kosi contract status

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

Bernard Shakey wrote:
SainterK wrote:
Bernard Shakey wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
SainterK wrote:
plugger66 wrote:We will lose someone to the GC IMO but I would think no one on this site has a clue who they may be. Kosi by the law of averages in much more chance to stay than go. I wouldnt worry what people say about who is staying going because the truth is I doubt anyone on here would have a clue.
I hope you're right...
This is a shocking thing to say and I will be bagged for it but the only reason I hope Kosi doesnt go is that we will get bugger all for him.
Exactly, we should have traded him at the end of '08, when he had some value. The Dogs wanted him and would have jumped at the opportunity.
Love him or hate him, fail to see how the Saints would of benefited by providing the Doggies with a tall forward last year when they were already only just a kick or two away from beating us in the qualifying finals last year?

Unless of course you had another trade in mind to get some other tall to the Saints to replace him?
I wasn't looking for a like for like. All I wanted was to get rid of some deadwood two years ago and get decent draft picks or players at the time.

Didn't happen and as plugger66 said he's worthless now.
He may well be worthless now AS A TRADE, as Milne would have been in the last few years.

But Kosi, like Milne, still has plenty of worth - AS A SAINT!

markp
Saintsational Legend

bigcarl wrote:
markp wrote:
bigcarl wrote:Unfortunately, GT keeps suggesting he return to that role and Ross is unlikely to be seen to be taking direction from the ex.
You cant be serious? You think RL would not do something just because GT thinks he should? Maybe he only kept Milne because GT wanted to get rid of him??
I am serious and I shudder for Kosi's sake every time GT repeats it. He's no longer the coach and repeating it will only get the incumbent's back up.

Ross is his own man and has made his own stamp on the team. I get the feeling he doesn't like unsolicited advice, particularly from his old nemesis.
'Old nemesis'?

I think he's more likely to view GT as a current boyfriend views a previous deadbeat one... "You really used to go out with that guy??" :wink:

Not one chance in hell he would hold off for even a nano second in implementing something that he thinks would help our chances because of anything GT says or thinks.

SydneySainter
SS Hall of Fame

bigcarl wrote:
Bernard Shakey wrote:He doesn't care one iota what GT or anyone else (except his assistants) have to say.
If that is the case I'm delighted, because it means we may get to see Kosi at his best again.

Play him as second ruck, just as GT keeps urging. The press will have a field day with it.
Actually, didn't GT say that Kosi should be the number one ruck? If he did, that notion sucks big time. It's like if Tarrant was out of form at Freo and Connolly started urging Harvey to play Tarrant as the number ruck. Gardy is a much better ruck and should remain as our number one ruck choice.

Bad management is bad management
bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

SydneySainter wrote:Actually, didn't GT say that Kosi should be the number one ruck?
yes, you're right. he did say that and you are also right that he would be better as a no. 2 behind gardiner.

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

markp wrote:I think he's more likely to view GT as a current boyfriend views a previous deadbeat one ... "You really used to go out with that guy??" :wink:.
Yes, it's almost always said with a certain insecurity.
Not one chance in hell he would hold off for even a nano second in implementing something that he thinks would help our chances because of anything GT says or thinks
I'll believe you when Kosi plays a full game as second ruck.

Thinline
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:We will lose someone to the GC IMO but I would think no one on this site has a clue who they may be. Kosi by the law of averages in much more chance to stay than go. I wouldnt worry what people say about who is staying going because the truth is I doubt anyone on here would have a clue.
not necessarily so. they have a shot at an uncont from each club, but are more likely to spend up bigger on less players, say 6-8 guys. as i've said, they have quality base. it's more about supplementing what already exists. for that reason i reckon armo is almost definite. they have runners, but they're light on for grunt. he's not getting a game at st k injured or not. seems obvious. not sure anyone else will be in gc sights.

btw i won't say why, but i will say i can speak relatively authoritatively on things gc...

even so, the actualities of who and when are massive lock and key items. only two at gc would be aware - footy manager and ceo. journos are guessing and affected players silly enough to jeopardise a massive pay rise by leaking are risking too much to blab.

"The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break in the game. Every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches that's gonna make the f***in' difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying!'
markp
Saintsational Legend

bigcarl wrote:
markp wrote:I think he's more likely to view GT as a current boyfriend views a previous deadbeat one ... "You really used to go out with that guy??" :wink:.
Not when he knows she dumped him because he was a control freak and a dud shag.

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

markp wrote:
bigcarl wrote:
That's what she tells him :wink:

markp
Saintsational Legend

bigcarl wrote:
markp wrote:
bigcarl wrote:
That's what she tells him :wink:
:P

He is long gone, and she (at least) has well an truly moved on.

saint vince
Club Player

bigcarl wrote:
markp wrote:
bigcarl wrote:Unfortunately, GT keeps suggesting he return to that role and Ross is unlikely to be seen to be taking direction from the ex.
You cant be serious? You think RL would not do something just because GT thinks he should? Maybe he only kept Milne because GT wanted to get rid of him??
I am serious and I shudder for Kosi's sake every time GT repeats it. He's no longer the coach and repeating it will only get the incumbent's back up.

Ross is his own man and has made his own stamp on the team. I get the feeling he doesn't like unsolicited advice, particularly from his old nemesis.
Nemisis implies there was once a competition between the two. There never was. One was sacked one was hired. Also I highly doubt Ross gives a flying F**k what GT has to say or any other media personality does.

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

saint vince wrote:
bigcarl wrote:
markp wrote:

Nemisis implies there was once a competition between the two. There never was. One was sacked one was hired. Also I highly doubt Ross gives a flying F**k what GT has to say or any other media personality does.
i'll believe you when kosi plays in the ruck instead of looking like a fish out of water at ff.

saint vince
Club Player

I never said Ross was right to play him at FF but I don't think playing him there has anything to do with GT.

SinCitySaint
Club Player

I actually disagree with a couple of posters on here in that I think Kosi would present good value to GC.
They will draft some wonderful young talent but the one thing they will miss is the physical aspects that big experienced bodies bring. Kosi at the GC would take the number one defender giving the younger key position players a chance to play second or third tall. Kosi could play a bash/crash CHF role opening up the forward line for the GC youngsters.

Make no mistake we will lose a player and I would say at this moment Kosi or Armo are the obvious choices. More worrying is that I don't beleive Dal has signed yet. I stand to be corrected if this is not the case and hope I am wrong.