Stress Levels?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

TazzieSaintGirl83
Club Player

Im with you, I think I might be defective, I am not nervous yet.

I am concerned I will pass out during the national anthem. Either this Saints Bubble is one tough thing or I am cracking up

100% Sainter Girl Through and Through
goods
Club Player

im getting random rushes of energy through my body like electricity... this is freaky

St. Luke
Saintsational Legend

I've now moved away from stressed...I'm just angry! Pure and simple! Nothing would please me more than seeing this scum swept aside tomorrow! NOTHING!

When they created LENNY HAYES (in the shadow of Harvs) they forgot to break the mold (again)- hence the Supremely Incredible Jack Steven!!
perfectionist
Saintsational Legend

Stress levels for Saints fans can only be measured on an open ended scale similar to that developed by Charles Richter for earthquakes. The stress increases exponentially according to the number of years of attending Saints games without seeing a flag. I saw my first game in 1960.

OneEyedSainter77
SS Life Member

perfectionist wrote:Stress levels for Saints fans can only be measured on an open ended scale similar to that developed by Charles Richter for earthquakes. The stress increases exponentially according to the number of years of attending Saints games without seeing a flag. I saw my first game in 1960.
Ouch...

Stillwaiting
Saintsational Legend

OneEyedSainter77 wrote:
perfectionist wrote:Stress levels for Saints fans can only be measured on an open ended scale similar to that developed by Charles Richter for earthquakes. The stress increases exponentially according to the number of years of attending Saints games without seeing a flag. I saw my first game in 1960.
Ouch...
I saw my first in about 1970. I am not coping at all at the moment, in fact I feel unwell.

I love this club
LaUrEnCe
Club Player

I'm officially shitting myself.. starting to sink in more now since the match isn't far away.

saintlee
Club Player

LaUrEnCe wrote:I'm officially shitting myself.. starting to sink in more now since the match isn't far away.
+1

Was doing okay until today....now very nervous/excited.....

saintpeter
Club Player

I am very calm. Don't know why but I am more nervous about home and away games. I think we will win and I will calmly watch the ups and downs of the game confident about the final result. 8-)

OneEyedSainter77
SS Life Member

This time tomorrow - we will know....

Actually - that deserves its own thread.

derby Street
Club Player

I was getting pretty wound up and suddenly developed an inner peace. Have I had a calling ? What will be will be - nothing much all us sainters can do but scream our lungs out with passion at the game (and anywhere else for that matter)

markp
Saintsational Legend

Starting to climb again now.

It's been a fairly calm week, and I've been confident... but it's a game of footy, with countless variables and unknowns.

I just wanna be able to watch both GF's back to back, over and over, all summer!

ausfatcat
Saintsational Legend

markp wrote:Starting to climb again now.

when at home the stress goes throught the roof espeacially when I come onto this website.

thats why I am trying to keep busy picking up extra shifts ect to keep the mind calm

saintly
Saintsational Legend

saintlee wrote:
LaUrEnCe wrote:I'm officially shitting myself.. starting to sink in more now since the match isn't far away.
+1

Was doing okay until today....now very nervous/excited.....
+1

was doing ok until yesterday. now just as nervous as last week!

3rd generation saint
Saintsational Legend

I just keep saying, I just want to win, I just wnat to win, and not by a point, but by a good margin, where we can start celebrating early in the last quarter.
I want to remember 66 as the first, not the only.

Except for the sanity nothing much has been lost.
Thinline
Saintsational Legend

Quietly beginning to s*** myself.

Just want this one so, so badly. To state the bleeding obvious.

Have woken twitchy about selections, too. Should we go with a runner and let Koz ruck it out?

Was calm as pie last week...Not so this time...

Lord help me.

"The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break in the game. Every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches that's gonna make the f***in' difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying!'
markp
Saintsational Legend

Thinline wrote:Just want this one so, so badly.
Yup.

The feeling when BJ kick that goal... it was like poking your head above the clouds.

But all too briefly.

Words cannot describe what it would mean to so many.

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

markp wrote:
Thinline wrote:Just want this one so, so badly.
Yup.

The feeling when BJ kick that goal... it was like poking your head above the clouds.

But all too briefly.

Words cannot describe what it would mean to so many.
Agree markp.

Even though we lead Geelong most of the day I never experienced that feeling in 2009. There was always the nagging feeling the Cats were going to over run us.

This time it was us running over the top of the other side and when BJ did the unbelievable and we hit the front, well it just seemed like this is going to be it.

Hopefully we get to experience that unbelievable feeling tomorrow, and that it stays with us for the next 12 months at least. :wink:

saintly
Saintsational Legend

TazzieSaintGirl83
Club Player

I may get shouted down here but can I suggest the Saints bubble? Its a great place to be :)

I want a flag so bad its a burning pain but at the same time what will be will be. Our boys have proven they will fight.

GO SAINTS

saint1974
Club Player

Fine during the week,but the stress is starting to appear again,this time where playing for real.

yipper
SS Life Member

TazzieSaintGirl83 wrote:I may get shouted down here but can I suggest the Saints bubble? Its a great place to be :)

I want a flag so bad its a burning pain but at the same time what will be will be. Our boys have proven they will fight.

GO SAINTS
Can they unzip it and let us all in too!!???

I want to stand for something. I'm a loyal person and I think at the end of my career it will be great to look back and know that I'm a St Kilda person for life.
- Nick Riewoldt. May 19th 2009.
saintly
Saintsational Legend

yipper wrote:
TazzieSaintGirl83 wrote:I may get shouted down here but can I suggest the Saints bubble? Its a great place to be :)

GO SAINTS
i like that!!! my stomach is in knots

TazzieSaintGirl83
Club Player

saintly wrote:
yipper wrote:

GO SAINTS
i like that!!! my stomach is in knots
Plenty of room for all the Saints fans in the Bubble :lol:

St. Luke
Saintsational Legend

I'm feeling good! Our team is in good shape, amd we've learnt a lot about ourselves and our opponent during the week.

Oh yeah, and I'm still angry! I want the Magpie filth buried!! And I want their cocky arrogant supporters silenced! I hate them! :twisted:

When they created LENNY HAYES (in the shadow of Harvs) they forgot to break the mold (again)- hence the Supremely Incredible Jack Steven!!