Blakey Gone

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

degruch
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
degruch wrote:
plugger66 wrote:Apart from Baker in the last 3 years can anyone come up with stats to show we get picked on more than any other team at the tribunal. Doesnt ring a bell to me ot to RL as well apparently.
2010:
Baker life imprisonment for 4 light taps

2009:
King 4 weeks for a block
Gwilt 2 weeks for allowing an opposition player to run into him
Dawson 2 weeks for a shepherd

2008:
X pummeled into the next week by Trent West off the ball, no suspension

2007:
Baker 20 years hard labour for a block
Luckily no other club has what they would consider strange suspensions. By the way King and Dawson got the right penality.
Each were very excessive, and in most cases, barely frees let alone suspensions. Of course, since we have the Baker Rule applied to players in RW&B, they all seem quite normal.

On the other side of the coin, look at any number of incidents involving Barry Hall, Adam Goodes, Chris Judd, Nick Maxwell, and see how the other half lives. In your absense, we decided you're the last person to sensibly discuss bias and the AFL, as it became patently obvious what was happening a couple weeks ago.

samoht
Saintsational Legend
Location: https://www.amazon.com.au/Fugitive-Sold ... B00EO1GCNK

It's not illegal to stick your arm out to impede - Blake did that but he also unfortunately stuck a leg out simultaneously in the same reflex motion.

There was no sweeping action and it was at knee level, not targeting the lower leg .. so some mitigating factors perhaps ?

I think by sticking his arm out .. he almost reacted the right way and at least got the impeding half right and it could be argued his extended arm could have prevented his opponent from falling over anyway (tongue in cheek) ... so some leeway and allowance for a reflex action should be forthcoming ?

bozza1980
Club Player

Blake is guilty of trying and succesfully tripping an opponent.

Reflex or not you can't do it.

That said it's not a hanging offence, heres hoping he can get out with a reprimand.

For what it's worth, I think we do seem to get the rough end of the stick when it comes to tribunal decisions. I think the Dawson suspension last year was and remains a joke, how long after play on is called can you shepard a potential tackler of your team mate?? From the moment play on is called he can tackle the player with the ball and as such is fair game for a shepard.

Life is very short and there's no time for fussing and fighting my friends.
Thinline
Saintsational Legend

bozza1980 wrote:Blake is guilty of trying and succesfully tripping an opponent.

That said it's not a hanging offence, heres hoping he can get out with a reprimand.

For what it's worth, I think we do seem to get the rough end of the stick when it comes to tribunal decisions. I think the Dawson suspension last year was and remains a joke, how long after play on is called can you shepard a potential tackler of your team mate?? From the moment play on is called he can tackle the player with the ball and as such is fair game for a shepard.
Serious question. If a bloke runs into a defender's leg, is it a trip? Does there have to be premeditation on the part of the tripper?

"The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break in the game. Every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches that's gonna make the f***in' difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying!'
bozza1980
Club Player

Thinline wrote:
bozza1980 wrote:Blake is guilty of trying and succesfully tripping an opponent.

Serious question. If a bloke runs into a defender's leg, is it a trip? Does there have to be premeditation on the part of the tripper?
Is he running with a "normal" action or is he running like Zola Budd at the 84 Olympics??

Life is very short and there's no time for fussing and fighting my friends.
Stillwaiting
Saintsational Legend

So when do we know if he has been rubbed out?

I love this club
Eastern
Saintsational Legend

Stillwaiting wrote:So when do we know if he has been rubbed out?
Normally some time between 4.00pm & 5.00pm AEST !!

NEW scarf signature (hopefully with correct spelling) will be here as soon as it arrives !!

wallbanger
Club Player

If we knew the REASON why we were picked on we might be able to do something about it....that is precisely the point.

:roll:

Please...let's win a Premiership before GEELONG!!!! (O.k., so we've missed that opportunity...maybe let's win the next one before Geelong????)