Would you pay $1300.00 plus to see a saints GF

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

matrix
Saintsational Legend

youll also need around $2000 for premiership memorabilia...hopefully
framed print
cap
tshirt
tattoo
lol

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Bernard Shakey wrote:plugger66, you must be on something illegal to suggest that 22,000 Saints members will be at the granny, when we make it.

11,500 Social club member qualify.

You are suggesting that 10,500 AFL and MCC full members are also St Kilda Footboll Club members.

Who's you dealer?
No that will be about 8000-9000 with people who are members of the AFL and MCC but especially AFL giving tickets to friends who are Saints supporters plus about 3000 who will buy packages so I stand by those figures.

Moccha
Saintsational Legend

Yep, but only if they won

Another opportunity awaits!
reincarnated

Just be like Reincarnated and get free tickets

pluggernaut
Club Player

Tell me Reincarnated - how do I get these free tickets??

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

saints - as of early this am- had $1300 tickets to brunch function

and anew Lunch at th G;
In 2009, the St Kilda Football Club will be offering the following Toyota AFL Grand Final packages:

MCG Grand Final Lunch – Ponsford Lounge, MCG
For the first time, the St Kilda Football Club will host a premium Grand Final function at the home of football – the MCG. Hosted by former Saints star Michael Roberts and located in the luxurious Ponsford Lounge, this unique pre-match function experience combines the finest in-ground hospitality with premium viewing seats for the Grand Final.

Cost: Premium ticket – Premium Ticket - $1895 inc. GST
** Limited tickets remain

Grand Final Brunch – Park Hyatt Ballroom, Melbourne
This September, the St Kilda Football Club will hold a premium Grand Final Brunch at the prestigious Park Hyatt Ballroom. Located only a short stroll away from the MCG, this event is the perfect way to kick-off your day before heading across to the big game.

Cost: Prime ticket – Sold Out
Standard ticket – $1350 per head (inc. GST)
** Limited tickets remain

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
St Michele
Club Player

Re: Would you pay $1300.00 plus to see a saints GF

Cairnsman wrote:I'm about to pay a minimum of $1300.00 for a GF ticket. This is the cheapest you can get a ticket for without being some sort of member. They can go as high as 3k depending on the package you buy.

Just wondering how much other Saints supporters would be willing to pay that don’t have access to GF tickets through their membership entitlement.

I think I might be joining you but I am not interested in going to the breakfast I wish we had the choice of the breakfast or an after party :lol: :lol:

Michele
Goals are dreams with deadlines!!
St Michele
Club Player

ohwhenthesaints! wrote:You could always try your luck at winning some....
I have entered every competition I can but still no ticket sooo things are not looking good not much point coming across from Perth asnd not actually seeing the game :(

Michele
mbogo
SS Hall of Fame

I have only been a normal member and only since about 1978 when I came to Melb.
Pity about the tiks and I would go - and probably pay for the 1300 except I got 2 kids - who are Sainters and come to about 5 games a year - mostly due to other stuff happening - like school sport. I would need/love 4 tiks as the wife would go as well - as would about 300K of us in Melb probably.
Very expensive to all be social club members with seats year after year.
Good luck to all those with SC and GF tiks.
See you at all the other finals - two before the GF :)

This is a team game and there is no room for individuals who think they are above walking through the fire.
St Michele
Club Player

pluggernaut wrote:living in perth, i've got the cash ready to book the flight over there for the grand final. given that it's going to cost me between $700 -$1000 just to get there, i'm not doing anything until i know we're in it.
the problem then is - how hard is it going to be to get a ticket to the GF ? ( am an interstate member, but i'm pretty sure that doesn't mean much when it comes to tickets)
No mate like me you don;t get a GF ticket, did you get the Western Saints info the other day they had some packages on it/

Michele
pluggernaut
Club Player

Thanks michele for that info - if you can believe this, i renewed my intersate /Western saints membership the at the start of round 10, and to date I have not received my membership card, any Western Saints info, and onlly just receeived my membership package (start of round 22). UInfortunately half the stuff I was supposed to be sent wasn't included, so I am now waiting for a new one. Plus i have to wait 3 weeks for my scarf!!! So unfortunately I haven't received any grand final info, and I'm not holding my breath!!!!
Would still love to go to the GF if we're in it - at least my scarf would be clean!!!!

Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
Bernard Shakey wrote:plugger66, you must be on something illegal to suggest that 22,000 Saints members will be at the granny, when we make it.

You are suggesting that 10,500 AFL and MCC full members are also St Kilda Footboll Club members.

Who's you dealer?
No that will be about 8000-9000 with people who are members of the AFL and MCC but especially AFL giving tickets to friends who are Saints supporters plus about 3000 who will buy packages so I stand by those figures.
No plugger66, you said members, not supporters.

Your figures are a figment of your imagination.

Old enough to repaint, but young enough to sell
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Bernard Shakey wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

Who's you dealer?
No plugger66, you said members, not supporters.

Your figures are a figment of your imagination.
Took a while to get back to me. i still go along with my figures. if you go to the trouble of trying to get a ticket by paying more or asking a friend to hand over a card then you are likely to have paid a membership. Very close to 22000 saints members in the ground.

Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:Took a while to get back to me. i still go along with my figures. if you go to the trouble of trying to get a ticket by paying more or asking a friend to hand over a card then you are likely to have paid a membership. Very close to 22000 saints members in the ground.
I have a life.

Your figures are still a figment of your imagination. 11,500 St Kilda Social Club members, plus up to 1,674 AFL members with St Kilda Clud Support (who are not St Kilda Football Club members) equals 13,174, not 22,000.

The Grand Final is not for footy club members, it is, unfortunately for corporate wankers and tourists.

Old enough to repaint, but young enough to sell
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Bernard Shakey wrote:
plugger66 wrote:Took a while to get back to me. i still go along with my figures. if you go to the trouble of trying to get a ticket by paying more or asking a friend to hand over a card then you are likely to have paid a membership. Very close to 22000 saints members in the ground.
I have a life.

Your figures are still a figment of your imagination. 11,500 St Kilda Social Club members, plus up to 1,674 AFL members with St Kilda Clud Support (who are not St Kilda Football Club members) equals 13,174, not 22,000.

The Grand Final is not for footy club members, it is, unfortunately for corporate wankers and tourists.
Those AFL members with Saints support are Saints members and are counted as Saints members.

JABBER
Club Player

would you pay$1300

i wouldnt buy .A st kilda social club ticket and you go into a ballot for grand final tickets and there is a very good chance of getting one

trevor barker
St Michele
Club Player

pluggernaut wrote:Thanks michele for that info - if you can believe this, i renewed my intersate /Western saints membership the at the start of round 10, and to date I have not received my membership card, any Western Saints info, and onlly just receeived my membership package (start of round 22). UInfortunately half the stuff I was supposed to be sent wasn't included, so I am now waiting for a new one. Plus i have to wait 3 weeks for my scarf!!! So unfortunately I haven't received any grand final info, and I'm not holding my breath!!!!
Would still love to go to the GF if we're in it - at least my scarf would be clean!!!!
I sent the guys organising it an email and the [packages for the Western Saints have sold out so will have to look elswhere now.

Michele
matrix
Saintsational Legend

just before half way of this season i upgraded from interstate to an 11 gamer with social club.
for about three years i had been saying id do it and thought blimey i better do this this year otherwise i might be absolutely kicking myself come late september.
so i rang up and upgraded
they just charged the diff between the two memberships to my card (i actually thought id cop the whole whack of the 11 gamer & social)
i used the 11 gamer to get a ticket yesterday
about 4 hrs later i put my membership card away and saw the interstate one for this year...
why not give it a go??
logged on and low and behold it bloody accepted the barcode and gave me another ticket :o :shock:

the interstate membership package came before half way during the year for me, there was some things missing but the package had a note from the membership dept saying that they had run out of some items and would be forwarded shortly...few weeks later they came.

basically im saying
upgrade if u can afford it, get it done direct debit every week if need be
so the kids eat cereal for tea one nite a week, it wont kill em :P

westy
Club Player

My wife and I paid $3000.00 plus airfares from Perth a few weeks ago and that gets us into the game, Channel 9 breakfast and 2 night's accommodation which didn't seem too bad. It was either that or a 52 inch telly. Going to the GF is a better deal I reckon.

I'm livin' in a madhouse
ace
Saintsational Legend

Whatever you Grand Final tickets you buy remember the AFL is prone to false advertising.

What the AFL calls
Standard is really Sub Standard = back of top deck
Prime is really Standard = front of top deck
Premium is really Prime = bottom deck and the balconies
Corporate boxes are the only real Premium

The police will enforce scalping laws against amateur scalpers.
But the authorised scalpers namely the clubs and AFL who provide a free sausage and entertainment with their $1,300 plus ticket will be permitted.
The pesky amateur scalpers limit the amount the authorised scalpers can charge, so they must be eliminated.

No action will be taken against false advertising of the quality of seating.

The more you know, the more you know you don't know.
When I was a young child, I knew that I knew so much about so much.
Now that I am old and know so much more, I know that I know so much about so little, and so little about so much.

If you are not engaging AI actively and aggressively, you are doing it wrong.
You are not going to lose your job to AI.
You are going lose your job to somebody who uses AI.
Your company is not going to go out of business because of AI.
Your company is going to go out of business because another company used AI.
- Jensen Huang, CEO of NVIDIA
Cro
Club Player

I am very close to buying one of these tickets and paying air fares.. Hoping to hit up someone to let me stay at theirs for the few days I'd be there.

Was originally planning on going for the prelims and staying all week, but I would then need to pay for accommodation and really think spending that much without leaving the country is too much.

Not sure which package to get.. thinking I'd prefer one with a 'premium seat' as I don't really care about any of the lunch/breakfast things, but still cheap as possible.. any suggestions?

I'm not too familiar with scalping laws, but god forbid we don't make it, can I sell my package for what it cost me minus the airfares obviously..

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

ace wrote:Whatever you Grand Final tickets you buy remember the AFL is prone to false advertising.

What the AFL calls
Standard is really Sub Standard = back of top deck
Prime is really Standard = front of top deck
Premium is really Prime = bottom deck and the balconies
Corporate boxes are the only real Premium

The police will enforce scalping laws against amateur scalpers.
But the authorised scalpers namely the clubs and AFL who provide a free sausage and entertainment with their $1,300 plus ticket will be permitted.
The pesky amateur scalpers limit the amount the authorised scalpers can charge, so they must be eliminated.

No action will be taken against false advertising of the quality of seating.
Got any ideas who run the AFL or should we just disband it.