Official delistings

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Batnoe
Club Player

Robert Campbell perhaps??

Carn Saints
#1GILL
SS Hall of Fame

saintbrat wrote:
Batnoe wrote:
I would think Johnson and Cahill could also be a chance and if Baker's twitter about last time he packs the bag is true then we will have another 3 picks
My feeling on that twitter was that it was about This years bag- He also tweeted that he was happy to be looking forward to that 200th game..
first list lodgement

I asked him about that at the B&F and he definetly meant just for the year. But I also asked if he's playing on next year, and he said "Yeeeeaaaah", then changed to 'well it's all up in the air at the moment, some things we need to sort out"

So take from that whatever you want.

dcstkfc
Saintsational Legend

#1GILL wrote:
I asked him about that at the B&F and he definetly meant just for the year. But I also asked if he's playing on next year, and he said "Yeeeeaaaah", then changed to 'well it's all up in the air at the moment, some things we need to sort out"

Think the great man had a few that night

STRENGTH THROUGH LOYALTY.

‎''I still get really excited, and I've got the '66 thing up on the wall in a frame … You look at it and think: one day, we want to achieve that.''- Arryn Siposs
Teflon
Saintsational Legend

I reckon Bakes should pull the pin.

Geary must get a chance.

“Yeah….nah””
chook23
Saintsational Legend

Teflon wrote:I reckon Bakes should pull the pin.

Geary must get a chance.
If Bakes pulls the pin

Give 10 to the blonde solid bloke

saint4life
#1GILL
SS Hall of Fame

dcstkfc wrote:
#1GILL wrote:

Think the great man had a few that night
You are quite correct.

saintly
Saintsational Legend

Geary must get a chance.
i agree.

spert
Saintsational Legend

Saintersss wrote:
spert wrote:Stanley might be 202cm but a ruckman he is not, he's a tall forward. Patto was a bit stiff and probably needed to be on the books for another season as insurance. Blake is wasted in the ruck and Kosi is now just an ordinary player who would struggle to get a game in most teams, so the ruck stocks are thin with Gards being older and slower. I expect Big Ben to continually improve over the next few years which will be real bonus.
Actually Stanley was a ruckman in all his junior years and played as a ruckman quite well in his first year at the club in the VFL.
Jeez point taken, junior footy is one thing but compared to any of the power rucks in the league -forget it.

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Geary must get a chance.
Geary, Dempster?

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

mad saint guy wrote:With King, Pattison and McGrath gone you can be certain we'll pick up a ruckman or two. Probably an experienced one and a kid.

Hopefully we'll cut our losses with Cahill and Johnson and get a couple of extra kids. Bakes should call it quits as well; i'd rather see Smith/Geary get the gig next year.
I'm not convinced we'll be after any ruckmen.

In any order you like we look like having Gardiner, McEvoy, Kosi and Stanley - with Blake as a back up back up.

I'm not sure we need any more of these big fellas in our new 3 interchange 1 substitute world.

ace
Saintsational Legend

If one of (the highest paid) Baker, Blake, Milne were to join Hayes on the veteran not on the senior list, St Kilda would have created 5 spaces on the senior list.

To be eligible for veteran status a player must be 29 1/4 at the start of the year AND played 10 years at the club.
Riewoldt does not become eligible for veteran status until 2013.
Koschitzke becomes eligible in 2012.

With Simpkin already filling one of these, and Walsh temporarily promoted in 2010 but not yet confirmed permanently for 2011, it would leave St Kilda with 3 national draft pick spaces.

Assuming that Allen and L Fisher are eventually delisted from the rookie list that would leave St Kilda with 4 normal rookie picks to join Archer and Gaertner.
3 former scholarship only rookie spaces would be availalbe but only Jackson Ferguson and Kane Murphy would seem to be eligible.

The more you know, the more you know you don't know.
When I was a young child, I knew that I knew so much about so much.
Now that I am old and know so much more, I know that I know so much about so little, and so little about so much.

If you are not engaging AI actively and aggressively, you are doing it wrong.
You are not going to lose your job to AI.
You are going lose your job to somebody who uses AI.
Your company is not going to go out of business because of AI.
Your company is going to go out of business because another company used AI.
- Jensen Huang, CEO of NVIDIA
Sean

Yeah Leigh Fisher and Jarryd Allen are on the rookie list for contractual reasons. They will get officially delisted before the 2011 season. Other players likely to get the cut are Will Johnson and Paul Cahill.

vacuous space
SS Life Member

Sean wrote:Other players likely to get the cut are Will Johnson and Paul Cahill.
Our fourth and fifth pick would be 76 and 93 before factoring in compensation picks. Not sure we'll get much better than Cahill or Johnson at that stage. We'd also have to pay Johnson not to play.

Yeah nah pleasing positive
Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

vacuous space wrote:
Sean wrote:Other players likely to get the cut are Will Johnson and Paul Cahill.
Our fourth and fifth pick would be 76 and 93 before factoring in compensation picks. Not sure we'll get much better than Cahill or Johnson at that stage. We'd also have to pay Johnson not to play.
An excellent point well made vac.

Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

SainterK wrote:Do clubs sometimes delist, with the view to pick them up again?

Or is Patto gone gone?
Surely you jest. Why would you want to keep him? He makes Kosi look like a gun.

Old enough to repaint, but young enough to sell
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Bernard Shakey wrote:
SainterK wrote:Do clubs sometimes delist, with the view to pick them up again?

Or is Patto gone gone?
Surely you jest. Why would you want to keep him? He makes Kosi look like a gun.
Not jesting at all, I simply asked if he was gone gone?

mad saint guy
Saintsational Legend

Dr Spaceman wrote:I'm not convinced we'll be after any ruckmen.

In any order you like we look like having Gardiner, McEvoy, Kosi and Stanley - with Blake as a back up back up.

I'm not sure we need any more of these big fellas in our new 3 interchange 1 substitute world.
Gardiner - Ageing number one ruckman with a history of injuries, 16 games likely to be around his output. Very solid when fit, but shouldn't be relied on.

McEvoy - Improving kid. At the moment solely a backup ruckman; could suffer from the sub rule as he lacks the mobility to play significant time forward and ruckwork isn't good enough to match it with the big boys.

Kosi - Likely to be a true forward/second ruckman. Can be exposed for lack of agility up forward but is reasonably mobile for a ruckman. Not a true number one, but good second ruck.

Stanley - Skinny framed giant with freakish athleticism. Could fill in as a forward, but would be crunched by 105kg monsters in the ruck which could be seriously detrimental to his future career. Not going to play significant game time as a ruckman in 2011.

Number one ruckman - Gardiner
Number two ruckmen - Kosi, McEvoy
Developing - Stanley

Blake could be a pinch hitter against teams with an ordinary second ruck but is generally needed in defence.

We need another solid, giant battering ram we could throw into the ruck for 60% of the game if Gards goes down otherwise we'll get thrashed in the hitouts and risk injuring more players who aren't suited to the role. It wouldn't surprise me if we looked at one of the top state league rucks.

westy
Club Player

Con Gorozidis wrote:This can only mean one thing. kosi to play ruck next year full time and stanley to play fwd.

Grant Thomas will be as smug as a bug in a rug.
Sarcasm is the lowest form of wit

I'm livin' in a madhouse
mad saint guy
Saintsational Legend

westy wrote:
Con Gorozidis wrote:This can only mean one thing. kosi to play ruck next year full time and stanley to play fwd.

It's a fair point. Interesting that in the second half of the drawn grand final that Kosi and Blake did a fantastic job in the ruck.

To the top
SS Life Member

Why the set against Cahill and Johnson?

Cahill was born on 19/08/90 and is listed at 192cm and 74kg. He was drafted at 74 in 2008.

He got a couple of minutes in a NAB Cup match in 2010, led up well and got a couple of touches for his efforts.

So why get rid of him?

Johnson was born on 26/10/89 and is listed at 191cm and 90kg. He was drafted at 64 in 2009.

So why get rid of him after just one season?

Simply, 191cm and 192cm players do not grow on trees.

It is the same with Lynch.

No doubt the coaching and mentoring staff at St Kilda have opinions on and input into the development of these players who could well form our spine in future years.

So why do supporters call for them to be delisted?

The other valid point is who do we then draft to take their places on our list - because whoever the 191cm and 192cm players are, they also will take time.

Further, by de-listing Cahill and Johnson we put ourselves back by 2 years and 1 year respectively in the development of players.

Both Cahill and Johnson were both drafted because they showed some ability in junior leagues.

Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

mad saint guy wrote:
westy wrote:

It's a fair point. Interesting that in the second half of the drawn grand final that Kosi and Blake did a fantastic job in the ruck.
What did they do in the replay?

Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

To the top wrote:Why the set against Cahill and Johnson?

Cahill was born on 19/08/90 and is listed at 192cm and 74kg. He was drafted at 74 in 2008.

He got a couple of minutes in a NAB Cup match in 2010, led up well and got a couple of touches for his efforts.

So why get rid of him?

Johnson was born on 26/10/89 and is listed at 191cm and 90kg. He was drafted at 64 in 2009.

So why get rid of him after just one season?

Simply, 191cm and 192cm players do not grow on trees.

It is the same with Lynch.

No doubt the coaching and mentoring staff at St Kilda have opinions on and input into the development of these players who could well form our spine in future years.

So why do supporters call for them to be delisted?

The other valid point is who do we then draft to take their places on our list - because whoever the 191cm and 192cm players are, they also will take time.

Further, by de-listing Cahill and Johnson we put ourselves back by 2 years and 1 year respectively in the development of players.

Both Cahill and Johnson were both drafted because they showed some ability in junior leagues.
Both will stay. Cahill has potential and Johnson was the talk of the town last year, he had a shocker this year and can only get better.

mad saint guy
Saintsational Legend

Bernard Shakey wrote: What did they do in the replay?
What did anyone do in the replay? The team was shot

markinUSA
SS Life Member

Has Leigh Fisher been OFFICIALLY delisted?
I don't know; but I wish him wel in the future.

"Don't give up, never give up" - Robert Harvey.
borderbarry
Saintsational Legend

St Kilda

Seniors:
King (retired)
Smith (retired)
Pattison (delisted)
Lovett (delisted)

Rookies:
Simpkin (elevated)
McGrath (delisted)
Hutchings (delisted)
Allen (retired)
Fisher (delisted)

Are we likely to have any more delistings? At this stage, unless Tommy Walsh is upgraded before the Draft, we have 3 vacancies, although if Bakes is put onto Vet List there will be 4. Also I believe that we never actually filled all spaces last year, so there may be another one there. Can anybody recall the situation from ;ast year?