200+ SAINTS players on the ground !!

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

WayneJudson42
SS Life Member

Will be agreat test as to the mettle of Saints supporters IMO.

If we are as passionate as we like to believe, then we should see at least 45,000 people there... despite playing the crows.

The lid is off after Round 2! Enjoy the journey, coz you just don't know where we'll end up. Live for today and seize the moment.
saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

saint66au wrote:Some people just HAVE to have the last word :roll:

Well said Joff and TTSF..cant people put their bickering aside for just one measly week??

Agreed Snoops, gonna be a very emotional day..Gawd I just watched OLB's vid on SaintsCentral and got a bit misty....

Oh..and anyone who boos BBBBH and/or Spider within my earshot...just this once..will have me to answer to. If they can make the effort to turn up then we can make the effort not to be stupid :-)

I'm sure Banger will appreciate it :-)
Agree re Plugger and Cuz - they were about all that was going for the club in the 80's!

Re Hall - it's an interesting one - I won't be booing any of the 200 odd but could understand if people wanted to.

Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

I'm looking forward to this Sunday.
The CLub have shown over the last few years that they are the trendsetters at these type of games.

The Loewe farewell game was sensational and became teh standard for all other CLubs in farewelling their champions.
Then the Burke one was iunbelievable.
I have absolutely no doubt that what the CLub has planned for this week will even surpass that one.

Will we see a Frawley (maybe even Doc Baldock if he's well enough?)talking to the payers again before the game?

Jewellzy
Club Player

Sam Jones plays footy with me for South Yarra FC. I'll probably hear all about what's happening tonight at training.

The Phoenix Suns and St.Kilda Saints should have at least 5 championships between them since their sudden surge to elite status in 2004.

Actual championships: 0
Ice Wolf
Club Player

Mr Magic wrote:I'm looking forward to this Sunday.
The CLub have shown over the last few years that they are the trendsetters at these type of games.

The Loewe farewell game was sensational and became teh standard for all other CLubs in farewelling their champions.
I have absolutely no doubt that what the CLub has planned for this week will even surpass that one.

Will we see a Frawley (maybe even Doc Baldock if he's well enough?)talking to the payers again before the game?
I was at the Burke one, nearly all the Richmond supporters stayed after the game to farewell him off even though they lost.

bergsone
SS Life Member

Mr Magic wrote:I'm looking forward to this Sunday.

Just having Doc in the rooms pre game SHOULD do the trick,yes I agree no other club does this any better

Raven
Club Player

I think I might cry.

The one SINGLE weekend I decide to go on a holiday for the whole freakin' year. It just happens to be this weekend, doesn't it? Typical! :twisted: What an event to miss, once in a lifetime.

Oh well, have fun Sainters. I hope like hell the whole event will be televised so I can get someone to record it.

Solar
Saintsational Legend

Raven wrote:I think I might cry.

The one SINGLE weekend I decide to go on a holiday for the whole freakin' year. It just happens to be this weekend, doesn't it? Typical! :twisted: What an event to miss, once in a lifetime.

Oh well, have fun Sainters. I hope like hell the whole event will be televised so I can get someone to record it.
raven I'm taking my camera and will be in the social club so can get pretty close to where they boys will run out. Will try my best to get some good pics

FQF
loyal in the good times and bad
In richo I trust

2013 trade/draft best ever?
Billings - future brownlow medallist Longer - future best ruck
Dunstan - future captain Eli - future cult hero
Acres - future norm smith
Raven
Club Player

Cheers, that'd be awesome. :D

bergsone
SS Life Member

some of these guys are still playing in the suburbs,getting a quid ,and its finals time for them.what would you do ,play finals game,or go to the footy,all be it for a great occasion.

Brooksy_Babe_24
Club Player

Go to the footy it wins hands down after all the club gave them the opportunity to play footy in the first place

Brooksy I'll never Forget you

AKA Austinn's_Honey & Troy's_Gal
NEVER EVER BAG YOUR OWN PLAYERS

http://blog.myspace.com/sexc_saz
saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/sport/ ... 72,00.html
Nicky Winmar to wing in for old mate Robert Harvey
Mark Stevens | August 22, 2008
ST KILDA legend Nicky Winmar is poised to make a rare visit to Melbourne for an emotional reunion with teammate Robert Harvey. Former Saint Gilbert McAdam was last night attempting to organise a flight from Perth for Winmar, convinced Harvey's celebration on Sunday would not be the same without him.

"To see Robert Harvey play and not see Nicky Winmar there, that would be sad," McAdam said.
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

good work Gilbert

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
markinUSA
SS Life Member

Brilliant! I love Nicky! What a champ!

"Don't give up, never give up" - Robert Harvey.
Ice Wolf
Club Player

Now we just need a camera crew to do a live cross to Plugger.

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

Ice Wolf wrote:Now we just need a camera crew to do a live cross to Plugger.
wonder if they've had time to get some photos to have a slideshow of those who can't make it running on the big screen?
http://www.saints.com.au/tabid/5315/Def ... wsid=66041

12:00pm – Adelaide v St Kilda 05’ Qualifying Final highlights played on big screen

1:40pm – Robert Harvey highlights package played on big screen

1:50pm – Giant #35 jumper unfurled as former players take to the field to form guard of honour

2:00pm – Saints enter the arena and join guard of honour

2:10pm – Robert Harvey tribute game commences

In addition to this, the club has produced 20,000 Robert Harvey souvenir placards for distribution throughout the Telstra Dome which feature his iconic #35, as well as career stats and honours. Tribute magazines will be available to purchase for $10, as will other special pieces of merchandise and memorabilia that can be purchased on the day or ordered through the club.

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

Ice Wolf wrote:Now we just need a camera crew to do a live cross to Plugger.
exactly, great idea.....even a pre-recorded spiel from the great man done the day before/that morning from the middle of nowhere would hit the spot.

But then again, it seems there are a few on here that would get immense pleasure booing and screaming at our greatest player if he appeared on the big screen.

savatage
SS Life Member

I gig every Sunday, it means I don't get to a lot of games & I'm absolutely spewing that I can't be at this one. Going to be very emotional & will be great to see what the club has organised.

All the best everyone , let's make it one to remember for a very long time!

St. Luke
Saintsational Legend

Geeez they are leaving no room for Harvs to change his mind :lol: :lol:

When they created LENNY HAYES (in the shadow of Harvs) they forgot to break the mold (again)- hence the Supremely Incredible Jack Steven!!
saints11
Club Player

Solar wrote:
Raven wrote:I think I might cry.

raven I'm taking my camera and will be in the social club so can get pretty close to where they boys will run out. Will try my best to get some good pics
Hey Solar could you get some photos for me I can't make it :cry: :cry: :cry: