Anyone interested in what Grant Thomas thinks?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

meher baba
Saintsational Legend

stinger wrote:
meher baba wrote:
stinger wrote:
barks4eva wrote:

some mollycoddled, recalcitrant private schoolboy who thinks the sun shines out of his own arse!
careful...your envy is showing barks.... :wink: :wink: :lol: :lol:
At some private boarding schools, you'd have trouble working out if the sun shone out of any of the boy's arses unless you could get the teachers, priests or whoever out of them first.

George W Bush's education policy: No Child Left Behind, or in the case of the Catholics, the Latin construction "No Child's Behind Left"

i find that not the least bit funny mb and more than a bit offensive......i went to a catholic school...primary and secondary.....was an alter boy even at my local church......never ever heard of any boys being molested...nor saw any indication that such events were occuring...sure...history shows that it did ...no de la salle brothers involved as far as i know.....and certainly the priests...or more correctly...ministers of religion pinged lately have been mostly c of e.....not catholic....

and anyway...wtf does this all have to do with barks envy of luke balls education....ffs... :roll: :roll: :roll:
It was just an attempt at some lame humour: bit of a slow old day out my way.

I'm not in any sense an anti-Catholic, but facts are facts. And it wasn't just the Catholics: Knox College (Presbyterian) in Sydney has turned out to be a bit of a hotbed for that sort of stuff in recent years, as was famously Shore school (Anglican) decades eariier. And don't even start me on the all-male university colleges.

FWIW, I think it doesn't matter what religion people are, it's all about putting young boys (or girls as the case may be) under the total power of largely unaccountable adult males of whom a certain proportion are going to be unscrupulous and sick. Some things seem to have made it more likely in Catholic institutions than anywhere else: eg, that one of the main qualifications for becoming a priest is a renunciation of heterosexual sex, also the culture of the church hierarchy which was inclined to deal far too leniently with offenders.

But you're right: it was gratuitous and offensive and I apologise. And at least I didn't have a go at White South Africans. :wink:

"It is useless to attempt to reason a man out of a thing he was never reasoned into."
- Jonathan Swift
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Re: Anyone interested in what Grant Thomas thinks?

markp wrote:
SainterK wrote:I am not a fan of being a trouble maker
Are you warming to it...? :wink:
:wink:

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:
markp wrote:I would also like to see it accompanied by an hour+ long heart to heart, mea culpa type interview of RL, by either Ray Martin, Barbara Walters, or Andrew Denton.
Why not all three in a panel type interview, I mean it works a tread on Footy Classified.

Good call Hutchy?

Bad call, outregeous call, deplorable call.
Well, you don't have to wait too long for such an event....provided Grant hasn't been sacked by channel 9 over the summer :)

The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

Stuff it.... I like GT :D

stinger
Saintsational Legend

meher baba wrote:
stinger wrote:
meher baba wrote:
stinger wrote:
barks4eva wrote:

some mollycoddled, recalcitrant private schoolboy who thinks the sun shines out of his own arse!
careful...your envy is showing barks.... :wink: :wink: :lol: :lol:
At some private boarding schools, you'd have trouble working out if the sun shone out of any of the boy's arses unless you could get the teachers, priests or whoever out of them first.

George W Bush's education policy: No Child Left Behind, or in the case of the Catholics, the Latin construction "No Child's Behind Left"

i find that not the least bit funny mb and more than a bit offensive......i went to a catholic school...primary and secondary.....was an alter boy even at my local church......never ever heard of any boys being molested...nor saw any indication that such events were occuring...sure...history shows that it did ...no de la salle brothers involved as far as i know.....and certainly the priests...or more correctly...ministers of religion pinged lately have been mostly c of e.....not catholic....

and anyway...wtf does this all have to do with barks envy of luke balls education....ffs... :roll: :roll: :roll:
It was just an attempt at some lame humour: bit of a slow old day out my way.

I'm not in any sense an anti-Catholic, but facts are facts. And it wasn't just the Catholics: Knox College (Presbyterian) in Sydney has turned out to be a bit of a hotbed for that sort of stuff in recent years, as was famously Shore school (Anglican) decades eariier. And don't even start me on the all-male university colleges.

FWIW, I think it doesn't matter what religion people are, it's all about putting young boys (or girls as the case may be) under the total power of largely unaccountable adult males of whom a certain proportion are going to be unscrupulous and sick. Some things seem to have made it more likely in Catholic institutions than anywhere else: eg, that one of the main qualifications for becoming a priest is a renunciation of heterosexual sex, also the culture of the church hierarchy which was inclined to deal far too leniently with offenders.

But you're right: it was gratuitous and offensive and I apologise. And at least I didn't have a go at White South Africans. :wink:

apology accepted....i go along with most of what you say anyway........

ps...re the wsa's........can't find too many pple who actually like them..... :wink: :wink: :lol: :lol:

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
ace
Saintsational Legend

Grant Thomas thinks! :shock: :shock: :shock:

Did not know that was possiblle.

The more you know, the more you know you don't know.
When I was a young child, I knew that I knew so much about so much.
Now that I am old and know so much more, I know that I know so much about so little, and so little about so much.

If you are not engaging AI actively and aggressively, you are doing it wrong.
You are not going to lose your job to AI.
You are going lose your job to somebody who uses AI.
Your company is not going to go out of business because of AI.
Your company is going to go out of business because another company used AI.
- Jensen Huang, CEO of NVIDIA
stinger
Saintsational Legend

barks4eva wrote:
stinger wrote:
SainterK wrote:
If we were to be honest, wouldn't we agree that there has been a fair share of hints and insuations coming from Luke's direction?

no...no way......luke doesn't have to justify his position to anybody ffs....he is a footballer...i presume he wants only to concentrate on the current season...and play good football...that would be what his club and his coach would want him to do also...imho..........st kilda on the other hand is answerable to it's members...and should be providing explanations...truthful ones...if it wants to keep it's members on side.....
GET REAL!

The club have already offered the explanation!

Ross Lyon and the club have already said enough, relating to the salary cap and how sometimes a players perceptions of what he thinks he is worth sometimes does not correspond with what the club offers him!

So be it, end of story!

What else do you really expect the club to say, FAIR DINKUM........unless you have your head firmly implanted up your arse,........which you no doubt have,........ this is really all that needs to be said!

You obviously want to believe the spin from Paul Connors, Mike Sheahan, Eddie McGuire, Michael Malthouse etc...etc...

to the point of labeling Lyon and Riewoldt as being disingenuous at best,

but considering you believed everything that Grant Thomas said to be gospel, it shows what an absolute clueless and gullible nuffie you really are,........ this is hardly surprising!

Ball brought all of this upon himself, leaving aside Thomas's "training services" which reduced him to half the player he once was!

Get a clue sometime soon, would make for a pleasant change!

Why don't you sign up over on the filth forum, I'm sure you'll get a lot of clueless morons agreeing with you over there!

i was a saints supporter long before you were born mate...and i will be until the day i die.....your insults are water off a ducks back...i don't really know why you bother replying...i will never accept your point of view on the world, the saints or grant thomas, so stop wasting your time...and mine...... :roll: :roll:
Last edited by stinger on Wed 03 Mar 2010 8:09pm, edited 1 time in total.

stinger
Saintsational Legend

barks4eva wrote:
stinger wrote:i think you have hit the nail on the head there mate......a truthful explanation is going to piss members off...hence the guff and fluff put out by the club...didn't work.....many, many supporters are still pissed off.....fwiw...nothing the club could say would convince me to view luke in a negative fashion...i think i know by now what happened...so do all of us really.....some just won't let themselves acknowledge it......the club f***ed up...badly...as it did with lovett.....grant knows it...and said so...gently it would seem as i believe he would be in possession of a lot of inside information.....
OH FFS, you really are an absolute idiot!

Piss off to the filth forum!

TRUTH, YOU CAN'T HANDLE THE TRUTH!

Grant knows it :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Thomas already said he does not know what went on behind closed doors and neither the **** do you, so stop slandering the club you clueless pissant!
now now......having a bad day are we....bit hot in the old dumpster eh mate..??? :wink: :wink: :lol: :lol:

...i don't accept all that the club puts out as gospel.. i can think, see and reason for myself....that's the difference between us..... don't like it tough...don't read it ffs.... :roll: :roll:

stinger
Saintsational Legend

The Fireman wrote:Stuff it.... I like GT :D

me too mate......i like nearly all of our ex coaches....blighty's the exception...... :wink: :wink: :lol: :lol:

bergsone
SS Life Member

FWIW i like GT comments on most things ,and imo he did a reasonable job with the saints

Love me or hate me for my GT comments .I couldnt care less

BET GT THINKS THE SAME

Really some do need to move on

The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

stinger wrote:

me too mate......i like nearly all of our ex coaches....blighty's the exception...... :wink: :wink: :lol: :lol:
Ditto on Blighty.
Damn I have seen so many coaches.

Gellie, Jezza, Jewell, Baldock, Bomba,Blight, Watson, GT, Lyons ...who did I miss?

satchmo
Saintsational Legend

The Fireman wrote:...who did I miss?
Patterson and GT 8-)

*Allegedly.

Bring back Lucky Burgers, and nobody gets hurt.

You can't un-fry things.

Last Post
markp
Saintsational Legend

The Fireman wrote:
stinger wrote:

Ditto on Blighty.
Damn I have seen so many coaches.

Gellie, Jezza, Jewell, Baldock, Bomba,Blight, Watson, GT, Lyons ...who did I miss?
Alves.

stinger
Saintsational Legend

how quickly we forget... :wink:

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

I want to know who this Lyons fellow is, am I perhaps to young to remember? :wink:

satchmo
Saintsational Legend

Lyons leeps tonight.

*Allegedly.

Bring back Lucky Burgers, and nobody gets hurt.

You can't un-fry things.

Last Post
saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
Armo may replace Ball now but Lovett was Ball's replacement. He had hayes as his inside player and wanted another running player because Ball couldnt do what AL wanted. No doubt Lovett was brought in to be that running player and as such Ball would not have got as many games.
And what of Peake? Is he Ball's replacement too? Must be by your logic as he is fast outside player.

Ball was dead in the water as his offensive side was and is poor. Lovett or no Lovett.

Notice how Armo was involved forward in both of our wins?

Steven will be pushing up too....as will young Smith next year.

Ball knew his time had come. On the fringe in 2009..and in 2010 most likely would have been outside of the 22.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

satchmo wrote:
Patterson and GT 8-)
said GT but totally forgot Alves.:oops: But must take into account my failing brain.

I can't remember Patterson. I was living in NT then.

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

The Fireman wrote:
satchmo wrote:
Patterson and GT 8-)
said GT but totally forgot Alves.:oops: But must take into account my failing brain.

Ah the Swamp Fox..I actually liked him as a coach.

And who could forget Ian Stewart....complete with watering hose.:wink:
He recruited from Sydney perhaps the biggest dud St Kilda has every had play senior football for us... David Windbanks :roll:
Last edited by saintsRrising on Thu 04 Mar 2010 6:14pm, edited 1 time in total.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

saintsRrising wrote:
The Fireman wrote:
satchmo wrote:
Patterson and GT 8-)

Ah the Swamp Fox..I actually liked him as a coach.

And who could forget Ian Stewart....complete with watering hose.:wink:
He recruited from Sydney perhaps the biggest did St Kilda has every had play senior football for us... David Windbanks :roll:

Windbanks will remain legendary but he certainly had a lot of company back in the bad old days. Greg Sharpe is one that readily springs to mind :lol:

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

stinger wrote:i think you have hit the nail on the head there mate......a truthful explanation is going to piss members off...hence the guff and fluff put out by the club...didn't work.....many, many supporters are still pissed off.....fwiw...nothing the club could say would convince me to view luke in a negative fashion...i think i know by now what happened...so do all of us really.....some just won't let themselves acknowledge it......the club f***ed up...badly...as it did with lovett.....grant knows it...and said so...gently it would seem as i believe he would be in possession of a lot of inside information.....
And thats fine, look Im not convinced Elvis is dead either but why not just come out and say that no matter what Ross Lyon, Nick Riewoldt or the entire St Kilda Board say you think they are liars and that the only one speaking the truth is a guy who milked the club for 200k large AFTER signing a stat dec (supposedly under duress........) stating hed received all his entitlements....

Glad I know whose side you are on....but then Ive always known.

“Yeah….nah””
Teflon
Saintsational Legend

bergsone wrote:FWIW i like GT comments on most things ,and imo he did a reasonable job with the saints

Love me or hate me for my GT comments .I couldnt care less

BET GT THINKS THE SAME

Really some do need to move on
I never get this.

Those who disagree with the spin of GT need to "move on".
Thos who agree with GT have moved on to a more enlightened place...

Righto. :roll:

“Yeah….nah””
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

So fess up, who is DB from Sydney? :lol:

St Kilda ain't that boy's club anymore
Posted by: DB, Sydney, on 3/03/2010 6:50:33

Your comments about football are about as versatile as your game plan. Everything always comes back to St Kilda with you. I've always thought that you had clear that you have a man-crush on Ball, that ludicrously over-inflated contract you put had him on speaks for itself and I'm sure that if you were still coach that he would still have a nice home at the boys-club called Moorabbin. In fact, that's you're good for in football these days, writing about what you would do if you were still coach. I'm just waiting for that annual token article that usually appears between rounds four- to-twelve, where you'll again remind everyone that Butters was a big bully and that he pushed you out, that 07, 08 and 09 were wasted seasons and you'll even add a little footnote about how St Kilda should have given Ball anything he wanted, after he plays three good game in a row for the Pies. Remember Grant, you heard it from me first.

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

Fair Spray, straight from the anti Gt text book. 8-)

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
matrix
Saintsational Legend

ok
im comfy......Image