Round 18 Teams

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

GoTheTorp wrote:
Thinline wrote:
GoTheTorp wrote:
Thinline wrote:Get over yourself and think before you ejaculate words, champ.

I've only seen him/them three times this year, granted. I do live in Queensland, though

Each time he's impressed with his endeavour, but his disposal has been poor and for a forward he (obviously) isn't much of a scoring threat.

So my point, if you'll allow me to have one (although something tells me you're the kind of guy who spends a lot of time talking and not a lot listening) is that if people are expecting some kind of three goal a game mid sized forward messiah, they ain't gonna get one.

They're simply getting another hard toiling forward. Mini, only not, well, mini.
Thats right you've seen 3 games on TV in queensland i rest my case
Seen 'em live, mate. Planes, you know. The ones that fly. I catch them sometimes.

And - to rest my case - I used the word GRANTED at the end of the relevant sentence. You know. As in a CONCESSION that I may not be the best qualified to comment. Understand that?

So explain to me, then, what you see Lynch's role to be?

Or do you just mouth off irrationally?
Take deep breathes count to 10, agression is too energy sapping, its no good for you keyboard legends, you break keys or your subtle fingers, settle back have another drink who cares? not me.

Lynch's role will be to get some senior experience as a reward for playing some good games for Sandy, what else would it be?

Oh and the great Plugger!! i am overwhelmingly underawed by our overrated presence petal :roll: The debate had nothing to do with you, or did someone flush the bogger and up you popped?
Have I met you? The great plugger. Obviously I have but I cant remember you at all. Completely insignificant.

Thinline
Saintsational Legend

GoTheTorp wrote:
Thinline wrote:
GoTheTorp wrote:

I've only seen him/them three times this year, granted. I do live in Queensland, though

Each time he's impressed with his endeavour, but his disposal has been poor and for a forward he (obviously) isn't much of a scoring threat.

So my point, if you'll allow me to have one (although something tells me you're the kind of guy who spends a lot of time talking and not a lot listening) is that if people are expecting some kind of three goal a game mid sized forward messiah, they ain't gonna get one.

They're simply getting another hard toiling forward. Mini, only not, well, mini.
Seen 'em live, mate. Planes, you know. The ones that fly. I catch them sometimes.

And - to rest my case - I used the word GRANTED at the end of the relevant sentence. You know. As in a CONCESSION that I may not be the best qualified to comment. Understand that?

Take deep breathes count to 10, agression is too energy sapping, its no good for you keyboard legends, you break keys or your subtle fingers, settle back have another drink who cares? not me.

Lynch's role will be to get some senior experience as a reward for playing some good games for Sandy, what else would it be?

Oh and the great Plugger!! i am overwhelmingly underawed by our overrated presence petal :roll: The debate had nothing to do with you, or did someone flush the bogger and up you popped?
So Lynch is being picked for the experience !!!

Glad we only need 17 on the field. What a rare luxury.

With respect, mate, that is about the most laughably pathetic piece of analysis I have ever heard.

Thanks for the contribution. It's been, well, something...

"The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break in the game. Every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches that's gonna make the f***in' difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying!'
Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

Thinline wrote:To clarify (for absolute watertight certainty for those feeling a little insecure about their blind hero worship):

IMO Lynch works really hard. He will bust his guts. IMO his disposal can let him down. IMO he certainly doesn't provide a scoring avenue. IMO, especially against a long running desire by some in ST K land for a goal pinching mid sizer, if people are expecting a 'goal rush' from the new boy they're probably going to be disappointed. On the numbers it's a fair 'IMO' to have.

That said I hope the guy kicks 10 straight, lays twenty effective tackles, makes his direct opponent look like an amateur and gets 3 Brownlow votes.

Good luck to him.
Lynch is 6'4" and Mini is 5'11". Don't expect the same game from Tom.
He's a tall forward who shows great potential and will be a future automatic selection.
Just because you saw Sandy last week and maybe a couple of other times this year means very little. VFL is a totally different game and Lynch has been doing what the Saints staff want.
Tom has overcome major health problems this year to take his place in our team tomorrow. He will acquit himself very well.

Old enough to repaint, but young enough to sell
GoTheTorp
Club Player

Thinline wrote:
GoTheTorp wrote:
Thinline wrote:
GoTheTorp wrote:

So Lynch is being picked for the experience !!!

Glad we only need 17 on the field. What a rare luxury.

With respect, mate, that is about the most laughably pathetic piece of analysis I have ever heard.

Thanks for the contribution. It's been, well, something...
You are absolutely clueless to why he is selected, hes being given a go because he deserves a go, he needs senior experience, you sir are the clueless one with obviously no idea of team structure and or or why kids are give a show in the seniors approaching finals. Now for laughable and pathetic look in the mirror there's a picture of you.

bigred
Saintsational Legend

GoTheTorp wrote:
bigred wrote:Good luck Lynch.

Seems to me we swapped a bloke in the seniors who was doing F*** all with a bloke in the magoos who has been doing F*** all.

:shock:
Obviously you know F*** all

go check his stats
I'll respond to this one instead of your other needlessly aggressive ramblings.

So he got ten kicks in a quarter last week. Was on field for all four.

Running at about 38% efficiency.

Lynch is a good player with solid work ethic, but he coughs up the ball.

He is getting a game because he needs to. Mini has been under performing.

I hope they put him on a HFF and actually give him some game time.

"Now the ball is loose, it gives St. Kilda a rough chance. Black. Good handpass. Voss. Schwarze now, the defender, can run and from a long way".....
jonesy
Saintsational Legend

Lynch will be a quality player for us down the track.

Showed a lot last year. Only seen him twice this year and he dissapointed,but he took forever to get over that hand injury...think he's going through second year blues.

He has footy smarts,knows where to lead. Not saying he'll be as good as Ryan Okeefe,but he plays his type of game,just doesn't have the engine yet.

I think with an extended run in the seniors he will step up to the grade. A smart player surrounded by other smart players usually has that effect

Bring back the Lockett era
GoTheTorp
Club Player

bigred wrote:
GoTheTorp wrote:

Seems to me we swapped a bloke in the seniors who was doing F*** all with a bloke in the magoos who has been doing F*** all.

go check his stats

No agression here at all, i really dont give a toss, just your thin mate carrying on.

Your saying hes doing F*** all is wrong and by your own admission hes been trying his guts out.

Last week he Lynch was named 2nd best, week before last he was named 2nd best, week before top3, hes not going to set the world on fire in his first game , may only become a journeyman after all but its not that hes done nothing at Sandy. Mini deserves the boot and this kid deserves a go.

Sandy is not the AFL but you are never going to know unless you give these kids a run in a non pressure game per se. This game isnt really a pressure cooker albeit we have some good fast opposition

Thinline
Saintsational Legend

Bernard Shakey wrote:
Thinline wrote:To clarify (for absolute watertight certainty for those feeling a little insecure about their blind hero worship):

IMO Lynch works really hard. He will bust his guts. IMO his disposal can let him down. IMO he certainly doesn't provide a scoring avenue. IMO, especially against a long running desire by some in ST K land for a goal pinching mid sizer, if people are expecting a 'goal rush' from the new boy they're probably going to be disappointed. On the numbers it's a fair 'IMO' to have.

That said I hope the guy kicks 10 straight, lays twenty effective tackles, makes his direct opponent look like an amateur and gets 3 Brownlow votes.

Good luck to him.
He's a tall forward who shows great potential and will be a future automatic selection.
Just because you saw Sandy last week and maybe a couple of other times this year means very little. VFL is a totally different game and Lynch has been doing what the Saints staff want.
Tom has overcome major health problems this year to take his place in our team tomorrow. He will acquit himself very well.
Bernard, I sincerely hope so. I'm not begrudging him his chance.

But if he scores goals it'll a) be a surprise b) be a bonus.

I've seen them three times. Respectfully that'd be three more than most. And if that's not enough to form at last a semi-considered view of a guy's present worth then I'll eat my hat.

Do you think his disposal by foot and his goal scoring ability will all of a sudden shift up a gear by virtue of selection?

Again, I hope so. But if it does, I suspect my other hat's in danger.

Fact is, as others have said, he's in because of a dropping. I'm not convinced it was upward pressure that gave him the nod.

Still, hope he rips the game apart. I don't see him as the messiah, though.

"The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break in the game. Every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches that's gonna make the f***in' difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying!'
Thinline
Saintsational Legend

GoTheTorp wrote:
bigred wrote:
GoTheTorp wrote:

go check his stats

No agression here at all, i really dont give a toss, just your thin mate carrying on.

Your saying hes doing F*** all is wrong and by your own admission hes been trying his guts out.

Last week he Lynch was named 2nd best, week before last he was named 2nd best, week before top3, hes not going to set the world on fire in his first game , may only become a journeyman after all but its not that hes done nothing at Sandy. Mini deserves the boot and this kid deserves a go.

Sandy is not the AFL but you are never going to know unless you give these kids a run in a non pressure game per se. This game isnt really a pressure cooker albeit we have some good fast opposition
I'm still waiting for you to describe what it is that the guy's going to add?

So far 'the experience', 'the chance', 'he's a kid' and 'a go' is what you've mentioned.

You mouth off like you know him inside out, and yet you've offered nothing.

Seriously, argy bargy aside, what is it YOU think Lynch will add to our team on Friday night?

I'm seriously happy to learn something, mate.

maverick
Saintsational Legend

Thinline wrote:
GoTheTorp wrote:
bigred wrote:
GoTheTorp wrote:

go check his stats

So far 'the experience', 'the chance', 'he's a kid' and 'a go' is what you've mentioned.

Seriously, argy bargy aside, what is it YOU think Lynch will add to our team on Friday night?

In another thread you mentioned Lynch being well built and hard at the contest and Yipper I think asked if you meant Tommy Walsh and not Lynch in your analysis.

Are you sure you meant Lynch?

Thinline
Saintsational Legend

Def meant Lynch. i was looking at the right bloke! I think, from memory, I suggested Lynch was a big bloke who was running himself ragged but struggling to dispose well? That would seem to accord with the views of others on here.

In hindsight, in a poor team, the fact that he was getting the ball so often -albeit pretty late in the day I seem to remember - was a good thing I guess.

Still, hope my perhaps needless doubts - I was pretty cranky after the GC/Sandy game I'm happy to add - are proven ill considered.

And its true. He certainly gets big internal raps.

We'll see. Hope it goes well.

PJ
SS Life Member

I think we need to wait until tomorrow night to know exactly what he'll add to the structure. I think if people are going to rip each others heads off before anything has happened then this argument is really about your ego.

Go Tom all the best

I've never seen a bad St.Kilda player - that's just how they are.
GoTheTorp
Club Player

Thinline wrote:
GoTheTorp wrote:
bigred wrote:
GoTheTorp wrote:

go check his stats

The keyboard legend speaks so i must reply. You will see what he does or doesnt do on Friday as we all will. What he adds to the team is probably a rotated 192cm forward who doesnt shirk the issue when hes going hard at the ball. May even see him rotated to the 1/2 back line at some stage but i dont think so, who knowes what Ross has in mind? or is it rest Roo and or Kosi and turn him loose. He has a big tank for a boy his size and i could see him getting up and slotting a goal or 2 but i dont hold hopes of a debut player turning the game on its head. And no i dont see him through rose coloured glasses or idolise him, i just see him as a fair dinkum go hard type of footy player. Go Tommy!!

Need any more paragraphs on Lynch? or the 10 games i have seen of Sandy this year? or are you fed up with being a smart guy? and on the name calling you can cut that back a tad as well, you arn't that tough.

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
Milan Faletic wrote:Don't be surprised if Mini or Geary are a last minute change in for Joey.
Why? Would they have not just said he was injured tonight.
RL loves the last minute change. Did it with dal against pies.
I agree - dont be surprised to see geary in for joey.

shmic_s
Club Player

I'd be thinking he'll playing half forward and push up the wing.
If he can get a few passes inside 50 to Roo and Kosi, then he'll be doing his job IMO.
Ideally, Lynch in the team allows Roo and Kosi both stay closer to goal. Making us more dangerous going forward.

Thinline
Saintsational Legend

Keyboard legend... WTF is that? It's possibly the worst sledge I've ever heard. Do you want me to apologise for being able to spell or something?

Nah. No more required, mate. That'll do.

F*** wasn't hard to extract a bit of something tangible was it.

Fair dinkum.

Go Tommy!

At least we agree on that.

GoTheTorp
Club Player

Thinline wrote:Keyboard legend... WTF is that? It's possibly the worst sledge I've ever heard. Do you want me to apologise for being able to spell or something?

Nah. No more required, mate. That'll do.

F*** wasn't hard to extract a bit of something tangible was it.

Fair dinkum.

Go Tommy!

At least we agree on that.
Still waiting for something tangible with your argument? lets hear your side of how he doesnt deserve his spot and how hes done F*** all at Sandy as you were alluding to in your post earlier, before you needlesly went on the attack.

Thinline
Saintsational Legend

Mate all I've said is state the facts of his VFL performance: has a real dip, poor disposal, doesn't kick goals and otherwise suggested that IMO Mini has been dropped rather than Lynch forcing his way in, people shouldn't expect the goal scorer they probably want and expressed my best wishes that the kid goes well. Don't know what 'allusions' you're referring to. If you can be bothered pointing them out, I'll happily respond. But do it by PM. Suspect people are probably as sick of reading the to and fro as I am participating in it.

Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

Thinline wrote:
Bernard Shakey wrote:

Good luck to him.
Bernard, I sincerely hope so. I'm not begrudging him his chance.

But if he scores goals it'll a) be a surprise b) be a bonus.

I've seen them three times. Respectfully that'd be three more than most. And if that's not enough to form at last a semi-considered view of a guy's present worth then I'll eat my hat.

Do you think his disposal by foot and his goal scoring ability will all of a sudden shift up a gear by virtue of selection?

Again, I hope so. But if it does, I suspect my other hat's in danger.

Fact is, as others have said, he's in because of a dropping. I'm not convinced it was upward pressure that gave him the nod.

Still, hope he rips the game apart. I don't see him as the messiah, though.
He's not the messiah and he's not even a very naughty boy, but I think you'll all be surprised by what Tom Lynch will bring to the game tomorrow.

The year of the ranga.

Old enough to repaint, but young enough to sell
Thinline
Saintsational Legend

I do share a touch of the ranga - especially in the beard - so there's certainly an element of kindred in any fan-dom on my part.

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

saintspremiers wrote:
S.A Saint wrote:official out mini and in lynch..good move imho
mini is a nothing, so anything as in is a bonus!
Show some respect or p-ss off.

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
ace
Saintsational Legend

I don't care how he has played for Sandringham.
I care about how he plays for St Kilda.
May that include heaps of goals.

The more you know, the more you know you don't know.
When I was a young child, I knew that I knew so much about so much.
Now that I am old and know so much more, I know that I know so much about so little, and so little about so much.

If you are not engaging AI actively and aggressively, you are doing it wrong.
You are not going to lose your job to AI.
You are going lose your job to somebody who uses AI.
Your company is not going to go out of business because of AI.
Your company is going to go out of business because another company used AI.
- Jensen Huang, CEO of NVIDIA
OneEyedSainter77
SS Life Member

Best of luck Tommy!

bigred
Saintsational Legend

What is his natural arc?

"Now the ball is loose, it gives St. Kilda a rough chance. Black. Good handpass. Voss. Schwarze now, the defender, can run and from a long way".....
FQF
SS Life Member

bigred wrote:What is his natural arc?
may aswell go very wide in his first game. it'll help the rest of his career.