Magpies out of Cousins race

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

saintnat
Club Player

cousins is hot we should recruit him immediately given our shortage of hotness except at vfl level

Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

Being the rabid anti-Filth person that i am, I firmly believe the following scenario has occured.

Late last week Collingwood became aware that there was every likeliehood that BC was going to choose a Club other than themselves.
Quite possibly in discussions/negotiations with Ricky Nixon they were advised of another Club's proposal and that gave them the inkling they were not going to secure him.

Having unsuccessfully attempted to lure 'big name recruits' over teh last decade and a half and fearing a 'backlash' from their supporter base for failling again, they 'circled the wagons' and decided on a strategy that enabled them to be painted as having decided not to chase BC.

Firstly we had Eddie Everywhere announce publicly and often that CollingFilth was right behind the Commission's view on taking points/games away for positive drug tests.

Then we had the 'leaking' of the story about a PI flying to Perth to check out BC's mates. That story cna aonly have come from a couple of places - the PI or CollingFilth.

Then the leaking of the story and photos in the WA newspapers. WHere would the story/photos have come from?

Now today, the revelation that CollingFilth asked the Chief Commissioner of Police about BC's 'connections'. Ask yourself who could possibly have leaked that story? ONly 2 possibilities - the Chief Commissioner's Office or CollingFilth.

We also now have News reports claiming that CollingFilth 'withdrew' from chasing BC last night.

What an absolute management of the media in general by the Master Media Mnipulator, Eddie Everywhere.

I nearly choked this morning listening to Greg Denham lauding CollingFilth on doing the 'due diligence' on BC. :roll:

WHen will any of the media actually have the balls to call this for what it obviously is?

markp
Saintsational Legend

Mr Magic wrote:Being the rabid anti-Filth person that i am, I firmly believe the following scenario has occured.

Late last week Collingwood became aware that there was every likeliehood that BC was going to choose a Club other than themselves.
Quite possibly in discussions/negotiations with Ricky Nixon they were advised of another Club's proposal and that gave them the inkling they were not going to secure him.

Having unsuccessfully attempted to lure 'big name recruits' over teh last decade and a half and fearing a 'backlash' from their supporter base for failling again, they 'circled the wagons' and decided on a strategy that enabled them to be painted as having decided not to chase BC.

Firstly we had Eddie Everywhere announce publicly and often that CollingFilth was right behind the Commission's view on taking points/games away for positive drug tests.

Then we had the 'leaking' of the story about a PI flying to Perth to check out BC's mates. That story cna aonly have come from a couple of places - the PI or CollingFilth.

Then the leaking of the story and photos in the WA newspapers. WHere would the story/photos have come from?

Now today, the revelation that CollingFilth asked the Chief Commissioner of Police about BC's 'connections'. Ask yourself who could possibly have leaked that story? ONly 2 possibilities - the Chief Commissioner's Office or CollingFilth.

We also now have News reports claiming that CollingFilth 'withdrew' from chasing BC last night.

What an absolute management of the media in general by the Master Media Mnipulator, Eddie Everywhere.

I nearly choked this morning listening to Greg Denham lauding CollingFilth on doing the 'due diligence' on BC. :roll:

WHen will any of the media actually have the balls to call this for what it obviously is?
May all be true... the filth have had a bad few months, all their own doing.

Very interesting quote re collingwood;
But Nixon said they had not been the preferred option for either him or Cousins.
SENsaintsational wrote:
joffaboy wrote:
markp wrote:I also think if we could land him and help manage him to health and success it would say much for our Club.
Thats what a football club should be about. Nuturing their players while at the club.

Collingwood is intent on burning players so as to cover their arses, regardless of the effect it may have on the player in question.
Agree with both comments. Would certainly enhance St Kilda's reputation.

I just wish he wasn't 30 years old but 26!!
Potentially has 3 good years left in him... hammy problems may be over training, or otherwise manageable with our newfound world's best practices...!

In terms of training, preparation and motivation the guy is a freak.

marksnsparks
Club Player

I don't agree with all the posters who say Benny is too old. He seems to be in the same mold as Banger when it comes to dedication to training so why the hell won't he last for another 6-7 years just like he did?

If he keeps off the nose candy of course.

fonz_#15
SS Life Member

saintnat wrote:cousins is hot we should recruit him immediately given our shortage of hotness except at vfl level
that's exactly what we should do

Robert Harvey- Simply the best
Eastern
Saintsational Legend

There is one thing that hasn't come up yet !!

Did Christine Nixon hand over information that she obtained from the Vicpol LEAP computer data base? If so, did she break any of her own rules and/or the law? By extension of that, did Eddie and/or Collingwood break any police rules/laws in obtaining information? !!

Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

Eastern wrote:There is one thing that hasn't come up yet !!

Did Christine Nixon hand over information that she obtained from the Vicpol LEAP computer data base? If so, did she break any of her own rules and/or the law? By extension of that, did Eddie and/or Collingwood break any police rules/laws in obtaining information? !!
Maybe that's why EvertonFC hasn't seemed to be around today?
Maybe he ans his jouno mates are sniffing around the story(ies)? :)

fingers
Saintsational Legend

Christine Nixon spent 2 years in an operational role in VicPol. She wouldn't know a druggie from a donut. Waste of time talking to her.

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

Exactly Eastern. There is a civil liberties issue as well.

Christine Nixon has to come out and publicly put out what information she gave to the Collingwood Football Club.

She may well be in breach of the Police rules of confidentiality. If she told them "none of your business" fair enough. If she gave information about Cousins she has discredited the Victorian Police and mabye even broken Privacy Laws.

This is the big story. Wonder if the scum journo's will have the balls to go after it????

Mabye the mud slinger leakers from the filth have bitten off more thewn they can chew.

And so typical that Dopey Denham wouldn't get it :roll:

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
markp
Saintsational Legend

Hmmmm.....

Mick O'Regan: Now as a final question.... who do you barrack for?

Christine Nixon: And that is that question. I have to give you a bit of history on this, because when I got there, a number of the teams did try and track me to join, and there was one particular team that - we have a police station the same colours.

Mick O'Regan: Can we name names here?

Christine Nixon: Of course we can. Black and white, you know, it was Collingwood. And so they were pretty keen to attract me, and they even sent down an attractive young man to try and encourage me.
Nixon leaps to Didak defence

Brendan Roberts
July 04, 2007 02:15pm
POLICE Commissioner Christine Nixon has defended Pie star Alan Didak, claiming the media 'jumped to conclusions' about his links to the alleged CBD killer.

"It's been quite amazing to watch the way he has been treated in the media," Ms Nixon told Southern Cross Broadcasting today.

"He is obviously a witness for us, but he is a young man who is under enormous pressure and the ways he has been damned without people really understanding what might be the circumstances.

fingers
Saintsational Legend

markp wrote:Hmmmm.....

Mick O'Regan: Now as a final question.... who do you barrack for?

Christine Nixon: And that is that question. I have to give you a bit of history on this, because when I got there, a number of the teams did try and track me to join, and there was one particular team that - we have a police station the same colours.

Mick O'Regan: Can we name names here?

Christine Nixon: Of course we can. Black and white, you know, it was Collingwood. And so they were pretty keen to attract me, and they even sent down an attractive young man to try and encourage me.
Nixon leaps to Didak defence

Brendan Roberts
July 04, 2007 02:15pm
POLICE Commissioner Christine Nixon has defended Pie star Alan Didak, claiming the media 'jumped to conclusions' about his links to the alleged CBD killer.

"It's been quite amazing to watch the way he has been treated in the media," Ms Nixon told Southern Cross Broadcasting today.

"He is obviously a witness for us, but he is a young man who is under enormous pressure and the ways he has been damned without people really understanding what might be the circumstances.

She is useless - affirmative action at its worst.

rogerwa
SS Hall of Fame

cousins can play footy & aint that why we have a footy club, to not only play footy but to put a team out there that has the best chance at winning a game of footy

as for being to old...cousins at 31 next yr would chyt over any of our midfielders we had last yr (hayes the only exception)

sure he's a smug little upstart..who cares
never heard anything against his footy prowess or team oriented play by any of his former team mates covering a career 10-12-13 yrs or whatever it is

as for off field drama's..its a real world out there
99.99999% of us have all had issues at some stage,maybe not as drastic but issues none the less

if ya drug tested, breath tested or sex tested the vienna boy's choir how many of em would come up clean

reasons to take him
can run all day
can run & carry the footy
can break the lines
can kick it 40 mtrs
can hit a target from 40 on the move
can nail an important goal
puts his head over the footy
can take punishment

hayes aside who did we have last yr who could do that...no one

HarveysDeciple

rogerwa wrote:cousins can play footy & aint that why we have a footy club, to not only play footy but to put a team out there that has the best chance at winning a game of footy

as for being to old...cousins at 31 next yr would chyt over any of our midfielders we had last yr (hayes the only exception)

sure he's a smug little upstart..who cares
never heard anything against his footy prowess or team oriented play by any of his former team mates covering a career 10-12-13 yrs or whatever it is

as for off field drama's..its a real world out there
99.99999% of us have all had issues at some stage,maybe not as drastic but issues none the less

if ya drug tested, breath tested or sex tested the vienna boy's choir how many of em would come up clean

reasons to take him
can run all day
can break the lines
can kick it 40 mtrs
can take punishment

spot on. Top post.

Ice Wolf
Club Player

rogerwa wrote:
reasons to take him
can run all day
can break the lines
can kick it 40 mtrs
can take punishment

Hayes couldn't do all that was listed especially the important goal bit.

markp
Saintsational Legend

Would inject into the team some of the hardness and mongrel that's been missing since Hamill left.

May even embarrass Dal into hardening up by sheer example (although if Harvey couldn't...).

Stephen Theodore
SS Hall of Fame

If Cousins got back to anywhere near top form, he would be our no.1 midfielder. (including Hayes)

Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

markp wrote:Would inject into the team some of the hardness and mongrel that's been missing since Hamill left.

May even embarrass Dal into hardening up by sheer example (although if Harvey couldn't...).
Maybe they could become a 'couple' - going to day-spas together, sharing hair product, shopping for clothes together.

I can just see them wandering down Chapel Street followed by a gaggle of tweenies and teenies gasping omg, omg, omg, texting to each other about which shops they've seen omg Dal and omg Ben go into.

Ben might even take Dal down to teh Windsor end of Chapel Street so that he may get a matching tattoo?

Ah! Mentor and protege'

markp
Saintsational Legend

Mr Magic wrote:
markp wrote:Would inject into the team some of the hardness and mongrel that's been missing since Hamill left.

Maybe they could become a 'couple' - going to day-spas together, sharing hair product, shopping for clothes together.

I can just see them wandering down Chapel Street followed by a gaggle of tweenies and teenies gasping omg, omg, omg, texting to each other about which shops they've seen omg Dal and omg Ben go into.

Ben might even take Dal down to teh Windsor end of Chapel Street so that he may get a matching tattoo?

Ah! Mentor and protege'

:lol:

Na I think Dal would get jealous and sick of getting the chick(s) Cousins didn't want.....

Moccha
Saintsational Legend

Saw him drinking a cappucino the other day and noticed that he had some white stuff on his nose. Might have been the milk froth?

Who cares as long as he's allowed to play footy.

If he goes in the pre season draft then Brisbane will pick him up before us.

St Michele
Club Player

Legendary wrote:Yes, don't discount Brisbane in this. We aren't over the line. Vossy has a strong pull, and Cousins does own property up there.

:D
I don't think he would want to go somewhere with only one or two teams. The media would crucify him like they did here in Perth.
Michele

johnpeterbudgefanclub
Club Player

Spinner wrote:I know have a feeling that Ben wont pass the drug tests set out by the AFL.....
Might be onto something there spinner.... :wink: 8-) :wink:

Lips = sealed.

johnpeterbudgefanclub
Club Player

Mr Magic wrote:Being the rabid anti-Filth person that i am, I firmly believe the following scenario has occured.

Is that what it IS??

Enlighten me/us.......

Obvious huh? U in the know? Ok....I'm sorry I should have realised. :oops: :cry: :oops:

Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

johnpeterbudgefanclub wrote:
Spinner wrote:I know have a feeling that Ben wont pass the drug tests set out by the AFL.....

Lips = sealed.
Budgie you know something or you've swallowed the Eddie Everywhere storyline?

To the top
SS Life Member

This whole episode reeks and I find it particularly annoying because of the "management" of media.

We have a report in the media that Collingwood FC have spoken with no less than the Chief Comissioner of Police about Cousins and that they employed their own Private Detective to follow Cousins around and prepare a Report on his "activities".

The first question is why would the Chief Comissioner of Victoria Police give the time of day to this matter - she has enought problems with a Police Force which is corrupt from the ground up, mired in its own archiac culture of self protection and believing its own press reports as to its reputation within the community, a reputation which is savaged daily as every new relevation of corruption and culture is reported?

The second question is why the name of the Chief Commisioner of Victoria Police is mentioned and is it to give "credibility" to Collingwood's story as to why they have changed their mind on recruiting Cousins? How could a Chief Comissioner of Victoria Police become embroiled in this matter in such a way?

The third question is why is it printed in the media that Cousin's has been "tailed" by a Private Dectective?

The inference is that, given the involvement of the Chief Commissioner of Police and a Private Detective, Collingwood has made the right decision to dis-continue its quest for Cousins.

By extension, what does this imply about Cousins?

The problems we have with Global Markets at this time are the result of the absolute pro-business Governments in the USA, Australia and Europe over the past 8/10 years - and those governments have spawned the likes of the Elliott's, the Pratt's and the Maguires' of this world.

Those whose egos are so large that they view themselves as beyond critical assessment and that those who do question them do so because of who they are and their profiles, not because of their performances and their activities.

Look at Pratt, how rich but still conspires a Cartel to fleece all Australians of yet more money for his greedy pockets.

These people are all similar.

And at the end of the day they think they can "spit out" the likes of Cousins as "collateral damage".

How does Cousin's respond to the inferences of Collingwood Football Club and the manic, ego driven Maguire?

He answers by being re-registered and playing bloody good football for a club which has shown him respect.

No doubt the "AFL clique", starting with Demitriou is correctly highly embarrassed by Cousins because Cousins told them of his addiction - their "best practice" detection methods did not "catch" Cousins, over at least 2 years we are led to believe.

Plus what Police Charges have been laid at Cousin's door?

In WA, compensation was paid to Cousins by WA Police.

So why was Victoria Police, and very particularly the Chief Comissioner involved and, more so, reported in the media as being involved?

Because these people live in their own world - and that is why we are in the trouble we are in now globally - the world of these type of people has been unchallenged for just far far to long.

We have had change in Australia, and we will have change in the USA but it takes time to correct the infiltrations, because they have had the time to become entrenched.

Collingwood Football Club is part of the problem, as are Carlton with Pratt as President.

Collingwood Football Club have massive problems with their business enterprise because of the exact same reason the globe has problems - "their" assets, being "their" pubs, are saddled with debt - borrowed to the hilt and worth a fraction of what they "paid" for them.

You can pick these types a mile off.

They may get the media but they are scorned by the majority - and even more so today as the roosters come home to roost and find they have no perch.

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

Mr Magic wrote:
johnpeterbudgefanclub wrote:

Lips = sealed.
Budgie you know something or you've swallowed the Eddie Everywhere storyline?
Oh what do you reckon MM?

Seriously if MCGuire had any integrity or character he would come clean on why they dont want Cousins.

instead he allows that a leak about a PI, then comes out and makes a big song and dance about supporting the AFL's drug policy re competition points and flags (I notice the team's name deleted stayed very vet quiet on this issue) then allows a leak about going to see the Police Commissioner.

It is all inference and subterfuge. It lacks class or character.

But then again Collingwood are the cheap shot kings. As far as they are concerned who gives a F*** if we infer Cousins is still a junkie, as long as we look good to our supporters. Who gives a s.hite if we trash Cousins's civil liberties by going to the Police Commissioner and then inferring they wont take Cousins because they now have "information" about him (something by law that Christine Nixon cant do according to Vic Police procedure and may well break Privacy Laws).

Christine Nixon and McGuire should be hauled up in front of the Ethical Standards Committee because of this victimisation.

Tell me what has Cousins ever been charged with? How many drug tests did Cousins ever fail???

Collingwood are scum in they way they have treated Cousins with their leaks through the media and thier blatant disregard for the mental health of a Cousins.

Disgraceful, especially after the sainted Malthouse came out about palyers hanging under bridges.

What a bunch of low life hypocrites this filth is.

Low and disgusting asd they come. But then again they kept Didak on the books after his association with that murderer last year. Wonder what Nixon told them about his associates??? :roll: :roll:

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)