Rocca in for Colilngwood

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
benengel14 wrote:Pies In: Leigh Brown, Scott Pendlebury, Anthony Rocca, Steele Sidebottom Out: Brad Dick, Tyson Goldsack, Wellingham, Wood (all omitted)
The pies have gone for experience and big bodies. i thought that would have been one of our stregths. Evens it up a bit. Looks like Rocca will play as a second ruckman and not a forward unless Leigh Brown does that job.
But if Leigh Brown goes into the ruck then they're short 1 tall in defence.
Presti either plays on Kosi or Nick (I hope so) adn then they would need to use Brown on the other.

Maxwell doesn't normally play on a KP Forward.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Mr Magic wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
benengel14 wrote:Pies In: Leigh Brown, Scott Pendlebury, Anthony Rocca, Steele Sidebottom Out: Brad Dick, Tyson Goldsack, Wellingham, Wood (all omitted)
The pies have gone for experience and big bodies. i thought that would have been one of our stregths. Evens it up a bit. Looks like Rocca will play as a second ruckman and not a forward unless Leigh Brown does that job.
Presti either plays on Kosi or Nick (I hope so) adn then they would need to use Brown on the other.

Yep you are right. Rocca will be the second ruckman then.

iwantmeseats
SS Life Member

Rocca will be nice and easy to run off. Will work a treat, unless we turn it over and caught going the other way.

satchmo
Saintsational Legend

Johnny Utah wrote:Has kicked more goals than any St Kilda player in a GF in 43 yers. :lol:
When the fat ape kicks a goal against us in a GF we'll be worried. Until then we will just laugh at his lack of personal hygiene. :lol:

*Allegedly.

Bring back Lucky Burgers, and nobody gets hurt.

You can't un-fry things.

Last Post
sainter35
Club Player

Mr Magic wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

Harry O

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

sainter35 wrote:
Mr Magic wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

Harry O
He will play on Milne or Schneider not a tall like Rooy or Kosi.

35...LEGEND
Club Player

sainter35 wrote:
Mr Magic wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

Harry O

Harry usually takes milney i think....... think they have issues down Back and in Ruck.

Milney or Schneids to go BERKO !!!

SaintHomer
Club Player

beware of overconfidence saintsationalists. i remember a similar type rant going into the prelim against sydney in 05

perfectionist
Saintsational Legend

SaintHomer wrote:beware of overconfidence saintsationalists. i remember a similar type rant going into the prelim against sydney in 05
Good reminder. Certainly none from me. They are well coached and, if not harassed and tackled (as we did in Round 7), they can use the ball extremely well. Once they get their tails up they are a difficult side to stop.

ace
Saintsational Legend

Play Rocca him in the wind and the rain, we dare you Malthouse. :D

Who do you think you are kidding.
Weren't you in Dad's army Malthouse.

The more you know, the more you know you don't know.
When I was a young child, I knew that I knew so much about so much.
Now that I am old and know so much more, I know that I know so much about so little, and so little about so much.

If you are not engaging AI actively and aggressively, you are doing it wrong.
You are not going to lose your job to AI.
You are going lose your job to somebody who uses AI.
Your company is not going to go out of business because of AI.
Your company is going to go out of business because another company used AI.
- Jensen Huang, CEO of NVIDIA
ace
Saintsational Legend

Don't forget to give Rocca an EPIRB. He is likely to go missing before the game.

The more you know, the more you know you don't know.
When I was a young child, I knew that I knew so much about so much.
Now that I am old and know so much more, I know that I know so much about so little, and so little about so much.

If you are not engaging AI actively and aggressively, you are doing it wrong.
You are not going to lose your job to AI.
You are going lose your job to somebody who uses AI.
Your company is not going to go out of business because of AI.
Your company is going to go out of business because another company used AI.
- Jensen Huang, CEO of NVIDIA
3rd generation saint
Saintsational Legend

Rocca in is Malthouse's first big mistake, and also show's to me Malthouse's worry that the filth do not have a key forward in the finals.
Zac will run off him, hell even Steven King will run off him.

Except for the sanity nothing much has been lost.
reincarnated

Reincarnated hopes that Rocca does not kick a bag otherwise all these posts and posters will be made to look silly

Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

reincarnated wrote:Reincarnated hopes that Rocca does not kick a bag otherwise all these posts and posters will be made to look silly
reincarnated always looks silly.

Old enough to repaint, but young enough to sell
Ghost Like
Saintsational Legend

Just saw some of the vision of Rocca training yesterday...not a hope in hell will he play. Depending on weather, Brad Dick or Cameron Wood will come in to replace him. I think this is just a little game by Malthouse to see whether we upset our structure by bringing in another tall defender (Max) to combat him and then get caught short for run and rotations.

But I've been wrong before. let's hope I am again.

reincarnated

Bernard Shakey wrote:
reincarnated wrote:Reincarnated hopes that Rocca does not kick a bag otherwise all these posts and posters will be made to look silly
reincarnated always looks silly.
The initials of your username sum you up

Reincarnated can be a clever dick too you know

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Nathan Buckley alluded that the reasoning behind the selection, was the damage North going tall with Drew Petrie had on our defence....

Ghost Like
Saintsational Legend

ohwhenthesaints! wrote:Nathan Buckley alluded that the reasoning behind the selection, was the damage North going tall with Drew Petrie had on our defence....
I heard that. I think Nathan's started his assistant's role early, more smoke and mirrors. Big difference is that Petrie's shown some reasonable form in 2009.

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Ghost Like wrote:
ohwhenthesaints! wrote:Nathan Buckley alluded that the reasoning behind the selection, was the damage North going tall with Drew Petrie had on our defence....
I heard that. I think Nathan's started his assistant's role early, more smoke and mirrors. Big difference is that Petrie's shown some reasonable form in 2009.
I don't understand the smokes and mirrors here? We can beat Collingwood with or without Rocca?

satchmo
Saintsational Legend

They want Max to play.

Rocca averaging 2 goals a game in the vfl. Looks slow and unfit. Pray they play him!

*Allegedly.

Bring back Lucky Burgers, and nobody gets hurt.

You can't un-fry things.

Last Post
Ghost Like
Saintsational Legend

ohwhenthesaints! wrote:
Ghost Like wrote:
I don't understand the smokes and mirrors here? We can beat Collingwood with or without Rocca?
I agree but I think Collingwood hope we'll load up with an extra big defender.

Iceman234
Saintsational Legend

Ghost Like wrote:
ohwhenthesaints! wrote:
Ghost Like wrote:
True, but surely they'd know that if Max is fit enough to play, then he is good enough to take a tall or a small...and I'd hope he doesn't play unless 100% fit.

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Ghost Like wrote:
ohwhenthesaints! wrote:
Ghost Like wrote:
And this sums up entirely why Ross prefers Zac....

The OtherThommo
Saintsational Legend

Somebody mentioned playing Rocca because North went tall and Petrie did well. Oh, how I hope they react to what they saw in our last month.

That's exactly what Ross the Boss wants these pickles to do - believe what they saw after we put the H&A season to bed.

Jesus, I can't believe Malted Milkhouse would buy it. Lyon changed our structure in the last month, he gave nobody anything to work with. Our work was done a month out, surely that won't elicit a tactical response!?!?

I can only hope. Anthony Rocca? Please, yes, oh please. With Anthony and Cloke? Grand, simply grand.

'I have no new illusions, and I have no old illusions' - Vladimir Putin, Geneva, June 2021
Iceman234
Saintsational Legend

Well you would imagine now it's Rocca or Wellingham, he's the emergency not playing in their VFL side today.