Roo's endorsement of the Liberals on Game Day

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Stephen Theodore
SS Hall of Fame

He was asked his opinion on the election and he gave it. Big deal.

He didnt exactly say no when they mentioned an after footy career in politics.

stinger
Saintsational Legend

saintnick12 wrote:
stinger wrote:
saintnick12 wrote:
Buckets wrote:OMG he has his own opinion! Sack him now! :roll:
Fine to have his own opinion but he shouldn't be sharing it publicly - especially while appearing as a representative of the St Kilda Football club and especially when the result of the election is still in doubt.
I love him...hence my nickname
But very disappointed in this.
he's a business man...owns a pub ...wtf did you think he would be voting for.... :roll: :roll: :roll:
As I've said, not surprised or worried about who he voted for...just don't think its a good look for him to be discussing it, especially witht the state of the election

go and blame joey then....he was the one who started the discussion......i bet the flowering labor supporters on here would be over the moon if he had said he voted for the pinkos.....and for the record..the state of the election has f*** all to do with it....everyone's voted...he can't affect any of the results..... :roll: :roll:

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
saintnick12
Club Player

You miss the point completely. :roll:

I give up.

"At the end of the day, a coach and a fitness adviser doesn't make a good football team, they're not the only ones who got us to two Grand Finals." Lenny Hayes. 27/9/2011.
Animal Enclosure
SS Hall of Fame

Some people are dead set knobs...& I don't mean Roo.

For what it's worth I voted Green, my wife voted Libs, last election I voted Labor & in November I'll vote against Brumby & go Liberal myself.

Good on Roo for being honest... how anyone can criticise that is beyond me. It's not as if he was influencing how people vote (& so what if he did) unless the independents are ardent St Kilda supporters (I'm sure that Bob Katter would wear red, white & black socks under his cowboy boots) & they're going to side with Abbott because Roo said he voted Liberal.

Politics is part of life just as sport is & there is NOTHING wrong with saying who you voted for (regardless of what hair brained & shallow policies that may have had- which they all did BTW).

FQF
SS Life Member

saintnick12 wrote:You miss the point completely. :roll:

I give up.
Taking like a little bit too seriously there mate.

saintluke
Club Player

Politics is part of life just as sport is & there is NOTHING wrong with saying who you voted for
Hear Hear

stinger
Saintsational Legend

saintnick12 wrote:You miss the point completely. :roll:

I give up.
i have no idea what your point was.....i was pleased he was actually interested in politics.....most young pple i know don't give a fig.....
Last edited by stinger on Sun 22 Aug 2010 6:45pm, edited 1 time in total.

GrumpyOne
Saintsational Legend
Location: Kicked out of the Coffee Shop, Settlement Pub, Cranbourne

stinger wrote:
saintnick12 wrote:
stinger wrote:
saintnick12 wrote:
Fine to have his own opinion but he shouldn't be sharing it publicly - especially while appearing as a representative of the St Kilda Football club and especially when the result of the election is still in doubt.
he's a business man...owns a pub ...wtf did you think he would be voting for.... :roll: :roll: :roll:
As I've said, not surprised or worried about who he voted for...just don't think its a good look for him to be discussing it, especially witht the state of the election

go and blame joey then....he was the one who started the discussion......i bet the flowering labor supporters on here would be over the moon if he had said he voted for the pinkos.....and for the record..the state of the election has f*** all to do with it....everyone's voted...he can't affect any of the results..... :roll: :roll:
I'm one of those flowering Labor Supporters you refer to, and I'd be just as condemning of him if he said he had voted Labor, instead of the pond scum he did vote for.

He is a footballer, nothing more, nothing less. He gets paid an obscene amount of money for being able to catch and kick a ball better than most. Who he votes for is totally irrelevant. I would expect his opinion to have no more weight in the discussion than yours or mine.

Australia...... Live it like we stole it....... Because we did.
stinger
Saintsational Legend

GrumpyOne wrote:
stinger wrote:
saintnick12 wrote:
stinger wrote:
saintnick12 wrote:

I'm one of those flowering Labor Supporters you refer to, and I'd be just as condemning of him if he said he had voted Labor, instead of the pond scum he did vote for.

He is a footballer, nothing more, nothing less. He gets paid an obscene amount of money for being able to catch and kick a ball better than most. Who he votes for is totally irrelevant. I would expect his opinion to have no more weight in the discussion than yours or mine.

well...the opinions of sleaze balls have no weight whatsoever...with me that is......glad to see you admit that you are a flower though.....fat too are you...???? :wink: :wink: :lol:
Last edited by stinger on Sun 22 Aug 2010 6:47pm, edited 1 time in total.

saintnick12
Club Player

GrumpyOne wrote:
stinger wrote:
saintnick12 wrote:
stinger wrote:
saintnick12 wrote:

Hooray. Someone who gets the point!!!!

"At the end of the day, a coach and a fitness adviser doesn't make a good football team, they're not the only ones who got us to two Grand Finals." Lenny Hayes. 27/9/2011.
FQF
SS Life Member

GrumpyOne wrote:

And it doesn't, but obviously it has generated a hell of alot more interest on here then your vote has.

He's allowed to say what he wants, just like the Age today has random people interviewed for who they voted for.

And condolences on your loss.

stinger
Saintsational Legend

saintnick12 wrote:
Hooray. Someone who gets the point!!!!

not a valid point imho...... :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: ...just somones opinion.....and one i don't agree with....

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

I'd have no qualms with him expressing his opinion about a matter that affects the country, state, club funding :idea: especailly when a question is put to him- better than being a smart.........and saying something dumb....

better that he has thought about it than not voted at all- illegal

and given he expressed the opinion AFTER the vote has finished cannot affect anyone elses vote

I'm guessing that given the final tally appears to be 50/50 2 party preffered there are 50% on here who voted differantly to the other 50%
or should that be 48% one way
3% another way
and 49% the third way

called freedom of choice - if he's able to express his reasons why- good on him...

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
GrumpyOne
Saintsational Legend

stinger wrote:
GrumpyOne wrote:
stinger wrote:
saintnick12 wrote:
stinger wrote:
saintnick12 wrote:

well...the opinions of sleaze balls have no weight whatsoever...with me that is......glad to see you admit that you are a flower though.....fat too are you...???? :wink: :wink: :lol:
Just one question Stinger...

How the hell do you get to type on your keyboard with your head so far up your arse?

Still living on the immoral earnings of your Grand-Mother?

stinger
Saintsational Legend

FQF wrote: And condolences on your loss.

no...don't give him that mate.....the incompetent incumbents got their just desserts.....they were always going to get the chop......just proves that roo can back a winner.....now.....hope he can bring us home in the same state....

stinger
Saintsational Legend

GrumpyOne wrote:
stinger wrote:
GrumpyOne wrote:
stinger wrote:
saintnick12 wrote:
stinger wrote:
saintnick12 wrote:

How the hell do you get to type on your keyboard with your head so far up your arse?

still playing the man i see sleazeball... :wink: :wink: 8-) 8-)

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

GrumpyOne wrote:
as an australian over the age of 18 he is expected to make a decision about who he votes for
and like every other person who does or does not get paid he is eligible to express his opinion by casting his vote and when asked saying why.....
just because his job is being a footballer does not exclude him from the right to
a: make a decision and
B; say why if he can and is willing..

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
stinger
Saintsational Legend

saintbrat wrote:I'd have no qualms with him expressing his opinion about a matter that affects the country, state, club funding :idea: especailly when a question is put to him- better than being a smart.........and saying something dumb....

better that he has thought about it than not voted at all- illegal

and given he expressed the opinion AFTER the vote has finished cannot affect anyone elses vote

I'm guessing that given the final tally appears to be 50/50 2 party preffered there are 50% on here who voted differantly to the other 50%
or should that be 48% one way
3% another way
and 49% the third way

called freedom of choice - if he's able to express his reasons why- good on him...
as usual...the voice of reason.... :wink: :wink:

GrumpyOne
Saintsational Legend

FQF wrote:
GrumpyOne wrote:

And it doesn't, but obviously it has generated a hell of alot more interest on here then your vote has.

He's allowed to say what he wants, just like the Age today has random people interviewed for who they voted for.

And condolences on your loss.
He is using his status as a footballer to promote the Pond Scum Party.

Not a random person.

We all lost in this election. Whoever becomes the PM will have to abide by the wishes of a handfull of disaffected rabble. In a year we will be doing it all over again.

GrumpyOne
Saintsational Legend

stinger wrote:
GrumpyOne wrote:
stinger wrote:
GrumpyOne wrote:
stinger wrote:
saintnick12 wrote:
stinger wrote:
saintnick12 wrote:

still playing the man i see sleazeball... :wink: :wink: 8-) 8-)
Pot Kettle Black?

Even my insults run rings around you.

Like arguing with a cockroach actually.....

stinger
Saintsational Legend

GrumpyOne wrote:[

We all lost in this election. Whoever becomes the PM will have to abide by the wishes of a handfull of disaffected rabble. In a year we will be doing it all over again.
i'm really loving that you are hurting at the election result....warms my heart and makes me smile actually....keep it up.....it's entertaining.... :wink: :wink: 8-) :twisted:

GrumpyOne
Saintsational Legend

saintbrat wrote:
GrumpyOne wrote:
as an australian over the age of 18 he is expected to make a decision about who he votes for
and like every other person who does or does not get paid he is eligible to express his opinion by casting his vote and when asked saying why.....
just because his job is being a footballer does not exclude him from the right to
a: make a decision and
B; say why if he can and is willing..
How many of us are given time on national tv to explain who we voted for and why?

As a political genius goes, Roo plays good football.

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

I so don't care who he voted for, I don't particularly care he shared it with the greater footballing community....

I realise other people care though, which is why this thread is how many pages it is already.

Not convinced the club will take a 'who cares' approach because people care see :)
Last edited by SainterK on Sun 22 Aug 2010 7:05pm, edited 1 time in total.

GrumpyOne
Saintsational Legend

stinger wrote:

i'm really loving that you are hurting at the election result....warms my heart and makes me smile actually....keep it up.....it's entertaining.... :wink: :wink: 8-) :twisted:
Just keep on pretending that Abbott won......

I suppose the RC God was on his side. :lol:

stinger
Saintsational Legend

GrumpyOne wrote:
stinger wrote:

Just keep on pretending that Abbott won......

suck it up flower.......think you will find in the coming days that he did.... :wink: :wink: :lol: :lol: