Now that we are all winners...

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

rodgerfox wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
rodgerfox wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
You really do come across as a nice pleasant guy. I will take it you arent then.
Thanks.

You come across as a deadset sarcastic ****.

I'm not being sarcastic either.
I dont mind be called a sarcastic ****. By the way what is a ****?
I get it now. Thanks for the explanation.

Kate
Club Player

I'm bothered by lots of things. Could have a whole new decussion about junk food at the footy and drunken yobs.

Because I care.

I'm not one of those people who goes around thinking that it is all about me, and that everyone else can get stuffed.
Last edited by Kate on Tue 25 May 2010 7:01pm, edited 1 time in total.

rodgerfox
Saintsational Legend

Kate wrote:I'm bothered by lots of things.

Because I care.

I'm not one of those people who goes around thinking that it is all about me, and that everyone else can get stuffed.
But you still pour money into the AFL, regardless of what they are doing to society?

Seems you care enough to point fingers, but not enough to deny yourself some entertainment by not going to the footy.

Kate
Club Player

I prefer to be effective, if I believed that I had the pull to produce an empty house I would.

But, there are other more realistic ways to affect change where change is needed.

But I still haven't figured out what is YOUR beef. I'm guessing that you quite like having the odds displayed, and consider your needs to be a tad more important than others?

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

rodgerfox wrote:

Because I care.

But you still pour money into the AFL, regardless of what they are doing to society?

Seems you care enough to point fingers, but not enough to deny yourself some entertainment by not going to the footy.
Do you work for the NRL or is it Soccer. i just cant work it out at the moment.

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

So when does the pole dancing start at halftime as cb18 suggested?

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
rodgerfox
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
rodgerfox wrote:

Because I care.

You know Maccas only introduced the 'healthy choice' menu when their profits dropped?

Not because they cared about this nation's heart disease crisis, but because their pockets were hurting.
Last edited by rodgerfox on Tue 25 May 2010 7:28pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kate
Club Player

joffaboy wrote:So when does the pole dancing start at halftime as cb18 suggested?
They need to find a bigger sponser than NAB Auskick first.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

rodgerfox wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
rodgerfox wrote:

Because I care.

You know Maccas only introduced the 'healthy choice' menu when there profits dropped?

Not because they cared about this nation's heart disease crisis, but because their pockets were hurting.
Didnt pick that. You work at Maccas.

rodgerfox
Saintsational Legend

Kate wrote:
But I still haven't figured out what is YOUR beef.
I don't really have a beef.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

rodgerfox wrote:
Kate wrote:
Wouldnt it be 2 all beef patties?

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

rodgerfox wrote:
Kate wrote:
Not even with special sauce, lettuce, cheese, pickles on a sesame seed bun?

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
rodgerfox wrote:
Kate wrote:
Wouldnt it be 2 all beef patties?
:lol: beat me to it....

BakesFan
SS Life Member

Best thread in 12 months on this Forum....great banter, a bit of humour and some thoughtful points being made......... you've no idea how good it is to see you back, Kenny.

There may be hope for SS yet..... Providing the Admins get their heads out of their @rses and stop hiding the GF (which is where this thread really belong by the way)

Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people.(Eleanor Roosevelt)
rodgerfox
Saintsational Legend

BakesFan wrote:Best thread in 12 months on this Forum....great banter, a bit of humour and some thoughtful points being made......... you've no idea how good it is to see you back, Kenny.

There may be hope for SS yet..... Providing the Admins get their heads out of their @rses and stop hiding the GF (which is where this thread really belong by the way)
I did call plugger66 a **** though.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

rodgerfox wrote:
BakesFan wrote:Best thread in 12 months on this Forum....great banter, a bit of humour and some thoughtful points being made......... you've no idea how good it is to see you back, Kenny.

I did call plugger66 a **** though.
And as I said you are 100% right.

SENsei
Saintsational Legend

*** ****'* ****, *** *** *** mad!

.**

Poster formerly known as SENsaintsational. More wisdom. More knowledge. Less name.
satchmo
Saintsational Legend

saint66au wrote:
plugger66 wrote:The poor kids. Dont these poor kids have parents. It is occasionally up to parents to be parents. My Daughter goes to the footy every week and sees the ads for gambling, she sees me gambling but wouldnt waste her time on it because she has no interest. She sees me drinking but doesnt drink yet, thank goodness and watches MA rated movies on TV. Maybe we should ban everything for the poor $5 of people who are sex, gambling and alcohol addicts or maybe we parent our kids to what is right, wrong and stupid.
your.best.post.EVER :-)

Theres a certain % of people who should have had to sit a parenting exam before they had unprotected sex

They are the ones whose kids turn out to be ratbags, but blame "society" for it
I think that you've missed the point like the goal umpire in last years GF.

Gambling is thrust down our throats everywhere we go on one hand...yet there are massive govt sponsored ad campaigns warning us of the dangers. Hypocrisy?

Why do they advertise? To tempt the weak. They might be weak because they are young, or addicted, or inexperienced....doesn't matter, it's just revenue to them. Us intelligent people seldom gamble, so it's no issue to us. :P

I thought it amazing that at the time the ox came out about his gambling addiction, they were still playing the ads of him telling people to have a bet. It took over a week to get them off the air.

When I was twelve I used to sell newspapers outside the Gardenvale TAB on a Saturday night. A pretty sad sight indeed; enough to ensure that I didn't go down that path.

*Allegedly.

Bring back Lucky Burgers, and nobody gets hurt.

You can't un-fry things.

Last Post
joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

Actually it doesn't belong here. This is a football forum. More a General Forum thread, but I wouldn't go to that cesspool if I was paid.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Good time to bring up this topic again. On the way to dropping my Daughter to school this morning there were 2 ads for gambling. My daughter and he friend took no notice of them, then she heard on the news about the Saints players. They both laughed and said why does this sort of thing always happen to us. I pointed out it didnt and she replied well it seems to happen to lot of AFL players.

It made me think why are we worrying about silly gambling ads when the real role models that young kids actually listen out for and may copy seem to always have some issues. To me this just proves that it is up parents to tell their kids what is right and wrong.

Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

Yeah plugger66 the real things in life are what matters and it's up to parents and grandparents to inform our kids.

Old enough to repaint, but young enough to sell