Fiora..

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

Saints Premiers 2008 wrote:
stinger wrote:
Devilhead wrote:Give it a rest fellas - lets get behind the team - this is a huge game for us!!

Carna the Saints!! :twisted:
i'm with you...but this lot has to have someone to sledge.....if it's not blake or raph...it's fiora or jones...or gilbert....or gram........ or gwilt...or...etc... etc......give you the sh!ts......

...hey guys...got some news for you ......fiora is something none of you ever will be.....a st kilda footballer.....

...ffs..... :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
game set match
rubbish argument. if that is the case we may as well shut down the site.

Is fiora better at footy than me? Yes. SO what. ANyone who plays AFL is obviously a good player. But we are only here to discuss their ability at AFL level.

otherwise whats the point of this website? we dont discuss champs dominating the EFL or the Ovens and Murray League FFS.

WayneJudson42
SS Life Member

so I will support him full heartedly, but that doesn't mean he should be there.

BS! you won't support him. You'll be hoping he has a shocker, so you can get on here after the game and give him more Shyt.

Obviously, the coach watches him and knows better. do u really think that RL is THAT stupid?

How would you feel if Riewoldt, Harvey, Hayes, Ball etc. etc. were dropped for the likes of Rix and co. would you be happy about that? afterall they are still one of ours...

Irrelevant...

1- who did we drop? Gwilt (everyone reckins he's crap) and Allen. Done SFA. So are u saying that Gwilt and Allen should not have been dropped? On what basis?

2- If anyone desrves to be dropped, I'll leave it up to the coach to decide, coz I'm on the outside looking in, and don't have a farkin clue what goes inside the inner sanctum.

You obviously hate the guy, so good luck to you.

I'm no fan of Fiora, and his future is in his hands. BUT I will give him 100% unconditional support. That's what Fortius Quo Fidelius is all about, my friend.

He's not the first, and not the last player who'll play porrly for this club.

The lid is off after Round 2! Enjoy the journey, coz you just don't know where we'll end up. Live for today and seize the moment.
WayneJudson42
SS Life Member

CG, if we talk about footy skill, then ok. But look at some of the hysterical, emotional comments posted about him.

The lid is off after Round 2! Enjoy the journey, coz you just don't know where we'll end up. Live for today and seize the moment.
saint66au
Saintsational Legend

stinger wrote:
Devilhead wrote:Give it a rest fellas - lets get behind the team - this is a huge game for us!!

i'm with you...but this lot has to have someone to sledge.....if it's not blake or raph...it's fiora or jones...or gilbert....or gram........ or gwilt...or...etc... etc......give you the sh!ts......

...hey guys...got some news for you ......fiora is something none of you ever will be.....a st kilda footballer.....

wise words stinger..wise words...

I hope Fizz playes a blinder, mainly cos he is representing the St Kilda FC, but just a little bit so I can fire up this thread at about midnight on Saturday and ram it down the throat of a few people on here!!

Disagree with his selection if you must, but ffs, squib? soft? God he'd have got better treatment at PRE in his RIchmond days..and thats a massive call!!
Last edited by saint66au on Thu 17 Jul 2008 10:19pm, edited 1 time in total.

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
stinger
Saintsational Legend

Con Gorozidis wrote:
stinger wrote: he's there for a reason all right....with him and schneider added to the team we have effectively 13 players to rotate through the midfioeld........ross is going to serve it right up to the dorks.....

oh those dorks will be so scared having to face fiora and schneider. im sure they are losing sleep.

time will tell i suppose...i hope you all end up with egg on your faces....but then again...you could be right...and the coaching staff could be wrong......hardly likely.....but you never know :wink: :lol:

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

Eastern wrote:When Fizzer runs out on to the dome on Saturday night I will be rooting for him just as hard as I will be rooting for the other 21 guys who will be representing our club !!
so will i. doesnt mean i have to hear the same old crap about his mythical probing kick and pace.

im just hoping he can contribute and play a role as a team-man in a winning team like the other 21 guys.

i actually dont even mind fizz. i think he is just one those guys that suffers from unfair expectations through not fault of his own. as long as he does a job ill be happy.
Last edited by Con Gorozidis on Thu 17 Jul 2008 10:34pm, edited 2 times in total.

stinger
Saintsational Legend

Con Gorozidis wrote:
Saints Premiers 2008 wrote:
stinger wrote:

game set match
rubbish argument. if that is the case we may as well shut down the site.

Is fiora better at footy than me? Yes. SO what. ANyone who plays AFL is obviously a good player. But we are only here to discuss their ability at AFL level.

otherwise whats the point of this website? we dont discuss champs dominating the EFL or the Ovens and Murray League FFS.

i actually thought it was a saints supporters forum...you know...a forum were the supporters actually support the team...and the players....silly me..... :roll: :roll: :roll:

Armoooo
Saintsational Legend

WayneJudson42 wrote:so I will support him full heartedly, but that doesn't mean he should be there.

BS! you won't support him. You'll be hoping he has a shocker, so you can get on here after the game and give him more Shyt.

Obviously, the coach watches him and knows better. do u really think that RL is THAT stupid?

How would you feel if Riewoldt, Harvey, Hayes, Ball etc. etc. were dropped for the likes of Rix and co. would you be happy about that? afterall they are still one of ours...

Irrelevant...

1- who did we drop? Gwilt (everyone reckins he's crap) and Allen. Done SFA. So are u saying that Gwilt and Allen should not have been dropped? On what basis?

2- If anyone desrves to be dropped, I'll leave it up to the coach to decide, coz I'm on the outside looking in, and don't have a farkin clue what goes inside the inner sanctum.

You obviously hate the guy, so good luck to you.

I'm no fan of Fiora, and his future is in his hands. BUT I will give him 100% unconditional support. That's what Fortius Quo Fidelius is all about, my friend.

He's not the first, and not the last player who'll play porrly for this club.
I am a St Kilda supporter first and foremost, I don't care what anyone on here thinks of me.

I really do hope Fiora has a good game and if he does I promise I will come on this thread and admit that I was wrong.
And you've missed the point with my other arguement, I was just saying we don't need to be so complacent, we shouldn't be happy just because they're all St Kilda players... We want our best 22 players out there and we shouldn't be happy with any old selection just because they're all from the same club..,

ROBERT HARVEY A.K.A The Great Man, Banger, Harves, Ol' Man River...
384 games, 4 B&F's, 3 EJ Whitten Medals, St.Kilda Captain, 2 Time Brownlow Medalist, 8 Time All Australian, 2nd Highest Brownlow votes poller.... The greatest of ALL TIME!!
BAM! (shhhh)
SS Hall of Fame

When I saw the selection, I was expecting so much more venom in this thread.

I'm surprised, because I thought he was done... but I suppose at the end of the day, the best game of Fiora's career is far better than the best of Geary or Birss. I don't know about Casey form, but to win we're going to need our best... so...

"Everything comes to he who hustles while he waits"
- Henry Ford
WayneJudson42
SS Life Member

Read my post again, please.

I'm clueless who's in our best 22. Coz I'm not privvy.

Are you? Mate, it's not the fact that we can debate how good a player he is, it's the nasty crap that people come out with. Unnecessary.

I don't settle for mediocrity. But I have to keep the faith with the coach to make the correct call.

Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

Fizz played his best football last year.

He has been shocking this year. His supposed long kicking skills have been nowhere to be seen.

The only reason he and Schneider are in this week must be to run as many as possible through the midfield.

Old enough to repaint, but young enough to sell
WayneJudson42
SS Life Member

BTW, despite what all of us experts say, he's been named as an emergency for quite a few times. He's obviously worked his butt off and finaly earned a recall. What's wrong with that?

Other players should not be selected ahead of him simply because a few of us don't rate him.

Nuff said :wink:

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

We argue who should and shouldnt be in but does anyone on here know what role Fizz has Saturday. I doubt it and does anyone here think they know the players better than RL I doubt it and does anyone here think they can coach better than RL I doubt it.

Let him coach the side and see what happens. My guess is he will go better than Jimmy did last week.

stinger
Saintsational Legend

Bernard Shakey wrote:Fizz played his best football last year.

He has been shocking this year. His supposed long kicking skills have been nowhere to be seen.

The only reason he and Schneider are in this week must be to run as many as possible through the midfield.
at least you have some clues....

...we usually have to wait until after the game before the players get bagged...this is a new high....i mean low...... :roll: :roll: :roll:

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

What this thread does show us is racism had nothing to do with bagging Jimmy and Raph because this is far worse.

markp
Saintsational Legend

Go Fizz!! :D

Armoooo
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:We argue who should and shouldnt be in but does anyone on here know what role Fizz has Saturday. I doubt it and does anyone here think they know the players better than RL I doubt it and does anyone here think they can coach better than RL I doubt it.

Let him coach the side and see what happens. My guess is he will go better than Jimmy did last week.
I agree that he will probably do better than Gwilt, however would he do better than Birss, I don't believe so. Atleast Gwilt freed up Gram into the midfield.
plugger66 wrote:What this thread does show us is racism had nothing to do with bagging Jimmy and Raph because this is far worse.
What? :?

384 games, 4 B&F's, 3 EJ Whitten Medals, St.Kilda Captain, 2 Time Brownlow Medalist, 8 Time All Australian, 2nd Highest Brownlow votes poller.... The greatest of ALL TIME!!
jackal
Club Player

Sorry guys to enter this b!tch fight but I must say that the word on the street (or more accurately this forum and official media sources) stated that both players went ok in the 2's last week and do have some runs on the board.

I understand that Allen is out of form and a little lost in the 1's at the moment but all it would have taken was an opposition coach to give him no respect and he could kick 3 or 4 playing up forward. I certainly don't want to see Gram, Goddard and Fisher playing deep behind the ball as they have been morwe effective in the midfield the last few weeks.

saint66au
Saintsational Legend

HOLD THE PRESSES!!!!

Apparently Ross Lyon will be hoplding a presser 9am tomorrow to formally change the team and omit Fiora for Birss, citing overwhelming evidence from the more knowledgable posters at SS

He apologises for not checking with you all before the side was published, and promises it wil never happen again.

As of next week, a "this weeks team" thread will be started on the morning after the preceding game. This will be the basis for the Match Committee team selection meetings during the week.

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
stinger
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:What this thread does show us is racism had nothing to do with bagging Jimmy and Raph because this is far worse.

just another factor mate.....maybe they're simply jealous he has better equipment than them...... :wink: :wink: :lol: :lol: :lol:

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Armoooo wrote:
plugger66 wrote:We argue who should and shouldnt be in but does anyone on here know what role Fizz has Saturday. I doubt it and does anyone here think they know the players better than RL I doubt it and does anyone here think they can coach better than RL I doubt it.

I agree that he will probably do better than Gwilt, however would he do better than Birss, I don't believe so. Atleast Gwilt freed up Gram into the midfield.
What? :?
Do you know what role he is going to do and if Birss could do that role as well. RL does and picked Fizz.

With the other post people were saying that there were racist overtones in a post bagging Jimmy. I was pointing out this was worse and I am pretty sure Fizz is white. People bag anyone on here whether they are black white yellow or green.

Armoooo
Saintsational Legend

saint66au wrote:HOLD THE PRESSES!!!!

Apparently Ross Lyon will be hoplding a presser 9am tomorrow to formally change the team and omit Fiora for Birss, citing overwhelming evidence from the more knowledgable posters at SS

He apologises for not checking with you all before the side was published, and promises it wil never happen again.

As of next week, a "this weeks team" thread will be started on the morning after the preceding game. This will be the basis for the Match Committee team selection meetings during the week.
I'll pay that :lol:

maverick
Saintsational Legend

Well it wouldn't be the first time RL was influenced from supporters, he said so himself in the HS earlier in the year :shock:

stinger
Saintsational Legend

gold mate....no.... platinum..... :wink: :wink: :lol: :lol: :lol:

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

Look like most I was surprised.....

However Schneider + Fiora is greater than Gwilt + Allen in terms of where thos players are at right hear and now.

So in terms of our 22 we have a stronger team than last week.

So lets look at the positive.

Birrs yes would seem to have been stiff.....but Mini perhaps has taken his spot in the team.....and no doubt in the structure and matach-ups that Ross is looking to employ for this game he has looked to injecta bit mor pace and run.

This in turn means a bit more attack...which should make many happy.

Go the Saints.... I reckon this weekend will seea fabulous game.
Last edited by saintsRrising on Thu 17 Jul 2008 11:09pm, edited 1 time in total.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....