Milney's act

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

iceman
Club Player

stupid by milney?? maybe? but it was the most ludicrous free kick i have seen for a long time.. bloody umpires trying to be heroes.. What Milney did was nothing and it happens 300 times a game. The umpire should be dropped

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

Clear free kick.......ask any NEUTRAL supporter......open the other eye...
if you can give away a free for hands in the back in a marking contest or taking the arms.....elbowing someone in the back out of general play will ALWAYS draw a free......

I will say it again.....totally unnecessary.....disagree with that, you are an assclown

Yes it does make a difference, lack of discipline was why he was dropped in R12.......this was the 'bad Milne' we hate to see......and why he has zero respect in the WIDER football community.....even though his record stacks up.....

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

BigMart wrote:Clear free kick.......ask any NEUTRAL supporter......open the other eye...
if you can give away a free for hands in the back in a marking contest or taking the arms.....elbowing someone in the back out of general play will ALWAYS draw a free......

I will say it again.....totally unnecessary.....disagree with that, you are an assclown

Yes it does make a difference, lack of discipline was why he was dropped in R12.......this was the 'bad Milne' we hate to see......and why he has zero respect in the WIDER football community.....even though his record stacks up.....
What have you been smoking today.Big deal a free kick after we were 17 scoring shots down. Had no effect on the game.

milney044
Club Player

If you actually watched it, the geelong player had milne in a head lock at one stage but sure, that's ok. milney gives him a little shove through frustration and its a free. the pair were going at it for a while, the umpire simply waited for Milney to do something so he could pounce. It's probably silly by Milney because the umps do this to him a lot in front of the opponent's goal, he probably should have learnt its not worth it by now.
But geesh, i woulda pelted him too if i was Milne, they were allowed to do what ever they liked to us all day.

Destiny. It's in our hands.

Harder. Better. Faster. Stronger.
doristhesaint
Club Player

BigMart wrote:Clear free kick.......ask any NEUTRAL supporter......open the other eye...

BigMart u must not have seen the game the push over after that goal was a lot worse and nothing paid.
Ump decision crap any revelence to result NO

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

indicitive of st.kilda......allow poor discipline....

see what Roos does when Barry Hall loses discipline - straight off, cools his heals, whilst Kirk comes out and states he has let the club down>>

Did you see the players look at Milney after the incident......I reckon BJ and Chips were filthy at him, and he looked embarrassed....the Geelong players were laughing at him

Wouldn't matter if we were 5 points or 105 points.....players (some) are working their backside off.....to se their efforts in vain sh*s them to tears.....

say it again....it will be highlighted this week.......no doubt.

milney044
Club Player

BigMart wrote:indicitive of st.kilda......allow poor discipline....

see what Roos does when Barry Hall loses discipline - straight off, cools his heals, whilst Kirk comes out and states he has let the club down>>

Did you see the players look at Milney after the incident......I reckon BJ and Chips were filthy at him, and he looked embarrassed....the Geelong players were laughing at him

Wouldn't matter if we were 5 points or 105 points.....players (some) are working their backside off.....to se their efforts in vain sh*s them to tears.....

our players working thair backsides off? what game were you watching?
Milney's little bump was nothing more than that - a bump and it was not worthy of a free kick, but hey geelong got everything else so why not.
Ross normally drags players for acts like this, yet he left Milne on the ground which to me says he agreed with majority that it was a lousy decision BY THE UMP.

Destiny. It's in our hands.

Harder. Better. Faster. Stronger.
desertsaint
Saintsational Legend

Didn't mind milne's hit and twas no more than a lot you see left alone.
But given some of the decisions was resigned to a free being given.

Ottens (no not ottens - i've forgotten who - put up the elbow coming out of a tackle) hit late in the game was far worse and no free paid - THAT should be up at the tribunal this week.
Also thought max's hit was stupid til i saw the replay - would like to see it again - seemed the ball had bobbled out of the hands before the hit.

Watched the game with a cats and a neutral supporter and all agreed the umps did us no favours in first 3 quarters. Some very inconsistent umpiring.
But as they said...the umps didn't hurt us near as much as the cats did.
Last edited by desertsaint on Mon 08 Sep 2008 1:03am, edited 1 time in total.

"The starting point of all achievement is desire. "
jonesy
Saintsational Legend

Worst decision of the year and that's saying something, fair dinkum!!

There was nothing in it,can't believe you're suggesting him being selfish,WTF???

He gave the most minor of pushes that has zero bearing on anything....., Disgraceful,umpire must be dropped,if not sacked

Bring back the Lockett era
Solar
Saintsational Legend

happens every game, in fact worse happens off the ball and never results in a free kick

have to totally agree with plugger66, didn't make a difference.

But seriously diving is becoming a blight on the game.... doesn't help when the umpires believe that paying a dodgy free thats not there is better then holding off..... it's how they are trained, to make sure they don't miss one....

FQF
loyal in the good times and bad
In richo I trust

2013 trade/draft best ever?
Billings - future brownlow medallist Longer - future best ruck
Dunstan - future captain Eli - future cult hero
Acres - future norm smith
SENsei
Saintsational Legend

Disagree with the OP. That was one of the worst decisions I have seen in quite some time.

Umpire fell for the three card trick. The contact from Milne was so minor that Johnson fell to one knee, it had so much force.

Johnson acted and the umpire fell for it. It will be highlighted purely for the umpire to look like a goose.

Add to the appalling goal umpiring in Sydney last night, and it hasn't been a good weekend for the umpires.

It's not netball......or is it?

Poster formerly known as SENsaintsational. More wisdom. More knowledge. Less name.
james rose
Club Player

BigMart wrote:indicitive of st.kilda......allow poor discipline....

I reckon Milne has more reason to be angry at a lot of his team mates than they do at him... he was one of the few who kept trying, kept competing and kept looking dangerous...

I think in a lot of ways he has been in our top 10 players this year and is a reason we actually got talked up as a chance to beat the cats at all

you want people to get angry at

max
roo
kosi
dal

Owen
Club Player

Any semblance of a contest went out the window with that incident ..

Before - 6 goals down severely under the pump yes - but still competing ..

After - 8 goals down game over the wind was completely out of our sails ..

At least that was my gut feeling at the time ..

stinger
Saintsational Legend

ralphysaints35 wrote:will get suspended thought it was a stupid thing to do,
!!!

"The MRP also cleared Saints forward Stephen Milne for his 'low impact' hit on Cat Steve Johnson from Sunday's clash, while incidents involving Bulldogs players Ryan Hargrave and Shaun Higgins and Hawthorn's Michael Osborne and Brent Guerra were reviewed and then tossed out."

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
Ralphy
Saintsational Legend

stinger wrote:
!!!

"The MRP also cleared Saints forward Stephen Milne for his 'low impact' hit on Cat Steve Johnson from Sunday's clash, while incidents involving Bulldogs players Ryan Hargrave and Shaun Higgins and Hawthorn's Michael Osborne and Brent Guerra were reviewed and then tossed out."
good choice in the end i thought,

philip
Club Player

which umpire was it because i reckon they won't be getting a gig this week end?

seriously, i am not milne fan but he did nothing wrong, committed no foul, transgressed no football law.

anyone on here that says otherwise really doesn't like the little so and so.

it was embarrassing that a senior umpire could get it so wrong and be so close to the action.

philip

p.s. by the way, can anyone on here advise me when the AFL got rid of the holding the ball rule because i saw at least 7 holding the ball decisions that were not given to us (and no, it did not impact on the game, just my frustrations in watching the game!)

Just looking forward to us having a real crack each week, and appreciating the younger talent coming through.
NoMore
Club Player

This is the worst thread in history.

If you bag Milne over what could possibly be the 2 worst Decisions of the day then i hope u don't support the club.

Stephen Milne cops more than his fair share from the so called supporters of this club and the media. He is a big part of the reason that this club is playing finals and i am sick of supporters bagging him.

Statistically he is the 2nd best small forward of the past 20 years so lay off him.

SENsei
Saintsational Legend

NoMore wrote:Stephen Milne.......
Statistically he is the 2nd best small forward of the past 20 years so lay off him.
Seriously. Who is he second to? That claim makes him better than Peter Daicos, Philip Matera, Craig McRae, Alan Ezard, Alan Didak, Jason Akermanis, Ryan O'Keefe.....just to name some that come to mind.

Big call.

Poster formerly known as SENsaintsational. More wisdom. More knowledge. Less name.
WayneJudson42
SS Life Member

Milne was stiff. Max should have known better and deserves a spray.

Oh yeah, Max is a hero and therefore untouchable. :roll:

The lid is off after Round 2! Enjoy the journey, coz you just don't know where we'll end up. Live for today and seize the moment.
Darren
Club Player

philip wrote:which umpire was it because i reckon they won't be getting a gig this week end?
it was shane mcinerney. :)

NoMore
Club Player

ok maybe not 20 years i was on a bit of a rant and got carried away.

But i remember hearing somewhere that over the last so many years Milney is only second to Farmer as far as genuine crumbing forwards go statistically.

McRae = Midfielder
Better than Didak
Stats say he is better than Aker although Aker played most of his career as a midfield. Only really played Half forward since he got to the dogs and they thought You know what we really need. Another small to medium size forward
O'keefe is a third tall
And i'm not sure about matera

NoMore
Club Player

WayneJudson42 wrote:Milne was stiff. Max should have known better and deserves a spray.

That wasn't a free kick either.

Max made no contact

Ottens Melon size head just got outside his base of support and he toppled over

sunsaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Queensland - Beautiful one day ... you know the rest

NoMore wrote:
WayneJudson42 wrote:Milne was stiff. Max should have known better and deserves a spray.

That wasn't a free kick either.

Max made no contact

Ottens Melon size head just got outside his base of support and he toppled over
Can someone point me to the rule that says you can "not push a player in the side during a marking attempt once the ball has made contact"
As far as I saw the ball hit Ottens hands, & max pushed him in the side, causing him to spill the mark.
If it was an incorrect decision I can wear that, but...
Max didnt make contact prior to the ball arriving.
Max didnt chop arms.
Max didnt push in the back.

I have no doubt that it was a bad decision that pushed Milne to do what he did. I have no doubt that Johnson took a dive.
And I have no doubt that Bigmart is a fool.

Seeya
st_nick
Club Player

ralphysaints35 wrote:
stinger wrote:
!!!

good choice in the end i thought,
should never have gotten that far anyway.

St DAC
SS Hall of Fame

The force of that "blow" wouldn't have ruffled the skin on a custard. That umpire fair dinkum embarrassed himself.