congratulations Sam Fisher (All Australian side)

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Dan Warna
Saintsational Legend

don't worry about max, opposition coaches and forwards know how good he is, and thats what counts.

bunch of journo's pouring over stats sheets would never even give max a second look.

Bewaire krime, da krimson bolt is comeing to yure nayborhood to smach krime

SHUT UP KRIME!
vacuous space
SS Life Member

Dan Warna wrote:bunch of journo's pouring over stats sheets would never even give max a second look.
Walls even said it on the couch - Max is the best if you're looking to stop your opponent kicking goals. I don't understand how the best shutdown defender doesn't get the FB spot. FB isn't a rebounding position. Scarlett does it. Lake does it. That's it. Rutten averaged 11.2 possies a game in 05, Glass averaged 10.9 in 06 and 11.4 in 07. Those guys apparently had enough rebound to win the award. Dustin Fletcher was denied the spot in years past because Sheedy didn't play him on the opposition's best forward. Scarlett rarely took the opposition's best forward, but apparently that's okay now.

Hudghton was robbed.

Yeah nah pleasing positive
matrix
Saintsational Legend

vacuous space wrote:
Walls even said it on the couch - Max is the best if you're looking to stop your opponent kicking goals. I don't understand how the best shutdown defender doesn't get the FB spot. FB isn't a rebounding position. now.

Hudghton was robbed.
100% agree.

congrats to chips and roo 8-)

timtam
Club Player

Well done to Chips and Roo! Amazing effort and well deserved!

Maxie doesn't need the accolades. Better to have him a little fired up for the weekend. :twisted:

As for Judd, did you really expect it to be any different? Carlton could have finished on the bottom of the ladder and Judd could have spent the entire season on the bench and he STILL would have received a place in AA team! I still believe they will give him the Brownlow as well!! This love affair the media has with him is sickening. He is a great player, but not as good as he used to be and this year he was consistent, but not outstanding. He certainly didn't lead his team the way Roo has (or even Harley for that matter).

Don't argue with an idiot - people watching may not be able to tell the difference.
BAM! (shhhh)
SS Hall of Fame

Caompared to years past, this AA team is a tribute to evenhandedness and common sense :)

From reading this thread, I can see that won't be the view here, and I imagine that Swans fans (made semi finals, no reps - I actually wondered if Stevie J might miss out so they could get O'Keefe in), or some of the other teams than missed out entirely must be livid too... certainly a lot of forward options (but with Richo picked as a mid, that was always going to be the case), I did wonder whether Freo would get multiple reps given where their season finished.

I would have liked to see Hudghton get the recognition, but the 2 Saints I though must get selections did, so I'm content - which is the first time I can ever remember saying that about the AA team.

"Everything comes to he who hustles while he waits"
- Henry Ford
midas_touch
Club Player

Congrats to Chipper for getting his first AA, a thoroughly deserved one. He has finally been rewarded for his consistency over the past three years, only to now be realised by the wider football community.

Trust the Midas Touch

"My heart is at St.Kilda, I've been here seven years, I only wanted to play for them." (Fraser Gehrig, 27/11/2007)