Greg Westway Nathan Burke and the board

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

matrix
Saintsational Legend

wtf?
why would i do that?

i agree its unfair but why on earth would i swap?..
hey, the systems is crap, first to admit it, but if it gives me an equal chance to get a seat as everyone it just works in my favour...i didnt decide the stupid rule

of course its unfair.
what the F*** can we do about it this year?
nothing
it is what it is

IluvHarvey
SS Life Member

matrixcutter wrote:wtf?
why would i do that?

i agree its unfair but why on earth would i swap?..
hey, the systems is crap, first to admit it, but if it gives me an equal chance to get a seat as everyone it just works in my favour...i didnt decide the stupid rule

of course its unfair.
what the F*** can we do about it this year?
nothing
it is what it is
Damn I was hoping for a swap!! lol

"It only ends once. Anything that happens before that is just progress."
matrix
Saintsational Legend

:lol:

but it is a silly system
maybe the club actually wanted it as long term sc members get priority and the ticket mobs said "too hard"

who knows
cant really see the club doing stuff to members re tickets on purpose
no members=no club

lets just pump the dogs friday!!!

St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

bigred wrote:
You have absolutely no comprehension of what the issue is.

People have paid good money over a number of years to be Social CLub Members on the basis that they were guaranteed a GF ticket if we were participating. I know people who opted out of AFL Membership to join the Social Club based on this promise.

Never, ever was there a mention of the tickets being 'standing room'. I believe that in previous years there were no 'standing room' in the competing clubs allocations. I believe that theyhave magically appeared this year when the AFL have suddnely found more tickets for the 2 competing clubs.
I reckon the AFL has hoodwinked the clubs in a similar vein to the way they hoodwinked the public when they announced that the 'Standard' seats had not increased in price. What they didn't tell the public was that they had reclassified many of the 'Standard' seats to 'Prime' and that there are far less 'Standard' seats avaialble. It's not a lie, but it's a deception.
I reckon something similar has happened with the increased allocation (from 8500? to 11500?) - the majority of the increase are Standing Room and not seats.
This is not the CLub's fault.
The CLub's fault is in not looking after the members who joined the Social CLub years ago and who now have no greater acces to GF seats than those who joined in June 2009.
No comprehension of what the issue is?

ER.....I've had a SC membership since 1980.....I'm one of the people who stick with it instead of an AFL membership.

Get a grip ffs. We are yet to make the GF.

If you honestly thought that the club could 100% guarantee you a SEAT at the GF, let alone a standing room ticket, then you are kidding yourself.

Club members ALWAYS miss out on tickets. Think yourself lucky we dont have to go to a ballot.

"Hoodwinked" ROFL.

HARDEN UP...

We have a prelim to win.
agreed bigred...

I am getting a little tired of the bitching and moaning in this forum.

Allocation for GF tickets to Social Club members has increased this year and so the Club has increased its Social Club Membership and stated that all will get TICKETS to the GF if the Saints make it to the GF.

It is out of the Clubs hands whether these tickets are standing or seats and the Club has never stated guaranteed seats.

It has been clearly stated that your order number for GF tickets will be randomised and that is out of the Clubs hands.

I am fairly sure the Geelong Social Club Members are ALL in a ballot for Grand Final tickets....

Do they acknowledge more senior social club members???

Some on here think their shyte don't stink IMO...

Have a look around at other Clubs and harden the F*** up FFS.

Some on here were bitching about not getting a seat and may have to stand FFS

Some on here need to live in the REAL world IMO.

Don't wait for the light at the end of the tunnel to appear, run down there and light the bloody thing yourself!
ausfatcat
Saintsational Legend

IluvHarvey wrote:Geelong AFAIK have no difference in their memberships all members can go into a Ballot and hope for the best. 2007 he got a seat on level 2 :shock: last year standing room.
BS

I don't really know Geelongs membership structure that well but they do have priority 1 and priority 2 memberships in regards to Grandfinal tickets. And this does mention social club members as priority one and all other members as priority 2. Maybe they don't have many social club members?

http://www.geelongcats.com.au/Portals/0 ... t_2009.pdf

But further searching I found this on their F&Q page
How do I get finals tickets/grand final ticket?

If Geelong Cats is participating in finals, members will be advised in August of ticketing arrangements and purchasing process. Should Geelong Cats be competing in the Grand Final, only Full Social Club (eligible memberships only) and September Members have guaranteed access to Grand Final tickets.

So they do have Social club tickets
Last edited by ausfatcat on Thu 17 Sep 2009 8:48pm, edited 1 time in total.

IluvHarvey
SS Life Member

matrixcutter wrote: lets just pump the dogs friday!!!
AGREED!!! :P

bigred
Saintsational Legend

People will miss out.

Foundation members will miss out.

The system sucks.

People pulling the "I'm a more important member than you" on this thread it pathetic.

And we are not even in the GF yet.

Hoodwinked.....pffft.

If we win the flag I would love to have a beer with the lot of you. And I would not care if you were a foundation member or not.

"Now the ball is loose, it gives St. Kilda a rough chance. Black. Good handpass. Voss. Schwarze now, the defender, can run and from a long way".....
IluvHarvey
SS Life Member

But i'm the most important member!!

IluvHarvey
SS Life Member

ausfatcat wrote:BS

I don't really know Geelongs membership structure that well but they do have priority 1 and priority 2 memberships in regards to Grandfinal tickets. And this does mention social club members as priority one and all other members as priority 2. Maybe they don't have many social club members?
Well i don't know how a normal Adult member got a level 2 seat in 2007 then. My Bad!

ausfatcat
Saintsational Legend

bigred wrote:Foundation members will miss out.
Not unless they choose not to accept standing room.

I know some will find it extremely difficult to stand but it is still a choice they have made.

St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

Nothing has really changed IMO.

Foundation Members were guaranteed a ticket if the Saints made the GF.

They are still guaranteed a ticket but some on here seem to want more than just a ticket to the GF.

Can someone that is a Foundation Member kindly state just what is their main gripe???

IMO you were guaranteed a ticket and you still are guaranteed a ticket, albeit it maybe standing, but the Club had only ever guaranteed a ticket in the first place.

The Club has now recognised that some Social Club Members have taken the option of "Excluding Standing" and have sent a message to all those members and offered them a chance to change their option.

The Club has done well by contacting those members and I really can't see what else they could have done to be honest.

Our last GF was in 1997 and there were no Foundation Membership back then, so what in your opinion has changed for Foundation Members today??

Don't wait for the light at the end of the tunnel to appear, run down there and light the bloody thing yourself!
oneteam
Club Player

St Fidelius wrote:Nothing has really changed IMO.

They are still guaranteed a ticket but some on here seem to want more than just a ticket to the GF.

Can someone that is a Foundation Member kindly state just what is their main gripe???

IMO you were guaranteed a ticket and you still are guaranteed a ticket, albeit it maybe standing, but the Club had only ever guaranteed a ticket in the first place.

The Club has now recognised that some Social Club Members have taken the option of "Excluding Standing" and have sent a message to all those members and offered them a chance to change their option.

The Club has done well by contacting those members and I really can't see what else they could have done to be honest.

Our last GF was in 1997 and there were no Foundation Membership back then, so what in your opinion has changed for Foundation Members today??
EXACTLY THE POINT.

WELL EXPRESSED

Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

bigred wrote: People pulling the "I'm a more important member than you" on this thread it pathetic.
What a load of utter rubbish.
Show me where anybody has stated that Foundation Members are 'more important than anyone else'?

Don't blame the rest of us if you've got an inferiority complex for some reason?

Hoodwinked.....pffft.
WHy on earth would you selectively take a comment about the AFL and attribute it to our Club?

What game are you trying to play?

All the OP stated was that he was unhappy with what has transpired after he'd been told by this current Board when he questioned them specifically on this matter.

Milton66
SS Life Member

One of my uncles ended up as foundation member...

Underneath an office building in Palermo, Sicily.

Hotel De Los Muertos: Your room is ready... Care to step inside?
St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

oneteam wrote:
St Fidelius wrote:Nothing has really changed IMO.

EXACTLY THE POINT.

WELL EXPRESSED
are you a Foundation Member??

If so thanks...

but if not that's okay anyway, I was really wanting a response from a Foundation Member to my post...

casey scorp
Club Player

matrixcutter wrote:but ill add that i think its a tad rude that i have the same amount of chances of getting a seat as someone who has been a SC member for 20 years.

long serving members MUST have priority imo
It isn't so much just a matter of being long-serving SC members, but the fact that when the FSC memberships were promoted the benefit was that the FSC category would be available for only a short time and then would be closeed off and you would then get priority over other later-joining SC members.

It seems to me that the priority has disappeared.

bigred
Saintsational Legend

Mr Magic I hope that you get a seat at the GF if we make it.

I hope that all SC members get a SEAT at the GF if we make it.

This thread is a load of bitching and whining.

We are not even in the GF.

In 1997 I stood in a line for seven hours to get a GF ticket. My Social Club membership gave me the chance to do so.

Our team is playing in a Prelim tomorrow night and I cant be arsed wasting my time on this thread, sooking about a ticket that doesnt even exist yet.

Now next week...after you actually get your ticket....spend the week whining about it.....at least you will have something to keep your mind off the game.

"Now the ball is loose, it gives St. Kilda a rough chance. Black. Good handpass. Voss. Schwarze now, the defender, can run and from a long way".....
Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

plugger66, where are you?

You said several weeks ago that most Saints members will be at the grand final. Obviously you can sort this out (oh, sorry, you've never heard of Social Club Foundation Members).

Old enough to repaint, but young enough to sell
st.byron
Saintsational Legend

Whilst we all bicker amongst ourselves about what the club should and shouldn't be doing, the real villain of the piece is the AFL, and it's just sitting back counting the money.
It still really irks me that of a 100,000 crowd, only 23% of seats are allocated to the competing clubs. The rot around GF tickets really set in when the AFL introduced AFL membership and started carving up the MCG to ensure that AFL members could get a seat at the GF. They've sucked the passion and life out of attending the event so they can make more money. End of story. As Connolly ( I think) said in today's Age, the true passionate finals experience is now in going to a prelim.

Milton66
SS Life Member

st.byron wrote:Whilst we all bicker amongst ourselves about what the club should and shouldn't be doing, the real villain of the piece is the AFL, and it's just sitting back counting the money.
It still really irks me that of a 100,000 crowd, only 23% of seats are allocated to the competing clubs. The rot around GF tickets really set in when the AFL introduced AFL membership and started carving up the MCG to ensure that AFL members could get a seat at the GF. They've sucked the passion and life out of attending the event so they can make more money. End of story. As Connolly ( I think) said in today's Age, the true passionate finals experience is now in going to a prelim.
Now that's the gospel!

Only 23% pffft. Absolute disgrace.

All these non-supporting "look at me I'm going to the grand final" tossers.

While the common folk / lifeblood of clubs miss out.

Wanna get angry? Go tell the AFL.

Hotel De Los Muertos: Your room is ready... Care to step inside?
Teflon
Saintsational Legend

Im amazed at the complete morons on this thread having a go at Saints supporters who signed as Foundation members, paid up over long periods and are now being labelled whingers???? WTF??

Lets break it down for the "dont whinge just accept you've been shafted and enjoy it..." cr@p.

The St Kilda FC - SELL a membership benefit to entice supporters to keep paying up with the promise they will receive entitlements to GF tickets BEFORE later SC members joining. THEY SELL THIS option and now these people who have paid their hard earned over long periods when many couldnt give a shyte about St Kilda are told - "bad luck, we've got some extra members, some extra bucks so that reward for loyalty we SOLD means jack shyte???"

I actually believe the FCSC membership concept was brilliant and shouldve been long term promoted by the club similar to the MCC deal and why not reward those for loyalty? - sure cap it and as places become available then add to it.

Amazed how quick some turn on their own.

“Yeah….nah””
IluvHarvey
SS Life Member

Teflon wrote:Im amazed at the complete morons on this thread having a go at Saints supporters who signed as Foundation members, paid up over long periods and are now being labelled whingers???? WTF??

Lets break it down for the "dont whinge just accept you've been shafted and enjoy it..." cr@p.

The St Kilda FC - SELL a membership benefit to entice supporters to keep paying up with the promise they will receive entitlements to GF tickets BEFORE later SC members joining. THEY SELL THIS option and now these people who have paid their hard earned over long periods when many couldnt give a shyte about St Kilda are told - "bad luck, we've got some extra members, some extra bucks so that reward for loyalty we SOLD means jack shyte???"

I actually believe the FCSC membership concept was brilliant and shouldve been long term promoted by the club similar to the MCC deal and why not reward those for loyalty? - sure cap it and as places become available then add to it.

Amazed how quick some turn on their own.
Fair enough but my point is us Foundation club members are STILL guaranteed a ticket!!

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

Acccording to the HS..

Members of the teams which qualify for the Grand Final will have access to 25,000 (12,500 per club) tickets from Sunday.

So if we win...will be interesting whether the Member (SC + ordinary)allocation stays at the 11500 or is bumped up tp 12,500.

If it stays at 11,500 where do the other 1000 go...and importantly are they 1000 seats that go "elsewhere"..or are they pro-rata-ed with the standing room and "visually impaired" seats.. also going "elswhere".

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
ausfatcat
Saintsational Legend

saintsRrising wrote:Acccording to the HS..

Members of the teams which qualify for the Grand Final will have access to 25,000 (12,500 per club) tickets from Sunday.

So if we win...will be interesting whether the Member (SC + ordinary)allocation stays at the 11500 or is bumped up tp 12,500.

If it stays at 11,500 where do the other 1000 go...and importantly are they 1000 seats that go "elsewhere"..or are they pro-rata-ed with the standing room and "visually impaired" seats.. also going "elswhere".
As discussed they goto players, family, sponsers, employees and packages see here http://www.saints.com.au/grand%20final% ... fault.aspx . This EXTRA 1000 is the saints allocation regardless wether they are in it or not. It's not a extra 1000 club members allocation (which the 11,500 is)

BackFromUSA
Saintsational Legend

[quote="saintsRrising"]

But when Foundation SC was promoted it was on the basis that you would get preference over SC Members who joined up in later years.

NO..as far as I recall it was not promoted as guaranteed seats...BUT as stated you were promised preference to SC who joined in later years.

[quote]

This is the heart of the issue.

I can promise the club that if i dont get my 5 seats for my family, then that will be 5 foundation social club memberships that will never be renewed. My 73 year old father, my 71 year old mother and my 4 year old son are not disabled but standing room is NOT going to work for them.

I am one who relied on this promise under the Butterss administration.

We have been social club member continuously since the move to Waverley, but when Foundation Social Club membership was created I swore that we would never give it up. I was living overseas for 5 of these years AND I paid up every year based on the promise made in terms of Grand Final priority over future social club members. This promise has been broken. If I get standing room and some johnny come lately social club member who joined in May / June gets seats, I shall hit the roof.

I have been a standard paid up member for 38 years and my father has been a member for 53 years. We have been members so long our membership numbers only have 3 digits. We had reserved seats at Moorabbin, Waverley and have level 1 seats at the Dome since day 1.

We shall continue to be members and seat holders BUT social club membership is no longer a high priority for me unless our Foundation right is reinstated.

Unless they rectify this and reinstate in 2010 the Foundation Social Club membership right of priority over more recent Social Club members, then 5 social club memberships will be gone from the coffers every year from here on in. I just cant see any benefit anymore to paying it each year.

This will be ongoing lost revenue for the club.

And I am sure I am NOT the only Foundation Member that feels that way.

I would rather buy the $750 or $1000 tickets for the Grand Finals we play in rather than pay $600+ a year for the 5 social club memberships.

The club may have gained 3000 one year wonder social club memberships on this cash in, but i bet they lose them next year or the year after AND will have lost Foundation Social Club members like usforever.

And having had some experience with Ticketmaster working as a consultant they DEFINITELY could have had multi level random draws:

1) Foundation Social Club Members
2) Social Club Members
3) September Saints

This would have been easy for Ticketmaster to program when the "build" the event, if the club had asked the AFL to get Ticketmaster to do it.

AwayInUSA no longer ... have based myself back in Melbourne for a decade of Saintsational Success (with regular trips back to the USA)

"Saintsational Player Sponsor 2007 - 2018"