Kosi

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

Sorry Ray, but 77.56 inches is 6 foot 5½ inches.

Close but no cigar, to both of you.

Old enough to repaint, but young enough to sell
bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

Ray Broughton wrote:all Drew Petrie did friday night was take a few marks in the backline, which Kosi does every week. Yes Kosi has played like that, in 2005, 3 years ago
he wasn't being asked to play as a key forward three years ago. he's finding it difficult there, imo, and if we had another option there he might be able to revert to ruck/forward, where he seems more comfortable.

Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

Not interested in Kosi being comfortable, just playing good football.

Mini isn't comfortable being a tagger, but he now knows that's what the coach wants, so has applied himself admirably to the team cause.

Kosi playing more for the team than for Kosi would be good to see.
He has been playing as a key forward on and off since his first year.
How long does it take?

Shaggy
Club Player

Bernard Shakey wrote:Not interested in Kosi being comfortable, just playing good football.

Mini isn't comfortable being a tagger, but he now knows that's what the coach wants, so has applied himself admirably to the team cause.

Kosi playing more for the team than for Kosi would be good to see.
He has been playing as a key forward on and off since his first year.
How long does it take?
What is all the above supposed to mean?

Because Kosi doesn't play FF well he is not a team player :shock:.

Simmonds and Ottens were both traded because they were similarly disappointing FFs :D .

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

Bernard Shakey wrote:He has been playing as a key forward on and off since his first year. How long does it take?
he's never had to shoulder the load of kicking us a winning score. gehrig was there and it would have been much easier then with gehrig and riewoldt drawing the best defenders.

he's been much improved in the past month and played a big part in getting us over the line against the kangaroos and carlton.

kicked goals that mattered when we needed them.

was down last week, but no-one, not even roo plays a cracker every week. a very important big game player for us. wouldn't want to go into a final without him.

perfectionist
Saintsational Legend

Ray Broughton wrote:...mmmm Aaron Sandilands, David Hille, Jamie Charman and now you can add Drew Petrie (his one game on Friday night probably eclipses Kosi's contribution all year) without even thinking
Drew Petrie! Drew Petrie!

Played a "blinder" against us! Got two kicks and one of them was in the leg from a team mate.

Kosi is EASILY a better big man than all the above though not because of his rucking ability. Whether he ever improves in that regard remains to be seen, but none of the above has EVER taken the contested mark as consistently as Kosi does.

No doubt, he could get more kicks on the back line, especially if he was loose player on the backline like Petrie was, but blokes who can take the contested mark on the forward line are much harder to find. Ideally, he is a swing player, but getting the 'swing' right in the context of a game can be a bit tricky. Anyway, he won't be there this week courtesy of the MRP or more precisely, Michael Osborne, who with exception of Franklin, has given away more frees than anyone at Hawthorn (and certainly anyone at St Kilda), and you could see why last Saturday.

St DAC
SS Hall of Fame

Batnoe wrote:180cm= 6 foot
183= 6'1
186= 6'2
189= 6'3
192= 6'4
195 = 6'5
198 = 6'6

so he is 1cm under 6'6- that is 6'6
Very close.

183cm = 72 inches/6 foot even.
197cm = 77.6 inches or 6'5 1/2''.
198.1 cm = 6'6'' even.

The formulas are:

cm x 0.3937 = in
in x 2.54 = cm

Pwoit
Saintsational Legend

Just looking at Cons Avatar tells me alot about him. :roll:

Sobraz
SS Life Member

Ray Broughton wrote:
Sobraz wrote:without doubt he is the second best big man (over 6'6") in the comp... Behind Cox, name me another..
mmmm Aaron Sandilands, David Hille, Jamie Charman and now you can add Drew Petrie (his one game on Friday night probably eclipses Kosi's contribution all year) without even thinking.
you sight these players as evidence Kosi isnt the second best 6'6" (lets call it 6' 5 and a half" in the comp... As far as i'm concerned all you have done is justify my comment by naming these GOP's... All of them are average footballers... Two in Sandilands and Petrie arnt even that... Hill and Charman are good, honest ruckman, but i'm pretty sure it has taken Hill a while to get to the level he's playing now... nearly 10 years is it??...

Surprised you didnt name Will Minson as well, with all his 7 inside 50 marks for the year...

people seriosuly do not appreciate what Kosi does when he doesnt have the ball... His crashing packs, inside muscle work..

He has gifted milne, schnider et al, near 20 goals this year without registering a possie due to his body work...

But good to see you underline your football knowledge by claiming King has had a better year than Kosi... Great insight... :roll:

Ray Broughton
Club Player

Sobraz wrote:
Ray Broughton wrote:
Sobraz wrote:without doubt he is the second best big man (over 6'6") in the comp... Behind Cox, name me another..
mmmm Aaron Sandilands, David Hille, Jamie Charman and now you can add Drew Petrie (his one game on Friday night probably eclipses Kosi's contribution all year) without even thinking.
you sight these players as evidence Kosi isnt the second best 6'6" (lets call it 6' 5 and a half" in the comp... As far as i'm concerned all you have done is justify my comment by naming these GOP's... All of them are average footballers... Two in Sandilands and Petrie arnt even that... Hill and Charman are good, honest ruckman, but i'm pretty sure it has taken Hill a while to get to the level he's playing now... nearly 10 years is it??...

Surprised you didnt name Will Minson as well, with all his 7 inside 50 marks for the year...

people seriosuly do not appreciate what Kosi does when he doesnt have the ball... His crashing packs, inside muscle work..

He has gifted milne, schnider et al, near 20 goals this year without registering a possie due to his body work...

But good to see you underline your football knowledge by claiming King has had a better year than Kosi... Great insight... :roll:

Oh Lord....... give me strength.... nah you win

Kosi, although for most of the year hasnt got a kick should win the brownlow. Is clearly one of the standout players in the comp who takes contested marks at will and even when he doesnt get a kick contributes more than people that have as evidenced by his "gifting" of 20 goals to our small forwards. He has lived up to his "potential" and now is taking a stranglehold on the league. What a strange perception of reality some people have.

Honestly some people need a reality check, all this blurting would have me believe some are not only happy with his year but have kidded themselves into thinking he's a genuine superstar.

He is on the improve and good on him but early this season was a liability s o lets just have a nice cup of realitea and hope for continued improvement without all the other bs of being a gun.

Ray Broughton
~Fish Catcher and Saints Barracker~
"When I'm not watching saints, I'm catchin barra wearing my saints scarf in the 35 degree heat - that's the kinda fan I am"...
steph
Club Player

Ray Broughton wrote:
Sobraz wrote:
Ray Broughton wrote:

Oh Lord....... give me strength.... nah you win

Kosi, although for most of the year hasnt got a kick should win the brownlow. Is clearly one of the standout players in the comp who takes contested marks at will and even when he doesnt get a kick contributes more than people that have as evidenced by his "gifting" of 20 goals to our small forwards. He has lived up to his "potential" and now is taking a stranglehold on the league. What a strange perception of reality some people have.

Honestly some people need a reality check, all this blurting would have me believe some are not only happy with his year but have kidded themselves into thinking he's a genuine superstar.

He is on the improve and good on him but early this season was a liability s o lets just have a nice cup of realitea and hope for continued improvement without all the other bs of being a gun.

i cant quite work out whether this 'ray broughton' is serious or not....surely no-one can be this wrong.

do you even understand what sobraz is saying about goals being created for the crumbers through kosi's play. Or is this concept too difficult for someone of your exceptionally limited football knowledge to comprehend?

if you think kosi has ever been a liability, then you are the one that needs a cup of "realitea" buddy. You clearly don't understand the concept of a key forward not only taking a key defender, but creating opportunities for his team-mates through small things that someone like you obviously doesn't see. Eg. he has had 80 contested possessions and laid 31 tackles for the year. just to compare, roo has had 100 CP's and laid 9 tackles.

BAM! (shhhh)
SS Hall of Fame

Ray Broughton wrote: He is on the improve and good on him but early this season was a liability s o lets just have a nice cup of realitea and hope for continued improvement without all the other bs of being a gun.
Can understand those who are dissapointed in the unfulfilled potential of Kosi, but can you please justify the above comment for me?

I've heard it more than once at the ground, and I cannot for the life of me work out how they come to the view. In Kosi's bad games he dissapears... but when Kosi is visible, the Saints play well...

"Everything comes to he who hustles while he waits"
- Henry Ford
steph
Club Player

by the way ray, dont claim "thats the kinda supporter i am" and then come out with rubbish like you are about kosi.

it's all well and good to put on a scarf and pretend you support your team, yet you label someone who plays with his heart and puts the team before his own game every week a liability.

you're a fraud.

Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

If Kosi was a gun he would probably shoot himself in the foot.

Moccha
Saintsational Legend

They used to call Con Gorozides "Fish and Chips"

Ray Broughton
Club Player

steph wrote: i cant quite work out whether this 'ray broughton' is serious or not....surely no-one can be this wrong.

do you even understand what sobraz is saying about goals being created for the crumbers through kosi's play. Or is this concept too difficult for someone of your exceptionally limited football knowledge to comprehend?

if you think kosi has ever been a liability, then you are the one that needs a cup of "realitea" buddy. You clearly don't understand the concept of a key forward not only taking a key defender, but creating opportunities for his team-mates through small things that someone like you obviously doesn't see. Eg. he has had 80 contested possessions and laid 31 tackles for the year. just to compare, roo has had 100 CP's and laid 9 tackles.
Oh please..........

Cant believe they let kids log on at school

Ray Broughton
~Fish Catcher and Saints Barracker~
"When I'm not watching saints, I'm catchin barra wearing my saints scarf in the 35 degree heat - that's the kinda fan I am"...
Saints in 20??
Club Player

Its funny when people claim goals kicked by other people, that aren't even counted as assists as due to Kosi's effort.
Kosi has had probably 2 good games this year and tho he gives his all, it just is not enough to justify his vaunted status.
I actually like Kosi, I met him at a team thing at the beach a few years ago, but he is NOT reliable. The guy has such quiet games and quiet stretches, it is well past time to say that his potential was over-rated. He will be there in some games and completely invisible in others.
It has taken till this year for Jason Blake to settle into a position, but Kosi is a poor ruck and a forward that doesnt kick enough goals. It can't be claimed he is either a FF or a ruck, just a bit of both.
I would be interested in knowing what chunk of the player payments he commands, and compare his pay packet to more consistent reliable players who may get a fraction of his salary.
Seven possessions against hawthorn is a crappy performance. All this s*** about "warrior attitude" is just garbage. He can have all the attitude sitting on the bench. If we are offered something valuable for the guy, take it. Kepp him if he ever finishes above 9th in the B and F ! Now THAT shows his worth.

BAM! (shhhh)
SS Hall of Fame

On the upside, you know the naysayers are struggling when a player of Kosi's quality is the closest thing they can find to a whipping boy.

"Everything comes to he who hustles while he waits"
- Henry Ford
Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

Kosi and quality in the same sentence?

steph
Club Player

Ray Broughton wrote:
steph wrote: i cant quite work out whether this 'ray broughton' is serious or not....surely no-one can be this wrong.

Oh please..........

Cant believe they let kids log on at school

Is that how you try and weasel your way out of an argument? I've put my argument across, and it seems you aren't capable of submitting a logical response so you inaccurately label me a school kid.

clearly a person of substance.

st.byron
Saintsational Legend

Couldn't let this one go by Sobraz without a diagnosis. You've got a severe case of rose-coloured one eyed Koschitzke-itis.

Hille
Charman
Franklin
Fraser
Jolly
Lade
Blake
Ottens
Hall
Everitt

irreleveant whether you like or hate these guys, the have all achieved and produced more for their clubs than Kosi.
On the positive side I think Kosi has been of greater consistent value over the past five or games than at any time in his career ( his purple patch apart). I've been highly critical of how over-rated he's been, I hope he continues to grow in maturity as a player.

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

Bernard Shakey wrote:Kosi and quality in the same sentence?
Who the flower are you and what you ever done to knock Kosi??? :roll: :roll:

What a s*** thread full of s*** posters like this bloke and the Broughton muppet n00b.

Bunch of sad arsed pricks, but as BAM said it shows that the usual suspect downers are struggling when they want to turn Kosi into a whipping boy.

Fair Dinkum know nothing cabbages :roll: :roll:

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy

Good to read your insightful analysis of the value of Kosi.
I'm sure he'll be pleased to know someone with your great command of the language is on his side.

Batnoe

st.byron wrote:
Couldn't let this one go by Sobraz without a diagnosis. You've got a severe case of rose-coloured one eyed Koschitzke-itis.

Hille
Charman
Franklin
Fraser
Jolly
Lade
Blake
Ottens
Hall
Everitt

irreleveant whether you like or hate these guys, the have all achieved and produced more for their clubs than Kosi.
On the positive side I think Kosi has been of greater consistent value over the past five or games than at any time in his career ( his purple patch apart). I've been highly critical of how over-rated he's been, I hope he continues to grow in maturity as a player.

as we are only talking about 6'6 and over- Kosi doesnt even reach that height remember

Kosi is 197cm
Charman is 197cm
Franklin is 196
Hall 195cm

Blake- he doesnt really do much, all he does is win some tap outs, i think if it wasnt for Geelongs midfield he wouldnt look good at all, just like Clark Keating and Beau McDonald, their midfield made them look ok

Batnoe

Ray Broughton wrote:
Batnoe wrote:
Ray Broughton wrote:
mmmm Aaron Sandilands, David Hille, Jamie Charman and now you can add Drew Petrie (his one game on Friday night probably eclipses Kosi's contribution all year) without even thinking. Anyone that thinks Kosi is "clearly" the second best big man in the comp (btw Kosi isnt 6'6" anyway) is "clearly" from another planet and has no knowledge of the game outside StK. Even within our ranks Steven King has had a better season than Kosi so you dont have to look to far.
Sobraz wrote:I'd increase it now til the end of 2012...
Agree, also give GT another 300k to keep quiet and pay his parking fines while you're at it.... Has such an injury free record to warrant a long term 4 year deal...

He's playing better (not hard as he was woeful for a long time) and I hope he continues, lets not get too carried away labelling him the second best big man in the league.

so what does 197cm equal to you you nuff?

180cm= 6 foot
183= 6'1
186= 6'2
189= 6'3
192= 6'4
195 = 6'5
198 = 6'6

so he is 1cm under 6'6- that is 6'6

You think Drew Petrie is better than Kosi? that is Petrie's best game he has ever played and took a few contested marks in the backline, i have seen Kosi do that every week

Steven King has had a better year than Kosi- work out how many minutes Kosi has played in the ruck this year compared to King, remember when Gardi and King were playing, Kosi was forward
Nuff ? Whatever way you try and twist it d@#khead the fact remains he is NOT 6'6" so Id be a tad more careful who you are labelling a nuff then back up with arguments such as Kosi is 6'6' but under and all Drew Petrie did friday night was take a few marks in the backline, which Kosi does every week. Yes Kosi has played like that, in 2005, 3 years ago.

Oh and here's a math lesson for you tard.

1 centimeter = 0.393700787 inches

197 x 0.393700787 = 77.56 inches

77.56 inches/12 = 6' 4.6"

Not quite 6'6" is it you knob.

Not that I think its important how tall he is, just replying to the post.

As I said before I hope he continues his resurgence and becomes a dominant player.
So he is half an inch below 6'6- how many times have you heard 200cm players being called 6'8 and Peter Everitt at 6'10 as 203cm

Are you going to call them up and say' Oi dick wad, you got the measurements wrong?

Ray Broughton, what have you 'brought on' this forum other than you being some clown!