Ross Lyon and Luke Ball - Will they work it out?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

starsign
Club Player

Not sure how it works , but if he goes into the PSD and in an effort to get to Lexus,nominates an inflated figure that the clubs with picks prior to the Filth can't/won't match , are they (Pies) then bound to pay him that figure to get him???

The other thing in all this Filth BS and their so called offer to Bally is their salary cap, when they have not lost anyone significant and have added a sizable salary to Jolly ! How could they Pay LB that much??
without delisting heaps!

Can anyone throw light on the first bit??

Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

starsign wrote:Not sure how it works , but if he goes into the PSD and in an effort to get to Lexus,nominates an inflated figure that the clubs with picks prior to the Filth can't/won't match , are they (Pies) then bound to pay him that figure to get him???

The other thing in all this Filth BS and their so called offer to Bally is thatheir Cap, when they have not lost anything significant and have added a sizable salary to Jolley ! How could they Pay LB that much??

Can anyone throw light on the first bit??
The rule was (may still be) that whatever figure is nominated is used in the Salary Cap calculation for that Club.

The Club adn player can negotiate an actual salary figure lower than that nominated, but the higher figure is what is included in teh Cap.

The problem for Collingwood is that the AFL monitors teh Salary Cap of all Clubs. Prior to the PSD all Clubs must submit a list of their player payments and the AFL then decides which Clubs can participate in teh PSD.

COllingwood would need to have whatever figure Ball nominates unused in their Cap to be allowed to take him.
I believe that Collingwood operates at 100% (or close to it) of the Salary Cap so that means for them to engineer such a deal they would need to have 8-10% of their Cap avaialable?

Melbourne and North Melbourne would for sure have that figure avaialable.

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Well, we are going to find out about Luke sooner rather than later, we can expect an announcement by this Friday...

Spinner
Saintsational Legend

SainterK wrote:Well, we are going to find out about Luke sooner rather than later, we can expect an announcement by this Friday...

Why this friday?

Is that the last day to nominate for the drafts?

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Spinner wrote:
SainterK wrote:Well, we are going to find out about Luke sooner rather than later, we can expect an announcement by this Friday...

Why this friday?

Oh my mistake, I thought we would have to delist him if he hasn't signed a new contract by Oct 31st?

Spinner
Saintsational Legend

SainterK wrote:
Spinner wrote:

Why this friday?

Oh my mistake, I thought we would have to delist him if he hasn't signed a new contract by Oct 31st?
I wasnt correcting you - I have no idea.

Is list management due on the 31st? If so, that would make sense.

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Spinner wrote:
SainterK wrote:
Spinner wrote:

Why this friday?

I wasnt correcting you - I have no idea.

Is list management due on the 31st? If so, that would make sense.
Someone will tell us :D

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

there are three list lodgement dates

this post from another thread has the dates
for some reason I heve a memory of players being delisted even after First List lodgement- not sure if current admin or previous

But In fairness to players the following dates are most relevant to give them an opportunity to nominate for the Drafts.
Tue, Nov 10, 2pm – Out of contract listed AFL primary list players draft nomination deadline

Wed, Nov 18, 2pm – Delisted primary list player draft nomination deadline

Thurs, Nov 26 - 2009 NAB AFL Draft (Docklands)

Tue, Dec 1, 2pm – Out of contract AFL primary list player draft nomination deadline,

Tue, Dec 8, 2pm – Delisted primary list player draft nomination deadline

Tue, Dec 15, 10am – NAB AFL Pre-Season Draft
http://www.saintsational.com/forum/view ... hp?t=57477 and this thread

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107