Five saints called in Lovett case

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

saintbrat wrote:
ChicagoSaint wrote:
Milan Faletic wrote:About Lovett.

He never played for St Kilda, he just took our money.

He is more of an ex-Bomber than an ex-Saint. It's a shame we keep getting our club's name associated with him.

I hope this case galvanises the group.
weak committal, the chick is a no show.
even if it goes to trial it's unlikely that he'll be found guilty on either charge.
even if by some stroke of extra-ordinarily bad luck he gets found guilty it's extremely unlikely that with his character he'll get locked-up.
why do you say ' no show'
from what I heard her evidence was given 'in camera ' this morning?
The news reported yesterday that she was the first witness called adn gave her evidence via video-link.
All reporters were barred from identifying her in any way.

InkerSaint
SS Hall of Fame

Mr Magic wrote:The news reported yesterday that she was the first witness called adn gave her evidence via video-link.
All reporters were barred from identifying her in any way.
The Herald Scum have spilled her profession and general appearance here. They're all over it. 3 articles and a front page headline "Saints Night Of Shame". That paper is staffed by dogs.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/victor ... 5903677771

"... You want to pose a threat to the opposition in as many ways as you can, both defensively and offensively. We've got a responsibility to explore all those possibilities - and we will."
Badlands
Club Player

You can tell it's much more a human interest story than a football-related story when the journo on the case spells Kosi's name: Justin Kozitsche

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/victor ... 5903674135

I think he got three letters in the right place. Seriously how hard is it to cross-reference this somewhere.

"I'm in the middle of a long conversation with my audience. It'll be a lifelong journey for both of us by the time we're done." - Bruce Springsteen.
bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

Badlands wrote:You can tell it's much more a human interest story than a football-related story when the journo on the case spells Kosi's name: Justin Kozitsche

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/victor ... 5903674135

I think he got three letters in the right place. Seriously how hard is it to cross-reference this somewhere.
wtf is jack stevens?

chook23
Saintsational Legend

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/victor ... 5903892406

Does anyone check these articles??

From article

McQualter said he arrived later at Bram’s apartment – after the alleged rape in Gram’s bedroom – to find the woman crying and her makeup smudged.

The court heard fellow player Adam Schneider told McQualter to look after her.

Not know what had happened McQualter said he told Bram to “f--- offâ€

saint4life
Badlands
Club Player

In yesterday's hearing the court heard the alleged victim told Gram in a police statement that the alleged victim was inconsolable...

Seriously, this is some of the worst court reporting i've ever read.

"I'm in the middle of a long conversation with my audience. It'll be a lifelong journey for both of us by the time we're done." - Bruce Springsteen.
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

I am not going to comment on this matter, except to say it's appears that the reporting over recent months that it was Jason Gram's girlfriend is inaccurate.

chook23
Saintsational Legend

SainterK wrote:I am not going to comment on this matter, except to say it's appears that the reporting over recent months that it was Jason Gram's girlfriend is inaccurate.
I don't think there was much official reporting on that......but you seem to have read/heard that somewhere

saint4life
chook23
Saintsational Legend

Badlands wrote:In yesterday's hearing the court heard the alleged victim told Gram in a police statement that the alleged victim was inconsolable...

Seriously, this is some of the worst court reporting i've ever read.
agree it is/has been terrible.

saint4life
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

chook23 wrote:
SainterK wrote:I am not going to comment on this matter, except to say it's appears that the reporting over recent months that it was Jason Gram's girlfriend is inaccurate.
I don't think there was much official reporting on that......but you seem to have read/heard that somewhere
Actually you are right, I'm not sure if I ever read this in any official reporting....but it has certainly been mentioned, quite a lot on here.

Thinline
Saintsational Legend

I won't say anything further other than based on what's been presented to the court so far Lovett appears to be as loose a bloke as we probably all suspected, the prosecution has a bit of work to do, and the other players there on the night can hold their heads pretty high for the way they handled things.

I repeat, based on what's been presented SO FAR...

"The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break in the game. Every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches that's gonna make the f***in' difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying!'
degruch
Saintsational Legend

I'm not really hot on this topic, but have been reading reports wherever I see them...it's a bit like watching a train crash.

I'm bemused by firstly, the lack of reference to Essendon, as a club who took little action over his indiscressions in the past, also the club he actually played for, how is it that he is constantly referred to as an ex-St Kilda player instead of an ex-recruit, or even ex-Essendon player?

Also, the victim's alleged comments referring to the 'black' or 'dark' guy...she'd spent most of the night with these guys, but doesn't know Lovett's name? Or is this the press playing with the truth? Very odd choice of description IMO.

Thinline
Saintsational Legend

degruch wrote:I'm not really hot on this topic, but have been reading reports wherever I see them...it's a bit like watching a train crash.

I'm bemused by firstly, the lack of reference to Essendon, as a club who took little action over his indiscressions in the past, also the club he actually played for, how is it that he is constantly referred to as an ex-St Kilda player instead of an ex-recruit, or even ex-Essendon player?

Also, the victim's alleged comments referring to the 'black' or 'dark' guy...she'd spent most of the night with these guys, but doesn't know Lovett's name? Or is this the press playing with the truth? Very odd choice of description IMO.
Okay. So I will say something else. 8-)

We must bear in mind that the papers will report whatever they see as relevant, but you've got to say the whole think stinks to high heaven.

As reported, anyway...

Oh, and he's not a 'former St Kilda player'. He never played. He's either a former St Kilda recruit, or a former Essendon player, or both. That seems easy for me to understand. Not so the papers. To say the truth of the matter would betray an obvious intention to label St Kilda the seedy sex club.

"The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break in the game. Every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches that's gonna make the f***in' difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying!'
bigred
Saintsational Legend

Sorry state of affairs.

"Now the ball is loose, it gives St. Kilda a rough chance. Black. Good handpass. Voss. Schwarze now, the defender, can run and from a long way".....
ace
Saintsational Legend

Putting it bluntly.
Seems she thought it was Gram so that was OK.
When she found out it was a snigger, she called rape.

She thinks she was raped because of mistaken identity, he thinks he had consent but without identity.
Don't know what the law says in a case like this, especially when all concerned were too drunk to know what they were doing.

A ban on alcohol can prevent a lot of this.
The boozing players all bear some responsibility.

But it is clear that the St Kilda players did not want Lovett and it would seem by Lovett's reaction to the accusation that there was prior disharmony, so he had to be sacked.

The more you know, the more you know you don't know.
When I was a young child, I knew that I knew so much about so much.
Now that I am old and know so much more, I know that I know so much about so little, and so little about so much.

If you are not engaging AI actively and aggressively, you are doing it wrong.
You are not going to lose your job to AI.
You are going lose your job to somebody who uses AI.
Your company is not going to go out of business because of AI.
Your company is going to go out of business because another company used AI.
- Jensen Huang, CEO of NVIDIA
Joey
Club Player

ace wrote:Putting it bluntly.
Seems she thought it was Gram so that was OK.
When she found out it was a snigger, she called rape.

She thinks she was raped because of mistaken identity, he thinks he had consent but without identity.
Don't know what the law says in a case like this, especially when all concerned were too drunk to know what they were doing.

A ban on alcohol can prevent a lot of this.
The boozing players all bear some responsibility.

But it is clear that the St Kilda players did not want Lovett and it would seem by Lovett's reaction to the accusation that there was prior disharmony, so he had to be sacked.
By reading whats been reported it seems that she initialy thought it was Gram but when she realised it was Lovett she said NO, but he continued anyway.

A champion is not defined by a number of wins, but by the courage shown to get up when your down
MC Gusto
Saintsational Legend

everyone knows who the girl is yea? that email went round a while ago...very interesting. i think i feel sorry for lovett at this stage. it was pretty clear ross wanted him and the players did not.
i dont know whether he is guilty here or not but the girl has a rep

#1 Ryder fan
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

MC Gusto wrote:everyone knows who the girl is yea? that email went round a while ago...very interesting. i think i feel sorry for lovett at this stage. it was pretty clear ross wanted him and the players did not.
Can I say that is a pathetic thing to say. All of it not just the last bit.

3:16
Club Player

plugger66 wrote:
MC Gusto wrote:everyone knows who the girl is yea? that email went round a while ago...very interesting. i think i feel sorry for lovett at this stage. it was pretty clear ross wanted him and the players did not.
Can I say that is a pathetic thing to say. All of it not just the last bit.
Agree with the ol' pluggole' on this one, that's average, if he did the crime, it shouldn't matter about her reputation, sorry for lovett, my ar$e!!!!!

"Cause Stone Cold said so"!!!!!

Shane Birss in 2008- Go the Pircha!!!!! RIP
Jarryn Geary-MIP in 2010!!!!!
Armitage=2010 SuperStar!!!!! (Luke Who)?????
chook23
Saintsational Legend

whilst not rape but Lovett had form re assault etc on his ex?

your ref to rep the girl......yet you say 'i dont know whether he is guilty here or not"...but dont apply that to the girl

:roll:

saint4life
bigred
Saintsational Legend

Dude.

"Now the ball is loose, it gives St. Kilda a rough chance. Black. Good handpass. Voss. Schwarze now, the defender, can run and from a long way".....
IluvHarvey
SS Life Member

Couldn't care less who the girl is or if she has a rep.

Let's just hope the correct decision is met.

And how is it clear that the players didn't want him? Am i missing something?

"It only ends once. Anything that happens before that is just progress."
chook23
Saintsational Legend

SEN stating he has been committed to stand trial

saint4life
3:16
Club Player

chook23 wrote:SEN stating he has been committed to stand trial
Fair enough, would have thought that was a no-brainer, based on events and evidence!!!!!

"Cause Stone Cold said so"!!!!!

Shane Birss in 2008- Go the Pircha!!!!! RIP
Jarryn Geary-MIP in 2010!!!!!
Armitage=2010 SuperStar!!!!! (Luke Who)?????
saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

IluvHarvey wrote:
And how is it clear that the players didn't want him? Am i missing something?
Well for example Mini's testimony at the hearing was that at the time that he told him (Lovett) that he was no longer welcome at the club.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....