Some Saints supporters make me sick

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

degruch
Saintsational Legend

C'mon OLB...first he looked nervous, then it was a stats issue, then he was the only player on the ground to make a mistake...you called up SEN for a rant 10 times on the weekend, didn't you?

matrix
Saintsational Legend

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:
OLB wrote: Geelong replaced David Johnson with Matthew Stokes. David Johnson is a defender and Stokes is a forward.

And then they replaced Steve Johnson with Simon Hogan.

This is hardly a new phenomenon sweeping the AFL.

Seen a game before, son?

Ball 14 touches, 3 tackles.

Geary 4 touches, no tackles.

Generally speaking, a player needs to touch the footy to be involved in a game.
You are really clueless. Ball 14 touches and three tackles is a pathetic return from a midfielder.

Ball was by far our worst player and going on your stupid logic he should be dropped.

Then you inferred that raph would stay in because Geary had a shocker.

if you had actually been to a game this year you may have noticed that Geary is actually a midfielder and Raph Clarke is a backman.

As for Geelong I couldn't care less what they did - they lost.

Really mate your lack of football knowledge is showing through in this thread. Raph was integral to a defence that conceded six goals less than the Geelong average per game - the only reason Geelong got close to us because we had two midfield passengers - Geary and your hero Luke Ball.

they would be dropped before Raph, but because you have rose coloured glasses about Ball you cant see that.
Had Ball not kicked to Gardiner in the dying minutes....

Beej
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:Do you understand the point of the thread yet or are you just ignoring my question because you cant come up with an answer.
The point of this thread is that you believe Raph's game was such that he should not be criticised for it, particularly by St Kilda fans.

I disagree.

degruch, to say that Raph has never looked nervous or panicky throughout his whole career leads me to believe you're either a teenager who hasn't seen enough of Raph or you just flat-out know nothing. I'm giving you the benefit of the doubt and guess it's the former.

and joffa,

I'm still none the wiser as to how you turned this into a race debate?

Also, I have no allegiance towards Luke Ball. He is not my hero. It's just a handle ffs.

If truth be told, I'd have either Hodge or Judd over Bally.
Last edited by Beej on Tue 07 Jul 2009 4:24pm, edited 3 times in total.

PJ
SS Life Member

it is the hysterical ranting and extreme hatred shown toward Raph that makes me think there is an ulterior motive to the hatfilled diatribes by some.
Agree completely - criticism yes, irrational abuse no.

But hey any twit can pick up a phone or go online and air their own personal hangups - the less said about them the better.

I've never seen a bad St.Kilda player - that's just how they are.
degruch
Saintsational Legend

OLB wrote:degruch, to say that Raph has never looked nervous or panicky throughout his whole career leads me to believe you're either a teenager who hasn't seen enough of Raph or you just flat-out know nothing. I'm giving you the benefit of the doubt and guess it's the former.
Sorry bud, you're waaaaay off...I'm just someone who pays far more attention than you. I've also never engaged in trendy scapegoat bashing.

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

PJ wrote:
it is the hysterical ranting and extreme hatred shown toward Raph that makes me think there is an ulterior motive to the hatfilled diatribes by some.
Agree completely - criticism yes, irrational abuse no.

But hey any twit can pick up a phone or go online and air their own personal hangups - the less said about them the better.
yeah good point.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
Beej
Saintsational Legend

degruch wrote:
OLB wrote:degruch, to say that Raph has never looked nervous or panicky throughout his whole career leads me to believe you're either a teenager who hasn't seen enough of Raph or you just flat-out know nothing. I'm giving you the benefit of the doubt and guess it's the former.
Sorry bud, you're waaaaay off...I'm just someone who pays far more attention than you. I've also never engaged in trendy scapegoat bashing.
It's either one or the other as far as I'm concerned.

Stick to the SANFL. :wink:

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Could think of a lot of other teams that wouldn't mind Raph in their backline right now, sometimes you need to step back and look at it rationally.

matrix
Saintsational Legend

OLB wrote: Stick to the SANFL. :wink:

degruch
Saintsational Legend

OLB wrote:
degruch wrote:

Well, the fact that you've made a complete dick out of yourself suggests otherwise...maybe you should give up 'following' football altogether.

Beej
Saintsational Legend

degruch wrote:
OLB wrote:
degruch wrote:

Well, the fact that you've made a complete dick out of yourself suggests otherwise...maybe you should give up 'following' football altogether.
When do school holidays end?

degruch
Saintsational Legend

OLB wrote:
degruch wrote:
OLB wrote:
degruch wrote:

About 1988.

Do us all a favour and stay off the phones...and don't sit behind me when you come over here. :P

Eastern
Saintsational Legend

Who was widely accepted as our BEST player during the 2008 finals series?

From memory it was;

RAPH CLARKE

Whilst he wasn't our best player against Geelong, he was far from our worst !!

PJ
SS Life Member

Perhaps we could get back to the OP - and lose the bitching, might be a little more interesting

I've never seen a bad St.Kilda player - that's just how they are.
Beej
Saintsational Legend

degruch wrote:
OLB wrote:
degruch wrote:
OLB wrote:
degruch wrote:

About 1988.

Do us all a favour and stay off the phones...and don't sit behind me when you come over here. :P
Wow, so you really aren't a teenager? You're telling me you've seen Raph's entire career and you believe he's a model of composure and confidence. Well, f*** me in the beard.

How many St Kilda games do they show a year in Adelaide?

degruch
Saintsational Legend

PJ wrote:
Perhaps we could get back to the OP - and lose the bitching, might be a little more interesting
I'm with you PJ...more facts, less small man syndrome, stick to the argument. Having supporters openly bag our own players for seemingly no reason whatsoever is a complete embarrassment. To think a Carlton supporter had to fly the flag for Raph is nice, but doesn't look great for supporters of the leagues top team, does it???

stinger
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:When asked for specifics as I have heard in the past, these gutless anonomous armchair critics cant come up with any.

I am sticking by my guns and still stating that a fair proportion of the insults I hear (not fair critisism - any player can be fairly critisised) are race based and nothing to do with him as a player.

Raph had a fair game on Sunday. On occasions it was white hot in our backline and he certainly played an integral part.

The unfair critisism is more insidious and hatefilled than I have heard for any other Saints scapegoat.

As I say NO player is not above critisism but when the critisism is unsubstantiated and hatefilled with the insults I have heard Raph called, it is much much more than scapegoating.

been saying the same thing for three years..... :evil:

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

degruch wrote:
PJ wrote:
I'm with you PJ...more facts, less small man syndrome, stick to the argument. Having supporters openly bag our own players for seemingly no reason whatsoever is a complete embarrassment. To think a Carlton supporter had to fly the flag for Raph is nice, but doesn't look great for supporters of the leagues top team, does it???
I think it is disgraceful that a Carlton supporter had to defend a Saints player from supposedly our own supporters .

But when a true football supporter hear a barrage of hatefilled diatribe and scapegoating from armchair cowards who have probably never played a game in their lives, they have to do or say something.

We have seen on this thread how some Raph haters will try anything and post any critisism of Raph - even in the face of a bevver of differing opinions.

Hate is one thing that cant be reasoned with. Stupidity is another.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
bob__71
Club Player

OLB wrote:
plugger66 wrote:Do you understand the point of the thread yet or are you just ignoring my question because you cant come up with an answer.
The point of this thread is that you believe Raph's game was such that he should not be criticised for it, particularly by St Kilda fans.
Well you even got that wrong.

At least you stop debating down lines where you know you are wrong.

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

stinger wrote:
joffaboy wrote:When asked for specifics as I have heard in the past, these gutless anonomous armchair critics cant come up with any.

I am sticking by my guns and still stating that a fair proportion of the insults I hear (not fair critisism - any player can be fairly critisised) are race based and nothing to do with him as a player.

Raph had a fair game on Sunday. On occasions it was white hot in our backline and he certainly played an integral part.

The unfair critisism is more insidious and hatefilled than I have heard for any other Saints scapegoat.

As I say NO player is not above critisism but when the critisism is unsubstantiated and hatefilled with the insults I have heard Raph called, it is much much more than scapegoating.

been saying the same thing for three years..... :evil:
Well stinger unfortunately I think it is accurate.

I also notice that Gwilt and X get more critisism than anybody except for mabye Jason Blake on this forum and on moron oops I mean talkback radio.

Lance or James??

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

OLB wrote:

I disagree.

degruch, to say that Raph has never looked nervous or panicky throughout his whole career leads me to believe you're either a teenager who hasn't seen enough of Raph or you just flat-out know nothing. I'm giving you the benefit of the doubt and guess it's the former.

and joffa,

I'm still none the wiser as to how you turned this into a race debate?

Also, I have no allegiance towards Luke Ball. He is not my hero. It's just a handle ffs.

If truth be told, I'd have either Hodge or Judd over Bally.
No you are completely wrong. I actually said on our forum it may be ok but in the public after our best win it is a disgace. You obviously think footballers are deaf or have no feelings. I am now convinced you did ring up because you just dont get it do you.

stinger
Saintsational Legend

BringBackMadDog wrote:I had the distinct misfortune to be sitting next to a couple of tools at the Geelong game who just bagged the crap out of Raph from the minute the ball was bounced. Some of the hate filled garbage they spewed out made me ashamed to be a St Kilda fan.

It's one thing to be critical of a player for making a mistake, especially during the heat of the game but to sit there and yell abuse for no reason is disgraceful. I finally had enough and let fly with my own barrage which shut them up for a while.

Raph was OK on Sunday, he did make some errors but this was a brutal game of footy there were players with bigger reputations who made bigger mistakes or didn't play well who avoid any type of criticism.

i just turn around and say...whilst smiling of course......are you a f***-wit or simply a red necked racist........their wives, girlfriends or accompanying hookers usually make them swap seats.........or they just stfu.....either way ....i don't have to put up with it and i won't...... :twisted: :twisted:

stinger
Saintsational Legend

ohwhenthesaints! wrote:
joffaboy wrote:
OLB wrote: Geelong replaced David Johnson with Matthew Stokes. David Johnson is a defender and Stokes is a forward.

And then they replaced Steve Johnson with Simon Hogan.

This is hardly a new phenomenon sweeping the AFL.

Seen a game before, son?

Ball 14 touches, 3 tackles.

Geary 4 touches, no tackles.

Generally speaking, a player needs to touch the footy to be involved in a game.
You are really clueless. Ball 14 touches and three tackles is a pathetic return from a midfielder.

Ball was by far our worst player and going on your stupid logic he should be dropped.

Then you inferred that raph would stay in because Geary had a shocker.

if you had actually been to a game this year you may have noticed that Geary is actually a midfielder and Raph Clarke is a backman.

As for Geelong I couldn't care less what they did - they lost.

Really mate your lack of football knowledge is showing through in this thread. Raph was integral to a defence that conceded six goals less than the Geelong average per game - the only reason Geelong got close to us because we had two midfield passengers - Geary and your hero Luke Ball.

they would be dropped before Raph, but because you have rose coloured glasses about Ball you cant see that.
Had Ball not kicked to Gardiner in the dying minutes....

ball was actually on the ground for less than half the game......

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

as my 14 yr old niece says- they should get out there and try

there is a differance to saying "this player is a better kick than that" or 'he needs to work on.... that"

and saying they don;t deserve to be in an AFL team...........
:shock:
not even goblett is 100% perfect- I mean look at his reaction to a loss on Sunday ..

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107