Xavier CLARKE ? !!

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Saints Premiers 2008
Saintsational Legend

he is almost in the category of leigh colbert...he does the 'courageous' things probably when not needed and therefore gets himself hurt doing it...

it might look good but was it really needed???

despite being a nice guy colbert was alot like this

"It's a work in progress," Lyon said.
sainteronline

Saints Premiers 2008 wrote:he is almost in the category of leigh colbert...he does the 'courageous' things probably when not needed and therefore gets himself hurt doing it...

should x pull out of a contest i reckon you'd be the first one calling him soft

bloke cant win :roll:

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

i dont doubt X's courage. he often trhows himself in with reckless abandon.

my gripe with him is in regular contested ball situations he gets brushed aside or pushed aside or to the ground WAY too easily. this is not a courage issue. it is a core strength/body strength issue. no point being gutsy when u cant win regular contested ball - or least be competitive and break even. he always ends up falling over and the ball gets taken away from his zone way too easily.

needs to start taking his strength/weights work seriously if he ever going to be a good AFL player.

sainteronline

Con Gorozidis wrote:i dont doubt X's courage. he often trhows himself in with reckless abandon.

my gripe with him is in regular contested ball situations he gets brushed aside or pushed aside or to the ground WAY too easily. this is not a courage issue. it is a core strength/body strength issue. no point being gutsy when u cant win regular contested ball - or least be competitive and break even. he always ends up falling over and the ball gets taken away from his zone way too easily.

needs to start taking his strength/weights work seriously if he ever going to be a good AFL player.
they said the same about matty lappin when at st.kilda
paved out a pretty good career at carlscum

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

sainteronline wrote:
Con Gorozidis wrote:i dont doubt X's courage. he often trhows himself in with reckless abandon.

err. and your point is???? so X should not work on his weakness because matty lappin was an ok player? LOGIC please??

guess what. matty lappin probably worked his ass off on his weaknesses when he left the saints and got to carlton. you ever considered that?

i mean what are you saying? X will become a good player by magic because matty lappin did?

X will become a good player by working on his weaknesses. thats the only way.

if he does not improve these areas he will remain an insignificant player.

making weird comparisons wont make him wake up one morning and be good by magic.

clarky449
Saintsational Legend

If X gets touched he falls to the ground he needs to get some strength

Follow me for my expert opinions on Twitter @DanielClark93
Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

Con Gorozidis wrote:
sainteronline wrote:

err. and your point is???? so X should not work on his weakness because matty lappin was an ok player? LOGIC please??

guess what. matty lappin probably worked his ass off on his weaknesses when he left the saints and got to carlton. you ever considered that?

i mean what are you saying? X will become a good player by magic because matty lappin did?

X will become a good player by working on his weaknesses. thats the only way.

if he does not improve these areas he will remain an insignificant player.

making weird comparisons wont make him wake up one morning and be good by magic.
Er um, Matty Lappin didn't have any weaknesses when he went to Carlton.
Stan Alves didn' think he was strong enough. He was. No matter what he did in the gym he didn't put on weight, so he worked with what he had.

X looks to me to have the same sort of physique. His problem is soft tissue injuries, not strength.

Old enough to repaint, but young enough to sell
Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

ok if his only issue is soft tissue injury - why was he not slected in our top 22 against the hawks??? he was not injured. he was no selected due to FORM!! not injury.

explain that shakey. or you now reckon you know more than the selection panel and coach???

secondly "putting on weight" has nothing to do with strength - maybe stan alves just had an old fashioned viewof physiology and bulking up (which u seem to have)

you can get strong and no put on weight (in fact that is the ideal).
so you are telling me matty lappin did not improve strength? trust me will find out his charts. i can guarantee he improved his strength a lot.

either way matty lappin is not relevant.

not sure what games you have been watching if u reckon X hasnt got a strength issue. Let me guess. You are telling me hes an awesome player only curtailed by injuries? that he has nothing to work on? that he cant improve? that he just needs some luck with injuries???

you guys can just keep fantasising about how great your hack players are.

i am so sick about hearing about potential an never hearing about actual performance. face facts. X was not injured in the last month of the season and was completely hopeless. could not get a kick. he wasnt injured in his casey games. hes was just not up tp afl standard.

are you saying he doesnt have a weakness in his game? just injuries???
if so you are one deluded mofo. if u reckon x and kosi do not have MASSIVE weaknesses in their game you are deluded. i can assure that they would both acknowledge they have a lot of work to do off the field.

if this if that if this if that.. you are so full of lame excuses. the fact is the guy is not that good. he needs to work hard to improve.

Moccha
Saintsational Legend

Who's winning the argument so far?

Saints Premiers 2008
Saintsational Legend

sainteronline wrote:
Saints Premiers 2008 wrote:he is almost in the category of leigh colbert...he does the 'courageous' things probably when not needed and therefore gets himself hurt doing it...

should x pull out of a contest i reckon you'd be the first one calling him soft

bloke cant win :roll:
some players have a knack of getting themselves into contests where they won't actually win the footy...contests that end in carnage...you might back back into a contest but in the process you injure yourself constantly

ever heard of crumbing x???

running back in major contests with heaps of players from both teams seems pointless

uncle joe
Club Player

I don't think he is good enough fullstop .
Very incosistant , gets pushed out of a contest far too easily , is just a fringe player .
Way ,way behind Matty Lappin in all facets of the game .
Ireally don't think there is much improvement there !

sainteronline

Con Gorozidis wrote:ok if his only issue is soft tissue injury - why was he not slected in our top 22 against the hawks??? he was not injured. he was no selected due to FORM!! not injury.

That's right it was his form, I know I wouldn't be playing my best football if my father was lying half dead in hospital, yes r was playing, but different people react differently

explain that shakey. or you now reckon you know more than the selection panel and coach???

Obviously you believe you know more than the selection panel and the coach, because they obviously want to keep him as he has a place in our top 22

secondly "putting on weight" has nothing to do with strength - maybe stan alves just had an old fashioned viewof physiology and bulking up (which u seem to have)

you can get strong and no put on weight (in fact that is the ideal).
so you are telling me matty lappin did not improve strength? trust me will find out his charts. i can guarantee he improved his strength a lot.

either way matty lappin is not relevant.
Matty Lappin is actually relevant, he actually bulked up when he went to Carlton, not much, but enough for him to lose pace and agility, he then lost the weight and kept playing
not sure what games you have been watching if u reckon X hasnt got a strength issue. Let me guess. You are telling me hes an awesome player only curtailed by injuries? that he has nothing to work on? that he cant improve? that he just needs some luck with injuries???

you guys can just keep fantasising about how great your hack players are.

Maybe a troll slip of the tongue
i am so sick about hearing about potential an never hearing about actual performance. face facts. X was not injured in the last month of the season and was completely hopeless. could not get a kick. he wasnt injured in his casey games. hes was just not up tp afl standard.
See above
are you saying he doesnt have a weakness in his game? just injuries???
if so you are one deluded mofo. if u reckon x and kosi do not have MASSIVE weaknesses in their game you are deluded. i can assure that they would both acknowledge they have a lot of work to do off the field.
Massive weaknesses,no, weaknesses yes, for you to say they are massive shows that you are deluded
if this if that if this if that.. you are so full of lame excuses. the fact is the guy is not that good. he needs to work hard to improve.
and he is actually that good, but yes he does need to improve, mainly consistency, which will come from getting an injury free run hopefully

sainteronline

Saints Premiers 2008 wrote: running back in major contests with heaps of players from both teams seems pointless
:roll:

always easy to see what's behind you when you're running back, with eyes only for the ball :roll:

maybe he should stop and toss a coin

Saints Premiers 2008
Saintsational Legend

sainteronline wrote:
Saints Premiers 2008 wrote: running back in major contests with heaps of players from both teams seems pointless

always easy to see what's behind you when you're running back, with eyes only for the ball :roll:

awareness....the coin tossing is quite a good idea...i will suggest it to him

he is boardering leigh colbert version II

does lots of stupid things which result on him on the sidelines more often than not

sainteronline

Saints Premiers 2008 wrote:
sainteronline wrote:

does lots of stupid things which result on him on the sidelines more often than not
how stupid of him to tear his hamstrings

because if you look back over his record, these are what keep him on the sidelines more than anything

Saints Premiers 2008
Saintsational Legend

sainteronline wrote:
Saints Premiers 2008 wrote:
sainteronline wrote:

how stupid of him to tear his hamstrings

because if you look back over his record, these are what keep him on the sidelines more than anything
so many times he has had to go off in games after collidin with someone/something

Eastern
Saintsational Legend

I'm thinking that the next thing we hear of X is that he has re-signed for next year, and possibly beyond. It might be that contract negotiations have dragged on a bit over it being a 1 or 2 yr contract !!

sainteronline

Saints Premiers 2008 wrote: so many times he has had to go off in games after collidin with someone/something
like said miss 1 contest an you'd be callin him soft,get real

maybe he should only collide with lil players :oops:

Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

X will be with us next year.

I really don't know what the argument is about.

Old enough to repaint, but young enough to sell
Sobraz
SS Life Member

I work in St.Kilda, and see X around semi regularly... He does lots of work at the Mission there, and is a real top guy..

However, he is as frail as my grandma... Frailer actually... He has a hunch back like he has osteoporosis and is very thin and unmuscular...

Its not about inside, outside player or injuries, its about body strength.. X goes to ground far too much, and is the weakest player on our list... He is also the most disappointing... there is no coincidence there... Even other slight players like Fiora, Joey and even Matty Lappin who was mentioned earlier, look tall, broad, athletic and upright in real life... Raph is a real unit...

X looks weak...

sainteronline

Sobraz wrote:I work in St.Kilda, and see X around semi regularly... He does lots of work at the Mission there, and is a real top guy..

However, he is as frail as my grandma... Frailer actually... He has a hunch back like he has osteoporosis and is very thin and unmuscular...

Its not about inside, outside player or injuries, its about body strength.. X goes to ground far too much, and is the weakest player on our list... He is also the most disappointing... there is no coincidence there... Even other slight players like Fiora, Joey and even Matty Lappin who was mentioned earlier, look tall, broad, athletic and upright in real life... Raph is a real unit...

X looks weak...

LOOK TALL those 3 get of the drugs
cant fatten thorough breds :wink:

Eastern
Saintsational Legend

sainteronline wrote: cant fatten thoroughbreds :wink:
Oh yes you can. Do you want proof :oops: :oops: :roll: :wink: !!

sainteronline

Eastern wrote:
sainteronline wrote: cant fatten thoroughbreds :wink:
Oh yes you can. Do you want proof :oops: :oops: :roll: :wink: !!
working thoroughbreds

not pasturized lol :P

Sobraz
SS Life Member

sainteronline wrote:
Sobraz wrote:I work in St.Kilda, and see X around semi regularly... He does lots of work at the Mission there, and is a real top guy..

X looks weak...

Look tall for their hieght :?: :!: ...... 8-)

sainteronline

Sobraz wrote:
sainteronline wrote:

X looks weak...

Look tall for their hieght :?: :!: ...... 8-)
be fair lappin was probably wearing stilletos if it was in his carlscum days 8-)