B&F shows club's contempt for fans

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Milan Faletic
Saintsational Legend

HarveysDeciple wrote:There is this attitude that the players owe the fans so much.

So one night off taking photos is unnacceptable? and if you don't like the idea.........don't pay your money and don't go.

The players have been accomodating all year for fans at numerous events, they have also given you all great joy. One night of no photos........big f****** deal.
Still dying to see the final votes for the B&F.

eg roo 678
bj 676
joey 650
etc
milan 3.5

Just want to see what how the coaches ranked the players. Anyone get the tally??

Milton66
SS Life Member

GrumpyOne wrote:I work for an association governed by its members. much like a footy club. At official Association functions, my staff and I are expected to mingle with the membership, handle enquiries, all that stuff. We are paid to do that.... it's part of our job.

When I am on my own time, walking down the street, shopping centres, restaurants etc, I am still courteous to members, but ask them to make their queries during working time.

I cannot see the difference in how the players should be available. If it is an official function, they should be available. If it is in their off-duty hours, then their privacy should be respected.

Personally, I'm not the type to seek out players for autographs, photos or general chit-chat. They are just ordinary guys with particular skills, and I would talk to them if they were inclined to talk to me. Just like anyone else in the community.

But you can't take the big $$$ without the responsibility that goes with it. If they are there as part of their employment, and it is not interfereing with their primary job, they should be available.
Surely the club makes the players available more than enough times during the year to do that sort of stuff?

They are employed to play footy, not sign autographs. The rest is purely marketing IMO.

My point is that if the club wants one night to be autograph free, then it's well within it's rights.

The difference with your situation GO, is that you probably have limited functions... it's not as if members get to pop in to your office ona Tueasday arvo.. watch you work, then come up and ask for an autograph.

Hotel De Los Muertos: Your room is ready... Care to step inside?
GrumpyOne

Milton66 wrote: The difference with your situation GO, is that you probably have limited functions... .
I have a funny feeling that I should be insulted by that remark. :wink:

Milton66
SS Life Member

GrumpyOne wrote:
Milton66 wrote: The difference with your situation GO, is that you probably have limited functions... .
no, I wasnt't talking about your colostomy bag. :lol:

GrumpyOne

Milton66 wrote:
GrumpyOne wrote:
So that's what that is...... thought I had a nasty growth for a while there. :wink:

Milton66
SS Life Member

GrumpyOne wrote:
Milton66 wrote:
GrumpyOne wrote:
So that's what that is...... thought I had a nasty growth for a while there. :wink:
surely the hose and stand with wheels would have been a dead give away.

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

Milan Faletic wrote: Still dying to see the final votes for the B&F.

eg roo 678
bj 676
joey 650
etc
milan 3.5

Just want to see what how the coaches ranked the players. Anyone get the tally??
2009 Trevor Barker Award Top 10
Nick Riewoldt 642
Brendon Goddard 638
Leigh Montagna 635
Nick Dal Santo 618
Lenny Hayes 603
Clint Jones 587
Sam Fisher 531
Sam Gilbert 521
Jason Blake 487
Jason Gram 463
as far down as they go
http://www.saints.com.au/season2009/new ... fault.aspx

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107