roo=sheila's effort

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

saint66au wrote:"sheilas effort"?? :roll:

Cmon rog..I reckon in the cold light of morning you might just regret a few things you typed last night eh?

I was almost waiting for "well if we couldnt win the game we should have at least knocked a few of them out"....bush footy circa 1974, which to be honest is where terms like "shielas effort" pretty much belong
yeah, I reckon he must have drank a few watching the game live in WA....

Understand his disappointment, but no way known anyone can label Roo = sheilas effort.

Don't wait for the light at the end of the tunnel to appear, run down there and light the bloody thing yourself!
saint66au
Saintsational Legend

Ali92 wrote:OK you may not agree with Rogerwa but just be aware that over the years, he has put a great deal of time and effort into promoting the Saints here in WA. He's entitled to his opinion like everyone else. He's not your average couch potato...he does a lot for the Saints.
You may not agree with the man but he's allowed to have an opionion !!Enuff said.
Huge difference between saying he had a bad day (which noone would argue with) and questioning his courage, which is just plain wrong

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
Lennon
Club Player

This thread should be deleted and the author warned.

Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

saintwill66 wrote:
Mr Magic wrote: Whilst Roo had a bad day, he never stopped trying, presenting, chasing and leading.
Stuff you didn't see on the telecast because most of it was out of camera shot.
Fair enough, but the cameras would have been following the ball around so the inference in your statement is that Nick was doing his "trying, presenting, chasing and leading" away from the action........????

I wasn't at the game either and watched the live telecast but there was no doubt that Riewoldt had a shocker, probably his worst game for the year, and while I remain convinced that he is an enormous talent, the only way that he will redeem his reputation is to play a blinder against the Pies, followed by the Hawks, followed by the Cats!!!
Roo doesn't need to redeem anything.

He's shown over the years he is one of the most courageous players in the AFL with countless selfless acts.

The mere thought of Roo being soft or cowardly (that is what the term 'sheila' means in this context) is a disgraceful denigration of our wonderful captain.

FYI, Roo was running, chasing, leading, pressuring, leading all day. Whether it got on the broadcast or not is immaterial. Just take it from those who attended that he tried his guts out.
Did he have a bad day - yes by his lofty standards he did, but he wasn't on his own in that either.

I don't know Rogerwa at al, but from posts I've read on here I can see he's been a worthwhile and long-standing member of this forum.
I was hoping that the OP he posted was either a 'mistaken rant' or another case of somebody getting access to his account and posting 'rubbish'.

Unfortunately I haven't seen another post from Roger with an explanation so I can only assume (again) that he stands by what he posted?

matrix
Saintsational Legend

cant agree with that.........

but calling him a sheila??
shesh, he may have bad a bad day, F*** me who doesnt in any walk of life, but like others have said...he tried his guts out
when doesnt he, or a few others btw.