Consecutive years added to member cards!! INFO DUE TODAY!!

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

iwantmeseats
SS Life Member

Ill be the stick in the mud :D

Seems bloody crazy to me. Thousands of dollars just to find out how long you have been a member? To bloody print it on a card? Who cares ?? At least put it on the scarf, thats at least a little more understandable.

I was flabergasted when I finally read the thing after I retrieved it from the bin out the front (the missus is always too quick to throw out "junk" mail!!). They dont bloody have emeber details before 05!? :shock: :shock:

Makes a bit more sense reading here of a data base loss, still, should have been backed up , and backed up again, thats pretty poor.

On the upside, the harvey tear away pic looks good on the fridge. :D

Eastern
Saintsational Legend

ttufc7 wrote:What year did the foundation social club membership come in? That was the first year i joined but i cant remember what year it was.
1993, when the football & social clubs merged !!

Bono
Club Player

Sounds like theyve stuffed it up again. You need to go to saintscentral.com.au, NOT saints.com.au. If you go to saints.com.au you'll never find the link! Also, is says in the flyer they posted out that they only have records back to 2005 or something. What a joke!

Eastern
Saintsational Legend

Bono wrote:Sounds like theyve stuffed it up again. You need to go to saintscentral.com.au, NOT saints.com.au. If you go to saints.com.au you'll never find the link! Also, is says in the flyer they posted out that they only have records back to 2005 or something. What a joke!
Thats when their entire computer data base crashed. No-one thought to have back up at the time. I hope & trust that they do now !!

RoseInOz
Club Player

On saints.com.au click on the "Membership" tab for a drop down box, and "My Saints Account" is listed there.
I got my flyer in the mail in Queensland this morning. No hope of returning it by tomorrow. They had me as a member since last year which is not correct. My husband paid for my membership in 2005.

Most people achieved their greatest success one step beyond what looked like their greatest failure.
Our time is now! Please let it be 2012!
Eastern
Saintsational Legend

RoseInOz wrote:On saints.com.au click on the "Membership" tab for a drop down box, and "My Saints Account" is listed there.
I got my flyer in the mail in Queensland this morning. No hope of returning it by tomorrow. They had me as a member since last year which is not correct. My husband paid for my membership in 2005.
Thats why they are asking. They want you to correct it if its wrong. They trust you, whether you're a doctor or not !!

VietNam_Saint
Club Player

Still tearing the house apart lookinjg for cards and pins ,,,

One house move and a tyhoon later i dont know where anything is ,,

On the brighter note ,, you should see all the stuff i have found ,,, bloody amazing although heres a tip ,,,

If you have any footy cards and there not sealed ,, please do so now.

I have this large block of cardboard that i dont think is going to come apart. :( :( :cry: :cry: :cry:

Maybe i could sell it as a set !

What will be next from this club ?
RoseInOz
Club Player

BUT makes me wonder if the database crashed and they only have records since 2005, why only have me as a member from last year. I have had correspondence with the club and they send me my tickets for the Lions games at the Gabba every year. Surely their current records are more accurate than that.

Most people achieved their greatest success one step beyond what looked like their greatest failure.
Our time is now! Please let it be 2012!
Eastern
Saintsational Legend

:?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?:

Maybe correcting many ills from the past in one go !!

Ice Wolf
Club Player

Eastern wrote::?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?:

Maybe correcting many ills from the past in one go !!
This sounds like the kind of initiative that someone who runs a logistics/trucking company might have been behind.

Good to see that something important like club records is being seen too.

saintly
Saintsational Legend

what year was the SOS campaign?

benengel14
Club Player

2000 was the move to Telstra Dome right?
Seems a good event to go by that I can recall being a consecutive member.

St.Dianne
Club Player

Well, I have been a member since 1979 and I have all my membership tickets/cards etc since that date. On the letter sent to me it says 1982 so they obviously have records back further than 2005. Coming up for 30 years membership next year!!!

Ice Wolf
Club Player

St.Dianne wrote:Well, I have been a member since 1979 and I have all my membership tickets/cards etc since that date. On the letter sent to me it says 1982 so they obviously have records back further than 2005. Coming up for 30 years membership next year!!!
Most likely that have fractured records from before it was computerised but have lost most if not all the computerised records.

This seems like an exercise to rebuild the missing parts of the records which were lost or never recorded.

ozrulestrace
SS Hall of Fame

I hope the years you as a junior member and the years my main membership was my AFL membership count, but seeing I was still entitled to a vote at the AGM as a AFL club support, I'm counting it as consecutive. It would come in handy to be able to ask my mother,but as she now sits in the great grandstand in the sky, I reckon my membership goes back to 1965.
It would help if the club had kept all the reserved seat details from the Moorabbin days as that would confirm everything.
Plus do I get bonus points for attending the 1965, 1971, 1997 losing grand finals and of course the 1966 GF?

barks4eva
Saintsational Legend

So the club lost it's data base :roll:

JUST BRILLIANT, then even more galling they inform me our records indicate you've been a member since 1998, when I've been a full social club member before this anyways, just brilliant,

GREAT STUFF, or should that be great stuff up, again!

Fair Dinkum what is going on down there?

Now any Tom, Dick or Harry can say he's been a member for 20 years when he might have only joined last year for the first time and is the club any wiser?

And now the current admin are taking the club on a Seaford safari, what a fair dinkum joke!

The sooner I take over running this joint the better, at least the club won't be at zseaford anymore, Fair Dinkum.

They lost the data base, yeah congratulations to the club and thanks so much for all the details, so we are all put in the picture as to what this implies :roll:

Aside from informing us that they lost the data base and that you can personally now make up a fictitious figure as to how long you've been a consecutive member, what else have we been told?

:roll:

What a fair dinkum joke, and you wonder why we've only won one premiership, well the Seaford fiasco will most likey ensure that it stays this way for some time.

None stuff up after another, if nothing else, at least the people running this club are consistent!

DO THE MATHS AND THE SQUARES ARE ALL ROOTED.
stinger
Saintsational Legend

barks4eva wrote: The sooner I take over running this joint the better, at least the club won't be at zseaford anymore, Fair Dinkum.

seem to remember someone having more that a slight go at me when i said i would run for a seat on the board......and i'd be a far safer bet than you mate....far safer...and far more suitable...imhfo..that is.... :roll: :roll: :roll:

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
Saints-06-Premiers
Club Player

super dooper wrote:
Ice Wolf wrote:
super dooper wrote:I like what Hawthorn does by putting the years of membership on the scarve which really differentiates from most members. The current member scarves to me have no real significance and meaning to me. I'd much prefer to wear my saints scarf from the days at Waverly that has holes in it. However, the personal touch may change that view...

It was unfortunate that they lost all the data, but wont it be too easy for people to lie about all this or can you tell by the low figure in your member ID?

I'd say this is the reason that STK hasn't gone down a similar path to Richmond as people can simply lie to get a top night out and get benefits they don't deserve. Maybe in future years.

However the idea of guarenteed finals tickets after 25 years is brilliant, just 11 years to go for me!! (hopefully by then the club has introduced that same policy).
That 25 years thing has been a pretty safe bet for Richmond though haven't they only made finals like once in the last 25 yrs.
:lol: :lol: :lol: too true, you make a very good point, twice in 25 years (1995 and 2001)
The Hawthorn scarf has its problems too. A few years ago my brother got a 5 year scarf and the next year got a 3year one.

I'm waiting for my mail.

Too lazy to update my username
stinger
Saintsational Legend

why the link to ticketmaster ffs.....

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
Iceman234
Saintsational Legend

stinger wrote:why the link to ticketmaster ffs.....
Could only be $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

esaint66
SS Life Member

I'm annoyed about the consecutive membership idea, but i spose it's easier to monitor. I was a member from 1993 to 2004 then in 2005 my father was sick so i forgot to re sign and didn't go to much of the footy so on my card it's going to be member for 4 consecutive years (06, 07, 08 & 09.)

linz
Club Player

chook23 wrote:Other members in my family have not received their letter.

If you don't receive letter in time...................how do you obtain the passwordd that goes with your membership number??

A closing date of October 22nd gives no room for delayed postage!!

Seems like a last minute idea that will cause probs especially with delayed
or slow mail.................

remedy anyone?
Ring the club

I once spent a year in Adelaide, I think it was on a Sunday.
Eastern
Saintsational Legend

barks4eva wrote:
The sooner I take over running this joint the better, Fair Dinkum.
I'm not sure that any man is capable of running the St Kilda Football Club, & the Werribee Treatment Plant at the same time :roll: !!

hellorocky
Club Player

gee this is frustrating. sat down 1/2 hour ago to do this. Even had the paperwork with the password from the time I registered my account and it says ' sorry, we can't process at this time'.
I'm just hoping the website is working in the morning, these things are usually 24/7 aren't they?

2 from 4 need fixing, I expect that the membership will be experiencing a heavy load tomorrow :x

SaintDippa
Club Player

Been trying all night.

"An error occurred
Sorry, your request could not be completed at this time. "

Is this a ruse to get me really annoyed?

Damm you Ticketmaster baters.