Sen Radio overnight Nathan Brown Medical with saints

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Milton66
SS Life Member

If we didn't take BC, why take NB?

I don't think he'd be taking some one's spot, as he'd be told from the get go, that he'd have to prove himself for selection.

We need a ready made 3rd from either outside or from within over the next 2 years.

Cannot afford to wait for Lynch, Heyne and co.

And as aposter correctly stated, being up top so long, you hardly get the "cream" of youth in the draft... unless you trade for a low draft pick.

I'm all ears on Brown, Lovett and Peake.

Hotel De Los Muertos: Your room is ready... Care to step inside?
Iceman234
Saintsational Legend

Milton66 wrote:If we didn't take BC, why take NB?

I don't think he'd be taking some one's spot, as he'd be told from the get go, that he'd have to prove himself for selection.

We need a ready made 3rd from either outside or from within over the next 2 years.

Cannot afford to wait for Lynch, Heyne and co.

And as aposter correctly stated, being up top so long, you hardly get the "cream" of youth in the draft... unless you trade for a low draft pick.

I'm all ears on Brown, Lovett and Peake.
Brown would come so much cheaper than Lovett and Peake.

Cousins would have come cheap too, but he was not a good fit for us. Due diligence was done.

Nathan Brown is a good bloke at least, BC is a maggott.

Carry on.

:lol:

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

OLB wrote:
He's a shadow of his former self, his body is failing him, he's lazy and he's possibly only after one last pay cheque.
this.

Brown is different to King - Gardiner - Dempster - Schneider - Ray.

Both King and Gardiner are ruckmen who we sorely needed. Dempster can play back or forward and before his knee was looking very good. Schneider could have won us a flag if he kicks 4.1 not 2.3 and Ray was a very good pickup - young and talented.

Dawson and Begley both could have held down the FB spot.

Brown is clapped out. Would be better off looking at Lynch or Raph or Gwilt as the third forward.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
ace
Saintsational Legend

OLB wrote:Regardless of how cheap he is, no for me. We need footballers who are hungry for success, I've never seen Nathan Brown as having that mentality.
He has never had the chance to play for a serious premiership contender.
There are many older players who die for the chance, just ask Max.

My doubt is whether he can get his body reliable enough to be trusted in a grand final.

He would certainly command a little more respect from opposition coaches than Gwilt, they may even play an opponent on him.

The more you know, the more you know you don't know.
When I was a young child, I knew that I knew so much about so much.
Now that I am old and know so much more, I know that I know so much about so little, and so little about so much.

If you are not engaging AI actively and aggressively, you are doing it wrong.
You are not going to lose your job to AI.
You are going lose your job to somebody who uses AI.
Your company is not going to go out of business because of AI.
Your company is going to go out of business because another company used AI.
- Jensen Huang, CEO of NVIDIA
Milton66
SS Life Member

ace wrote:
OLB wrote:Regardless of how cheap he is, no for me. We need footballers who are hungry for success, I've never seen Nathan Brown as having that mentality.

My doubt is whether he can get his body reliable enough to be trusted in a grand final.

He would certainly command a little more respect from opposition coaches than Gwilt, they may even play an opponent on him.
Poor foll left the dogs to follow Terry Wallet. Not sure if he saw thw writing on the wall at the time with the Doggies and their lack of $$.

So don't believe that he wasn't hungry for success. After what he'd seen with the Dogs, one can assume he thought the Wallace factor would usher a golden era with the Tiges.

Maybe he does want a flag more than we realise?

As a vet, he'd give us more value than Milne. IMO only.

Richter
SS Life Member

joffaboy wrote:Brown is clapped out. Would be better off looking at Lynch or Raph or Gwilt as the third forward.
Tough call to say that he's clapped out..... you may be right though. Perhaps if it is true that he had a medical then that is what the club is doing due diligence on.

Lynch - from the sound of things a year or two away still

Raph - not a forward. Half back, or possibly a graduate to midfield like BJ, but not a forward IMO

Gwilt - depth player, has been tried for 4 years in that role and does a job, but not a lot more than that

-------------

On the other hand it would not fit in with RL's actions in trades so far i.e. too old

Hird... The unflushable one is now... just a turd...
ace
Saintsational Legend

Nathan G Brown turns 32 in February next year.

I turn 58 and I am definitely all clapped out.

The more you know, the more you know you don't know.
When I was a young child, I knew that I knew so much about so much.
Now that I am old and know so much more, I know that I know so much about so little, and so little about so much.

If you are not engaging AI actively and aggressively, you are doing it wrong.
You are not going to lose your job to AI.
You are going lose your job to somebody who uses AI.
Your company is not going to go out of business because of AI.
Your company is going to go out of business because another company used AI.
- Jensen Huang, CEO of NVIDIA
Richter
SS Life Member

ace wrote:Nathan G Brown turns 32 in February next year.
Jason Akermanis turned 32 last Feb.

Didn't he top the Bulldogs goalkicking list this year?

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

Richter wrote:

Akermanis has not had the injuries N Brown has.

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
Milton66
SS Life Member

saintbrat wrote:
Richter wrote:

Akermanis has not had the injuries N Brown has.
Nor do the Dogs have a real FF. :lol:

Richter
SS Life Member

saintbrat wrote:Akermanis has not had the injuries N Brown has.
Hence the medical? (If true)

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

maybe he was just gettinga medical where ever he could and the saints were the nearest still to have them done- - Saints reviews were held this past week :P :wink:

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
Beej
Saintsational Legend

ace wrote:

This year he looked slow and overweight. Didn't look like somebody who was doing his bit to get Richmond out of the trouble they were in.

Form and injury aside if a footballer was in the last year of his contract, you would think he could have at least got rid of the extra weight and given himself the best possible chance to win himself a new deal.

Surely if someone was desperate to prolong his career that would be the least you would expect, no?

GeorgeYoung27
Club Player

According to NB, he was carrying a similar complaint to Judd when he was at WCE. He too had it operated on late this year. Had nothing to do with his leg. He was carrying the OP all year.

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

TBH Id rather Russel Robertson(?)..FFS at least he can STILL move and bagged 5 and a few 3's this year.

Brown is absolutely lazy, doesnt tackle, soft, and looks good on the end of everyones hard work......IF that doesnt eventuate hes the kinda player you wonder where hes been hiding on the park.

NO WAY.

Hes finished IMO.

Very on himself and the fool shouldnt have left the Dogs folllowing the Tan Man.

“Yeah….nah””
Iceman234
Saintsational Legend

Teflon wrote:TBH Id rather Russel Robertson(?)..FFS at least he can STILL move and bagged 5 and a few 3's this year.

Brown is absolutely lazy, doesnt tackle, soft, and looks good on the end of everyones hard work......IF that doesnt eventuate hes the kinda player you wonder where hes been hiding on the park.

NO WAY.

Hes finished IMO.

Very on himself and the fool shouldnt have left the Dogs folllowing the Tan Man.
Still can't believe we didn't pick up BC myself. :twisted: :wink:

I reckon NB would pull his head in, train his arse off and burn for any club that would pick him up for a one-year deal, ala Stuie Dew.

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

Iceman234 wrote:
Teflon wrote:TBH Id rather Russel Robertson(?)..FFS at least he can STILL move and bagged 5 and a few 3's this year.

NO WAY.

Hes finished IMO.

I reckon NB would pull his head in, train his arse off and burn for any club that would pick him up for a one-year deal, ala Stuie Dew.
Nah no need for a goal kicking in the GF..... :roll: leave it all to Lenny hey?

Brownes a spud.

"Dew dilligence"completed.

“Yeah….nah””
vacuous space
SS Life Member

Teflon wrote:Very on himself and the fool shouldnt have left the Dogs folllowing the Tan Man.
Technically, Terry Tan followed Brown. EDIT: But Brown followed Terry out of Footscray. Got it.

He was an awesome player before his leg got Whelan'd. He's shown glimpses since then, but hasn't been able to put it together on a consistent basis. His defensive game has never been good. On that alone, I'd be surprised if we were interested.
Last edited by vacuous space on Sun 04 Oct 2009 11:22pm, edited 1 time in total.

Yeah nah pleasing positive
Iceman234
Saintsational Legend

Teflon wrote:
Iceman234 wrote:

NO WAY.

Hes finished IMO.

I

Brownes a spud.

I know you're on nightshift at the funny farm, but that post doesn't make sense teffers...

Please proof read and then re-post.

:lol: :wink:

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

Iceman234 wrote:
Teflon wrote:
Iceman234 wrote:

NO WAY.

Hes finished IMO.

I

Brownes a spud.

I know you're on nightshift at the funny farm, but that post doesn't make sense teffers...

No doubt about you Ice you can spot talent.....go for a clapped out N Browne with a rooted leg whose soft and a downhill skier on the basis of "hell try now...its his last chance....." over a definate midfield need that HAD we had GF day couldve released Goddard to a HFF and maybe jagged us a goal or two............ :lol:

Kinda ironic we now want the run, carry goal kicking ability of Burgoyne isnt it?
:roll:

“Yeah….nah””
Milton66
SS Life Member

Or could have ripped a hammy in the first quarter. :lol:

And before you get all narky, I see your point of view.

Comparing Burgoyne and Cousins is chalk and cheese.

Does anyone know the REAL reason we didn't get him?

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

NO WAY.

Hes finished IMO.

He said that he had his groins operated on after season's end, and that was what was slowing him down this year. Not sure myself...I guess I could be won over if the club decided to go in that direction?

Iceman234
Saintsational Legend

Teflon wrote:
Iceman234 wrote:
Teflon wrote:
Iceman234 wrote:

NO WAY.

Hes finished IMO.

I

Brownes a spud.

No doubt about you Ice you can spot talent.....go for a clapped out N Browne with a rooted leg whose soft and a downhill skier on the basis of "hell try now...its his last chance....." over a definate midfield need that HAD we had GF day couldve released Goddard to a HFF and maybe jagged us a goal or two............ :lol:

Kinda ironic we now want the run, carry goal kicking ability of Burgoyne isnt it?
:roll:
Please post Brown without an e before speaking to the hand...

Nathan BROWN with no "e" would come at no cost and no ICE problem. (As in Iceman not wanting him :roll: )

i.e. I wouldn't pick on him. However had we got that little turd I would have still supported him as a Saint, and wouldnt' have thrown my membership away...

BC was a drama that we didn't need, and I think you must be the last remaining supporter of him coming to the Saints.

Time to get over it teffers, he was never ours, thank God.

But Nathan Brown, if the great Ross agrees, may be of benefit... :wink:

And FFS who wants the run of Burgoyne at his over-inflated price???? Mate, we're five minutes from a flag.

saintnick12
Club Player

Haven't both Nathan Brown and Robbo been delisted by their clubs?

As neither is sought after for most clubs, couldn't they be picked up for free in the Pre Season Draft rather than trading a pick for them?

I also heard Nathan Brown being interview on SEN in GF week. He was having an operation to fix his groin problem and was not going to be able to run for about 4 weeks. He discussed with the interviewer how this might limit his chances of being drafted. He interestingly said he wanted to go on, but did not want to shop himself around so to speak.

Anyway, could be worth a try if it costs us nothing. He's very close with Nick and would know a lot already about the Saints. Could be a great move, or could fail spectacularly.

Who knows if the rumour is even true anyway. That's the most annoying thing about trade week.

Iceman234
Saintsational Legend

Milton66 wrote:Or could have ripped a hammy in the first quarter. :lol:

And before you get all narky, I see your point of view.

Comparing Burgoyne and Cousins is chalk and cheese.

Does anyone know the REAL reason we didn't get him?
I reckon I do...but ould never tell...