Footy Confidential

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

JeffDunne

He also said on SEN that he didn't agree with the decision and tried to talk them out of it.

Like I said, he might be lying but I don't hear anyone he named contradicting him.

The guy might be a prick, he might have an ego the size of the Rialto, but he's been pretty detailed in his explanations of events (not just this event either) and I'm yet to hear one person dispute his recollection of events.

I'm still staggered Rod couldn't front at court to defend the club against his $100K promise but can find the time to dig this crap up.

Staggered that despite that, almost all criticism gets back to GT.

Yes mark, it is hate.

barks4eva
Saintsational Legend

GrumpyOne wrote: I think Stinger has got it in one here.

GT might have been the last to know, but he was first in line undermining Blight.
Exactomondo,

As Thomas was an uninvited guest sitting in the back of the coaches box during Blight's time as coach, you do not have to be Einstein to conclude that he was reporting to his best mate and the board what he was observing.

Personally I am in no doubt whatsoever that it was orchestrated by Thomas to deliver one result, that his best mate would then appoint him as the coach,

in the sham process, which Thomas has already admitted to.

Just my opinion, but seriously if you can't join the dots on this one, you're incredibly naive.

It is highly likely that the observations made by Thomas were no doubt discussed with his best mate who happened to be the president and the board/Butterss made a decision based upon this.

DO THE MATHS AND THE SQUARES ARE ALL ROOTED.
Spinner
Saintsational Legend

barks4eva wrote:
GrumpyOne wrote: I think Stinger has got it in one here.

GT might have been the last to know, but he was first in line undermining Blight.
Exactomondo,

As Thomas was an uninvited guest sitting in the back of the coaches box during Blight's time as coach, you do not have to be Einstein to conclude that he was reporting to his best mate and the board what he was observing.

Personally I am in no doubt whatsoever that it was orchestrated by Thomas to deliver one result, that his best mate would then appoint him as the coach,

in the sham process, which Thomas has already admitted to.

Just my opinion, but seriously if you can't join the dots on this one, you're incredibly naive.

It is highly likely that the observations made by Thomas were no doubt discussed with his best mate who happened to be the president and the board/Butterss made a decision based upon this.
Making public that his appointment the next year was a sham to all those others who applied dosn't do his 'honesty' in this situation any favours.....

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Mr Magic wrote:
plugger66 wrote:I am confused how GT is doing things wrong in the RB V Blighty arguement. Started by RB then GT is asked a question on a radio show and answers it then Blighty has a go at the Saints and Ex President then Caro has her say.
Let me try and help you Plugger66.
Mike Sheahan interviewed Rb about teh Blight Sacking. It appeared in Saturday's Herals Sun.
Blight responded on Ch 10 Saturday Night.
On Saturday, prior to Blight's response, GT was asked on SEN about the sacking. Apparently he made comment along the lines of (I didn't hear it directly) that he was 'the last to know about it' (the Blight sacking).

Since then some have questioned the VERACITY (truth) of that comment ('I was the last to know')
Last night on Footy Classified Caroline Wilson (the chief Football Writer for The Age) stated certain things that questioned the VERACITY (truth) of Gt's comment ('I was the last to know'). Further she stated that 'GT threatened to resign as Chairman of Selectors unless Blight was sacked.'
And that 'Grant was telling Porky Pies in this matter'.

I hope that clears it up for you?
So what has this got to do with GT. It is still between RB and Blighty. By the way do we beleive Wilson when it suits an agenda and when it diesnt we dont beleive her.

JeffDunne

Would you prefer if he'd lied about it spinner?

I note Rod Butterss did lie about it but rather than take him to task, the GT-haters choose to ignore that.

FFS, even assuming Blight was sacked for the right reasons then who in god's name was going to take on the job? The board and the admin at least knew what Thomas was capable of. How many other rookie coaches would have stood up to what was thrown at Thomas? Besides, I doubt most well credentialed coaches would have even entertained applying for the position.

It's why I don't understand the hate. Had we got the replacement for Blight wrong we would have spiralled into non-existance. Broke, lacking any credibility, senior players publicly questioning the decisions being made by the club. We were a mess.

I do really find it staggering that despite all the administrative bungles made by the club people are prepared to lay most of the responsibility at the feet of a bloke that managed to do his job in spite of all those bungles.

Eastern
Saintsational Legend

barks4eva wrote:
Thomas was an uninvited guest sitting in the back of the coaches box during Blight's time as coach
Well, at least he knew which coaches box to sit in :roll: :wink: !!

JeffDunne

Eastern wrote:
barks4eva wrote:
Thomas was an uninvited guest sitting in the back of the coaches box during Blight's time as coach
:lol: :lol: :lol:

ausfatcat
Saintsational Legend

BTW it's footy classified not confidential

Saints43
Club Player

JeffDunne wrote:FFS, even assuming Blight was sacked for the right reasons then who in god's name was going to take on the job?
That's right.

A club had never purposely bottomed out before. Play kids who are not better than the senior players you are going to unload.

We couldn't have sold six wins in 25 - on purpose - that to any other coach. The plan needed GT IMO.

WayneJudson42
SS Life Member

The only thing louder in this thread than the GT haters who use this to vindicate their stance...

Is the noise by the RB haters who try and argue that GT is squeeky clean, in order to vindicate their stance.

Pot Kettle Black IMHO.

The lid is off after Round 2! Enjoy the journey, coz you just don't know where we'll end up. Live for today and seize the moment.
ausfatcat
Saintsational Legend

They are both stuffed up and they are both gone.

GrumpyOne

Saints43 wrote:
JeffDunne wrote:FFS, even assuming Blight was sacked for the right reasons then who in god's name was going to take on the job?
That's right.

A club had never purposely bottomed out before. Play kids who are not better than the senior players you are going to unload.

We couldn't have sold six wins in 25 - on purpose - that to any other coach. The plan needed GT IMO.
The fact that GT did the good job that his ego said he could, doesn't alter the fact that there was Blight's blood on his hands.

We may have done better with Blight, we may have done worse, but you can't rewrite history.

Lets move on from this said little period in our history.

Pilgram
Club Player

no comment.

my opinion on the matter is that i have no comment to make,
except to say that i have no further comment to make at this stage.

given the opportunity, my client will, in the fullness of time, stand by comments, in saying that, at this point in time, both i and my client do not wish to offer any further comment on the matter.

the only thing i will say is that you may wish to extrapolate whatsoever you may want to extrapolate, however i have no further comment to make on the issue regardless of that matter and nor does my client.

no comment.

stinger
Saintsational Legend

Eastern wrote:
barks4eva wrote:

arrhhh...you still have it mate....pure gold...or should i say.........pure eastern....

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
WayneJudson42
SS Life Member

FFS, even assuming Blight was sacked for the right reasons then who in god's name was going to take on the job?

Wasn't Connoly still available?

Ok with GT in a caretaker possie, but don't tell me that the club should not have been turning over every last stone to find a better coach during his care-taker tenure.

What a load of crap! :roll:

To say that no one would have taken up the position would have to be one of the dumbest arguements I've heard from the GT doll worshipers.

He was thrown out of Blight's box just as he was thrown out of Pagan's box. He lied outright (as did Butthead) about his appintment.

F***, some of you are in denial. Ok, he coached us well. but for FFS... smell the coffee and stop smelling the glue. FFS.

Ok, I'm calm now :wink:

The lid is off after Round 2! Enjoy the journey, coz you just don't know where we'll end up. Live for today and seize the moment.
WayneJudson42
SS Life Member

They are both stuffed up and they are both gone.

THANK YOU... whoever you are.

Pilgram
Club Player

i watched it last night and i noted that one G. Lyon's pet hate 'Tanking' has not been seen as an issue lately.

Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
Mr Magic wrote:
plugger66 wrote:I am confused how GT is doing things wrong in the RB V Blighty arguement. Started by RB then GT is asked a question on a radio show and answers it then Blighty has a go at the Saints and Ex President then Caro has her say.
Let me try and help you Plugger66.
Mike Sheahan interviewed Rb about teh Blight Sacking. It appeared in Saturday's Herals Sun.
Blight responded on Ch 10 Saturday Night.
On Saturday, prior to Blight's response, GT was asked on SEN about the sacking. Apparently he made comment along the lines of (I didn't hear it directly) that he was 'the last to know about it' (the Blight sacking).

Since then some have questioned the VERACITY (truth) of that comment ('I was the last to know')
Last night on Footy Classified Caroline Wilson (the chief Football Writer for The Age) stated certain things that questioned the VERACITY (truth) of Gt's comment ('I was the last to know'). Further she stated that 'GT threatened to resign as Chairman of Selectors unless Blight was sacked.'
And that 'Grant was telling Porky Pies in this matter'.

I hope that clears it up for you?
So what has this got to do with GT. It is still between RB and Blighty. By the way do we beleive Wilson when it suits an agenda and when it diesnt we dont beleive her.
It's not too difficult Plugger66.

GT made comments about the Blight sacking.
Caro said he was telling 'porky Pies' (you know - slang for Lies)

Does that clear up the question in your mind of what this has to do with GT?

As for whether 'we' believe Wilson some of the time and not believe Wilson other times, 'I'm sure some of 'us' do and some of 'us' don't.

I have absolutely no idea whether she is telling the truth this time, but I do note that GT can avail himself of legal action if he feels he has been labelled unfairly, defamed or libelled. Given he has some experience in legal matters recently I'm sure he'll look closely at that option if he deems it necessary.

If he decides to go down that track at least this time it won't be RB or the Saints paying for it.

Pilgram
Club Player

holy s***!
i just realised.
caroline wilson cant take a hint :shock:

Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

ausfatcat wrote:BTW it's footy classified not confidential
Yes, you're correct.
How does one change the thread title?

WayneJudson42
SS Life Member

If he decides to go down that track at least this time it won't be RB or the Saints paying for it.

Amen, brother!

I have absolutely no idea whether she is telling the truth this time, but I do note that GT can avail himself of legal action if he feels he has been labelled unfairly, defamed or libelled. Given he has some experience in legal matters recently I'm sure he'll look closely at that option if he deems it necessary.

Amen again!

Given that he's making more money in court than his job... I'm sure he'll look at it closely :lol: (Allegedly)

Pilgram
Club Player

Mr Magic wrote:
ausfatcat wrote:BTW it's footy classified not confidential
Yes, you're correct.
How does one change the thread title?
I saw an article on Garry Lyon in The Herald Sun two weeks ago referencing his positions:

-MMM
-Channel Nine - The Footy Show
-Channel Nine - Footy Confidential

:lol: I almost fell of my chair

Everyone sub-consciously knows it as 'Confidential' because they know that it is wall-to-wall rubbish.

JeffDunne

WayneJudson42 wrote:Is the noise by the RB haters who try and argue that GT is squeeky clean, in order to vindicate their stance.
Who has argued he is "squeeky clean"?

Again with you, as is the form, adopt a typically moronic line of argument more befitting Pauline Hanson or George Bush.

Just because I think the anti-GT rhetoric is way over the top, it doesn't mean I agree with every decision or thing he says.

My criticisms of Rod Butterss are issues that are on the record as fact. Either admissions from his own mouth or issues raised in the various legal cases.

The criticisms I read of Grant Thomas are predominantly personal, innuendo or rumour.

Feel free to take me to task if I’ve posted anything about Sir Rod, but from where I sit, Rod has just about written the book on how not to run a football club.

But I guess that’s GT’s fault too?
Last edited by JeffDunne on Tue 22 Jul 2008 5:09pm, edited 1 time in total.

JeffDunne

WayneJudson42 wrote:FFS, even assuming Blight was sacked for the right reasons then who in god's name was going to take on the job?

Wasn't Connoly still available?

Ok with GT in a caretaker possie, but don't tell me that the club should not have been turning over every last stone to find a better coach during his care-taker tenure.

What a load of crap! :roll:

To say that no one would have taken up the position would have to be one of the dumbest arguements I've heard from the GT doll worshipers.

He was thrown out of Blight's box just as he was thrown out of Pagan's box. He lied outright (as did Butthead) about his appintment.

F***, some of you are in denial. Ok, he coached us well. but for FFS... smell the coffee and stop smelling the glue. FFS.

Ok, I'm calm now :wink:
I see you've hopped down from the high horse for 5 minutes to indulge in some abusive of your own.

Again, true to form, selective quoting because you can't debate topics on their merits.

What I said was and I quote:
FFS, even assuming Blight was sacked for the right reasons then who in god's name was going to take on the job? The board and the admin at least knew what Thomas was capable of. How many other rookie coaches would have stood up to what was thrown at Thomas? Besides, I doubt most well credentialed coaches would have even entertained applying for the position.
The rest of my post expands on that position.

i.e. whoever we signed, it was going to be a rookie coach under enormous pressure because I doubt any “well credentialed coaches would have even entertained applying for the positionâ€

Saints43
Club Player

GrumpyOne wrote:
Saints43 wrote:
That's right.

The fact that GT did the good job that his ego said he could, doesn't alter the fact that there was Blight's blood on his hands.

We may have done better with Blight, we may have done worse, but you can't rewrite history.

Lets move on from this said little period in our history.
I didn't say that GT was/wasn't responsible for MB's sacking.

Couldn't care less. Just stating that IMO once it was done that GT was the only bloke who could/would take over.

He may have engineered that himself.