Pattison and McEvoy

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

spert
Saintsational Legend

Macca is still developing and will only get better, Patto shows the desire required at this level and put in a useful game. Kosi on 2009 form would replace one of them, but on 2010 form, Kosi is no better than either of these two.

gringo
Saintsational Legend

Big Mac can play at ground level too. Sandilands is a find because like Cox he can gather his own ball and set up play. I can see Mac being a really handy option as an extra mid not just a ruck that stands back chopping off play. Just needs a bit more ruck technique and he will be a star.

Pattison will get better as he settles -every game he looks more relaxed. At the moment he looks like he is over thinking in front of goal. Something it took Riewoldt a long time to stop. He has probably played a combined total of about 10 games, he will get better. He is a real surprise packet, could be another find.

Thinline
Saintsational Legend

gringo wrote:Big Mac can play at ground level too. Sandilands is a find because like Cox he can gather his own ball and set up play. I can see Mac being a really handy option as an extra mid not just a ruck that stands back chopping off play. Just needs a bit more ruck technique and he will be a star.

Pattison will get better as he settles -every game he looks more relaxed. At the moment he looks like he is over thinking in front of goal. Something it took Riewoldt a long time to stop. He has probably played a combined total of about 10 games, he will get better. He is a real surprise packet, could be another find.
Patto's played 64 games over five seasons as an AFL player.

"The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break in the game. Every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches that's gonna make the f***in' difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying!'
BAM! (shhhh)
SS Hall of Fame

bob__71 wrote: Pattison kicks better than Stanley
That's a worry.

Stanley's got some time to improve before it becomes an indictment.

"Everything comes to he who hustles while he waits"
- Henry Ford
Animal Enclosure
SS Hall of Fame

BAM! (shhhh) wrote:
bob__71 wrote: Pattison kicks better than Stanley
That's a worry.

Stanley's got some time to improve before it becomes an indictment.
Stanley's kicking action will allow him to improve as his confidence grows.

Patto's is an awkward action that will always struggle to give him any consistency.

Kosi's is a beautiful action but he 'shovel foots' the ball when he tries to kick it too hard.

Gardy's is a little awkward looking but he always drops the ball onto the foot perfectly.

savatage
SS Life Member

Stanley is a lovely kick. At AFL level I think he's still at that nervous stage. In the VFL he's dobbed them comfortably outside of 50m and he's a great field kick for his height.

Inexperience and lack of confidence is the current issue at AFL level for him, he'll get there rather fast.

Thinline
Saintsational Legend

savatage wrote:Stanley is a lovely kick. At AFL level I think he's still at that nervous stage. In the VFL he's dobbed them comfortably outside of 50m and he's a great field kick for his height.

Inexperience and lack of confidence is the current issue at AFL level for him, he'll get there rather fast.
Must confess for all the s*** I hang on him for his kicking I do get the impression that once he slots one semi-difficult one he'll be away...

"The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break in the game. Every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches that's gonna make the f***in' difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying!'
saintly
Saintsational Legend

Thinline wrote:
gringo wrote:Big Mac can play at ground level too. Sandilands is a find because like Cox he can gather his own ball and set up play. I can see Mac being a really handy option as an extra mid not just a ruck that stands back chopping off play. Just needs a bit more ruck technique and he will be a star.

therefore he can improve. a lousy 64 games. and besides wasnt he injured for the last year or 2. i belive thats was what he was saying when he got recruited for the saints. said something along thelines of playing injured.

Thinline
Saintsational Legend

Can improve? IS improving from what I've seen.

My comment re games was in relation to the previous poster's misunderstanding of Pattison's actual experience.

thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

"Big Ben" is going to be a wonderful clubman for us. His game is improving all the time and I think that some of his defensive marks (particularly against Geelong) of late are game turners. The other thing on his side is age, and He can become one of our greats.
Pattison too is useful to have in the squad and his game against Brisbane showed promise to come.

St Kilda forever 🔴⚪️⚫️ ( God help me)
bozza1980
Club Player

saintly wrote:
Thinline wrote:

therefore he can improve. a lousy 64 games. and besides wasnt he injured for the last year or 2. i belive thats was what he was saying when he got recruited for the saints. said something along thelines of playing injured.
I agree.

He did some good things Saturday night and with each game is seeming less and less the spud everyone thought he was.

If not for some terrible kicking at goal he could have had 3-4 in what was a tight contest he could have been the game breaker.

Not that I am suggesting he is on the verge of superstardom, I just think he still may have a good solid AFL career.

Life is very short and there's no time for fussing and fighting my friends.
saintly
Saintsational Legend

bozza1980 wrote:
saintly wrote:
Thinline wrote:

I agree.

He did some good things Saturday night and with each game is seeming less and less the spud everyone thought he was.

If not for some terrible kicking at goal he could have had 3-4 in what was a tight contest he could have been the game breaker.

Not that I am suggesting he is on the verge of superstardom, I just think he still may have a good solid AFL career.
have to agree with you.

you it will be like, if one of the ruckamn or forwards are injured we have two replacemenets that should continue to gor and improve stanley and pattison.

Pattison is not as bad as Knobel or Ackland.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

saintly wrote:
bozza1980 wrote:
saintly wrote:
Thinline wrote:

I agree.

have to agree with you.

you it will be like, if one of the ruckamn or forwards are injured we have two replacemenets that should continue to gor and improve stanley and pattison.

Short memory. They were much better ruckman that Pattison and Ackland was as good forward but he plays now so he is better apparently.

St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
saintly wrote:
bozza1980 wrote:
saintly wrote:
Thinline wrote:

I agree.

have to agree with you.

Short memory. They were much better ruckman that Pattison and Ackland was as good forward but he plays now so he is better apparently.
Knobel and Ackland both had tickers the size of a pea...

Have you got a short memory??

Pattison gives his all and is still young enough to improve further

Don't wait for the light at the end of the tunnel to appear, run down there and light the bloody thing yourself!
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

St Fidelius wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
saintly wrote:
bozza1980 wrote:
saintly wrote:
Thinline wrote:

I agree.

have to agree with you.

Knobel and Ackland both had tickers the size of a pea...

Have you got a short memory??

Pattison gives his all and is still young enough to improve further
I would suggest you have that short memory you talk of. They were certainly no world beaters but Pattison isnt either. Ackland was good at the Saints and Knobel servicable. Pattison will probably play 4 games for the year.

St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote: I would suggest you have that short memory you talk of. They were certainly no world beaters but Pattison isnt either. Ackland was good at the Saints and Knobel servicable. Pattison will probably play 4 games for the year.
IMO Pattison has a bigger heart than both Knobel and Ackland put together.

Pattison may play just the one more game for the year, but IMO he will play more next year.

He is a averaging 11 disposals, 4 marks, and over 3 tackles a match.

Yes, he is not a "world beater" but again, he has a much bigger heart than both Knobel and Ackland combined IMO.

To be honest there are a few on here that have knocked the selection of Pattison from the start and some on here just don't want to back down and give him a chance.

And no, I don't have a short memory....
Last edited by St Fidelius on Wed 14 Jul 2010 8:18pm, edited 1 time in total.

Don't wait for the light at the end of the tunnel to appear, run down there and light the bloody thing yourself!
saint tezza
Club Player

Not convinced about Patto yet ......

Think Big Mac has a lot of upside , quick hands down low for a big bloke and an able mark .....needs to work on the tap but think he will eventually be an asset.

But KNOBEL and HACKLAND

Enough spuds there for a hearty winter soup !!!

St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

saint tezza wrote:Not convinced about Patto yet ......

Think Big Mac has a lot of upside , quick hands down low for a big bloke and an able mark .....needs to work on the tap but think he will eventually be an asset.

But KNOBEL and HACKLAND

Yeah, I am a more of a wait and see with Patto, but he has just played 3 games with us and last year he played whilst injured.

He has shown some heart, which is by more than Knobel and Ackland, but some on here seem to have condemned him once the Club selected him.

I just hate that, and I prefer to give any player a chance once selected by the Club.

Some here gave both Knobel and Ackland 10 times more the praise before they even played a game with us than Patto has ever been given

:roll:

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

St Fidelius wrote:

But KNOBEL and HACKLAND

Yeah, I am a more of a wait and see with Patto, but he has just played 3 games with us and last year he played whilst injured.

He has shown some heart, which is by more than Knobel and Ackland, but some on here seem to have condemned him once the Club selected him.

I just hate that, and I prefer to give any player a chance once selected by the Club.

Some here gave both Knobel and Ackland 10 times more the praise before they even played a game with us than Patto has ever been given

I havent seen those posts. Who has said that rubbish. The only rubbish I have read is saying Pattison is not as bad as Knobel and Ackland.

St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
St Fidelius wrote:

But KNOBEL and HACKLAND

I havent seen those posts. Who has said that rubbish. The only rubbish I have read is saying Pattison is not as bad as Knobel and Ackland.
You are on here more than me.

Why don't you do a little research :idea:

Here is an idea (off topic)....

Just what do you think of Daniel Kerr now???

Do you really have a clue or just love rubbing posters the wrong way :?:

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

St Fidelius wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
St Fidelius wrote:

But KNOBEL and HACKLAND

You are on here more than me.

Why don't you do a little research :idea:

Here is an idea (off topic)....

Just what do you think of Daniel Kerr now???

Do you really have a clue or just love rubbing posters the wrong way :?:
Dont have a clue what you are on about. At least it proves you are a consistant poster. Dont understand the daniel Kerr comment. Also is sticking up for 2 ex Saints rubbing up posters the wrong way. Like I said I dont understand what you are on about.

St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote: Dont have a clue what you are on about. At least it proves you are a consistant poster. Dont understand the daniel Kerr comment. Also is sticking up for 2 ex Saints rubbing up posters the wrong way. Like I said I dont understand what you are on about.
Yep, not a clue...

I thought so...

FFS sticking up for 2 ex saints that had no heart and yet have a swipe of a current player....

Yes not a clue at all IMO

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

St Fidelius wrote:
plugger66 wrote: Dont have a clue what you are on about. At least it proves you are a consistant poster. Dont understand the daniel Kerr comment. Also is sticking up for 2 ex Saints rubbing up posters the wrong way. Like I said I dont understand what you are on about.
Yep, not a clue...

I thought so...

FFS sticking up for 2 ex saints that had no heart and yet have a swipe of a current player....

Had a swipe. When? You are consistent. You constantly have no idea. Now go handcuff yourself to a bed and get a good whipping.

stinger
Saintsational Legend

St Fidelius wrote:

But KNOBEL and HACKLAND

good post......patto has a dip...unlike the two pea hearts you mention.....

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
St Fidelius wrote:
Yep, not a clue...

I thought so...

Had a swipe. When? You are consistent. You constantly have no idea. Now go handcuff yourself to a bed and get a good whipping.
here is a little clue...

your'e recidivist poster when it comes to knocking another posters comments...

Someone mentions about Patto and you claim that you are supporting ex saints players in Knobel and Ackland...

FFS support our current player that has a bigger heart than both of them and stop just wanting to disagree for the sake of it, it has become so tiresome, and I feel most here know you just love to disagree :roll:

Patto selection was a good one IMO and it has cost the Club little, and may I suggest far less than Knobel and Ackland....

You claim that I have no idea and insult me by saying ...
You constantly have no idea. Now go handcuff yourself to a bed and get a good whipping
Here is another clue...

Stop with the abuse...

I don't agree with you sentiments about Ackland and Knobel, both of had no heart and no go, and I also find it strange that you continue to support them instead of our current player in Patto...

Go on and support those players that have moved on, but I will continue to support our list and I really don't care if you disagree with them but I don't appreciate the personal stuff :roll: