Team against Richmond

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

vacuous space
SS Life Member

saints65 wrote:After listening to RL press conference, I think Mc Evoy will be dropped.
That's my feeling as well. McEvoy spent an awful lot of time on the interchange, even for a ruckman. That may have been in part due to his inexperience and the frenetic pace of the game though. If Richmond don't bring Simmonds back, we might be comfortable giving McEvoy another chance against the likes of Angus Graham and Tyrone Vickery.

My guess would be one change: Out, McEvoy; In, Gwilt. Shifting Blake into the ruck could open up an opportunity for another ground level defender though. We did seem to struggle in that area against Carlton. Richmond have a few dangerous small forward types. I'd love to be able to bring in Dempster, but there's no way he'd be ready yet. Clarke and Miles could be options. Colm Begley or Leigh Fisher are still on the list as well.

Geary's had a couple of lean weeks, but he was very good for a long time before the North game. I think he deserves at least one more game to see if the break can help him recapture some of that earlier form.

I'd be surprised to see more than one or two changes to the 22.

Yeah nah pleasing positive
saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

IMO they for the Tigers will pick the team that want to play the Cats.

That Ben only played 35% does not bode well for him playing for when you play that little it handicaps your team by others having to work harder.

Structurally our forward line sufferred from too much height...so expect either Gwilt or Goose to be brought in (Goose is still a lot mre mobile thana ruckman playing forward).

Gwilt being dropped may freshen him up.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
bergholt
Saintsational Legend

Devilhead wrote:We finally pretty much well get our best side on the park and make some changes that most of you have been screaming out for and most of you still aren't satisfied
you don't think we lacked pace, devilhead?