R. Harvey joins Carlton

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Saints Premiers 2008
Saintsational Legend

he is now the enemy...

see you in a few years

"It's a work in progress," Lyon said.
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

I dont understand how he can join Carlton. Surely they should get ex Carlton players to help coach like we should get ex Saiints players. Please explain.

Armoooo
Saintsational Legend

I love Harvey I always will, I have no doubt he is just trying to gain some experience outside of the club to prepare himself for taking the helm in a few years time... all the best, he may get that premiership afterall :cry:

ROBERT HARVEY A.K.A The Great Man, Banger, Harves, Ol' Man River...
384 games, 4 B&F's, 3 EJ Whitten Medals, St.Kilda Captain, 2 Time Brownlow Medalist, 8 Time All Australian, 2nd Highest Brownlow votes poller.... The greatest of ALL TIME!!
Saints Premiers 2008
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:I dont understand how he can join Carlton. Surely they should get ex Carlton players to help coach like we should get ex Saiints players. Please explain.
because michael voss's father had sex with brett voss's mother
Last edited by Saints Premiers 2008 on Fri 10 Oct 2008 8:41pm, edited 1 time in total.

Armoooo
Saintsational Legend

weasel wrote:he wont come back 2 st kilda, and hope he doesnt. he left us and doesnt deserve 2 come back, glad i didnt buy his book.
Your username is very appropriate... BTW, if you think you're trolling is impressing anyone you're deluded, you're just wasting everybody's time...
Last edited by Armoooo on Fri 10 Oct 2008 8:42pm, edited 1 time in total.

384 games, 4 B&F's, 3 EJ Whitten Medals, St.Kilda Captain, 2 Time Brownlow Medalist, 8 Time All Australian, 2nd Highest Brownlow votes poller.... The greatest of ALL TIME!!
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

pickle_weasel wrote:he wont come back 2 st kilda, and hope he doesnt. he left us and doesnt deserve 2 come back, glad i didnt buy his book.
Excellent post. Surely anyone who plays with us should stay with us. By the way I hope you didnt want to trade a saints player.

Armoooo
Saintsational Legend

pickle_weasel wrote:
plugger66 wrote:I dont understand how he can join Carlton. Surely they should get ex Carlton players to help coach like we should get ex Saiints players. Please explain.
its because he isnt as loyal as we thought.
Do you have the guts to let us now who you support big man?

Saints Premiers 2008
Saintsational Legend

pickle_weasel wrote:
Armoooo wrote:
pickle_weasel wrote:
st kilda, just not robert harvey anymore.
he now isn't a part of us

he now wears that disgusting navy blue shirt

simple

Armoooo
Saintsational Legend

pickle_weasel wrote:
Armoooo wrote:
pickle_weasel wrote:
Saints are the worst top 4 team in history, i agree now, shouldnt have made the 8 didnt deserve it, adelaide wouldve done better in the top 4.
yes i am, no use watching a team who doesnt even try in a prelim and try for a so called *legend* robert harvey.
i aint watching till the end they dont deserve my support, turned it off alrdy.
getting beaten by 66 pts in a prelim final = you dont deserve to be there, face it st kilda wont in a GF in another 40+ years.[/quote]
i aint watching till the end they dont deserve my support, turned it off alrdy.
and im right, if saints r so good why cant we beat hawks? crap team who relies on buddy and cyril and theyre both not even that good players, say hello to bottom 4 next year.
GO HAWKS! i wanna see robert harvey have a lil cry over his pathetic and horrible career, good on him, doesnt deserve and GF cause he stayed at st kilda.
yes i am, no use watching a team who doesnt even try in a prelim and try for a so called *legend* robert harvey.

Piss off you pathetic excuse for vermin...
Last edited by Armoooo on Fri 10 Oct 2008 8:48pm, edited 1 time in total.

JeffDunne

Saints Premiers 2008 wrote:he now isn't a part of us

simple
Yes you are simple.

And I'm starting to think you're not even one of "us".

doristhesaint
Club Player

For 21 years the great man has done the right thing by our club, he now does what he believes is right by himself :!:
Let the bloke live his own life he has done more than his fair share for our CLUB.
He will never stop being a St.Kilda LEGEND 8-)

Saints Premiers 2008
Saintsational Legend

JeffDunne wrote:
Saints Premiers 2008 wrote:he now isn't a part of us

simple
Yes you are simple.

And I'm starting to think you're not even one of "us".
how did all those renegotiated contracts go???

i am proudly one of us...

or are you going to ask everyone here if they have met me like people did with plugger???

Armoooo
Saintsational Legend

Saints Premiers 2008 wrote:
pickle_weasel wrote:
Armoooo wrote:
pickle_weasel wrote:

simple
Pathetic, he is still the St Kilda football club, he owes absolutely nothing to the club, he should have at least earnt enough trust and respect from fans to be able to take a job at another club...

Call me naive but I really do believe that he is building up his skill base for an eventual coaching role at St Kilda...

It is pretty hard to learn how to win a premiership hanging around a place that has only won one in 110 years...

Armoooo
Saintsational Legend

doristhesaint wrote:For 21 years the great man has done the right thing by our club, he now does what he believes is right by himself :!:
Let the bloke live his own life he has done more than his fair share for our CLUB.
Well said, there is no doubt he still has St Kilda in his heart and he will return...

WayneJudson42
SS Life Member

Best thing that ever happened to Judd IMO. Now he might learn how to be a REAL champion who exhibits humility. :lol:

The lid is off after Round 2! Enjoy the journey, coz you just don't know where we'll end up. Live for today and seize the moment.
JeffDunne

Saints Premiers 2008 wrote:how did all those renegotiated contracts go???
Have you got that hook out of your mouth yet?

Or do you wear gullibility with pride?
or are you going to ask everyone here if they have met me like people did with plugger???
What in God's name are you bleating on about now?

Saints Premiers 2008
Saintsational Legend

Armoooo wrote:
pickle_weasel wrote:
Armoooo wrote:
pickle_weasel wrote:

simple
Pathetic, he is still the St Kilda football club, he owes absolutely nothing to the club, he should have at least earnt enough trust and respect from fans to be able to take a job at another club...

Call me naive but I really do believe that he is building up his skill base for an eventual coaching role at St Kilda...

It is pretty hard to learn how to win a premiership hanging around a place that has only won one in 110 years...
im not suggesting he owes anyone anything

the fact is...he is now at carlton...

carlton are the opposition

or should we be thrilled at carlton's new acquisition?

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Armoooo wrote:
doristhesaint wrote:For 21 years the great man has done the right thing by our club, he now does what he believes is right by himself :!:
Well said, there is no doubt he still has St Kilda in his heart and he will return...

If he becomes a good coach I hope he does but do you think Leigh Matthews will return to Hawthorn and do you think their supporters even care anymore?

Armoooo
Saintsational Legend

Armoooo wrote:
pickle_weasel wrote:
Armoooo wrote:
pickle_weasel wrote:

simple

im not suggesting he owes anyone anything

the fact is...he is now at carlton...

carlton are the opposition

or should we be thrilled at carlton's new acquisition?
You still said he isn't a part of us, he will ALWAYS be a part of the St Kilda football club and a dam important part as well, his name is as synonymous with St Kilda as the Barker name!!

Saints Premiers 2008
Saintsational Legend

JeffDunne wrote:

well a while back most people in the forum question plugger66 being one of us...

Armoooo
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
Armoooo wrote:

If he becomes a good coach I hope he does but do you think Leigh Matthews will return to Hawthorn and do you think their supporters even care anymore?
I would suggest that almost every Hawthorn fan would love for Matthews to return to the club in some capacity, just like I'm sure that Richmond supporters waned Sheedy for all those years.

Do you honestly belive he doesn't intend to coach St Kilda one day?

JeffDunne

JeffDunne wrote:

well a while back most people in the forum question plugger66 being one of us...
If by "one of us" you mean "the intellectually challenged" then it was probably a fair question.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Armoooo wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Armoooo wrote:

I would suggest that almost every Hawthorn fan would love for Matthews to return to the club in some capacity, just like I'm sure that Richmond supporters waned Sheedy for all those years.

Do you honestly belive he doesn't intend to coach St Kilda one day?
I dont think he will ever be the head coach of the saints and to be honest I couldnt care less if he did or didnt coach us as long as the person who does wins us a flag. Ask a 25 year old at Hawthorn if they want Leigh Matthews back and they will say why we just won a flag with clarkson in charge.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

JeffDunne wrote:
JeffDunne wrote:

If by "one of us" you mean "the intellectually challenged" then it was probably a fair question.
Glad you realise you are intellectually challenged as well.

BakesFan
SS Life Member

evertonfc wrote:He's given this club so much, if he opted to become Satan's assistant for Hell FC, I'd have given him my blessing.

All the best Harves. Hopefully you can learn some tricks and grow into a tremendous off-field type...before coming back.

For all of you going to have a crack at him, don't forget, SOS is our defensive coach ;)
My sentiments exactly... Harvs deserves to do whatever he wants; and if that means gaining experience at Carlton so be it.
I want to wish him the very best.

Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people.(Eleanor Roosevelt)