Report of the Noise by those who were at the game

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

jonesy
Saintsational Legend

Leo.J wrote:
milney044 wrote:...I've still got a headache from screaming!! Go Saints!!
I've stil got a headache, but I don't think it was from yelling, more likely from the post game celebrating.
Both here. I'd have to be a candidate for throat cancer due to football

Bring back the Lockett era
ozrulestrace
SS Hall of Fame

Great noise, plus we as one all stood and clapped them when they came out at the start of the game. (I think we were waiting for the National Anthem it was that bigger game)

Plus watching the replay there was a great shot of the saints crowd and what stood out were those new red, white and black scarves.

snoopygirl
SS Life Member

The concertina noise generating posters that the club handed out before the game were noticeable too. Great touch by the club & added to the overall atmosphere.

AnythingsPossibleSaints
SS Life Member

From what I heard (level 3, right above where our guys ran out through the banner) we clearly had more numbers and noise, although it helped that we led almost all day. The whole area around us was very quiet, though. The most noise clearly came from Level 1, on the city side of the ground, which looked all red, white and black.
I actually thought there was more noise when we played Carlton a few weeks ago. They were incredibly loud.
Hell of a game. Brilliant end. Nice tongue, Gardi.

YOU GET WHAT YOU SETTLE FOR.
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Bernard Shakey wrote:What the F*** is the obsession with noise about?

Saint supporter near me was abused by another Saint supporter for making too much noise.

I once used a bugle at the Junction Oval, got thrown out.

Do we get extra points or percentage for noise.

If I want noise, I go to the Corner Hotel for a Drones gig. Now that's noise.
"I have been playing football for most of my life and I cannot remember playing in front of a louder, more passionate crowd than the Saints did on Sunday. Not only were our fans and members out in force (creating a record AFL crowd at the venue in the process), but you were so incredibly LOUD for the duration of the match which definitely gave the boys a lift. Thank you for your tremendous support – we couldn't have done it without you"

evertonfc
Saintsational Legend

Nick Riewoldt wrote:I have been playing football for most of my life and I cannot remember playing in front of a louder, more passionate crowd than the Saints did on Sunday. Not only were our fans and members out in force (creating a record AFL crowd at the venue in the process), but you were so incredibly LOUD for the duration of the match which definitely gave the boys a lift. Thank you for your tremendous support – we couldn't have done it without you!

Clueless and mediocre petty tyrant.

Thinline
Saintsational Legend

Bernard Shakey wrote:What the F*** is the obsession with noise about?

Saint supporter near me was abused by another Saint supporter for making too much noise.

I once used a bugle at the Junction Oval, got thrown out.

Do we get extra points or percentage for noise.

If I want noise, I go to the Corner Hotel for a Drones gig. Now that's noise.
I love the fact that you love the mighty Neil Young, but geez I sometimes wonder if you are in fact Ebenezer Scrooge...

Bah Humbug to pretty much everything!