Teams: round 18 (Gilbert Out!!)

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Quixote
SS Life Member

plugger66 wrote:
S.A Saint wrote:relax people we all know that's Lyons way of resting players ;).....
Who has been rested. Kosi was suspended and also hurt his hand and MG has been out 3 weeks so that is hardly rested. I cannot think of a player yet that has been rested.
Honestly mate I respect your opinions but sometimes someone needs to tell you to just STFU coz u r full of s***.

:idea:

Fortius Quo Fidelius Yo
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Quixote wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
S.A Saint wrote:relax people we all know that's Lyons way of resting players ;).....
Who has been rested. Kosi was suspended and also hurt his hand and MG has been out 3 weeks so that is hardly rested. I cannot think of a player yet that has been rested.
Honestly mate I respect your opinions but sometimes someone needs to tell you to just STFU coz u r full of s***.

What does that mean. I asked a simple question? Luckily everything you post is great stuff.

StPeter
Club Player

I don't always agree with B4E but he is right about Eddy. By far the least

deserving of a place in our current team. Ball's worst game would be still

well ahead of Eddy's best. Eddy has been given many chances this year and

last and has shown little.

Sam23
SS Life Member

Quixote wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

Why would he STFU when he has asked a question which looks 100% on the money.

Luke ball been out for 3 weeks now?
MG out for 3 weeks?
Kosi suspended

not sure if anyone has been rested.

Goddard.
Ralphy
Saintsational Legend

Sam23 wrote:
Quixote wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

MG out for 3 weeks?
Kosi suspended

Ball has been out for 2 weeks only,
kosi was injured any way so doubtful he would have played.
MG has been 3 weeks this week.

S.A Saint
Club Player

Sam23 wrote:
Quixote wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

MG out for 3 weeks?
Kosi suspended

Luke ball needs to find form..he is not being rested at all....with gardiner they are taking every precaution so that he is 100% fit before we play him again as he is vital to our flag chances...kosi got a week off because he was suspended that is pretty obvious imo....

St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

BJ brownlow 09 wrote: Ball has been out for 2 weeks only,
kosi was injured any way so doubtful he would have played.
MG has been 3 weeks this week.
Ball has been out for 3 weeks, if you count this weekend

Don't wait for the light at the end of the tunnel to appear, run down there and light the bloody thing yourself!
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

S.A Saint wrote:
Sam23 wrote:
Quixote wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

MG out for 3 weeks?
Kosi suspended

Luke ball needs to find form..he is not being rested at all....with gardiner they are taking every precaution so that he is 100% fit before we play him again as he is vital to our flag chances...kosi got a week off because he was suspended that is pretty obvious imo....

So I was right. They arent being rested.

saintdooley
Saintsational Legend

either Raph or Blake is on Dan Hannebery....could be dangerous. :wink: dans an absolute gun

"Another storied win in Robert Harvey's career. They say he is the embodiment of their motto of strength through loyalty, and on the day he became just the tenth man to play 350 league games the saints reward him with a seemingly impossible victory."
PJ
SS Life Member

I don't always agree with B4E but he is right about Eddy. By far the least

deserving of a place in our current team. Ball's worst game would be still

well ahead of Eddy's best. Eddy has been given many chances this year and

last and has shown little.
Not sure what you're worried about st.pete - Bally gets to work on a few things and will more than likely be back in a couple of weeks (all good), Eddy gets to develop with additional game time (again all good) so from what I'm looking at it's a win win situation. It's not like we are desperate for Bally to be there to beat Sydney, if we can't win without him then we're not up to it are we.

I've never seen a bad St.Kilda player - that's just how they are.
S.A Saint
Club Player

plugger66 wrote:
S.A Saint wrote:
Sam23 wrote:
Quixote wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

MG out for 3 weeks?
Kosi suspended

no you are not right....with gards they are simply taking it easy on him..with regards to gilbert missing this week i believe that he is being rested....i think over the next few weeks you will see a few players being out of the side with some kind of "soreness"..from now on in...a few players 5 or so who are feeling the effects of a hard season will be out of the squad...it will only probably be 1 a week so it wont damage our structure but the key players will get a chance to freshen up.....

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

S.A Saint wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
S.A Saint wrote:
Sam23 wrote:
Quixote wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

MG out for 3 weeks?
Kosi suspended

no you are not right....with gards they are simply taking it easy on him..with regards to gilbert missing this week i believe that he is being rested....i think over the next few weeks you will see a few players being out of the side with some kind of "soreness"..from now on in...a few players 5 or so who are feeling the effects of a hard season will be out of the squad...it will only probably be 1 a week so it wont damage our structure but the key players will get a chance to freshen up.....
So Gardiner isnt injured. Is that what you are saying. If it is you are wrong. So Sam isnt injured. Is that what you are saying. If it is you are wrong. Both players have slight injuries and that is why they are out of the side. If RL was to rest players would someone in the midfield get a rest before Gilbert. So far no one has been rested.

spert
Saintsational Legend

I think out of Eddy, Gwilt, Ball, Geary, Armo -Eddy and Gwilt get the nod as they have stronger bodies than Geary and Armo, and Ball has lost form and needs to work on some parts of his game. Geary was easily pushed aside against Geelong, but will develop more in the next couple of seasons. Armo is next in line behind Eddy, Geary and Ball. No doubt RL knows that we need strength from talls to smalls in the forward, mid and backline to have a show on winning the flag

hotdish
Club Player

Good luck to the match committee next week! So many guns available next week!

Gilbert
M Gardiner
Dawson
L Ball

To the top
SS Life Member

If players are fit and they are performing to the expectations of the Coaching Panel (and that includes continuing to improve performance), they play.

Either for the AFL side or the VFL side.

If they have an injury concern, they do not play and, given the position the team, the Coaching Panel and the support staff have got to in 2009 to date, there is no necessity at this stage of the season to play a player with a "niggle" but who would be selected to play in the finals series regardless of that "niggle".

Gardiner looked fine at the game last week when standing in a group including Dawson on the concourse - and by fine I mean he had no supports and no impediment to moving.

Doing what you are called on to do on a football field is a little different to standing around, but inconvenience is sometimes in evidence even when standing around.

There was no inconvenience in evidence with Gardiner.

Continuity and prudence is obviously the template from here, and why not?

Along with keeping our collective fingers crossed and touching every bit of wood!

thirty-seven!?
Club Player

No Changes to the selected side