J Attard #43 delisted??????? **rumour only**

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

mad saint guy
Saintsational Legend

Seems like a good bloke but he's not AFL quality.

borderbarry
Saintsational Legend

I think this thread is a furphy....
He is/was a rookie. His 2 years have now expired. He is too old to be re rookied (I think). If the club does nothing at all he is finished. He needs to be promoted to be listed. Or is the club saying he will not be promoted?

Legendary
Club Player

Destroyed Aaron Davey, Adam Schneider, Brent Harvey, Leon Davis and a few others in 2007 ...

Was close to BOG in that game before he did his knee.

Shattering news if true.

Sobraz
SS Life Member

Right move...

bad luck for the guy, but you csnt stand still in this game... His upside was very limited...

Mind you, if Fiora is kept then ill have to backtrack... Contract or no contract he's just gota go....

FortiusQuoFidelius
Club Player

borderbarry wrote:I think this thread is a furphy....
He is/was a rookie. His 2 years have now expired. He is too old to be re rookied (I think). If the club does nothing at all he is finished. He needs to be promoted to be listed. Or is the club saying he will not be promoted?
Correct... his 2 years are up, so he needs to be either promoted or delisted. If he is delisted he can be redrafted back onto the rookie list as he is still under 23 years of age.

But again I ask, what is the source of this information? I cant find anything official...

To the top
SS Life Member

Taken from Brisbane's Rookie List I believe after getting a couple of AFL games there after being upgraded.

Can not remember his "tearing" any game apart - in fact I can just about recall the number of times he actually got the ball - because they were so few.

The days of so-called "taggers", or players who play their opponents closely but do not generate themselves are gone.

Can't afford them.

One of those players we have to improve on on our List.

Outperformed to reach 25 AFL games but was reflective of St Kilda in 2007. Not good enough to reach the finals.

You have to be very careful about who you take from other sides, particularly when it comes to small and mid-size players. Gram was an exception because of the mid-field he sat behind as a drafted player but few others are.

We have too many Birss's, Fiora's and the like who could not forge successful careers at their original clubs.

Need to give good quality kids the nod and see what they have got.

And I reckon you have to be really, really lucky off the Rookie List, but that is what it is there for.

I know people will say Milne (who came from Essendon's Rookie List to St Kilda's), but whilst we have got games off the Rookie List over the past couple of years I do not think we have unearthed any "gems" - just a couple of good average footballers whose original status as Rookie Listed players was and is probably correct.

This is where the turnover comes from, looking for the exception.

ausfatcat
Saintsational Legend

james rose wrote:might end up a mature age rookie for someone if he tears it up at a lower level?

Can't be he's played AFL

Saint Bev
SS Life Member

Nooooooooooo, I really liked Jayden Attard. Great tagger, with a great attitude and he loves the Saints. Spent quite a bit of time with him at the B&F and he is a top guy. Just don't understand how others remain on the list. Not happy............... :evil:

Qld Saints Supporter Group
AlpineStars
Club Player

ralphysaints35 wrote:Next to go....

Fergs ( dont like this idea but will happen)
Rix
birrs probs
I'd like Ferg to stay but saw him at the shops on friday and he had his foot in a moonboot.

Wake me up when September ends.
Saints Premiers 2008
Saintsational Legend

Saint Bev wrote:Nooooooooooo, I really liked Jayden Attard. Great tagger, with a great attitude and he loves the Saints. Spent quite a bit of time with him at the B&F and he is a top guy. Just don't understand how others remain on the list. Not happy............... :evil:
they too will go, remeber jay was on the rookie list and not the main list

if they have taken a hardline approach with attard we as supporters should expect the same with a few others

"It's a work in progress," Lyon said.
sax
Club Player

Don't know if this is fact!!!
Can't find any proof anywhere!!!

Ralphy
Saintsational Legend

doubt this is true.

sax
Club Player

St Fidelius wrote:
Saints Premiers 2008 wrote:
St Fidelius wrote:
St Fidelius wrote:
He had almost an entire season to show something other than tagging out a few players in one game...
Attard sacrificed his own game for the good of the team every time he put the Saints jumper on...

Didn't you realise that was his role??

I've heard of ignorance before, but your comments take the cake

Yes, with you living in Queensland and watching games on television, I guess you never noticed that
no never noticed when i went to games either...

oh no i didnt realize he was a tagger despite me alluding to it in previous posts...nope...didnt realize it...sorry

apart from the eagles game he was soundly beaten against smalls...andrew lovett is a prime example agains the dons in round 4 last year...being at that game i followed attard around and watched him get towelled up but a hack in lovett...

yep...ignorance...
You comments...
He had almost an entire season to show something other than tagging out a few players in one game...
My reply was
That was his role
Yep ignorance
he tagged well in one game

an entire season to somehow moe substantial than one game

yep, ignorance
Again, He played 20 matches in 2007 and was obviously performing his role given to him by the coach...

To state...
is showing your ignorance IMO
YOU are the most ignorant person that posts on this sight, St. Fid!!!
It is YOUR oppinion or no-ones!!!
That is the way ALL of your posts read!!!
You talk complete and utter CRAP!!!
As I've asked before, have you ever had anything to do with football before?
All you do is look at negatives!!!

james rose
Club Player

JeffDunne wrote:Disappointing news if true.

I don't think players should be cut in circumstances such as this but it's the AFL's list rules as much as anything that make it so difficult for clubs in these cirsumstances.
exactly... i posted this earlier.

people in this thread are too interested in having a go at one another to take note though

Saints Premiers 2008
Saintsational Legend

sax wrote:
St Fidelius wrote:
St Fidelius wrote:
St Fidelius wrote:
Attard sacrificed his own game for the good of the team every time he put the Saints jumper on...

Didn't you realise that was his role??

I've heard of ignorance before, but your comments take the cake

Yes, with you living in Queensland and watching games on television, I guess you never noticed that
no never noticed when i went to games either...

oh no i didnt realize he was a tagger despite me alluding to it in previous posts...nope...didnt realize it...sorry

apart from the eagles game he was soundly beaten against smalls...andrew lovett is a prime example agains the dons in round 4 last year...being at that game i followed attard around and watched him get towelled up but a hack in lovett...

yep...ignorance...
You comments...
My reply was
That was his role
Yep ignorance
he tagged well in one game

an entire season to somehow moe substantial than one game

yep, ignorance
Again, He played 20 matches in 2007 and was obviously performing his role given to him by the coach...

To state...
is showing your ignorance IMO
YOU are the most ignorant person that posts on this sight, St. Fid!!!
It is YOUR oppinion or no-ones!!!
That is the way ALL of your posts read!!!
You talk complete and utter CRAP!!!
As I've asked before, have you ever had anything to do with football before?
All you do is look at negatives!!!
thank you, st fid even struggles with english

Saints Premiers 2008
Saintsational Legend

and understanding that even living in qld...i could actually get on a plane...go to the football and be a little nuff nuff like him and watch certain players and play 'pretend coach' and yell at the players to do things that he would have done in his little dreams of running around with rooey, buckets or plugger

Saintschampions08
Club Player

Was never actually any good.
GL.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Its sad for Attard but lets face it he isnt going to make the difference and we did the right thing keeping him this year. Not worth the punt as he would have taken up a spot on out list. That is the reality of footy.

Dal_Santos_Gal
Saintsational Legend

Majorly shittie if this is true,
I will wait for official news of it before I have a massive rant about what I think about this delisting.

In Ross Get lost!

I am excited to stay at St Kilda and this is a great result for the Club and all our fans. I’m proud to be part of the Saints and am pleased to be playing football with the Clubâ€
vacuous space
SS Life Member

If we're genuine about drafting up to 6 kids in this draft, then there's going to be a serious cleanout. Attard was always a marginal talent. Good defensively but struggled to find the ball and his kicking left a lot to be desired. You couldn't fault him on the effort he put in for the club though.

It'll be interesting to see what they do with Mini.

Yeah nah pleasing positive
joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

Attard is gone - move on.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
saint66au
Saintsational Legend

OK

Due to the total lack of sources for this "rumour"..plus the bickering..this thread is now locked until someone can provide a genuine source for the story

MOds

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor