Luke Ball and 1st rnd Selection for Kerr?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Schillaci
Club Player

aussierules0k wrote:Tell em they're dreaming.
Ball is a Sainter thru and thru, he aint goin' nowhere.
Besides, 18-0... we don't need Kerr.
Agreed.

rexy
SS Life Member

Didnt read the whole thread but I have 1 word for you all

CHARACHTER

Ball is a beauty, Kerr is trouble IMO.

Both good footballers, Ball is a saint and will be rememberd as a great one.

Maybe this year?
stinger
Saintsational Legend

rexy wrote:Didnt read the whole thread but I have 1 word for you all

CHARACHTER

kerr is actually a knob....

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
rexy
SS Life Member

stinger wrote:

CHARACHTER

Was trying to be polite :wink:

Maybe this year?
stinger
Saintsational Legend

rexy wrote:
stinger wrote:

CHARACHTER

Was trying to be polite :wink:

understand......but i like calling a spade a flowering shovel...... :wink: :wink: :lol: :lol:

Winmarvellous
Club Player

the op should be ashamed of himself putting such crap on the forum...anybody who seriously thinks that the saints brain trust would be entertaining trading one of its former captains and actively shopping him around 3 weeks before the most important finals series for the club this century has got to be f***ed in the head.......
Get off your high horse would ya. I only said the rumour was on TV. You've given it a lot more credence than me....

stinger
Saintsational Legend

Winmarvellous wrote:
the op should be ashamed of himself putting such crap on the forum...anybody who seriously thinks that the saints brain trust would be entertaining trading one of its former captains and actively shopping him around 3 weeks before the most important finals series for the club this century has got to be f***ed in the head.......
Get off your high horse would ya. I only said the rumour was on TV. You've given it a lot more credence than me....

how the f*** have i done that...you started the thread...and it's pure crap...see that you are not getting smarter with age ... :roll: :roll: :roll:

"
Just reported on ch 7 over here Saints have put this on the table to West Coast."

...wtf did you say it was only a rumour..? :roll: :roll:

philip
Club Player

stinger wrote:
Winmarvellous wrote:

how the f*** have i done that...you started the thread...and it's pure crap...see that you are not getting smarter with age ... :roll: :roll: :roll:

"
Just reported on ch 7 over here Saints have put this on the table to West Coast."

i'm with stinger on this one, which means we must be right if we both agree!

philip

Just looking forward to us having a real crack each week, and appreciating the younger talent coming through.
Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

this is clearly made up by a bored supporter.
no way known anyone is even thinking about trades in august. least of all the saints. wont even enter their minds until october.

stinger
Saintsational Legend

philip wrote:
stinger wrote:
Winmarvellous wrote:

"

i'm with stinger on this one, which means we must be right if we both agree!

philip

onya mate... :wink: :lol:

st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

herald sun have just said a similar thing ... more a jorno story then any truth to it ... list management will be looked into after the season not round 20 .... maybe west coast are interested in this trade but i highly doubt any one at the saints is talking to the eagles at this time of the year ...... BIGGER FISH TO FRY...

"The team that wins in the most positions and makes the least amount of mistakes, usually wins the game." -- Allan Jeans

http://westernsaints.wordpress.com/
stinger
Saintsational Legend

st_Trav_ofWA wrote:herald sun have just said a similar thing ... more a jorno story then any truth to it ... list management will be looked into after the season not round 20 .... maybe west coast are interested in this trade but i highly doubt any one at the saints is talking to the eagles at this time of the year ...... BIGGER FISH TO FRY...
yep.......wtf would the saints even think of flowering around with team moral three weeks before a final series...his story...and it is a f****** story originated from big footy ffs///the journos are bereft of ideas.....

bobmurray
Saintsational Legend

Ball for Kerr...

There would be some debate amongst non StKilda and West Coast fans
about who fared best in this trade....

I'm not a fan of Kerr myself....

Six debutants for the Saints so far in Season 2024. :D
St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

bobmurray wrote:Ball for Kerr...

There would be some debate amongst non StKilda and West Coast fans
about who fared best in this trade....

I'm not a fan of Kerr myself....
I'm with you...

I never liked him and have stated this on this forum.

Kerr could never handle a tag and now with Cousins and Judd gone he is exposed big time. He has a poor attitude on and off field.

Far too many off field dramas including forging a prescription and brawling, let alone his suspension history on field.

NO FLOWERING WAY KNOWN!!!!

Don't wait for the light at the end of the tunnel to appear, run down there and light the bloody thing yourself!
AnythingsPossibleSaints
SS Life Member

Yesterday's game showed exactly why we could be much better with Kerr than Ball, from next year. The game and teams are getting faster and Bally is getting left behind, big-time. Unless he turns it around in a big way, he'll only just be in our best 22, if at all. Kerr, if he got his body right, would be in our top 10, easily. Hopefully for a few years. Both of these facts are especially true at the fast Etihad Stadium, where we play the majority of our games. Kerr is also extremely tough and effective in close, so Ball doesn't really have that over him on "slower" grounds, or in the wet.
I love Bally and what he's brought to the club as much as probably anyone else and thought/hoped he'd play 300+ terrific games for this club, but things change and in his case look to have changed significantly. He's playing like he's 35. His pace has deserted him. His kicking is not a patch on what it was. he's getting by on pretty much heart alone.
Teams with very fast, small elusive guys in them (like Essendon both times and Carlton, when we played them) are giving us all sorts of grief and will only get better. They run rings around us and it doesn't seem to matter how good our guys are, because many are simply too slow to catch them. They also get to the ball first in packs because they're so quick. And they can tackle us when we've got the ball because they're so quick. Had Essendon not been so hampered by injuries and been as lacking in "winning confidence" yesterday, they could have easily won by 10 goals. For much of the game they made us look second-rate. Next year they'll probably be even better, as I expect will Carlton, who are already in 5th.
It hopefully won't matter this year, but we're talking about for next year and beyond and other sides will be taking note of the fact that we're seriously troubled when we play these good, but also "super-quick" teams. They'll be looking to increase their speed and we need to as well (and probably needed to 2 years ago). We could do with an injection of genuine speed and skill. Kerr has a lot of both, plus more and about 2-3 years ago was rated by many as better than Judd and Cousins (at the time). Opposition teams wouldn't be worried in the least about the prospect of manning up on Bally, but they'd sure as hell need to either put a tag, or a very close watch on Kerr. That would free up other guys like maybe Dal or BJ.
Bally would have been trying his guts out yesterday, to keep his spot in the team for the finals, yet in 75% of game time had just 10 possies and only 3 tackles. Sure other guys had similarly bad games, but they either have had much better years than him, or don't have Bally's "trade value", or huge paycheque (apparently about $600,000). If he doesn't lift significantly, or convince our match committee that he will from next year on, he could be on the trade table. Many say that the rumour is "rubbish", or words to that effect, but did you see him getting left out of our seniors a few weeks ago? The guys making the decisions have some genuine balls, so a trade like this could happen, especially if they want to win a flag after this year.
I sincerely hope he lifts significantly between now and the end of the year and reaches the peaks, with us, that he almost certainly would have (had he not been cruelled by injuries). If he doesn't, though, he'd be getting paid too much to be playing VFL, especially when he could be an integral part of another AFL side.
Some of the responses on here are incredibly emotional, but I seriously doubt any teams win AFL flags by picking their teams on emotion.
Last edited by AnythingsPossibleSaints on Mon 17 Aug 2009 2:30pm, edited 1 time in total.

YOU GET WHAT YOU SETTLE FOR.
ausfatcat
Saintsational Legend

Kerr at the moment is a better option than Ball without a doubt. Bu8t thats not really the question is he worth Ball and a 1st round pick in the last untouched draft for 3 years????

I for one don't think so. He would be on current form of Ball worth Ball and a 2nd rounder, or Ball and 1st round for Kerr and 2nd round.

stinger
Saintsational Legend

forget that kerr is an out and out dropkick...he is not on the trade table.....so get over it ffs......geez....

ace
Saintsational Legend

Lyon wanted Ball to play as a forward.
He couldn't run
He couldn't jump.
He couldn't mark
He couldn't chase.
All he can do is tackle but then only if the opponent is near stationary in a pack.
He did the best his body would allow but that was way below requirement.

Ball running on the huge expanse of Subiaco. :roll: :roll: :roll:

If Lyon wants a forward who can kick goals he would be better to trade for Ryan O'Keefe from Sydney.
He has a better chace of a deal with Sydney than West Coast.

The more you know, the more you know you don't know.
When I was a young child, I knew that I knew so much about so much.
Now that I am old and know so much more, I know that I know so much about so little, and so little about so much.

If you are not engaging AI actively and aggressively, you are doing it wrong.
You are not going to lose your job to AI.
You are going lose your job to somebody who uses AI.
Your company is not going to go out of business because of AI.
Your company is going to go out of business because another company used AI.
- Jensen Huang, CEO of NVIDIA
AnythingsPossibleSaints
SS Life Member

I don't necessarily believe that there would be a simple/straight "Ball and our first round pick for Kerr" trade. It would more likely involve at least one other club. Bally would be perfect for Sydney (at the SCG) and the rumour mill suggests they may be genuinely interested in him.
And again on the first round pick, hopefully our first pick will be about 18, in what is considered to be a very weak draft (especially after 10). There was a similarly weak draft a few years ago (maybe not even as weak), when we got McQualter at about 18. Having Ball and an 18 year old version of McQualter may give us a little more depth, but as last week showed, we have a good amount of depth. Getting someone who is as damaging and game-breaking as Kerr could net us another flag or two, that having the other two may not.

YOU GET WHAT YOU SETTLE FOR.
reincarnated

Reincarnated would do the deal. the age works and 100 games out of Daniel Kerr is going to better 100 games out of Luke Ball and whoever is the first round draft pick

Make the team stronger

mbogo
SS Hall of Fame

Ball seems hampered at the moment - no issue there. Hopefully he will get better and/or play his vital in and under role in the finals.
However, I cannot see the upside of trading any of our top 20 players - or maybe even top 25 AT ALL!
19 - 1 and thinking of trades 2 weeks from out biggest finals chance since 1966! WTF?
Sometimes this place just makes me wonder who the posters support - get with the program braniacs! :P
Threads like this can only destabilise the club at this stage and are just plain malicious, ignorant and naive. :x

This is a team game and there is no room for individuals who think they are above walking through the fire.
Stillwaiting
Saintsational Legend

#1GILL wrote:a bit off topic but this one is no good anyway.....BUT

if we manage to win a premiership in the next 2 years-would anyone be happy to see gilbert go to the GC. and if so for what. if he continues his current developement nothing less than a top 10 and another first rounder for mine. maybe 5 and 13
No way, I think he is a clubman, he resigned to avoid being out of contract when GC would be able to pinch him

I love this club
Stillwaiting
Saintsational Legend

CHARACHTER

Keep Ball, as you say he has charcter and loyalty, donw want kerr

I love this club
Iceman234
Saintsational Legend

I know it's a sketch, but I'm calling it a caricature just so I can spell character incorrectly too... 8-) :wink:

Stillwaiting
Saintsational Legend

Iceman234 wrote:Image

I know it's a sketch, but I'm calling it a caricature just so I can spell character incorrectly too... 8-) :wink:
I cant spell either :)

I love this club