Never return Max.

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

BackFromUSA
Saintsational Legend

Max is welcome back as our defensive coach in 2011 as far as I am concerned.

And he can bring Collingwood's gameplan with him.

Their tweaks on our gameplan with a superior list (more even and better skilled) have won them a Premiership.

We now need to know how to beat their system.

AwayInUSA no longer ... have based myself back in Melbourne for a decade of Saintsational Success (with regular trips back to the USA)

"Saintsational Player Sponsor 2007 - 2018"
saints66
Club Player

Hey Barks4eva, get real - they beat us by 56 points

Keep your head in the sand, make excuses and don't face reality.

We were not good enough!

PJ
SS Life Member

Max bled for the club,,,,wank, wank, wank, wank, wank, wank.

I'm sure you'll come to the same conclusion when you wake up...he's just another employee. You wankers that are putting Max up as a demi-god are the same people that sh#t bag lesser players as having lesser qualities because they are not from St.Kilda. Guess what morons non of them care. Max is just another employee.....

I've never seen a bad St.Kilda player - that's just how they are.
wasaintsfan
Club Player

max was a great player for us... and from all accounts a great guy...

hes just doing his job.... im sure alot of you people have jobs that arent the best but you go to work make the best of the day go home and get a paycheck

(not saying he doesnt enjoy his job... but he wants to be involved with footy and thats how the cookie crumbled)

barks4eva
Saintsational Legend

saints66 wrote:Hey Barks4eva, get real - they beat us by 56 points

Keep your head in the sand, make excuses and don't face reality.

We were not good enough!
HEY SAINTS66 GET REAL!

WE DREW THE WEEK BEFORE!

YOU KNOW SCORES LEVEL!

SCORES TIED!

0 POINTS

NEEDED A REPLAY TO DECIDE THE RESULT!

FAIR DINKUM

OR DID YOU HAVE YOUR HEAD BURIED IN THE SAND UP UNTIL YESTERDAY?

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

DO THE MATHS AND THE SQUARES ARE ALL ROOTED.
desertsaint
Saintsational Legend

Bloody hurts this loss.
But I could never begrudge max this reward.
Champion who bled for us and was denied the chance last year.
Zac was very good these finals, but I believe max deserved
the chance last year - inspirational player - as did baker last week.

"The starting point of all achievement is desire. "
PJ
SS Life Member

hes just doing his job.... im sure alot of you people have jobs that arent the best but you go to work make the best of the day go home and get a paycheck
What a load of crap.....sorry Max is on the Collingwood payroll. He has dinners with Eddy, he is good mates with the players that rubbed it into your teams face, he has given Collingwood information about St.Kilda that has les to their down fall - please someone try and say that non of this is true. Max is an emplyee of the Collingwood FC he is no longer part of what we strive for - St.Kilda success, he is part of the enemy, deny this or please piss off.

I've never seen a bad St.Kilda player - that's just how they are.
Moods
Saintsational Legend

PJ wrote:
What a load of crap.....sorry Max is on the Collingwood payroll. He has dinners with Eddy, he is good mates with the players that rubbed it into your teams face, he has given Collingwood information about St.Kilda that has les to their down fall - please someone try and say that non of this is true. Max is an emplyee of the Collingwood FC he is no longer part of what we strive for - St.Kilda success, he is part of the enemy, deny this or please piss off.
No-one is denying anything. Some of us are curious why all the vitriol now twds Max. Have you got the balls to say the same thing about Harvs? How was his position at the blues any different? Are you going to accuse him of being disloyal as well? The only difference is that Harve's went to a club not as good. Do you honestly believe that Harve's didn't pass on everything he could that he learnt at the saints. How about you get a grip.

As soon as we lose a GF all sorts of scapegoats are being looked for as to why we lost. No-one was all over Max after Rd 16, or even after the drawn GF.

Dal_Santos_Gal
Saintsational Legend

I am really annoyed reading this thread and now I want to see your reactions to this question and I want this question answered honestly and I don't want sarcastic answers.

this QUESTION is for all of you who are bagging Max and telling him to never return.

If we had played Carlton in the Grand Final and lost with SIR Robert Harvey as an assistance coach of the Carlton Football club, would you all be on here bitching about him as well ?

Seriously thou players hang up the boots and move to other clubs FACT.
gees this is just a bad case of sour grapes and I wouldn't think St Kilda supporters would do this, its more a Collingwood stlye to bag out players / x players etc etc.
But go right ahead, kick him, tell him he can never return but just remember maxie BLED RED WHITE AND BLACK for every single game he played with the St Kilda football club and now he has a job to do at another club.

In Ross Get lost!

I am excited to stay at St Kilda and this is a great result for the Club and all our fans. I’m proud to be part of the Saints and am pleased to be playing football with the Clubâ€
saint66au
Saintsational Legend

This thread is just rubbish

Fact is that players move to other clubs to further coashing aspirations. Just so happens Maz moved to one that have beaten us in a GF. So be it.

Suck it up people. He's always be a champion Saint player to me :-)

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
St. Luke
Saintsational Legend

saint66au wrote:This thread is just rubbish

Fact is that players move to other clubs to further coashing aspirations. Just so happens Maz moved to one that have beaten us in a GF. So be it.

+1

I'm pretty sure Max was in the coaches box during the first GF.... Or was he on a Collingwood paid vacation somewhere?

The more I look at it, the more apparent it becomes, is that we spent our last bits of energy trying to come back from a fair way down in GF1 to come a whisker away from snaring it! I think we need to move on! Dropping, cutting players, disrupting the list.... Pffft!!! Thank heavens Lyon has his head level and screwed on!

When they created LENNY HAYES (in the shadow of Harvs) they forgot to break the mold (again)- hence the Supremely Incredible Jack Steven!!
barks4eva
Saintsational Legend

Personally I'd love Max to return and as early as next year to bring back any inside info he has and attempt to redeem himself from having taken inside info to the filth which obviously helped them and made them a five goal better team which effectively cost us a premiership!

I'm not one saying 'never return', in fact I'd be saying please Max come back NOW!

But the fact remains he helped them and in the end, his betrayal in handing over sensitive info about OUR gameplan and tactics, contributed in no small way to the filth winning the premiership given the first GF was a draw!

DO THE MATHS AND THE SQUARES ARE ALL ROOTED.
saint75
SS Hall of Fame

Dal_Santos_Gal wrote:I am really annoyed reading this thread and now I want to see your reactions to this question and I want this question answered honestly and I don't want sarcastic answers.

this QUESTION is for all of you who are bagging Max and telling him to never return.

If we had played Carlton in the Grand Final and lost with SIR Robert Harvey as an assistance coach of the Carlton Football club, would you all be on here bitching about him as well ?

gees this is just a bad case of sour grapes and I wouldn't think St Kilda supporters would do this, its more a Collingwood stlye to bag out players / x players etc etc.
But go right ahead, kick him, tell him he can never return but just remember maxie BLED RED WHITE AND BLACK for every single game he played with the St Kilda football club and now he has a job to do at another club.
Same question I asked a page or so back DSG when I read through some of the rubbish on this thread. Every one has thrown open their arms to Robert Harvey and will do the same for Max. Posters on this forum are notorious for doing back flips.

Max will return. Sooner I hope than later.

Fortius Quo Fidelius
Dal_Santos_Gal
Saintsational Legend

saint75 wrote:
Dal_Santos_Gal wrote:I am really annoyed reading this thread and now I want to see your reactions to this question and I want this question answered honestly and I don't want sarcastic answers.

Same question I asked a page or so back DSG when I read through some of the rubbish on this thread. Every one has thrown open their arms to Robert Harvey and will do the same for Max. Posters on this forum are notorious for doing back flips.

It's amazing how in recent years of winning a lot more than losing how the St Kilda supporters are starting to eat on their own (the leaving early thread) and bag out players and x players. If this is what some sort of success does then we are in trouble.

You know thou its interesting how none of them will answer the question.

In Ross Get lost!

I am excited to stay at St Kilda and this is a great result for the Club and all our fans. I’m proud to be part of the Saints and am pleased to be playing football with the Clubâ€
saint75
SS Hall of Fame

Dal_Santos_Gal wrote:
saint75 wrote:

It's amazing how in recent years of winning a lot more than losing how the St Kilda supporters are starting to eat on their own (the leaving early thread) and bag out players and x players. If this is what some sort of success does then we are in trouble.

You know thou its interesting how none of them will answer the question.

EXACTLY! It has now been asked twice and not one response. Of course it is different because Carlton did not make a GF (and don't look like doing so for quite a while yet :lol: ).

I haven't ruled out Max coming back next year. Do we have a defensive coach as of yet or is our current one leaving? Can't keep track of who is in and who is out assistant coaching wise.

Fortius Quo Fidelius
Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

Here's another question you could pose Dal_Santos_Gal:

If Max had've left the Saints at the end of 2009, frustrated at being unable to get a game, and had gone to the Pies as a player, and had taken the same "intelligence" with him, and had won a Premiership playing at Full Back for the Pies, would the hatred have been directed towards Max or towards Ross?

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

Not Max's fault. I still cant believe our coach chose dempster over max in 2009. id hold a grudge too.

And why didnt we employ Scotty Burns as a coach as payback and for his insights?? We let the Pies walk all over us. In trade week. In the PR stakes. Off the park. And now on the park.
Pies 4 Saints 0.

Dal_Santos_Gal
Saintsational Legend

Dr Spaceman wrote:

Here's another question you could pose Dal_Santos_Gal:

If Max had've left the Saints at the end of 2009, frustrated at being unable to get a game, and had gone to the Pies as a player, and had taken the same "intelligence" with him, and had won a Premiership playing at Full Back for the Pies, would the hatred have been directed towards Max or towards Ross?
Almost in the same court as Luke Ball, the difference with Luke Ball and Max is Ball has many years of footy left in him, Max would have been lucky to have 1 possibly 2 if your lucky.

Max would have been heading towards the end of his career and knowing he couldn't get a game at St Kilda he moved clubs in hope to play and possibly win a flag.

BUT max bled red white and black for our mighty club, he didn't want to play for anyone else, if it was not in a St Kilda jumper. Max could of well put himself up on the table to see if another club would have picked him up. He chose to stay a one club man and for that he is a true sainter.

The fact he now has a job to do at another club, not as a player but has moved into coaching. The same as what Robert Harvey did when he was at Carlton. There is no difference between Max and Harves but yet NO ONE will answer the question.

But at least I will answer the question when asked one, unlike same who will bag the s*** out of max but will not answer the question if it had been Robert Harvey.

In Ross Get lost!

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

dont get mad. get even.

we should at least interview shane obree and tarkyn lockyer for a coaching role for 2011.

we should have gone for scotty burns for 2010.

bergsone
SS Life Member

Suppose carlton fans are saying same about SOS when we beat them.Get over it.

Love to see him back,is there a postion open?

meher baba
Saintsational Legend

Con Gorozidis wrote:Not Max's fault. I still cant believe our coach chose dempster over max in 2009. id hold a grudge too.
Max was never going to be playing as a defensive forward.

The selectors chose Dawson over Max: still, in retrspect, a reasonable call IMO: I certainly don't think it cost us the game.

They chose Dempster ahead of Gwilt: in retrospect, this wasn't perhaps such a good call. Gwilt isn't anywhere near as effective in the forward line as he is down back, but he could conceivably have made a difference in the 2009 GF. He certainly would have slotted that gimme goal that Dempster missed (I can't recall Gwilt missing a shot on goal in recent years).

"It is useless to attempt to reason a man out of a thing he was never reasoned into."
- Jonathan Swift
Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

Well I think Ross did try to limit the damage once it became apparent that Max was going to join Collingwood.

Here for the first time is an exclusive transcript of their parting conversation:

RL “Max it’s time to retire. You’re a bit past it and we have Zac now.â€

RodKeoghsLoveChild
Club Player

I find it hilarious that people have a go at Max because he moved on with the next phase of his life and is now scum, yet our own players can't spend more than 10 minutes at a family day...

Thanks for the support CURRENT PLAYERS, we will turn up for 10 minutes when it was those very players who put in a totally inept performance. They should be the ones spending time with the fans, giving back....

Suck it up and give back to these people who admire and look up to you especially the kids..

Like a midget at a urinal, I was going to have to stay on my toes.
Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

saint66au wrote:This thread is just rubbish

+ 1. u cant ignore what max did for us for all those years. and not his fault he was SHAFTED in the 2009 GF.

SaintWodonga
Club Player

Tony Lockett kicks 10 goals

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4v4ZQJHjlvM