Whom will we pick in 2morrows draft?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

bergholt wrote:
Dr Spaceman wrote:
bergholt wrote:should be a pretty straightforward one to score. plugger66 says four picks will be used tomorrow, stinger says six picks. both say one recycled player so nothing to split them there. this time tomorrow night we'll know the winner.
So if it's five picks and one recycled player, is there a replay :shock:
nah, in that case they both lose, and we never have to listen to either of them again.
C'mon five, c'mon five :lol:

borderbarry
Saintsational Legend

I have heard that we are going to take Travis Johstone with Pick 24, Brad Fisher with Pick 43, Chris Johnson with Pick 60, Ryan Gamble with Pick 77, and Jay Neagle with Pick 94. This is from a very reliable sauce.

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

borderbarry wrote:I have heard that we are going to take Travis Johstone with Pick 24, Brad Fisher with Pick 43, Chris Johnson with Pick 60, Ryan Gamble with Pick 77, and Jay Neagle with Pick 94. This is from a very reliable sauce.
Sounds like your very reliable sauce has been on the sauce BB!

If the Saints went down that path they would need to revise their 45,000 membership target down to 450 :shock:

samoht
Saintsational Legend
Location: https://www.amazon.com.au/Fugitive-Sold ... B00EO1GCNK

St Ick wrote:Rodan was an absolute star in juniors, but was average and disappointing at Richmond in his first handful of years in the AFL system.

:lol:
True on reflection .. Rodan probably wasn't the best example to support my argument... he should have but didn't start hitting his straps until last year probably - 2010 was his best year for sure.

ace
Saintsational Legend

borderbarry wrote:I have heard that we are going to take Travis Johstone with Pick 24, Brad Fisher with Pick 43, Chris Johnson with Pick 60, Ryan Gamble with Pick 77, and Jay Neagle with Pick 94. This is from a very reliable sauce.
We can all look forward to hearing voices and dementia in our old age.

The more you know, the more you know you don't know.
When I was a young child, I knew that I knew so much about so much.
Now that I am old and know so much more, I know that I know so much about so little, and so little about so much.

If you are not engaging AI actively and aggressively, you are doing it wrong.
You are not going to lose your job to AI.
You are going lose your job to somebody who uses AI.
Your company is not going to go out of business because of AI.
Your company is going to go out of business because another company used AI.
- Jensen Huang, CEO of NVIDIA
Bardon Saint
Club Player

Almost every phantom draft has us picking up Viv Michie at pick 43.

This is what SEN says:

Draft Picks: 24, 43, 59, 75, 90, 103, 111 (PR)

The Saints will be watching players like Brad Harvey, Viv Michie and Thomas Schneider.

Brad Harvey
Height: 185cm
Weight: 83kg
DOB: 16/04/92
Club: Eastern Ranges (Vic)

Medium defender/midfielder that can play inside or outside and provide good run and carry. Very quick and competitive. Vic Metro U18 representative in 2010. Terrific power athlete. Needs to work on his endurance. 2nd in 20m sprint test. 2nd in repeat sprint test. 2nd in running vertical jump. 1st in standing vertical jump.

Viv Michie
Height: 187cm
Weight: 78kg
DOB: 23/02/92
Club: Oakleigh Chargers (Vic)

Well rounded player who is dangerous as a forward and can play midfield or back. Excellent kick and reads the game extremely well. Vic Metro rep, averaging 16 disposal and two goals. Gold Coast were looking at him last year as a 17 year old but didn’t take him. 3rd in agility test at draft camp.

Thomas Schneider
Height: 177cm
Weight: 75kg
DOB: 30/09/92

Very smart and courageous fall of the ball player. Clean hands and neat disposal skills. Smart around goals and very impressive for Vic Metro in the 2010 under-18 championships, winning All-Australian honours. Averaged 22 disposals at 75 per cent efficiency. Very committed.

Middo
Club Player

Bardon Saint wrote:Almost every phantom draft has us picking up Viv Michie at pick 43.

This is what SEN says:

Draft Picks: 24, 43, 59, 75, 90, 103, 111 (PR)

The Saints will be watching players like Brad Harvey, Viv Michie and Thomas Schneider.

Brad Harvey
Height: 185cm
Weight: 83kg
DOB: 16/04/92
Club: Eastern Ranges (Vic)

Medium defender/midfielder that can play inside or outside and provide good run and carry. Very quick and competitive. Vic Metro U18 representative in 2010. Terrific power athlete. Needs to work on his endurance. 2nd in 20m sprint test. 2nd in repeat sprint test. 2nd in running vertical jump. 1st in standing vertical jump.

Viv Michie
Height: 187cm
Weight: 78kg
DOB: 23/02/92

Well rounded player who is dangerous as a forward and can play midfield or back. Excellent kick and reads the game extremely well. Vic Metro rep, averaging 16 disposal and two goals. Gold Coast were looking at him last year as a 17 year old but didn’t take him. 3rd in agility test at draft camp.

Thomas Schneider
Height: 177cm
Weight: 75kg
DOB: 30/09/92

Very smart and courageous fall of the ball player. Clean hands and neat disposal skills. Smart around goals and very impressive for Vic Metro in the 2010 under-18 championships, winning All-Australian honours. Averaged 22 disposals at 75 per cent efficiency. Very committed.
If we can jag Guthrie at 24 would be pretty happy as his highlights package suggests he could be a player !!!

Jack Newnes happy to be a Saint !!!! PS and to hit a target !!!
ace
Saintsational Legend

I would like to get Tom Lynch to replace .... Tom Lynch!

The more you know, the more you know you don't know.
When I was a young child, I knew that I knew so much about so much.
Now that I am old and know so much more, I know that I know so much about so little, and so little about so much.

If you are not engaging AI actively and aggressively, you are doing it wrong.
You are not going to lose your job to AI.
You are going lose your job to somebody who uses AI.
Your company is not going to go out of business because of AI.
Your company is going to go out of business because another company used AI.
- Jensen Huang, CEO of NVIDIA
Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

ace wrote:I would like to get Tom Lynch to replace .... Tom Lynch!
I'd like to get Tom Lynch to compliment .... Tom Lynch!

Ain't gonna happen but :P

samoht
Saintsational Legend
Location: https://www.amazon.com.au/Fugitive-Sold ... B00EO1GCNK

Dr Spaceman wrote:

complement ! :wink:

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

I have this gut feel that the experienced player we will go for tonight could be from Frankston.

bergholt
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:I have this gut feel that the experienced player we will go for tonight could be from Frankston.
that haretuku guy's supposed to be ok.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

bergholt wrote:
plugger66 wrote:I have this gut feel that the experienced player we will go for tonight could be from Frankston.
No I am serious. I heard his name today on SEN and for some reason I have a feeling we might pluck him. Completely forgotton his name though.

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

samoht wrote:
Dr Spaceman wrote:

complement ! :wink:
I compliment you on your diligence samolt :wink:

BanGerS
Club Player

plugger66 wrote:
bergholt wrote:
No I am serious. I heard his name today on SEN and for some reason I have a feeling we might pluck him. Completely forgotton his name though.
Do you mean Michael Hibberd?

borderbarry
Saintsational Legend

I am going for two mids, one fwd, one ruck, one utility, one rookie promotion. All 6 used. I hope they are all youngsters, or at least not from other AFL clubs.

Saints94
SS Life Member

Any of Prestia, Lamb or Harper and i will be a happy man.

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

Saints94 wrote:Any of Prestia, Lamb or Harper and i will be a happy man.
Gee, it's just like waiting for Santa isn't it :D

Let's just hope we don't end up with those dud gifts we get from the dodgy rellos :shock:

Bardon Saint
Club Player

Some have tipped Darling to slide past our first pick. Anyone interested? He's a big boy!

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

Bardon Saint wrote:Some have tipped Darling to slide past our first pick. Anyone interested? He's a big boy!
Probably will slide a bit but his profile should ensure he doesn't slide all the way to us.

Sounds okay, especially at pick 24 - just can't see it happening.

Spinner
Saintsational Legend

Jay Clark - HS - Twitter

Luke Dahlhaus

Small forward with dreaklocks

Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

My prediction is that whomever we pick up with each of pur picks will be touted on here as a future champion.

I'm still waiting to hear why Prestia, if he drops to us at pick 24 is a 'ready to play AFL' player and yet no other club bothered to take a 'ready to play AFL' player in the frst 23 picks.
Are all those in front of him 'ready to play AFL' next season also?

I genuinely want to know what's so special about this kid that some on here think he'll drop to pick 24 and yet clearly is ready to play AFL straight away?

I would have thought that most Clubs on recognizing a young talent that was 'ready to play AFL' would snaffle him well before our pick?

SaintSimmo
Club Player

Spinner wrote:Jay Clark - HS - Twitter

Luke Dahlhaus

Small forward with dreaklocks
http://www.afl.com.au/News/NEWSARTICLE/ ... sId=104415

looks and sounds cocky....no offence to the kid. Maybe its cause he is an essendon supporter.

Sainter for life.
Saintersss
Club Player

Mr Magic wrote:My prediction is that whomever we pick up with each of pur picks will be touted on here as a future champion.

I'm still waiting to hear why Prestia, if he drops to us at pick 24 is a 'ready to play AFL' player and yet no other club bothered to take a 'ready to play AFL' player in the frst 23 picks.

I genuinely want to know what's so special about this kid that some on here think he'll drop to pick 24 and yet clearly is ready to play AFL straight away?

I would have thought that most Clubs on recognizing a young talent that was 'ready to play AFL' would snaffle him well before our pick?
Many teams, especially teams who are rebuiliding, don't pick players who are ready made because they don't need players to make an impact straight away. They pick players who have enourmous upside and potential for the future. E.g. Bennell or Day. While these two players probably won't have a large impact next year, both look to have huge upside and in 3 years turn out to be top players. Just like why Jack Watts was picked. And why someone like Rich, who was a ready made player, slid, because many recruiters didn't believe he had enough potential.

The main reason he will slide, (although he will now probably be picked up around Pick 10) is his height.

thirty-seven!?
Club Player

Mr Magic wrote:My prediction is that whomever we pick up with each of pur picks will be touted on here as a future champion.

He has an AFL ready body, but the issue is his height (175cm). Similar concerns for Prestia as they have for Darling - did he just stand out in juniors as he was just so much stronger than everyone else? And now at AFL level will he be shown up, playing against players just as strong as him?

Personally I like the looks of him - he is quick and has a great boot. A really strong first 30 players or so is what could make him slide. Clubs like their chosen picks for certain reasons, and won't always pounce on a 'slider' just because he is a bargain. I doubt Prestia will make it to us, but I certainly hope he does!