Cj and the finals

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Saints Premiers 2008
Saintsational Legend

Bernard Shakey wrote:CJ has performed admirably this year, but we are at the pointy end of the season now and if he has to make way for the likes of X and Ball, so be it.

As for his last quarter 6 possies to McLeods 2, the game was over.
still did it though

if the game was over then why didnt cj take it easy???

case in point

"It's a work in progress," Lyon said.
SAINT JUMP
Club Player

thats what the lions thought, on Saturday night. Carlton win.

Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

Crows threw the towel in.

Old enough to repaint, but young enough to sell
SAINT JUMP
Club Player

thats rubbish.

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

Bernard Shakey wrote:CJ has performed admirably this year, but we are at the pointy end of the season now and if he has to make way for the likes of X and Ball, so be it.
i'd say eddy and gardiner are more vulnerable than cj.

but dropping charlie would effect forward structure, which seems to be working a bit better. it's a hard one.

mad saint guy
Saintsational Legend

bigcarl wrote:but dropping charlie would effect forward structure, which seems to be working a bit better. it's a hard one.
Gardiner was terrible on Sunday. At least 3 times we had a quick chain of attacking possessions and he ended up with it 50-60m out and he just froze. When he eventually decided to get rid of it he'd either kick it sideways or turn it over trying to go forwards. Gardiner is a pretty good athlete and a strong overhead mark, but the guy has absolutely no footy brain.

A forward line of Roo, Kosi, Gwilt, Milne, Schneider and X is quite enough.

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

mad saint guy wrote:
bigcarl wrote:but dropping charlie would effect forward structure, which seems to be working a bit better. it's a hard one.
Gardiner was terrible on Sunday. At least 3 times we had a quick chain of attacking possessions and he ended up with it 50-60m out and he just froze. When he eventually decided to get rid of it he'd either kick it sideways or turn it over trying to go forwards. Gardiner is a pretty good athlete and a strong overhead mark, but the guy has absolutely no footy brain.

A forward line of Roo, Kosi, Gwilt, Milne, Schneider and X is quite enough.
then ball and x in for eddy and gardiner? i guess there's always the option of throwing raph forward (or bj for a stint).

St. Luke
Saintsational Legend

I'm currently watching CJ in the Crows game (sad perhaps I know :lol:) but the kid has GUTS! He's fast thinking and inventive! An absolute necessity during the finals IMHO.

I'm watching this game and trying to keep things in perspective...but by god have we got some promising youth in the side! Birrs, Gram, Jones.....and suddenly Raph Clarke is shining through, Milne on fire, Goddard looking magnificent! I'm telling you, if it was as simple as giving my left nut to see this side win a Premiership this season, or for Harvs, I'd give em both! For godsakes....if we show some passion and some fire we CAN DO THIS!

When they created LENNY HAYES (in the shadow of Harvs) they forgot to break the mold (again)- hence the Supremely Incredible Jack Steven!!
bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

St. Luke wrote:if it was as simple as giving my left nut to see this side win a Premiership this season, or for Harvs, I'd give em both!
we'll hold you to it :lol: