Jeff Fehring

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

http://www.realfooty.com.au/news/news/s ... 34941.html
Sometimes, net fails to catch those who fall
Martin Flanagan | August 2, 2008

ON WEDNESDAY, Geelong Football Club issued a statement concerning the death of former Geelong and St Kilda footballer Jeff Fehring. It began: "On behalf of Jeff Fehring's family, we sadly announce that Jeff tragically took his own life on 25th July 2008 as a culmination of drought and depression."

I don't know a lot about life on the land. Certainly not like the people who live it. But I do know the character of the land is changing around us and while there may be people who have thought through the implications of that, I think most of us would prefer not to think about it at all. So we talk about other things.

In the city, we equate what is commonly referred to as "the drought" with stage 3A water restrictions and when we can and cannot water our gardens. It can mean so much more than that to people living on the land in places their families have lived for generations so that years of stories surround them. When they leave the land, they close the gate on all that, too. Then, for young men in the country, this thing called the future stares them in the face with hard, empty eyes. Two years ago, during that terrible summer of fire we had in this state, I spent time in the Wimmera. In one town, I was told of young men selecting the tree they were going to crash their cars into.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>..

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
Teflon
Saintsational Legend

a truly tragic loss.

“Yeah….nah””
bedrock

Con Gorozidis wrote:man. i was there at moorabin day of that kick - the only day i have ever been in the cheer squad behind the goal where it was kicked. i was about 7.

he cant be old. poor fella.
Gorra
Is that you ?
Iwas standing next to him when he kicked it

Chris Stone

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

bedrock wrote:
Con Gorozidis wrote:man. i was there at moorabin day of that kick - the only day i have ever been in the cheer squad behind the goal where it was kicked. i was about 7.

he cant be old. poor fella.
Gorra
Is that you ?
Iwas standing next to him when he kicked it

Chris Stone
Welcome Stoney, but think you will find Con is just a nickname as may posters adopt "favourite players".

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....