Official Saints Injury LIES for Round 3

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

bergholt wrote:
joffaboy wrote:Not even the medical staff know how long they will be out of action.
no comment on eddy, raph and dempster?
Raph is an emergency so I assume he is fit to play.

Are Dempster and Eddy injured?

Where is the lie?

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
Badlands
Club Player

joffaboy wrote:Not even the medical staff know how long they will be out of action.
And that's why, where they couldn't be sure, the 15 other clubs gave a date range based on their best indication:

eg.
Amon Buchanan (thumb) 4-6 weeks
Brad Dick (shoulder) 6-8 weeks
Travis Varcoe (thumb) 5-7 weeks
Daniel Motlop (hamstring) 3-5 weeks

I still don't get how wanting some indication of the injury status of players at the club you support is "self-importance". One of the more ridiculous statements i've read on this forum.

"I'm in the middle of a long conversation with my audience. It'll be a lifelong journey for both of us by the time we're done." - Bruce Springsteen.
joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

Badlands wrote: I still don't get how wanting some indication of the injury status of players at the club you support is "self-importance". One of the more ridiculous statements i've read on this forum.
Who said self importance?

The actual quote and it significantly different was an overinflated sense of self entitlement.

Like the fictitious supposed lies the club is telling, your quote is also a fantasy.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
bergholt
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:
bergholt wrote:
no comment on eddy, raph and dempster?
Raph is an emergency so I assume he is fit to play.

Are Dempster and Eddy injured?

Where is the lie?
i don't think you read the original post, surely that would be a good start to having a meaningful contribution to the thread.

i also assume raph's fit to play, because he's played the last two weeks for sandy, yet he's been on the injury list as tba for both of those weeks. why not say that he's fit?

eddy's been emergency the last two weeks and yet on the injury list as tba, which he obviously wasn't.

dempster hasn't played since round two of the nab cup and by reports on this forum has been in a moon boot, yet hasn't made an appearance on the injury list.

is that not a lie by omission? or is it incompetence?

Badlands
Club Player

joffaboy wrote:
Badlands wrote: I still don't get how wanting some indication of the injury status of players at the club you support is "self-importance". One of the more ridiculous statements i've read on this forum.
Who said self importance?

The actual quote and it significantly different was an overinflated sense of self entitlement.

Like the fictitious supposed lies the club is telling, your quote is also a fantasy.

Umm no fantasy mate. Your words - go back and have a look:
joffaboy wrote: Fair dinkum, overinflated sense of self importance and think you are entitled to know how long a player will be out.
But if you wish to retract them, be my guest.

"I'm in the middle of a long conversation with my audience. It'll be a lifelong journey for both of us by the time we're done." - Bruce Springsteen.
bergholt
Saintsational Legend

[quote="maverick"][quote="bergholt"]here's a quote from scott pendlebury on the afl website today, before teams are announced:

“Sam Fisher, an insider’s got to us, and you know we expect him to play as well, so they’re going to be a pretty full-strength side.â€

kosifantutti23
SS Hall of Fame

bergholt wrote:
i was happy for the saints to lie about chips one way or the other - though they actually weren't - and i'll be perfectly happy if he doesn't come up tomorrow night and pattison comes back in, because that COULD actually mess with the pies. but lying about c-graders doesn't disturb any opposition team even slightly. it just shows disrespect to supporters.
So not lying about a player would suggest they are a c-grader.

Isn't that showing disrespect to the player?

We should lie about them all.

Furtius Quo Rdelious
markp
Saintsational Legend

kosifantutti23 wrote:
bergholt wrote:
i was happy for the saints to lie about chips one way or the other - though they actually weren't - and i'll be perfectly happy if he doesn't come up tomorrow night and pattison comes back in, because that COULD actually mess with the pies. but lying about c-graders doesn't disturb any opposition team even slightly. it just shows disrespect to supporters.
So not lying about a player would suggest they are a c-grader.

Isn't that showing disrespect to the player?

We should lie about them all.
And how many of these 'c-graders' would be in the 22 anyway... so why give a damn?

Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

I could swear I've been hearing Pendlebury (sp?) interviewed all day on SEN stating that notwithstanding Shaw and Fraser not training, they were both fine and would be playing.
This is the same Pendlebury who claimed they had 'inside knowledge' that Fisher was going to play.

Lo and behold, the teams get read out and Shaw is nowhere to be seen!

So which piece of information from Pendlebury was the lie?
Maybe both?

maverick
Saintsational Legend

[quote="bergholt"][quote="maverick"][quote="bergholt"]here's a quote from scott pendlebury on the afl website today, before teams are announced:

“Sam Fisher, an insider’s got to us, and you know we expect him to play as well, so they’re going to be a pretty full-strength side.â€

PJ
SS Life Member

Fair enough regarding c graders
I don't think it's possible to start separating some players as being able to be accurately reported and others not. You either inform correctly or you don't - too much f*arting around.

I've never seen a bad St.Kilda player - that's just how they are.
bergholt
Saintsational Legend

PJ wrote:
Fair enough regarding c graders
I don't think it's possible to start separating some players as being able to be accurately reported and others not. You either inform correctly or you don't - too much f*arting around.
you can't separate sam fisher and tom simpkin in your head? don't be stupid.

the club pays people to communicate with us, it's not hard for them to put in ten minutes work once a week to work out what the injuries actually are and ask the footy department which ones they want to hide. but they're not even doing that at the moment.

bergholt
Saintsational Legend

markp wrote:And how many of these 'c-graders' would be in the 22 anyway... so why give a damn?
you don't care about our young players? fair enough then. but i do, so i'd like to know if tom simpkin is a realistic chance of getting enough games to be upgraded from the rookie list later this year or if he's out until august. it's hard to know that since the club hasn't even admitted that he's injured.

Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

So how does the list stck-up to the players named in the Saints, Zebras and Ressies sides?

bergholt
Saintsational Legend

Mr Magic wrote:So how does the list stck-up to the players named in the Saints, Zebras and Ressies sides?
i just wrote this in the sandy thread:

winmar (now 8 weeks out)
dempster (now 6 weeks out)
lynch (first week out)
j smith (forever out)
miles (now 4 weeks out)
simpkin (now 8 weeks out)
mcgrath (now 3 weeks out?)

which suggests that all the players "tba" on the injury list have come up except miles and jesse smith, but that there are five players not on the injury list who aren't getting a game anywhere this weekend.

Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

bergholt wrote:
Mr Magic wrote:So how does the list stck-up to the players named in the Saints, Zebras and Ressies sides?
i just wrote this in the sandy thread:

winmar (now 8 weeks out)
dempster (now 6 weeks out)
lynch (first week out)
j smith (forever out)
miles (now 4 weeks out)
simpkin (now 8 weeks out)
mcgrath (now 3 weeks out?)

which suggests that all the players "tba" on the injury list have come up except miles and jesse smith, but that there are five players not on the injury list who aren't getting a game anywhere this weekend.
Thanks.