Lyon may turn to untried tall for a boost - The Age

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Solar wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Solar wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Solar wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Solar wrote:
bigcarl wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
bigcarl wrote:
bergholt wrote:yeah, i wish they'd give raph a try up forward, he really could be good up there.
agree, though i see him as a third tall rather than key position.
Sorry but I have seen nothing to suggest Raph would be any good up forward.
no need to apologise. we all have opinions :wink:
agreed, plus the poor bugger has memory lapse, can't even remember the finals in 2009.... I hope they find a good home for the old fart :)
Amazing that our coach agrees with me but I suppose what would he know.
please quote him because I have NEVER heard him mutter anything similar. But just for fun remind me whose handpass set up the winning goal in the qualifying final against the pies last year. Hell go even further and plot the areas clarke played in that second half of the final.....

:shock:
He didnt have to say anything just hardly uses him up forward. If you hanging your hat a handpass or a second half of a game it isnt a very impressive CV. By the way we beat the pies by 5 goals. Must have been some handpass. As I said I have seen nothing to suggest Raph could play consistantly good football up forward.
you said you had not seen any evidence that raph could play forward. I showed a whole half in a final where he not only played forward but lead up very well into space to create options.

Even more strange is that you assume that lyon agree's with this despite never once suggesting that raph clarke could not be used forward and in fact being the coach who used him forward.

But as I said earlier, it's not your fault, everyone gets old and forgets things. Just don't pretend that the coach agree's with your wonderful wisdom, thats just a little egocentric me thinks :wink:
I know you mightnt know much about the game but surely we have struggled up forward the last 2 weeks and if Raph could do the job surely RL would have played him there. He has tried just about anyone else. As I aid RL obviously agrees with me at the moment.
see you might think I know nothing about the game but I do know how you love to twist words. You suggested that

"Sorry but I have seen nothing to suggest Raph would be any good up forward."

I showed you a recient time where he played well up forward. Either you missed this game, have a terrible memory (age gets us all) or you believe your own rubbish.

Obviously either the coach agree's with you (and forgets the final where he put him forward) or he doesn't. Silly retort.

Completely different is the concept that lyon currently wants clarke to play as a running back then any other area of the ground. This bares out in the past 2 weeks as lyon has not played him down forward. But there is nothing to suggest that he might not do that again depending on match ups and outcomes he wants from the team.

In the end you pretend that your the "know it all" sage of the forum and yet can be found out over and over. If you want to play the man and attack ace then I will point out the flaws in your egotisitcal posts....
If you are relying on a half of footy to say that Clarke has done something to suggest he could play up forward then i stick to my comment that you know little or actually nothing about footy. You need to stop before you continue to make yourself look like a person with absolutely no knowledge of the game. There are actually people laughing at you especially the comment about me playing the man with Ace. I am pretty sure he can stick up for himself instead of a little child like you coming on here and playing the man with your first post to me on this subject.

Maybe a couple of these names will make you realise that a half or even a game or 2 of footy doesnt mean you can do the job consistently.

Steve Sziller 6 in a game. Good player but never looked like kicking 6 or even 2 again.

David Cuthbertson kicked 8 in his first game. Never looked like it again

Mark McGough Anzac Day

There are hundreds of examples and a half of footy that was pretty good by Clarke still doesnt mean he has done anything to prove to me he can play up forward.

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

Bernard Shakey wrote:
bigcarl wrote:
noob wrote:wouldn't mind recruiting a forward next year so the chance of riewoldt getting injuried we have some sort of back up :)
tommy walsh
Are you his manager?
:D No. I just think he'll be a player.

Solar
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
Solar wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Solar wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Solar wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Solar wrote:
bigcarl wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
bigcarl wrote:
bergholt wrote:yeah, i wish they'd give raph a try up forward, he really could be good up there.
agree, though i see him as a third tall rather than key position.
no need to apologise. we all have opinions :wink:
agreed, plus the poor bugger has memory lapse, can't even remember the finals in 2009.... I hope they find a good home for the old fart :)
Amazing that our coach agrees with me but I suppose what would he know.
please quote him because I have NEVER heard him mutter anything similar. But just for fun remind me whose handpass set up the winning goal in the qualifying final against the pies last year. Hell go even further and plot the areas clarke played in that second half of the final.....

:shock:
He didnt have to say anything just hardly uses him up forward. If you hanging your hat a handpass or a second half of a game it isnt a very impressive CV. By the way we beat the pies by 5 goals. Must have been some handpass. As I said I have seen nothing to suggest Raph could play consistantly good football up forward.
you said you had not seen any evidence that raph could play forward. I showed a whole half in a final where he not only played forward but lead up very well into space to create options.

Even more strange is that you assume that lyon agree's with this despite never once suggesting that raph clarke could not be used forward and in fact being the coach who used him forward.

But as I said earlier, it's not your fault, everyone gets old and forgets things. Just don't pretend that the coach agree's with your wonderful wisdom, thats just a little egocentric me thinks :wink:
I know you mightnt know much about the game but surely we have struggled up forward the last 2 weeks and if Raph could do the job surely RL would have played him there. He has tried just about anyone else. As I aid RL obviously agrees with me at the moment.
see you might think I know nothing about the game but I do know how you love to twist words. You suggested that

"Sorry but I have seen nothing to suggest Raph would be any good up forward."

I showed you a recient time where he played well up forward. Either you missed this game, have a terrible memory (age gets us all) or you believe your own rubbish.

Obviously either the coach agree's with you (and forgets the final where he put him forward) or he doesn't. Silly retort.

Completely different is the concept that lyon currently wants clarke to play as a running back then any other area of the ground. This bares out in the past 2 weeks as lyon has not played him down forward. But there is nothing to suggest that he might not do that again depending on match ups and outcomes he wants from the team.

In the end you pretend that your the "know it all" sage of the forum and yet can be found out over and over. If you want to play the man and attack ace then I will point out the flaws in your egotisitcal posts....
If you are relying on a half of footy to say that Clarke has done something to suggest he could play up forward then i stick to my comment that you know little or actually nothing about footy. You need to stop before you continue to make yourself look like a person with absolutely no knowledge of the game. There are actually people laughing at you especially the comment about me playing the man with Ace. I am pretty sure he can stick up for himself instead of a little child like you coming on here and playing the man with your first post to me on this subject.

Maybe a couple of these names will make you realise that a half or even a game or 2 of footy doesnt mean you can do the job consistently.

Steve Sziller 6 in a game. Good player but never looked like kicking 6 or even 2 again.

David Cuthbertson kicked 8 in his first game. Never looked like it again

Mark McGough Anzac Day

There are hundreds of examples and a half of footy that was pretty good by Clarke still doesnt mean he has done anything to prove to me he can play up forward.
I give up really, your a tool of the highest order. Guess what, by your estimation then pattison, macenvoy, stanley, walsh, lynch and heyne will never play forward for the saints because they have "not proven that they can play forward".....

what a sad little old man you are.

PS - who are all these people laughing at me? The voices in your head don't count.....

FQF
loyal in the good times and bad
In richo I trust

2013 trade/draft best ever?
Billings - future brownlow medallist Longer - future best ruck
Dunstan - future captain Eli - future cult hero
Acres - future norm smith
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Dont continue to embarrass yourself. Those people you mentioned havent even played. Raph has been around 8 years. If you cant see that they will continue to laugh at you.

If I am sad you are hilarious.

Solar
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:Dont continue to embarrass yourself. Those people you mentioned havent even played. Raph has been around 8 years. If you cant see that they will continue to laugh at you.

Oh yes, I can hear the laughter right now :roll:

what more can I say, he has been used forward before, some on this forum would like to see him given more time up there. Others disagree. One believes that he knows better then both these groups.

FQF
In richo I trust

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Solar wrote:
plugger66 wrote:Dont continue to embarrass yourself. Those people you mentioned havent even played. Raph has been around 8 years. If you cant see that they will continue to laugh at you.

what more can I say, he has been used forward before, some on this forum would like to see him given more time up there. Others disagree. One believes that he knows better then both these groups.
I cant see in the first post I made on the subject where I suggest I know more.

"Sorry but I have seen nothing to suggest Raph would be any good up forward.

I even said sorry. Maybe if you just treated my posts like all the others you wouldnt make such a fool of yourself and have people pissing themselves.
Last edited by plugger66 on Wed 05 May 2010 7:02pm, edited 1 time in total.

borderbarry
Saintsational Legend

I would rather Raph be given a role on the ball for a while. I think he has more to offer there.

Solar
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
Solar wrote:

I even said sorry. Maybe if you just treated my posts like all the others you wouldnt get in such bad mood over a simple post.
no you keep making up things to cover your stupid comments

You suggested that the coach agree's with you without any proof outside of not playing him forward in the past couple of weeks. This dispite evidence that he has played him forward late last year.

Then you suggest people are laughing at me.

Anymore lies you want to spin.

BTW reason why I attack your post is because it cries out "I know better then you" without backing it up with any notional argument. Sick to death of it to be honest. You are not any better then the rest of us, your just a stupid old guy who gets his jollies disagreeing for fun....

FQF
In richo I trust

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Solar wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Solar wrote:

I even said sorry. Maybe if you just treated my posts like all the others you wouldnt get in such bad mood over a simple post.
no you keep making up things to cover your stupid comments

You suggested that the coach agree's with you without any proof outside of not playing him forward in the past couple of weeks. This dispite evidence that he has played him forward late last year.

Then you suggest people are laughing at me.

Anymore lies you want to spin.

BTW reason why I attack your post is because it cries out "I know better then you" without backing it up with any notional argument. Sick to death of it to be honest. You are not any better then the rest of us, your just a stupid old guy who gets his jollies disagreeing for fun....
"

I am not better than most on here but clearly i am better than you. I suppose that wouldnt be hard though as my 3 year old goldfish has you covered. No go away and stop being a little kid who has lost his dummy.

bobmurray
Saintsational Legend

degruch wrote: OR, maybe, just maybe, Kosi will boot them into next week.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Will we pick up a player in the SSP window :?:
bobmurray
Saintsational Legend

bergholt wrote:
plugger66 wrote:Sorry but I have seen nothing to suggest Raph would be any good up forward.
neither have i. but i've also seen nothing to suggest that gwilt, s fisher or blake are any good up forward - and they've all been tried in the past two weeks.

so why not try raph as well? i reckon we lose less with him forward than with any of those other three good solid defenders.
definitely need to recruit some forwards...if there are any out there..

there can't be too many Posiadly's hoping for a break......

are there any full back's out there while we're at it...

Kate
Club Player

Observation: Interesting threads on this forum tend to get wrecked on this forum by self-important individuals who are more interested in the opportunity of having a slanging match than by the actual content of the argument.

Personally, when I see the poster is Plugger66, I know it is sadly time to go on to another thread.

Plugger66, please put away your fishing line because it is BORING for everybody else. :roll:

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Kate wrote:Observation: Interesting threads on this forum tend to get wrecked on this forum by self-important individuals who are more interested in the opportunity of having a slanging match than by the actual content of the argument.

Personally, when I see the poster is Plugger66, I know it is sadly time to go on to another thread.

Plugger66, please put away your fishing line because it is BORING for everybody else. :roll:
Thanks Kate for your kind words. By the way you will find like some other threads that I again didnt start the slanging match.

SaintTom
Club Player

plugger66 wrote:
Kate wrote:Observation: Interesting threads on this forum tend to get wrecked on this forum by self-important individuals who are more interested in the opportunity of having a slanging match than by the actual content of the argument.

Thanks Kate for your kind words. By the way you will find like some other threads that I again didnt start the slanging match.
Plugger I don't have an issue with the way you post personally, but I can see why others do. I know you don't start these slanging matches (from what I've seen) but you've surely noticed that you're involved in more of these than other posters? I don't care if you slag me off or anything, but maybe look at your posts from an outsiders position. You might not be attacking them directly, but your tone can be disparaging and very disrespectful. Just because you wouldn't be offended if you were on the receiving end of one of your posts, doesn't mean that other people won't be.

Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:

That may be the case plugger, but why do you have to quote the whole thread?

Old enough to repaint, but young enough to sell
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Bernard Shakey wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

Yes i agree with that but being computer illiterate I have no idea how to only do a bit of the quote. You will actually see in one of the posts I stop quoting because it was taking up to much room.

degruch
Saintsational Legend

bobmurray wrote:
Meh...he's done it before. Why not?

SaintTom
Club Player

degruch wrote:
bobmurray wrote:
Put Kosi up for a stint in the ruck earlier than last week (not saying that Ross' move last week wasn't spot on...) but that gets him into the game. Get his hands on it a bit, his confidence up, then throw him forward. IMO that is when you're going to get your best forward footy out of Kosi.

philip
Club Player

bigred wrote:Pattison is not the answer.
He is if the question is:

"who did the Saints recruit last year that will be lucky to play more than 5 games over a 3 year period?"

philip

Just looking forward to us having a real crack each week, and appreciating the younger talent coming through.
Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
Bernard Shakey wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

Yes i agree with that but being computer illiterate I have no idea how to only do a bit of the quote. You will actually see in one of the posts I stop quoting because it was taking up to much room.
That is the biggest lie you've ever posted.

Old enough to repaint, but young enough to sell
cowboy18
Saintsational Legend

philip wrote:

"who did the Saints recruit last year that will be lucky to play more than 5 games over a 3 year period?"

philip
I fear that there may be multiple correct answers to that question though.

bobmurray
Saintsational Legend

cowboy18 wrote:
philip wrote:

philip
I fear that there may be multiple correct answers to that question though.
yes....what is our depth really like

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

degruch wrote:
bobmurray wrote:
Meh, what he said... :wink:

saint patrick
Saintsational Legend

Bradshaw would have been handy....instead we with hindsight recruited Essendon garbage :roll:

Never take a backward step even to gain momentum.....

'It's OK to have the capabilities and abilities, but you've got to get it done." Terry Daniher 05

"We have beauty in our captain and we have a true leader in our coach. Our time will come"
Thinline.Post 09 Grand final.
Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

for the record i have been and continue to be a massive advocate of playing stanley at chf asap.

BUT

reasons saints fans like stanley

hes tall
he won the GF sprint
hes blonde (somehow fits the saints profile)
hes called rhys

and im guilty as the next guy for these. no idea whether he can play footy or not.