Goddards Mark of the Century

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Owen
Club Player

I cried after the mark & goal .. first time I've ever cried at a game of footy in 30+ years .. have screamed and yelled and been livid to point of breaking many times .. but never cried ..

As for Ch.7 .. dont be harsh it was just a collective scream of amazement .. better than SEN or (especially) MMM at that moment .. very dissapointed in Rex's call of it ..

LaUrEnCe
Club Player

SteveStevens66 wrote:
stevie wrote:
One annoying thing about Seven is that the moment is lost a bit - BJ takes it, goes back, goal. A brief view of Saints flags waving.
I think the commentators, in particular, McAvaney, missed the moment as well. None of them are a patch on Mike Williamson. A really good commentator gives himself time to create a memorable line, such as, "Jesaulenko, you beauty!" The clowns on 7 missed Goddard's mark and after a split second could only give a collective yell. That's not commentary.
Ya agreed with both posts. Would've been good if they showed the Saint fans before BJ took that mark and then after.

True Blue Sainter
Club Player

bigred wrote:
matrix wrote:i actually started to f****** cry
i thought that was it

f***
f***
f***

sorry
Yeah I was pretty much done at that point. I thought we had it.

I almost....ALMOST know what it feels like to win the flag.
Me too. The bloke next to me just grabbed me and clung on. The tears began to well up, and i thought we had it. That moment of euphoria I want to experience again this Saturday. Except I want to still be feeling it when the final siren goes!

The Saints are coming!
TazzieSaintGirl83
Club Player

True Blue Sainter wrote:
bigred wrote:
matrix wrote:i actually started to f****** cry
i thought that was it

f***
f***
f***

sorry
Yeah I was pretty much done at that point. I thought we had it.

I almost....ALMOST know what it feels like to win the flag.
Me too. The bloke next to me just grabbed me and clung on. The tears began to well up, and i thought we had it. That moment of euphoria I want to experience again this Saturday. Except I want to still be feeling it when the final siren goes!
Not alone in that, I think lots of Saints fans had tears at that moment, for just a moment we had clear sight to the cup, just a taste of what it would be like.
Hoping the boys put us all in heaven on Saturday!

GO SAINTS

100% Sainter Girl Through and Through