Fev Up for Trade - Nominates Saints

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

mightysainters
SS Hall of Fame

If price is right (trade wise) and yearly salary come on down but really in Ross and Saints we trust he knows the score....

Will be very interesting to see what Ross does here... over to you Rossy

Verdun66
SS Hall of Fame

samoht wrote:We have 1 good tall centre half forward (with a sore/chronic knee) and our other tall forward doesn't kick enough goals as a Full Forward.

Fev is a 40 -50 goal/year better FF than Kosi - let's face facts.
True.....life's harsh. But it is true.

BaysideSaint
Club Player

BelfastSaint wrote:
xander wrote:
Mr Magic wrote:I'm still not convinced he's going anywhere.

Carlton will struggle to find a Club able to take his contracted $700k salary.

I reckon when the end of trade week arrives, tehy will just announce that no trade was able to be made and he will remain a Carlton player.
I agree especially since he nominated us and the hawks, pretty much the only 2 vic teams with 2 good tall forwards.
Listening to SEN and they have not mentioned again the Saints,Hawks comment .......
that's because the ox has an absolutely absurd sense of reality.

Thinline
Saintsational Legend

Surely Ball would have to retire, and we'd lose either or both Kosi and Maguire and probably our first pick.

Sorry. The thought makes me wanna puke.

Reeks of Jezza.

"The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break in the game. Every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches that's gonna make the f***in' difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying!'
HarveysDeciple

The price needs to be right.

Maguire and a pick wouldn't be enough I dont think, but I wouldn't want to give more then that.

samoht
Saintsational Legend
Location: https://www.amazon.com.au/Fugitive-Sold ... B00EO1GCNK

Critics are over-reacting to Fev's 1 hour of folly /year.

Talk about making mountains out of mole hills.

What about his 90 plus goals/year - that's a fantastic year long effort that would be even more foolish (than Fev) to overlook.

Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

Thinline wrote: Besides we got f*** all out that other Carlton mercenary A Hamill.
Are you serious?
Sammy Hamill was a fantastic player for us whose career was tragically cut short by serious injury.
He was a beacon to our young list in terms of mental adn physical toughness.
And why was he a mercenary?
My understanding is he was offered more to play with Sydney than what we offered.
Carlton also offered to pay him what he wanted but because of Salary Cap problems could only show about 40% of his salary on the books. That coupled with John Elliot's public slagging of him made it impossible for him to remain there.

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

I'd like to know the full story, they haven't sacked him because of what we saw on TV....there must be more, and I'd like to know what that more is....

Verdun66
SS Hall of Fame

xander wrote:
samoht wrote:We have 1 good tall centre half forward (with a sore knee) and our other tall forward doesn't kick enough goals as a Full Forward.

Do you really think Fev is going to magically cause us to kick 40-50 more goals?
In a word...yes.

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

If we pay half and the cheats pay the other half for two years - fine.

then make him an environmental ambassador for Westaways trucking company. s***, the cheats can do it for Captain Gouge, why not us?

We can rehabilitate him. We have the cluture, cheats dont.

He would be an asset to us.

Roo on the Wing or CHF, Kosi CHB, Fev FF. Not a bad looking spine.

And to those prima donnas who are going to chuck in their membership - fine - do it. We dont need your type of idiotic support.

If the deal can be done, do it.
Last edited by joffaboy on Wed 30 Sep 2009 5:38pm, edited 1 time in total.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
BaysideSaint
Club Player

HarveysDeciple wrote:The price needs to be right.

Maguire and a pick wouldn't be enough I dont think, but I wouldn't want to give more then that.
Maguire + ______ + ______.

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:If we pay half and the cheats pay the other half for two years - fine.

We can rehabilitate him. We have the cluture, cheats dont.

He would be an asset to us.

Roo on the Wing or CHF, Kosi CHB, Fev FF. Not a bad looking spine.

And to those prima donnas who are going to chuck in their membership - fine - do it. We dont need your type of idiotic support.

If the deal can be done, do it.
But thats the thing, we wouldn't have that spine....we would have to give up alot IMO.

spert
Saintsational Legend

A dilemma -we have a top defence and midfield, but wont win a flag if we can't get more goals from the forwards. Fev is the leading goal kicker in the comp (and the biggest knuckle-scraper), but is also 29yo so has probably 2 years of useful AFL life left at FF and can't play any other position. I have no doubt that RL will do anything to get a flag after last weekend -anything, but is Fev worth the chance?

Thinline
Saintsational Legend

Mr Magic wrote:
Thinline wrote: Besides we got f*** all out that other Carlton mercenary A Hamill.
Are you serious?
Sammy Hamill was a fantastic player for us whose career was tragically cut short by serious injury.
My understanding is he was offered more to play with Sydney than what we offered.
Carlton also offered to pay him what he wanted but because of Salary Cap problems could only show about 40% of his salary on the books. That coupled with John Elliot's public slagging of him made it impossible for him to remain there.
I prefer my key players on the field, mate.

He may have been a nice training buddy for a few of the younguns, but seriously, he was an expensive mistake in the end.

How many games did he win us?

I loved him when he was whacking people. Problem was he didn't do it anywhere near enough becasue his body fell to bits.

In hindsight, an error.

"The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break in the game. Every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when we add up all those inches that's gonna make the f***in' difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying!'
GrumpyOne

Fev is in a three year contract with Carlton, with two years remaining.

Contract is heavily back-ended as Fev will be in veteran status next year.

Veteran status does not carry over to his new club.

Cannot see a trade occurring unless Carlton coughs up sizeable $$$ to his new club next year, and the year after, to meet his contract.

Bottom line...... you will not see Fev in any other colour than Navy Blue next year. This is just a ploy to placate Carlton's sponsors.

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

Hamill played 98 games for us. FFS :roll:

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
saint75
SS Hall of Fame

SainterK wrote:I'd like to know the full story, they haven't sacked him because of what we saw on TV....there must be more, and I'd like to know what that more is....
There was a HELL of a lot more that was filmed and went on that night than what we saw. He was told to pull his head in and if there were anymore incidents, he would go. They would look mighty stupid if they didn't act after dropping 3 players in the finals series for being late to training and then allow Fev to carry on about his captain the way he did (which was seen Australia wide)!

They have been forced to act by their sponsors, make no mistake.

Fortius Quo Fidelius
xander
Club Player

Verdun66 wrote:
xander wrote:
samoht wrote:We have 1 good tall centre half forward (with a sore knee) and our other tall forward doesn't kick enough goals as a Full Forward.

Do you really think Fev is going to magically cause us to kick 40-50 more goals?
In a word...yes.
You do realise that we still have to get the ball in there?
If we have him in the team that doesnt mean 40 extra goals come out of nowhere. There may be some improvement from the midfield forward entries and the efficiency of the forwards but if fev arrives and kicks 80 than that means milne and roo's numbers will probably drop. Carlton rely on him immensely compared to other teams which spread out their goals.

BaysideSaint
Club Player

for all the ppl who reckon fev is no good:

"you're f****** sh1t!"
- fev on judd

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

GrumpyOne wrote:Cannot see a trade occurring unless Carlton coughs up sizeable $$$ to his new club next year, and the year after, to meet his contract.

Bottom line...... you will not see Fev in any other colour than Navy Blue next year. This is just a ploy to placate Carlton's sponsors.
correct, i believe. they want him to pull his head in and want to be seen to be taking a stand on it. they know they're a better team with him in it.

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

GrumpyOne wrote:Fev is in a three year contract with Carlton, with two years remaining.

Cannot see a trade occurring unless Carlton coughs up sizeable $$$ to his new club next year, and the year after, to meet his contract.

The only club that I can see trading for him is Sydney, they have heaps of $ for him, and I think they would even give up Jesse White for him....IMO

Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

Thinline wrote:
Mr Magic wrote:
Are you serious?
I prefer my key players on the field, mate.

He may have been a nice training buddy for a few of the younguns, but seriously, he was an expensive mistake in the end.

How many games did he win us?

I loved him when he was whacking people. Problem was he didn't do it anywhere near enough becasue his body fell to bits.

In hindsight, an error.
You've obviously forgotten the first 4 years he was at the Club and chosen to only remember the last 2.

Selhurst Saint
Club Player

GrumpyOne wrote:Fev is in a three year contract with Carlton, with two years remaining.

Correct Answer. I will be surprised if any club could do a trade.

"...If there has been one recurring theme through this whole shocking mess, it has been the misguided, inflated egos and their ill-judged determination to cling to long-standing old boy friendships. The bad advice that has guided the selfish and culpable James Hird has not only punctuated this saga but symbolised it..."
spert
Saintsational Legend

Did you see how many entries into the forward 50 we had against Geelong yet kicked bugger all goals for that effort when the game should have been over at 3/4 time. A problem RL will be looking at on top of his list.

BaysideSaint
Club Player

WOOPWOOP!!!!!!!!!! 8-)