Official Teams

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

WinnersOnly
SS Life Member

Has to be eating away at the team morale...

Ghost Like wrote:Not sure I can get too excited about these revolving door type players such as Geary & Eddy but I do believe they give effort, play to instruction and leave everything on the field.
The fact that players like Dawson & McQualter keep getting a game with well below par performances all season, has to be eating away at the team morale. Players like Geary, Steven, Heyne, Armitage who IMO offer more in the long term than McQualter, put in 1 below par game and get dropped immediately defies reasoning.

IMO they are all more natural goal kickers than McQualter and McQualter is the perfect type to be playing the back pocket position.

If the selectors keep rewarding mediocrity (Dawson, Mini) these fringe players will stop trying and LYON will lose them just as he did BALL.

SAINTS another day older another day closer to the Holy Grail!
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Re: Has to be eating away at the team morale...

WinnersOnly wrote:
Ghost Like wrote:Not sure I can get too excited about these revolving door type players such as Geary & Eddy but I do believe they give effort, play to instruction and leave everything on the field.
The fact that players like Dawson & McQualter keep getting a game with well below par performances all season, has to be eating away at the team morale. Players like Geary, Steven, Heyne, Armitage who IMO offer more in the long term than McQualter, put in 1 below par game and get dropped immediately defies reasoning.

IMO they are all more natural goal kickers than McQualter and McQualter is the perfect type to be playing the back pocket position.

If the selectors keep rewarding mediocrity (Dawson, Mini) these fringe players will stop trying and LYON will lose them just as he did BALL.
That just will not happen. Maybe in local footy but this is the AFL. They have to get a contract to play and if you stop trying you end up at local footy.