Where do YOU rate Luke Ball ?????? !!

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Thinline
Saintsational Legend

samoht wrote:St Kilda should make a statement.

We know Ball can't run - so he'd be an easy tag for Baker who's used to chasing players up and down the field.

He wouldn't be doing much chasing with Ball as his opponent - Ball who has never been tagged would be lucky to get 10 possessions I reckon.
Run Hayes with him. Ball would get 10 sideways footpasses away, Lenny would get 3 Brownlow votes and 45 touches.

"The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break in the game. Every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches that's gonna make the f***in' difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying!'
True Blue Sainter
Club Player

samoht wrote:According to the article the Demons face a big problem - they're 10% below their salary cap limit - so they are willing to pay more than Ball is worth and some of their other players are worth to get it to 100%?

Sounds very logical to me.

In fact how logical is it that a bottom team like the Demons - full of mediocre and developing players should have to pay their players the same as the top performing star studded teams ?

That's what you call rewarding mediocrity - is that what the AFL wants ?.

The Demons salary cap limit should be set to no more than 70% of Geelong's and St kilda's based on this year's results.
That's actually a very logical point, and IMO worthy of a thread on it's own. Problem being however, is the grey area which would arise as a consequence - who/what determines the salary cap; purely performance? the AFL's discretion? An independent evaluator? I think you are on the right track though, although I can't see it being implemented in the near future. For the NBA (I'm trying to think of another elite league with a salary cap), does anybody know the minimum % a club/franchise must spend on it's cap?

The Saints are coming!
ace
Saintsational Legend

True Blue Sainter wrote:
samoht wrote:According to the article the Demons face a big problem - they're 10% below their salary cap limit - so they are willing to pay more than Ball is worth and some of their other players are worth to get it to 100%?

Sounds very logical to me.

In fact how logical is it that a bottom team like the Demons - full of mediocre and developing players should have to pay their players the same as the top performing star studded teams ?

That's what you call rewarding mediocrity - is that what the AFL wants ?.

The Demons salary cap limit should be set to no more than 70% of Geelong's and St kilda's based on this year's results.
That's actually a very logical point, and IMO worthy of a thread on it's own. Problem being however, is the grey area which would arise as a consequence - who/what determines the salary cap; purely performance? the AFL's discretion? An independent evaluator? I think you are on the right track though, although I can't see it being implemented in the near future. For the NBA (I'm trying to think of another elite league with a salary cap), does anybody know the minimum % a club/franchise must spend on it's cap?
Melbourne is way below the minimum of 92.5% of the salary cap.

They have delisted a number of higher paid experienced players and lost their highest paid in Brock McLean.

Even if they do get Luke Ball ($500,000) in the National Draft, Melbourne may still have to bring forward payments to players just to get over the minimum of 92.5% of the salary cap. :roll: :roll: :roll:

The more you know, the more you know you don't know.
When I was a young child, I knew that I knew so much about so much.
Now that I am old and know so much more, I know that I know so much about so little, and so little about so much.

If you are not engaging AI actively and aggressively, you are doing it wrong.
You are not going to lose your job to AI.
You are going lose your job to somebody who uses AI.
Your company is not going to go out of business because of AI.
Your company is going to go out of business because another company used AI.
- Jensen Huang, CEO of NVIDIA
ace
Saintsational Legend

Thinline wrote:
samoht wrote:St Kilda should make a statement.

We know Ball can't run - so he'd be an easy tag for Baker who's used to chasing players up and down the field.

He wouldn't be doing much chasing with Ball as his opponent - Ball who has never been tagged would be lucky to get 10 possessions I reckon.
Run Hayes with him. Ball would get 10 sideways footpasses away, Lenny would get 3 Brownlow votes and 45 touches.
After clearances St Kilda wont waste a player on Ball.
We know he can't run to spread, we know he can't run to chase, we know he can't run to take up station in a zone, we know his kicks can't cause damage.

We will enjoy having a lose man to cut his team to shreds.
Only please opposing coach, don't sit him on the bench, we can't exploit him there.

The more you know, the more you know you don't know.
When I was a young child, I knew that I knew so much about so much.
Now that I am old and know so much more, I know that I know so much about so little, and so little about so much.

If you are not engaging AI actively and aggressively, you are doing it wrong.
You are not going to lose your job to AI.
You are going lose your job to somebody who uses AI.
Your company is not going to go out of business because of AI.
Your company is going to go out of business because another company used AI.
- Jensen Huang, CEO of NVIDIA
sunsaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Queensland - Beautiful one day ... you know the rest

ace wrote:

We know he can't run to spread, we know he can't run to chase, we know he can't run to take up station in a zone, we know his kicks can't cause damage.

Only please opposing coach, don't sit him on the bench, we can't exploit him there.
how this hack ever got a game at the Saints beats me.
We should have been happy with any traded pick over 60, it certainly would have saved a lot of angst.

Seeya
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

sunsaint wrote:
ace wrote:

how this hack ever got a game at the Saints beats me.
We should have been happy with any traded pick over 60, it certainly would have saved a lot of angst.
Yes makes our decision not to take pick 25 or whatever it was stupid obviously in some eyes especially those who think Ball cant play. Those people should really be pissed off with the Saints.