Brace yourselves Saints fans....

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

OneEyedSainter77
SS Life Member

I don't care how it happens, I just want it to happen.

This is one of our best chances ever to do it. So how bad do you want it sainters?

In the end, it comes down to one simple word.

WIN.

Do it, see the opportunity and take it, because it's yours for the taking.

i would ask no more of this team - don't need a perfect season, don't need everyone to play perfectly and get into the AA side - don't need percentage boosters or massive records broken.

We all NEED a prmeiership. Sure, its just a game, but we all need to experience the ultimate euphoria. We all DESERVE it too.

Just do it, Saints.

Win.

I have the faith!

rodgerfox
Saintsational Legend

santazzi wrote:In a round about way, I think rogerfox is trying to let us know that he has let his "LID OFF"................Right?
It depends on the definition of 'the lid'.

If it means I think we're a shoe-in, then no. The lid is still on.

If it means I'm happy to embrace the situation we've put ourselves in, as opposed to hiding from it due to the fear of how much it could hurt if we don't win the flag, then yes. The lid is off.

saint patrick
Saintsational Legend

Damn that was a good post Rodger :shock: ... bloody well said and......touchdown!!!!!!

I don't give them away lightly and this post deserved to be bumped :twisted:

Never take a backward step even to gain momentum.....

'It's OK to have the capabilities and abilities, but you've got to get it done." Terry Daniher 05

"We have beauty in our captain and we have a true leader in our coach. Our time will come"
Thinline.Post 09 Grand final.
Dis Believer
Saintsational Legend
Location: The terraces at Moorabbin, in the pouring rain.......

I am unclean, brithers and sisters,
Unclean I say,
Lift me up and CLEANSE ME !!!!!

and wash some spots really fast.......

The heavy metal artist formerly known as True Believer!
IF you look around the room and can't identify who the sucker is, then it's probably you!
PJ
SS Life Member

It's easy following a club that has no hope. You rock up each week with nothing to lose, and if you get a win then that's just a bonus! You generally get the support and sympathy of the footy world - cause you're not a threat to them.
For some winning is a suit that doesn't fit well. It's been a long time, if in fact we have ever had bravado. We have for years rejoiced in small offerings, a night final, a Brownlow medalist and yet it is testimony to the spirit of the sainter fan to rock up and believe regardless of the fact we have nothing or little to show for the efforts. We hang our dreams on one group that climbed the mountain in 66 and even then by only 1 point. We are not braggards or arrogant we're not even comfortable with the fact that we have owned 2009 - but we sure as hell are getting pretty used to watching the points add up on the right hand column of the ladder and the further the dream goes the more we are realising that we are in fact - a f**king brilliant footy side that fears little and is relishing the chance to take our players, our coaches, our fans, our club into the holy land - the march is on and we shall not be stopped.

I've never seen a bad St.Kilda player - that's just how they are.
widereceiver
Club Player

I love it when I hear the ill-educated scum and blues fans come on radio talkback and say, "Saint (not Sint.) Kilda will fall apart in the foinals, the Pois will frash 'em at the Goi."

I think this year, with the greatest respect to Geelong, who I think may enter September with a good list to pick from, can be ours...

At last, all the years of sub-standard St K teams, bless 'em, could be put to rest and the Saints and their fans might have a righteous epoch of insufferable arrogance, the like of which will put the ignor-army through utter degradation and resigned torment.

How magical to be undefeated by any of these untermenschen for a whole season - unparallelled by any other. Imagine a success not achieved by secret deals, manipulation, cheating, whingeing, thuggery, buggery or skullduggery.

Wouldn't it be grand if the next generation's Sheehan could look back in twenty years and write... (Sheehan, after all, is at his best with 20-20 hindsight)

"The dynasty began as just a bloody great, hard-at-it team, assembled over a decade by a couple of very good coaches, the best of whom had a brilliant coaching panel, which capitalised on the talents of its star players and devised a game plan to choke the very life from the unworthy - the other teams in the AFL competiton."

What a great winter it's been so far... Go Sainters

"Winning's not everything, it's the ONLY thing!" Vince Lombardi.
Sam Gilbert #1 booster - always on the attack!!!
Win more for Winmar
OneEyedSainter77
SS Life Member

I mean no disrespect to the other teams but I think that the only team that wil beat us is Geelong - I reckon we have everyone else's measure, ESPECIALLY Collingwood. They are basing their MCG form against us based on a game twelve months ago - a lot has changed since then.

I think if anyone stops us this year, it will be Geelong and that's not me disrespecting the other teams like I said, just think we have their measure.

Having said that if someone else beats Geelong to get into the grand Final or Prelim and we meet them there - they will obviously be very difficult to beat.

I'm nervous and excited about the finals - can't wait to see how far we've come in tweleve months, reckon we will be shutting all the doubters up come September.