13 years, 9th longest player EVER, last year, ROSS?????

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

rodgerfox
Saintsational Legend

Milton66 wrote:
rodgerfox wrote:
BringBackMadDog wrote:
Mate you really are a silly old Twat. Dawson has hardly missed a target all year, his kicking efficiency is one of the highest in the competition. He has played full back all year in a side that has had the lowest score kicked against it for 40 years, but apparently he hasnt won a one on one contest all season.

Get a Clue
Firstly, if dinky little 20m sideways and backwards hospital passes are the sign a great kick, then sure - he's up there with the best.

Secondly, although I never said he hasn't won a one-on-one contest all season, you're infact probably right. I don't think he would have won one all year.

But that's not really his job. His job is not to get beaten. But when our midfield wasn't protecting him, he struggled significantly in contests when he's on his own.
I'd suggest that most defenders will get beaten 1-out if the mids lack presence and the ball enters defensive 50 quickly. Even Max.
Max doesn't. If he does, it's an exception.

That's why so many people belive he should be playing.

That's why he's considered the best in the business by most of the forwards in the game today.

SydneySainter
SS Hall of Fame

Re: 13 years, 9th longest player EVER, last year, ROSS?????

12345 wrote:It is absolutely disgusting how Max Hudghton has been dropped from the side. He will probably retire this year as the 9th longest player for the Saints with no match send off, no thank you, no nothing.
I could not help but feel for him, watching the 3 Melbourne players get their dignified send off last week. If Ross wasn't going to play him, give him what he deserves, and let him know his time was appreciated. It is apparent that Max will not play. The whole hamstring injury was false - just to stop the press asking questions. He was sent for a scan when the game was on, Sunday 2 weeks ago to stop him being at the game and noticeably looking fit. Who goes for a scan on a Sunday?
He is the heart of the team. The saints have little chance finding that "Team" spirit with out him. Richo, Fev and the press have all said they are crazy not to play him - I agree.
So we will watch a great player, person and club life member walk away hurt, resenting the club and wondering why he played on for the coach who begged him to stay - only to loose everything. Max is great, give him the send off his 13 years and 234 games deserves!
Don't lose faith! Have faith that the club will make what they feel is the best decision for the club and the chances of winning a premiership.

How many Cats fans thought King was gone? Their previous caption, best and fairest and All-Australian captain, looks like the best he was going to get was taken around Skilled Stadium in the back of a ute come next season. But for a ruck who wasn't the best option at the start of the finals became the best option for the last day in September.

What's best for the team changes quickly in football.

Zac has earned his spot this year. But now he will be made to earn it again as a new season has commenced!

Bad management is bad management
Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

Milton66 wrote:
rodgerfox wrote:
BringBackMadDog wrote:
Mate you really are a silly old Twat. Dawson has hardly missed a target all year, his kicking efficiency is one of the highest in the competition. He has played full back all year in a side that has had the lowest score kicked against it for 40 years, but apparently he hasnt won a one on one contest all season.

Get a Clue
Firstly, if dinky little 20m sideways and backwards hospital passes are the sign a great kick, then sure - he's up there with the best.

Secondly, although I never said he hasn't won a one-on-one contest all season, you're infact probably right. I don't think he would have won one all year.

But that's not really his job. His job is not to get beaten. But when our midfield wasn't protecting him, he struggled significantly in contests when he's on his own.
I'd suggest that most defenders will get beaten 1-out if the mids lack presence and the ball enters defensive 50 quickly. Even Max.
I'm not sure why you're debating this at all Milton. Rodge doesn't give a damn about whether it's Zac/Max playing.

This is just another attempt on his part to have a go at Lyon.
The 'wily old fox' has just managed to camouflage his tiresome attempts at denigrating our Coach a little differnetly to his other attempts in the hope that most on here won't see his posts for what they really are. Please remember that he stated he knew within 3 months that Lyon was no good and that was before we'd even played an intra-club practice match. (cue accusations of 'lying')

But hey we've had a magnificent season so far - so good that RodgerStool has been absenting himself from the forum for much of it because even he knew that his anti-RL crap wouldn't be acceptable.

The only interest left is to see just how many different ways he can 'dress up' the same old boring crap?

rodgerfox
Saintsational Legend

Mr Magic wrote:Please remember that he stated he knew within 3 months that Lyon was no good and that was before we'd even played an intra-club practice match. (cue accusations of 'lying')
Why state something that is completely untrue?

Why would you chime into a reasonable discussion about footy with a lie as blatant as the one above?

matrix
Saintsational Legend

<< places small bag of corn kernels in the microwave

Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

rodgerfox wrote:
Mr Magic wrote:Please remember that he stated he knew within 3 months that Lyon was no good and that was before we'd even played an intra-club practice match. (cue accusations of 'lying')
Why state something that is completely untrue?

Why would you chime into a reasonable discussion about footy with a lie as blatant as the one above?
Ah, the normal retort of rodge when he is exposed once again.

You know what you posted.
Everybody who read it knows what you posted.
And yet you continually attempt to deny that you posted it.

Keep going with your childish games.

Most posters with a skerrick of intelligence know what you're on about.
No matter how many times you try to camouflage it - it's always the same old boring game.

Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

matrixcutter wrote:<< places small bag of corn kernels in the microwave
Nah, I'm done with him. Let others enjoy the same old boring bs crapola that he tries to peddle on here.

matrix
Saintsational Legend

:(
what a waste of bloody popcorn
oh well, guess its lunch time
:)

go sainters

rodgerfox
Saintsational Legend

Mr Magic wrote:
I would have thought that it would be the normal retort from anyone who had just read something that was a complete lie.

A complete and utter false statement.

Mr Magic wrote:
I know precisely what I posted. And I stand by it 100%.

I did not however, post anything at all like what you posted above. I never, ever said that I knew within the first 3 months that Lyon was no good.

I never said that at all. That is a lie. A blatant lie.

You should apologise, if you were half a man, for making a false statement like that.
Mr Magic wrote:

No matter how many times you try to camouflage it - it's always the same old boring game.
Feel free to butt out then.

I can continue to have a chat about the footy with other people who aren't wearing tin foil hats and writing letters to the government about how some evil guy called RodgerFox is trying to take over the world.

SydneySainter
SS Hall of Fame

FOR F**K SAKE PEOPLE! STRENGTH THROUGH LOYALTY! REMEMBER THOSE WORDS?

Being in Sydney, local footy followers are few and fare between, thus I have only had the chance to speak to several Pie followers. Strangely, they don't seem to be all that confident and haven't resorted to all the big talk, yet! Mind games maybe, I don't know. But one thing they did tell me would be in their favor and frankly, I agree, is the crowd factor! The G will be flocked with legions of black and white imps, chanting and cheering and the numbers of black and white will almost certainly out-weigh the red, white and black.

A few days before one of the biggest finals of our life, we can't resort bickering and arguments where no one will win. Max and Ball, I want them back to, but I'm not on the coaching panel and I'm not paid to make those decisions and their f**king tough ones. All I can do is have faith!

Heck, everyone's entitled to their opinion and I'm as guilty as next person for getting emotional and questioning the clubs direction, but our club needs us! Our boy's need us. I envy each and everyone one of you that will be at the game, as I'm working sunday morning and I can't get to the game. Our clubs needs us, more than ever now! They need our strength, our passion, our loyalty, our pride and most all, our FAITH!

IF THIS REALLY IS TO BE OUR YEAR, LET'S UNITE US ONE!

CARN YOU F**KING SAINTERS!

Bad management is bad management
Stillwaiting
Saintsational Legend

matrixcutter wrote::(

go sainters
you seem to have a very high regard for popcorn :D

I love this club
Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

rodgerfox wrote:
Mr Magic wrote:
I would have thought that it would be the normal retort from anyone who had just read something that was a complete lie.

Mr Magic wrote:

I did not however, post anything at all like what you posted above. I never, ever said that I knew within the first 3 months that Lyon was no good.

You should apologise, if you were half a man, for making a false statement like that.
Mr Magic wrote:

I can continue to have a chat about the footy with other people who aren't wearing tin foil hats and writing letters to the government about how some evil guy called RodgerFox is trying to take over the world.
The day I apologise to the biggest lying shyte stirrer on Saintsational will be the day that hell freezes over.

You can twist it, camouflage it, deny it, ignore it or do anything else you want to.
It doesn't change the facts of what you post - and the only liar on here at the moment is you rodgerStool.

In case you missed it rodger

THE ONLY LIAR ON HERE IS YOU!!!!
The funny thing is that most posters know it. It's hilarious to see you squirming with false bravado trying to deny the very truths that are being posted.

Simply breathtaking cheek from you. But then again, should we really expect more from you. After all we're only supporters and we know what you think of supporters don't we?

What an absolute flog you are. :roll:

Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

go sainters
Put the popcorn back on! :D

I've changed my mind.

I believe theis thread was started by a troll and all it's done is give rodgerStool an ooportunity to spread his bs crap again so I'l be happy to continue the fight until it gets locked by a mod.

Milton66
SS Life Member

Mr Magic wrote:

go sainters
Put the popcorn back on! :D

I've changed my mind.

I believe theis thread was started by a troll and all it's done is give rodgerStool an ooportunity to spread his bs crap again so I'l be happy to continue the fight until it gets locked by a mod.
extra bag for me please. :lol:

Hotel De Los Muertos: Your room is ready... Care to step inside?
rodgerfox
Saintsational Legend

Mr Magic wrote:
rodgerfox wrote:
Mr Magic wrote:

Mr Magic wrote:

Mr Magic wrote:

The day I apologise to the biggest lying shyte stirrer on Saintsational will be the day that hell freezes over.
I didn't think you were half a man.

Mr Magic wrote: You can twist it, camouflage it, deny it, ignore it or do anything else you want to.
It doesn't change the facts of what you post - and the only liar on here at the moment is you rodgerStool.
The facts of wat I wrote were incredibly clear.

No twisting, camouflaging, denying, ignoring or anything.

The facts of what I wrote were very clear.

Are you honestly saying that I said that I knew within 3 months that Lyon was no good?

Is that what you're saying?

If it is, I await with baited breath a sincere apology for your lies.

Surely there is a Forum Rule about lying. I know there is one about personal abuse.

matrix
Saintsational Legend

Milton66
SS Life Member

rodgerfox wrote:
Mr Magic wrote:
rodgerfox wrote:
Mr Magic wrote:

Mr Magic wrote:

Mr Magic wrote:

Mr Magic wrote: You can twist it, camouflage it, deny it, ignore it or do anything else you want to.

Are you honestly saying that I said that I knew within 3 months that Lyon was no good?

Surely there is a Forum Rule about lying. I know there is one about personal abuse.
Perhaps you can avail us of the specific quote in order to put the matter to rest. I seem to recall something whereby you stated that you came to the conclusion that RL was not a good coach after 3 months into his tenure.

Much discussion and ridicule followed given that 3 months in was still part of the preseason.

You could also enlighten us as to RL's poor decisions that also referred to a while back.

This would save us all the abuse and fighting that goes on.

Hotel De Los Muertos: Your room is ready... Care to step inside?
rodgerfox
Saintsational Legend

matrixcutter wrote:Image
There's not much to see here to be honest.

Standard wrecking of a decent discussion by a bored octogenarian with a severe case of man-love for RodgerFox.

Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

rodgerfox wrote:
Mr Magic wrote:
rodgerfox wrote:
Mr Magic wrote:

Mr Magic wrote:

Mr Magic wrote:

Don't hold your breath waiting rodgerStool.

The Saintsational expert on lying.

Complaining about personal abuse when he called supporters cretins and morons.
(Cue for the obligatory repsonse denying it and accusing me of lying!)

Is there a mod somewhere out there that is ready to lock this yet, so rodgerStool can infect some other thread with his camouflaged boring anti-RL bs crap?

matrix
Saintsational Legend

if theres any man love going on im outta here

"not that theres anything wrong with that"

Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

Milton66 wrote: Perhaps you can avail us of the specific quote in order to put the matter to rest. I seem to recall something whereby you stated that you came to the conclusion that RL was not a good coach after 3 months into his tenure.

Much discussion and ridicule followed given that 3 months in was still part of the preseason.

You could also enlighten us as to RL's poor decisions that also referred to a while back.

WHat odds that he doesn't? :)

matrix
Saintsational Legend

Mr Magic wrote:
Milton66 wrote: Perhaps you can avail us of the specific quote in order to put the matter to rest. I seem to recall something whereby you stated that you came to the conclusion that RL was not a good coach after 3 months into his tenure.

then pretty much disappeared while we won nearly every game

Sobraz
SS Life Member

rodgerfox wrote:Max, though is an interesting debate. There doesn't appear to be anything that Dawson does, that Max doesn't do better.
For someone that puts so much time and analysis into game, this statement proves you clearly havent watched the saints in a long, lonnngggg time.... no clue whatsoever....

rodgerfox
Saintsational Legend

Well at least you have the decency to ask the question, as opposed to posting blatant lies about other posters.

What I said, was that I was a strong, even staunch supporter of Lyon when he was appointed.

During our first practice match, I was a bit concerned about the style of play that it seemed clear, he was going to implement onto our team.

I never aired these concerns. It wasn't a big deal.

3 months into the season, my concerns re the game plan and style were quite strong. It wasn't working, as I had had believed it wouldn't after that first praccy.

Again, I never aired these concerns, and on here publicly, supported Ross Lyon.

Last year, obviously I began to speak 'publicly' about my thoughts in relation to Lyon's coaching and where it was falling down.

That was it simple. Clear as day.

Milton66 wrote: Much discussion and ridicule followed given that 3 months in was still part of the preseason.
Much of the discussion and ridicule came for 2 reasons - people don't bother to read what I write, and people simply like to argue with me.

Milton66 wrote: You could also enlighten us as to RL's poor decisions that also referred to a while back.
I didn't say Lyon made poor decisions. I said that until we have injuries and things don't go our way, we won't know what (if any) mistakes Lyon has made.

Simply put, with a full list of fit superstar footballer, you don't see any cracks.

Milton66 wrote: This would save us all the abuse and fighting that goes on.
It would probably be easier for people to read posts properly, and even butt out of threads where they have no intentin other than to abuse me and/or hijack a thread.

rodgerfox
Saintsational Legend

matrixcutter wrote:
Mr Magic wrote:

then pretty much disappeared while we won nearly every game
That's not entirely accurate.

I think I've been pretty steady in my posting, apart from when I was out of the country.

It's just that people get a bit antsy when we lose or look wobbly, and tend to take it out on me.

When we were winning, people seemed to find my posts far less sinister.