Sandy Vs Port- Sat 8th- Reports/pics/ VIDEO

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

final score
Sandy 10.10 70
Port 25. 12 162

Well and truelly run over

Someone mentioned Irving the other week, very busy in centre in last qu
Tommy in the backline, one lovely long kick early in the game
Will wait and see on reports and free kick count, feeling was Pattison would go for 1 or 2

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
borderbarry
Saintsational Legend

Hows big Tommy Walsh going, and where are they playing him? Whoops, got ahead of myself there.
Last edited by borderbarry on Sat 08 May 2010 6:20pm, edited 1 time in total.

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

Had a look today.

This is my opinion only.

Jesse Smith. Looked pretty good for a bloke who hasn't played in 2 years.

Started down back then went onto the wing, went on the ball for a bit in the second quarter and gave Sandy a bit of drive, then was shifted out to the wing.

Only played in five minute bursts, but didn't look too bad when brought to the bench. Nice mover, good kicking action, and seems to be pretty skillful.

hopefully he pulls up OK. Played in all four quarters.

Macevoy, went OK. looked a bit out of it for the first qtr, but worked his way into the ruck, took a couple of nice grabs up forward.

Stanley, only platyed a half. Took a couple of grabs and had a run in the ruck.

Raw, raw, raw, but a good one going forward

Patterson will get a holiday from the tribunal for belting a bloke before the first ball up. Generally pretty ordinary.

Tommy Walsh. Looks better every game. Watched the setup for a while (instead of basll watching) and he seems to be able to read the game well. Skills are improving all of the time, and can kick it a country mile, and with penetrations.

Will Johnson, had a pretty poor one today, but is a nice size.

Robert Eddy tried hard, but the midfield was pretty comprehensively beaten today

Brett Peake, will be in reserves for a while.

Alaistair Smith, saw his number a bit.

Nick Heyne, seemed to struggle today.

Interested spectators near me, Leigh Fisher, Tom Lynch, Blake McGrath. Obviously the ban on thongs is gone with Lynch wearing them today.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

borderbarry wrote:Hows big Tommy Walsh going, and where are they playing him? Whoops, got ahead of myself there.
Going OK.

Playing down back and is reading the game pretty well. His skills are very good (bettter than most of Sandy today) and his kicking is very long and penetrating.

Thought he bombed it a bit into the forward line, but in one passage hit a target coming out of defence on the wing with a 50-55 metre pass.

Nice mover and is very hard to tackle. Likes to use his body and has eyes only for the ball.

Coming along nicely. Probably played six games of Aussie Rules so we should be pleased with his progress.

Jesse Smith was pretty exciting. Ready made and can play. Lets hope he pulls up fine.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
Solar
Saintsational Legend

JB

Thanks for that. What happened? The midfield sound like they were killed? Good to hear about the two smiths.

FQF
loyal in the good times and bad
In richo I trust

2013 trade/draft best ever?
Billings - future brownlow medallist Longer - future best ruck
Dunstan - future captain Eli - future cult hero
Acres - future norm smith
borderbarry
Saintsational Legend

Joffaboy, I think this would be only his 5th game. Correct if I am wrong. He has been named amongst the best in both his 3rd and 4th games. I would imagine by the halfway mark of the season, he should be knocking on the door of Senior selection.

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:Going OK.

Playing down back and is reading the game pretty well. His skills are very good (bettter than most of Sandy today) and his kicking is very long and penetrating.

Thought he bombed it a bit into the forward line, but in one passage hit a target coming out of defence on the wing with a 50-55 metre pass.

Nice mover and is very hard to tackle. Likes to use his body and has eyes only for the ball.

Coming along nicely. Probably played six games of Aussie Rules so we should be pleased with his progress.
he can really roost them, can't he. might not be too far away from getting a run in his natural role as a forward.

bigred
Saintsational Legend

bigcarl wrote:
he can really roost them, can't he. might not be too far away from getting a run in his natural role as a forward.
Good point.

dcstkfc
Saintsational Legend

Great to hear positive news about Walsh and Jesse Smith.

Others seem disappointing although Port are a good side.

Looks like they might be missing Steven a bit!

Thanks so much for the wrap Joffa.

Oh also how did Gaertner go?

STRENGTH THROUGH LOYALTY.

‎''I still get really excited, and I've got the '66 thing up on the wall in a frame … You look at it and think: one day, we want to achieve that.''- Arryn Siposs
joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

dcstkfc wrote: Oh also how did Gaertner go?
Didn't see too much of him unfortunately.

Cant comment.

Lance or James??

ace
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:Obviously the ban on thongs is gone with Lynch wearing them today.
Kinky!

The more you know, the more you know you don't know.
When I was a young child, I knew that I knew so much about so much.
Now that I am old and know so much more, I know that I know so much about so little, and so little about so much.

If you are not engaging AI actively and aggressively, you are doing it wrong.
You are not going to lose your job to AI.
You are going lose your job to somebody who uses AI.
Your company is not going to go out of business because of AI.
Your company is going to go out of business because another company used AI.
- Jensen Huang, CEO of NVIDIA
ace
Saintsational Legend

Disappointing that a mid field containing Robert Eddy, Brett Peake and Alistair Smith could be beaten by a VFL team.

The more you know, the more you know you don't know.
When I was a young child, I knew that I knew so much about so much.
Now that I am old and know so much more, I know that I know so much about so little, and so little about so much.

If you are not engaging AI actively and aggressively, you are doing it wrong.
You are not going to lose your job to AI.
You are going lose your job to somebody who uses AI.
Your company is not going to go out of business because of AI.
Your company is going to go out of business because another company used AI.
- Jensen Huang, CEO of NVIDIA
saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

dcstkfc wrote:
He was named amongst the best players.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

saintsRrising wrote:
dcstkfc wrote:
He was named amongst the best players.
so was walsh. gaertner looks a likely type also.

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

Port Melbourne defied expectations when it smashed league leader Sandringham by 92 points at TEAC Oval yesterday. After a physical start to the match, Ryan McMahon and Toby Pinwill were brilliant while Callum Sinclair led a list of 15 goalkickers with four goals in the 25.12 (162) to 10.10 (70) victory.

Brett Peake kicked two goals while David Gallagher was the best for the Zebras in their first blemish for the season.
http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/p ... -ukyw.html

some reports here
http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/showthrea ... 07&page=17

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

It's a long way from top to 5th- But % is very low due to close wins.

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Moods
Saintsational Legend

Either our depth is no where near as good as we believe, Sandy players are pathetic, or the boys refuse to play as a team. Which one is it? That is a woeful effort from a team with 12 listed AFL players playing for them. Almost defies belief, especially as there are plenty of articles being written stating the gap b/w AFL and VFL is massive. If that is the case I would expect our boys who have had plenty of seniors experience this year, (Peake and McEvoy) to do well.

Also why is Leigh Fisher playing VFL reserves? Has the club given up on him completely?

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Moods wrote:Either our depth is no where near as good as we believe, Sandy players are pathetic, or the boys refuse to play as a team. Which one is it? That is a woeful effort from a team with 12 listed AFL players playing for them. Almost defies belief, especially as there are plenty of articles being written stating the gap b/w AFL and VFL is massive. If that is the case I would expect our boys who have had plenty of seniors experience this year, (Peake and McEvoy) to do well.

Also why is Leigh Fisher playing VFL reserves? Has the club given up on him completely?
Your last answer is yes because hw was only drafted due to salary cap. As far as your other comment is concerned yes we are struggling because Sandy lack a lot of experienced guys. Who cares, most of us follow the Saints.

Milan Faletic
Saintsational Legend

Pattison not Patterson.

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/p ... 5864164169
After the match a seething Sandringham coach Andy Lovell kept his players locked up until 5.15pm.

Club sources said he told them they'd given an insipid display that embarrassed the jumper. He also accused them of turning up with the attitudes of millionaires and expecting everything to roll their way.

The visitors barely gave a whimper late in the match.

But to start it Zebras big man Adam Pattison appeared to throw a heavy-duty punch that sparked a wild few minutes. There was a bigger scrap at quarter-time and it could have easily have got out of hand as spectators made their way on to the ground. One peanut from the crowd shoved a runner.
http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/g ... 5864163980

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Moods
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
Moods wrote:Either our depth is no where near as good as we believe, Sandy players are pathetic, or the boys refuse to play as a team. Which one is it? That is a woeful effort from a team with 12 listed AFL players playing for them. Almost defies belief, especially as there are plenty of articles being written stating the gap b/w AFL and VFL is massive. If that is the case I would expect our boys who have had plenty of seniors experience this year, (Peake and McEvoy) to do well.

Your last answer is yes because hw was only drafted due to salary cap. As far as your other comment is concerned yes we are struggling because Sandy lack a lot of experienced guys. Who cares, most of us follow the Saints.
Yep fair enough. I'm glad the answer is that Sandy are hopeless, and I'm not too concerned where they finish on the ladder you're right. Just thought with over half the team being on an AFL list they would have been more competitive. Maybe I'm underating Port too much.

bergholt
Saintsational Legend

i have a feeling that it didn't help this week that stanley was restricted to playing the first half, and j smith was restricted to playing less than half of each quarter.

SENsei
Saintsational Legend

Moods wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

Yep fair enough. I'm glad the answer is that Sandy are hopeless, and I'm not too concerned where they finish on the ladder you're right. Just thought with over half the team being on an AFL list they would have been more competitive. Maybe I'm underating Port too much.
Port have a pretty good VFL team: Cory McGrath, John Baird, Adam Bentick, Shane Valenti, Toby Pinwill, Heath O'Farrell, Dylan McLaren to name just a few seasoned VFL standard players. They go okay.

Poster formerly known as SENsaintsational. More wisdom. More knowledge. Less name.
bergholt
Saintsational Legend

SENsaintsational wrote:Port have a pretty good VFL team: Cory McGrath, John Baird, Adam Bentick, Shane Valenti, Toby Pinwill, Heath O'Farrell, Dylan McLaren to name just a few seasoned VFL standard players. They go okay.
phil raymond.

SENsei
Saintsational Legend

bergholt wrote:
SENsaintsational wrote:Port have a pretty good VFL team: Cory McGrath, John Baird, Adam Bentick, Shane Valenti, Toby Pinwill, Heath O'Farrell, Dylan McLaren to name just a few seasoned VFL standard players. They go okay.
phil raymond.
Yes. Phil. Didn't include him in my list!!

Poster formerly known as SENsaintsational. More wisdom. More knowledge. Less name.