Old and sore, oh really Sharrod?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Mr Magic wrote:And David Parkin on AFL Teams (Fox Sporst) stated there was a rumour in Canberra during the week that the Saints had asked for teh game to be played on Sunday (not Saturday).
WHen asked by the other panelists why they would ask for that, the response was 'recovery'.

Oh and for those interested, the tips from this set of experts was:-
Tony Shaw - Collingwood by 10 points
David Parkin - Collingwood by 19 points
Liam Pickering - Collingwood by 6 points
Its important who people tip. Last week 299 out of 300 were wrong. Harry Taylor was right though. My neck is killing me though.

Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
Mr Magic wrote:And David Parkin on AFL Teams (Fox Sporst) stated there was a rumour in Canberra during the week that the Saints had asked for teh game to be played on Sunday (not Saturday).
WHen asked by the other panelists why they would ask for that, the response was 'recovery'.

Its important who people tip. Last week 299 out of 300 were wrong. Harry Taylor was right though. My neck is killing me though.
Sorry to hear about your sore neck - did you twist it looking for that 16 page liftout?

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Mr Magic wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

Sorry to hear about your sore neck - did you twist it looking for that 16 page liftout?
I am fascinated by your fascination that the Saints must have as many articles as the pies. Fascinating. Just maybe they are a bigger club than us just like we are bigger than the WB.

Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
Mr Magic wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

I am fascinated by your fascination that the Saints must have as many articles as the pies. Fascinating. Just maybe they are a bigger club than us just like we are bigger than the WB.
So using that logic, why would anybody want to sponsor us - surely everybody should just sponsor the Filth because they will get more exposure, 'because they are the bigger Club'?

It's a Grand Final - there are 2 teams playing.
It's not just Collingwood vs ??????
Why aren't our sponsors entitled to similar exposure from supposedly 'unbiased' media outlets?

You know what?
I reckon there are more Saints supporters in the south east corridor of Melbourne that there are feral filth.

Last time I looked, the Hun, Age, Australian, Ch7, Ch9, Ch10, Ch2, 3AW, SEN, ABC, MMM were all published or broadcasting to teh Melbourne area - not just the Collingwood parts of Melbourne.

Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

Mr Magic, just face facts. There are probably ten times more Pies fans than Saints fans. Pies sponsors pay more than Saints sponsors because they know they get more exposure and the Hun know Collingwood sell papers.
Get over it we will win this week, that's all that matters.

Old enough to repaint, but young enough to sell
SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

idiots

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

Bernard Shakey wrote:Mr Magic, just face facts. There are probably ten times more Pies fans than Saints fans. Pies sponsors pay more than Saints sponsors because they know they get more exposure and the Hun know Collingwood sell papers.
Thanks for your advice, and the opportunity to respond.

How do you know what sponsors pay to the various Clubs they sponsor?
Or are you just guessing again, like you often seem to do.

And tell me exactly why it is wrong with me asking/demanding equality in the week we are playing the GF?
If we win we get the same Premiership Cup as Collingwood don't we?
It's not a smaller version because we're a 'smaller' Club is it?

We get the same prizemoney don't we?
It's not doled out on a 'sliding scale' based on the 'size' of the Club is it?

If we were in Sydney then I wouldn't expect similar treatment to the Swans
Ditto for Perth and the WCE/Freo
Ditto for Geelong with their Ablettiser (have to change their name now)

But here in Melbourne, I expect us to get similar treatment as the other Melbourne based Club we are playing in the GF.

And I especially expect it from our media sponsor The Age who saw fit to produce a 16 page liftout on our opponents.

But hey, you do what you like - it's a free forum to vent our views on.
Go back to bagging our players like Kosi if it floats your boat.

Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

Mr Magic wrote:
Bernard Shakey wrote:Mr Magic, just face facts. There are probably ten times more Pies fans than Saints fans. Pies sponsors pay more than Saints sponsors because they know they get more exposure and the Hun know Collingwood sell papers.

And tell me exactly why it is wrong with me asking/demanding equality in the week we are playing the GF?

But here in Melbourne, I expect us to get similar treatment as the other Melbourne based Club we are playing in the GF.

And I especially expect it from our media sponsor The Age who saw fit to produce a 16 page liftout on our opponents.

Exactly what makes you think all Melbourne clubs should get the same treatment from the media? You talk about our media sponsor The Age, who also sponsor Melbourne and Carlton that I know of.

By the way, Kosi's had a great final series. I still reckon we should have traded him at the end of '08.

Old enough to repaint, but young enough to sell
Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

Bernard Shakey wrote:
Mr Magic wrote:

Exactly what makes you think all Melbourne clubs should get the same treatment from the media? You talk about our media sponsor The Age, who also sponsor Melbourne and Carlton that I know of.

By the way, Kosi's had a great final series. I still reckon we should have
traded him at the end of '08.
The same reason why the AFL allocated 20,000 tickets to our members - exactly the same number they allocated to Collingwood, even though they have 50% more members (allegedly).

I'm glad to see you've finally been able to publicly recognize Kosi's finals performances - it's taken you long enough after the continual bagging/belittling of him you've resorted to for months.

Like so may topics you seem quick on the trigger to 'bag', but slow on the uptake to praise.