Proof that Ross Lyon cannot coach!

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

Oh....OK, I am VERY SORRY.....I was wrong to bag the first quarter.....

If that's what you want.....

STSUZIE

why the 1st quarter is often messy.

As many teams know our ability to push on with the game in the 2nd, 3rd, and 4th Qs. and run over them by the end of the game. Teams like North and Essendon etc, TRY TO HAVE A BIG GOAL FIRST QUARTER.. I usually find they burn out.

skeptic
Saintsational Legend

lol despite the vast difference in opinion, note which forumites are interested in debate and which ones went straight for the name calling

STSUZIE

skeptic

Name calling and negative game outlook is all alot of St kilda supporters seem to know. We can"t expect to win everything during the year when we have mainly played teams in the top eight..
HAVE FAITH AND BELIEVE OR BURN.....GO SAINTS!!!!!!!

Huzzad
Club Player

Lyon on the first quater...

[quote]On an evening where his players showed plenty of resolve, the coach too was willing to stand up and be counted.

The almost painful first quarter where the Saints played with less and less confidence and failed to kick a goal stopped with him.

“I take responsibility for the first quarter,â€

www.wikisaints.com - Your Online St Kilda Encyclopedia!

www.truesainters.com - A Friendly Forum Alternative

http://truesainters.wordpress.com - Player of the Round articles, match previews and reviews
Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

BigMart wrote:Oh....OK, I am VERY SORRY.....I was wrong to bag the first quarter.....

If that's what you want.....
No, it was wrong of you to give up on them after only one quarter.

But I gotta say, you're wearing the goat horns with some dignity.

Saints43
Club Player

To be fair...

The team structure was massively different from the first quarter to the second. And again in the second half.

I'm pretty sure there are plenty of us who were not very happy with the opening quarter and a half.

Shaggy
Club Player

[quote="Huzzad"]Lyon on the first quater...

[quote]On an evening where his players showed plenty of resolve, the coach too was willing to stand up and be counted.

The almost painful first quarter where the Saints played with less and less confidence and failed to kick a goal stopped with him.

“I take responsibility for the first quarter,â€

Spinner
Saintsational Legend

Seriously. It is performances like that, that make the average supporter wonder why we played so badly against better opposition.

That was not a great win. We played badly for two quarters, and any decent side would have ensured we were put away for the rest of the match.

Yes awesome to win, fantastic. But it really does surprise me that supporters think that that 'W' next to our scoreline indicates that everything is perfect, with no improvement or element of luck required.

Then we lose, and nobody has answers.

Huzzad
Club Player

Spinner wrote:Seriously. It is performances like that, that make the average supporter wonder why we played so badly against better opposition.

That was not a great win. We played badly for two quarters, and any decent side would have ensured we were put away for the rest of the match.

Yes awesome to win, fantastic. But it really does surprise me that supporters think that that 'W' next to our scoreline indicates that everything is perfect, with no improvement or element of luck required.

I do not think anyone believes we are out of the woods and back in premiership contention. I think we are all just happy we got over the line. Coming from 31-points down to win by 15 after such a horrid start is not a bad effort. Kudos to the boys for getting their act together and having the heart and courage to bring the game back around and win it when it is there for the taking.

Yes, we have serious problems. I do not think anyone here disputes that. But credit where it is due. We did well tonight, critics were against us and in all rights we could have lost. But we didn't. I'll take a gutsy win anyday over an apathetic loss. We do not fix problems immediatly, but we stood up tonight and that is a big start.

Having rose-coloured glasses is one thing, but so is acting like Eeyore everytime we win. We know what is wrong. Let there be praises where praises are due.

www.wikisaints.com - Your Online St Kilda Encyclopedia!

www.truesainters.com - A Friendly Forum Alternative

http://truesainters.wordpress.com - Player of the Round articles, match previews and reviews
Spinner
Saintsational Legend

Huzzad wrote:
Spinner wrote:Seriously. It is performances like that, that make the average supporter wonder why we played so badly against better opposition.

I do not think anyone believes we are out of the woods and back in premiership contention. I think we are all just happy we got over the line. Coming from 31-points down to win by 15 after such a horrid start is not a bad effort. Kudos to the boys for getting their act together and having the heart and courage to bring the game back around and win it when it is there for the taking.

Yes, we have serious problems. I do not think anyone here disputes that. But credit where it is due. We did well tonight, critics were against us and in all rights we could have lost. But we didn't. I'll take a gutsy win anyday over an apathetic loss. We do not fix problems immediatly, but we stood up tonight and that is a big start.

Having rose-coloured glasses is one thing, but so is acting like Eeyore everytime we win. We know what is wrong. Let there be praises where praises are due.
Thanks for reiterating what I just said.....

Milan Faletic
Saintsational Legend

Re: Proof that Ross Lyon cannot coach!

BigMart wrote:The first Quarter of this game....

Whilst Kosi is fwd....yes play Nick on the wing...

When Kosi is on the ball.....play Nick fwd....

Four times, they spoiled each other.....twice marking, once in the ruck, and on the ground once......

Ross - a fwd line IS important....to win you need to kick a goal or two...it ISN'T only about stopping your opponent....are you absolutely CLUELESS..

Hopefully the players do not listen to this negative moron.....forget their opponents occasionally and take a chance and be offensive.....

Nick Dal Santo is a reason people go to the footy.....why turn him into a Brett Kirk

You are Embarrassing yourself, the club and the players
I understand your anger, I felt it too.

He fixed the forward structure but more importantly the players got off their backsides and contested the ball. My criticism of Lyon is that the players don't seem motivated 100% of the time. Is that the coach's fault or the players' collective faults? I don't know...only they can answer that. I am just bloody happy about the last two weeks...particularly the fight and heart. Now if we can work on the skill level we are still a chance. 8 games to go. 5 wins minimum but any more than that and we may be a chance. Add Hayes, Schneider, Baker and X.Clarke to the team and we are ok. McEvoy, M.Gardiner and Birss as well.

Otiman
Saintsational Legend

Milan Faletic wrote:Add Hayes, Schneider, Baker and X.Clarke to the team and we are ok. McEvoy, M.Gardiner and Birss as well.
Who do you drop for them?

Milan Faletic
Saintsational Legend

Otiman wrote:
Milan Faletic wrote:Add Hayes, Schneider, Baker and X.Clarke to the team and we are ok. McEvoy, M.Gardiner and Birss as well.
Who do you drop for them?
Dunno but isn't that a good position to be in?

Better than losing to the Smegpies when we shouldn't have.

matrix
Saintsational Legend

f*** me im happy we friggin won. (because i didnt think we would)
ive only just got in.
had a gut full of piss (very unlike moi)
didnt see the game.
didnt hear the game.
got up dates every 4-5 mins via fox
know nothing about the game at all.
sounds like it might have been an 'ugly'(?) win. (only seen fox quick highlights)
but f****** hell.....people, are we back in the 8???

i think we are 8-)

are we gonna f****** smash carlton in a couple of weeks.....
i think we might. 8-) 8-)

St Fidelius
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:
St Fidelius wrote:Joffa, was there a reason to dissect my post??
You asked a lot of questions. I thought it was courteous to answer them.
St Fidelius wrote:The simple fact is..... we where siht in the fist quarter

your ability to not consume that fact is obvious .........
If you read my post I actually said they were s.hite in the first quarter so I dont know where you get that from.
St Fidelius wrote:If we had have played another side in the 8th and gave them that head start, we would have flowered up....
mabye. But we can only talk about whom we played and it was a meritorious win.
St Fidelius wrote:We are talking of a team that many picked to play in the GF...
yes many did
St Fidelius wrote:and if you really think that first quarter was acceptable, then maybe you are thinking that we are crap.....
I suggest you reread my post to you. I said the first quarter was s.hite.
St Fidelius wrote:FFS admit the 1st quarter was crap and move on........
Reread my post. I said they we crap in qtr1 -sheesh
St Fidelius wrote:If it was against any other side in the eight we may have flowered it up...
We can only talk about whom we played. A team who beat Hawthorn last week.
St Fidelius wrote:and again tell me it was NOT RL instructions to play that way in the first quarter

THIS SEEMS TO BE THE OBVIOUS QUESTION...
Are you suggesting that Lyon coached them to miss three shots from in front and not to kick a goal??????????
St Fidelius wrote:We never played like that before being coach by RL and yet NO ONE CAN EXPLAIN WHY WE DID IT AGAINST NORTH MELBOURNE....
We played many a bad game before Lyon took over.
St Fidelius wrote:why the F*** did we play like that in the 1st quarter and what changed it around...
Think it would be obvious. The team was supposed to play the did in the last three quarters all game and after Lyon got up them they played the way they should have.

We played tough direct football in the last three quarters. We had an 8 goal turnaround and a 6 goal to one final quarter

I look at the game and the fact that we changed around our game after a terrible first quarter. It was obvious immediatley after qtr time that Lyon had instructed them to play on - run run run, attack the ball, use the talls.

To critisise the caoch after such a win just doesn't wash.
forget the dissecting FFS are you some type of moron???

WHY THE F*** DISECT EACH AND EVERY COMMENT I MAKE???

any wonder this site is gone down the shite with worthless comments and flowering crappola like you good self...

POINT....

JUST WHO COACHED THAT PATHITIC CRAP OF A GAME PLAN IN THE FIRST QUARTER??

AND YOUR COMMENT...

To critisise the caoch after such a win just doesn't wash
So a win does not expect any critisim from any player of coach???

Yeah righto...

except mediocrity their should be questions raised as to why we played such a negative and pathetic first quarter and if we had have played a better side we would have lost the game.

SO DONT GIVE ME CRAP AND DISSECT EVERY ASPECT OF MY POSTS..

Your comments to my original post are pathetic ...........

I guess the players thought that they should have every player in the norths forward half and it was not RL instructions to do so??

Give up c**k Head and forget this absolute embarrisment of suggesting that our win was anything to do with RL first quater F*** up...

Mods either ban me or ban this ridiculous flowing moron :roll:

Don't wait for the light at the end of the tunnel to appear, run down there and light the bloody thing yourself!