Ban Paul Connors for Draft Tampering

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Thinline
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
Thinline wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Thinline wrote:They've done nothing wrong. That's why they're doing it. That they can do it without it being wrong is the problem.

There's no free agency yet. Players shouldn't be allowed to pick and choose.

I don't personally see how that is so difficult to understand.
We can do it too. Lets face it a few on here are jealous of the trades the pies have done in the last 2 years and if that is what is required then we have to do it too. Any player can say they want to go to a club during the trade and good luck to them if they get there. What it proves is Paul Conners is a great player manager for his players.
I think people understand that. I also think the discussion has evolved from 'is it right?' to 'shouldn't be allowed' and now to 'why is it allowed? Surely its contrary to the spirit of drafting as a concept?'.

On the latter, Connor's behaviour on behalf of his clients is stinky and surely must raise eyebrows in high places.
Well if i was a player, the first manager I would contact is Paul Conners. Whether it is the spirit I really dont care but i suggest after getting to the last 2 GF's that the Saints say stuff any spirit and lets win the flag anyway we can as long as we dont actually break a rule but we can break any spirit we like. Being a nice club may make a few supporters happy but winning a GF will make all the supporters go off their heads.
It's a point you've been making regularly, Plugger.

And whilst your personal opinion is illuminating, the broader issue as to the ethics of the practice is also interesting.

"The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break in the game. Every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches that's gonna make the f***in' difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying!'