Ball for pick 62 and Nathan Brown?????

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

AnythingsPossibleSaints
SS Life Member

degruch wrote:
Richter wrote:Surely we'd have to sweeten the deal to get NB.
I'm sure Luke Ball's Wiki looks a lot more impressive.
No-one's disputing that. Ball's Wiki would also look a lot better than Nick Naitanui and Daniel Rich and Rhys Palmer, etc, but that doesn't mean we wouldn't jump at the chance to swap him for one of them. Bally's is mostly past tense and unlikely to get better, N Brown's is hopefully all ahead of him.
We're talking about a top 8 draft pick who plays key position and looks damn good. His twin brother (Mitch) who wasn't drafted as highly, is also getting big wraps at the Eagles, for his form at CHF this year.
Last edited by AnythingsPossibleSaints on Fri 09 Oct 2009 12:25pm, edited 1 time in total.

YOU GET WHAT YOU SETTLE FOR.
degruch
Saintsational Legend

AnythingsPossibleSaints wrote:
degruch wrote:
No-one's disputing that. Ball's Wiki would also look a lot better than Nick Naitanui and Daniel Rich and Rhys Palmer, etc, but that doesn't mean we wouldn't jump at the chance to swap him for one of them. Bally's is mostly past tense and unlikely to get better, N Brown's is hopefully all ahead of him.
Everyone's Wiki's are past tense... :?

Accolades mean nothing...whilst I think we over-rate Luke Ball on here, I also think he's not to be sneezed at, especially for a team like Collingwood who enjoy standing on the outside of a pack, waiting for the pill to spill out. On that basis, it's a reasonably equitable trade.

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

james rose wrote:Brown is useful for us, provides a bit of KPP depth- which we need.
brown pre broken leg. i think he is gone.

vacuous space
SS Life Member

Con Gorozidis wrote:brown pre broken leg. i think he is gone.
Wrong Nathan Brown.

Yeah nah pleasing positive
AnythingsPossibleSaints
SS Life Member

degruch wrote: Accolades mean nothing...whilst I think we over-rate Luke Ball on here, I also think he's not to be sneezed at, especially for a team like Collingwood who enjoy standing on the outside of a pack, waiting for the pill to spill out. On that basis, it's a reasonably equitable trade.
I agree that bally is not to be sneezed at, but neither is N Brown. How many kids do this in their first 3 games of AFL, especially at just 19, and especially ones as big as him, who usually take a lot longer to develop? :
"Brown made his debut for Collingwood in Round One of the 2008 against Fremantle at the Melbourne Cricket Ground in front of 45,000 fans. He immediately made impressions with speed and great defensive attributes against Matthew Pavlich, who is recognised as one of the best forwards in the game, holding him to only one goal. He would follow up immediately, playing on one of the competition's best players, Jonathan Brown of the Brisbane Lions, and Matthew Richardson of Richmond in the next fortnight, holding each to two and one goal(s) respectively."
That is an awesome start to his career and having seen him play in some of those games (and also in the under 18's) I'd be happy as Larry if we got him (unless something has happened in the meantime, or will happen, that will mean he doesn't live up to his potential). He was last year's "version" of Tate Pears at Essendon this year.
Last edited by AnythingsPossibleSaints on Fri 09 Oct 2009 12:37pm, edited 1 time in total.

YOU GET WHAT YOU SETTLE FOR.
degruch
Saintsational Legend

degruch wrote:
AnythingsPossibleSaints wrote:
degruch wrote:
Everyone's Wiki's are past tense... :?

Accolades mean nothing...whilst I think we over-rate Luke Ball on here, I also think he's not to be sneezed at, especially for a team like Collingwood who enjoy standing on the outside of a pack, waiting for the pill to spill out. On that basis, it's a reasonably equitable trade.
PS: In believing that it is an equitable trade, I am effectively stating it is bulls***...see my previous thread re: Kink, Francis, McGough, Monkhurst, etc. Rhys Shaw may have been the only half useable player ever traded by the Pies, as most ex-Collingwood players require 12 months in an iron lung to rehabilitate them from over-hype.

Batnoe

Am very happy am also happy that on big footy all the Pies fans are saying they got ripped off as they know they have no defenders after Presti hahaha

degruch
Saintsational Legend

Batnoe wrote:Am very happy am also happy that on big footy all the Pies fans are saying they got ripped off as they know they have no defenders after Presti hahaha
...exactly why I'd be surprised if it's true.

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

Paul Connors just shook his head.

Does that mean no deal or that he didn't want a Subway sandwich for lunch?

Stay tuned

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

I read that to...about Paul Connors...thought we were about to find out!

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

No deal

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
SENsei
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:Paul Connors just shook his head.

Stay tuned
.LOVE.SUBWAY

Poster formerly known as SENsaintsational. More wisdom. More knowledge. Less name.
karnak
Club Player

I feel like some Eat Fresh.

Sam Gilbert you are an EXCITEMENT MACHINE!
Thinline
Saintsational Legend

Stay tuned
That was just his response when someone said: 'How about we keep this negotiation between you and me...you know... keep the media out of it...'
Last edited by Thinline on Fri 09 Oct 2009 1:04pm, edited 1 time in total.

"The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break in the game. Every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches that's gonna make the f***in' difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying!'
saint66au
Saintsational Legend

Please...if the trade is just your thoughts..DONT post the title as fact!

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

SENsaintsational wrote:

Stay tuned
.LOVE.SUBWAY
.I.LOVE.YOU

Lance or James??

Batnoe

karnak wrote:I feel like some Eat Fresh.
no nanny

karnak
Club Player

Hey Thinline,

who is your quote referencing? would you be able to add the name at all?

Sam Gilbert you are an EXCITEMENT MACHINE!
SENsei
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:
SENsaintsational wrote:

Stay tuned
.LOVE.SUBWAY
.I.LOVE.YOU
.LOVE.YOU.MORE

Poster formerly known as SENsaintsational. More wisdom. More knowledge. Less name.
joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

OK Mick.

SEN - Paul Connors - NO DEAL
SEN - Will there be one?
Connors - MAYBE

(And i dont know why Connors was yelling)

Lance or James??

Thinline
Saintsational Legend

karnak wrote:Hey Thinline,

who is your quote referencing? would you be able to add the name at all?
It was a joke.... Connors is reknowned for airing his washing in public if he doesn''t get his way...

"The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break in the game. Every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches that's gonna make the f***in' difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying!'
Beekay
SS Life Member

the last one you can see the "To" column has St. Kilda in it, hard to make out the rest
Last edited by Beekay on Fri 09 Oct 2009 1:10pm, edited 1 time in total.

saint66au
Saintsational Legend

LOL wasnt having a go at you JB..just that ppl put trade thread titles without a ? or a "maybe"

When its 2 pages before you see it (me this morning lol) gave me a freaking kittens. I reckon Lukes worth more than that

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

Wellingham to Kangas for #21

21 to WB for Everidiot

Lance or James??

n1ck
Saintsational Legend

Beekay: Looks like Brett Peake - Fremantle - St Kilda - Round 3